PDA

View Full Version : Repeaters

khan 92
07-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi guys could anyone clarify the term repeaters.and could you plz post info about daewoo repeaters

TAREEN
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Semi-auto shotguns are termed as repeaters.

Glocky
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I presume its our local terminology because even i used to wonder about the same question.

@khan92, i have not seen a Daewoo repeater, do you have a model number or description

Ka_Khan
08-05-2009, 12:48 AM
In a Pump Action you will have to load a cartridge by sliding back and forth the grip.After fire again the movement will expell the used cartridge and in the same time load a fresh one.
In a Repeater after fire,it automatically expells the used cartridge and loads a new one without you to move the forearm handle.It works automatically.
The similar issue was discussed some time back and could be checked here:-
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=262

TAREEN
08-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Term 'repeating arms' is used internationally & repeater is an extract of it. Call it a repeater or a semi-auto. Its same like one continent calls it an apartment & the other calls it a flat.

Khalidsh
08-05-2009, 11:16 AM
what I can gather is a repeater action is when the empty cartridge is ejected and a new on is chanbered. this is know as repeating action.

Ka_Khan
08-05-2009, 07:53 PM
You are right Khalid and this is done automatically.

khan 92
08-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys appreciate the help

Enigmatic Desires
10-05-2009, 03:28 AM
The newspapers have a different nomenclature. They refer to pump actions as repeaters..

TAREEN
10-05-2009, 08:46 AM
Pls don't confuse the readers again. They refer this way, due to limited knowledge, as both guns look the same specially in defender configuration.

Ahmad
10-05-2009, 12:16 PM
i do not want to confuse OP but any firearm capable of repeat fire is repeater so was the name of Winchester Repeating Arms Company, which made lever action rifles capable of repeat fire 1n mid 1800, which was a major break through after metallic cartridge. well before the invention of both pump action & semi auto shotguns.
and yes in Pakistani context semi auto Shot guns are called repeaters.
cheers

12GAUGE
10-05-2009, 12:20 PM
AoA everybody!

Any gun that loads a cartridge from the magazine and when fired, emptys the chamber and loads another one into the chamber is a called a repeater. hence a repeater is a gun that repeats the action.

Repeater shotguns come in two catagories:

Auto repeaters and Manual repeaters

Auto repeaters are what we call auto loaders or semi auto shotguns that use power of the gun powder gases to automatically eject the spent cartridge and load a fresh one from the magazine in to the chamber. they can be of inertia operated as well that use the backward recoil to eject the spent cartridge and load another one into the chamber.

Manual repeaters are bolt action, lever action and pump action shotguns. they use human/muscle power to repeat the action, that is: eject spent cartridge and load a fresh one into the chamber.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Ka_Khan
10-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Better stop it or it will create confusion.People here are familiar with the Mossberg Pump action as Repeater.

Enigmatic Desires
10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
AoA everybody!

Any gun that loads a cartridge from the magazine and when fired, emptys the chamber and loads another one into the chamber is a called a repeater. hence a repeater is a gun that repeats the action.

Repeater shotguns come in two catagories:

Auto repeaters and Manual repeaters

Auto repeaters are what we call auto loaders or semi auto shotguns that use power of the gun powder gases to automatically eject the spent cartridge and load a fresh one from the magazine in to the chamber. they can be of inertia operated as well that use the backward recoil to eject the spent cartridge and load another one into the chamber.

Manual repeaters are bolt action, lever action and pump action shotguns. they use human/muscle power to repeat the action, that is: eject spent cartridge and load a fresh one into the chamber.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

+1

TAREEN
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM
@Khan 92 how are you feeling NOW? :lol:

Enigmatic Desires
10-05-2009, 04:55 PM
For the dawn group repeaters generaly mean shotguns.. usualy pump actions...

And since the media controls what people think to quite an extent. this nomenclature was adopted by other newspapers and by inference the national vernacular as a whole..

khan 92
10-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Tareen man just had a little confusion but its all cleared now thanks to you guys this is a great site

TAREEN
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Good to hear that. I was actually worried as it took about 15 posts to clarify a 'little confusion'. ;)
Have a nice time.

m1carbine
10-05-2009, 09:30 PM
+1,shotguns,dbl,sbl,pump actions,repearters all belong to Shot gun family,plz correct me if i am wrong!!!!

TAREEN
10-05-2009, 09:37 PM
You are absolutely correct but the question & subject of this thread is different.

Ateeq1
22-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Semi-auto guns are called (In local language) "Repeater"

Topak
22-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Semi-auto guns are called (In local language) "Repeater"
+ 1