PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cleaning kits , Solvents , Oils

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Hunter
20-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Dear Pakgunners I am starting this Forum to discuss the Availibility and where to buy Cleaning Kits , sovents and oils at Good prices ... Esp Lahore

gunenthusiast
20-01-2012, 03:26 PM
also kindly include availability at peshawar/rawalpindi

Mian Jee
20-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Buy online

jawin
20-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Buy online

Which website?

Naveed_pk
20-01-2012, 07:54 PM
@ Mr hunter a few gun cleaning kits are available at hira arms neela gumbad starting from 4500 upto 8500+ . You can buy an Otis Universal cleaning kit ( multi purpose) which is best and cheap around 2500 from Bank square market neela gumbad.. This kit can be used on almost all handguns .22 , .30 , .45 , 9mm , .38 etc . You can find this one from Imran & co basement Bank square neela gumbad .
You can buy Brunox spray for cleaning @ 750 rs and Nasa spray @ 300 rs from same market .

Regards

Mr Hunter
20-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Thanks Naveed, It was very Helpful Information :smile:

francolino
21-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Nice thread. Are Birchwood Casey's Gun Scrubber or Break Free CLP - cleaning agents available here regularly, apart from ordering from internet or very limited availability at some places?

Naveed_pk
21-01-2012, 12:15 PM
@ Francolino bro Birchwood casey's products is available at Baksh Ellahi Lahore . I hope you will get from there , seen many times a rack full of Birchwood's products.

Regards

francolino
21-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you @Naveed. Brother I checked it from there though, but the whole product range is now n.a since more than a month. Only Brunox (the usual cleaner) is there.

Are their any restrictions on import of these solvents/oils, like I heard liquids etc were not allowed to be sent out of USA.

Mian Jee
21-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Are their any restrictions on import of these solvents/oils, like I heard liquids etc were not allowed to be sent out of USA.

Yes you are right, No liquids are allowed.

Ovais
22-01-2012, 05:25 AM
ahan.. helpfull for me :) thanks buddies :)

hdaackda
25-01-2012, 12:11 AM
I bought Hoppes solvent for Rs 400/ from Ilahi Bux (teen talwar) in Karachi...
the kits started from 1500/

SPAYPANTHER
25-01-2012, 12:57 AM
@ Hdaackda pleas guide me where Ilahi bux is located, I want its exact location if I am standing on 3 talfar

bestmagician83
25-01-2012, 09:28 AM
@ Hdaackda pleas guide me where Ilahi bux is located, I want its exact location if I am standing on 3 talfar

Dont u remeber that i had already told u abt this dealer very briefly....... before

hdaackda
26-01-2012, 01:22 AM

coming from two talwar to teen talwar.. turn right from teen talwar... its infront of icap (or something). there are 2 gun shops... (also some other shops in that line)

Map: http://g.co/maps/e2ggf

francolino
28-01-2012, 08:22 PM
For all semi-autos especially the hi end ones, as the materials involves technopolymers and synthetic materials too, incl rubber seals etc, I would recommend the following two combination for cleaning and lubricating.

1) Cleaning Agent:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/Francolino/BIRCHWOODCASEYGunScrubberSolventDegeaser-1.jpg

2) Lubricant:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/Francolino/169532_ts.jpg

The advantages are numerous, and these are much much better than the usual Brunox sprays and Hoppes gun oil in market. I saw them quite oft at Bukhsh Elahi Lahore earlier but now the rack seems emptied. The oil (#2) has very good rust preventive properties too. Besides these, SLIP 2000 and Rem Oil and Breakfree CLP too are also very good but I have yet to see them anywhere in market.

Aquarius
28-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I have seen these at Gul Haji Plaza but the dealer/shopkeeper told me its no match to Hoppes, therefore did'nt bother to inquire about its price.
After your post I will inquire about it once again.. thanks for the share bro.

BTW Haji Ameer Shah has some nice gun scrubbers & lubricants at his Noor Plaza shop.

farrukhnaik2000
12-04-2012, 10:19 PM
How about using WD-40? can we use it in replacement of simple white gun oil? Please advise...

Buri cheez
12-04-2012, 10:26 PM
i keep my 9mm in the box it came in... fire it occasionally... have fired around 15 round since i bought it a month back... when do i need to clean my gun... after how many rounds i mean?

gunenthusiast
13-04-2012, 11:08 AM
are birchwood products avaiolable in islamabad/rawalpindi also?

hamzaryaz
17-09-2012, 09:30 PM
How about using WD-40? can we use it in replacement of simple white gun oil? Please advise...

waiting for an expert opinion on this

Mig
18-09-2012, 09:04 PM
What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?4484-Handgun-Cleaning-Tutorial-%28With-Pictures%29

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?8942-How-to-Clean-Pistols-%28Video-Tutorial-in-Urdu%29

Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

Trigger_happy78
18-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Hoppe's Powder solvent is a good cleaning option. But its hardly available....

SPAYPANTHER
19-09-2012, 12:34 AM
if any one found hoops powder solvent in karachi please tell me i need one.

Enigmatic Desires
20-09-2012, 03:02 AM
What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?4484-Handgun-Cleaning-Tutorial-%28With-Pictures%29

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?8942-How-to-Clean-Pistols-%28Video-Tutorial-in-Urdu%29

Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.

Navarone
20-09-2012, 07:56 AM

Try EBCO in the Forum (Clifton). They had some (Pkr 470 a bottle).

I bought a bottle from Elahi Buksh (Teen Talwar; Pkr 400). They had one more left but since that had been sitting in a display cabinet, the packaging had faded quite a bit. Solvents and sunlight don't go well together.

Looked like really old stock at both places but since there is no mention of any production/expiry dates, one can't really tell.

Good luck

ANDRIS
20-09-2012, 11:48 AM
For all semi-autos especially the hi end ones, as the materials involves technopolymers and synthetic materials too, incl rubber seals etc, I would recommend the following two combination for cleaning and lubricating.

1) Cleaning Agent:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/Francolino/BIRCHWOODCASEYGunScrubberSolventDegeaser-1.jpg

2) Lubricant:

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee387/Francolino/169532_ts.jpg

The advantages are numerous, and these are much much better than the usual Brunox sprays and Hoppes gun oil in market. I saw them quite oft at Bukhsh Elahi Lahore earlier but now the rack seems emptied. The oil (#2) has very good rust preventive properties too. Besides these, SLIP 2000 and Rem Oil and Breakfree CLP too are also very good but I have yet to see them anywhere in market.

I bought the same Bux Elahi very good rust preventing, cleaning and lubricant agent.

Trigger_happy78
20-09-2012, 08:00 PM
yeah i saw it there too. But i have to wait till my gun cleaners finish...

Mig
20-09-2012, 11:00 PM
I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.

:p Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.

Enigmatic Desires
21-09-2012, 03:38 AM
:p Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.

Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

P.S of course to watch the videos on how-to-clean-my-umm-guns.

Mig
21-09-2012, 04:05 AM
Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

Its working. Thanks for the share. And yes, For guns only I am using definately, hickok45 shoots slower using proxy :p

hamzaryaz
23-09-2012, 01:43 PM
thanx alot ;)

Huntsman
23-09-2012, 10:45 PM
SPAYPANTHER, I guess i have seen it at TayyabAlly

Huntsman
23-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I have noticed that after using any rust remover or a lubricant, at times a kind of black mark on the surface is remained. This is usually with the local clones. Is there any solvent, scrubber or oil that scrubs the treated area well and reaches to the shine of the metal instead of giving a rust to black mark on it?

SAJJAD ALI
24-09-2012, 01:27 AM

simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.

Huntsman
24-09-2012, 01:53 AM
simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.

SAJJAD ALI, brother, its not working, although the suggestion from ED Sir is serving the purpose. When the jet was green, I wasn't able to brows PakGuns even. Lolz.

Please suggest what could have gone wrong.

SAJJAD ALI
24-09-2012, 01:57 AM
open the browser first then dont write anything in address bar just simply On the stealthy when it become green then open anything you want.stealthy is a addon for opening the banned websites.

Huntsman
25-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes I have tireid but its not working brother, Green Jet even blocking PakGuns and other valid sites too as said earlier.

anyway thank you for your help.

Enigmatic Desires
26-09-2012, 03:53 AM
Upart from unblock proxy. there is the 'colloquialy' named www.hidemyass.com

However I prefer un block proxy.

chohan
23-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Whats the difference between Hoppe's "POWDER SOLVENT" and "Hoppe's no 9 SOlvent"????
I am planning to buy one online, please let me know if it is the same thing or different:

http://magiclamp.pk/productView.php?ASIN=B000JMLUC6&cat1=00&cat2=&cat3=&cat4=&cat5=&sort=&node=00&search=hoppe&s=1

SMNAP
26-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Just wanted to know that what solvent/lubricant/oil is good enough to clean my PT92 and Semi Auto Shotgun...
What things will I be needing apart from the cleaning utensils such as brush, cloth etc...

Thanks in advance brother...

Regards

SMNAP
26-04-2013, 01:49 AM
Whats the difference between Hoppe's "POWDER SOLVENT" and "Hoppe's no 9 SOlvent"????
I am planning to buy one online, please let me know if it is the same thing or different:

http://magiclamp.pk/productView.php?ASIN=B000JMLUC6&cat1=00&cat2=&cat3=&cat4=&cat5=&sort=&node=00&search=hoppe&s=1

Elahi Buksh has hoppe's solvents...Tatur1 bro visited the shop today and he posted it that they have a vast collection of hoppe's...So why don't you buy it from there instead of buying it online...Im sure buying online from magiclamp is more costly...

jagga
26-04-2013, 06:56 AM
synthetic mobil1 atf mixed with mobil1 10w30 oil in a 50/50 mix is excellent for cleaning and lubrication
also dextron atf (automatic transmission fluid used in car automatic gearboxes) is common amongst many shooters for lubing and cleaning
google it and you will be surprised at how popular it is in the west
look under Gun Oil Substitutes here http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm#Oil
gunsmith Grant Cunningham suggests Dexron-type ATF fluid as a lubricant http://www.grantcunningham.com/lubricants101.html
i use synthetic 10w30 mobil 1 oil mixed with dextron atf on trigger parts and molydenum disulfide grease on the rails of semi auto pistols makes the gun smooth as butter
also remember genuine dextron atf will be bright red ....most of the stuff sold in pakistan labelled as dextron 2 atf is fake you can tell by the colour the real stuff is bright red
TIP OF THE DAY ____any rusty item coated or dipped in dextron atf for a few days will come out totally rust free

Deathrow
26-04-2013, 09:15 AM
@ Jagga...

bro from where can we get our hands on molydenum disulfide grease?

Naveed_pk
26-04-2013, 12:36 PM
@ lifebreaking roman urdu is not allowed on Pakguns . Write only in English language.

lifebreakking
26-04-2013, 12:55 PM
my pardon naveed brother i mean to say if you ask for Molybdenum Grease from from auto spare parts shop

jagga
26-04-2013, 06:43 PM
deathrow go to autospares shop and ask for grease for driveshaft joints it will be black in colour ...apply it very lightly with a cotton bud or matchstick on the rail grooves... dont forget to tell me the results

Deathrow
26-04-2013, 07:41 PM
deathrow go to autospares shop and ask for grease for driveshaft joints it will be black in colour ...apply it very lightly with a cotton bud or matchstick on the rail grooves... dont forget to tell me the results

Really? thanks bro

BreakNeck
26-04-2013, 08:26 PM

@Jagga

Since you use it regularly on your pistols, have you faced any issue like messy holster or anything like that?

jagga
26-04-2013, 08:29 PM
no mess if you apply it very lightly on the rails ...if you put too much on it will leak out and can mess up your hands,clothes and holster and the black mark will not wash wash off clothes.
you only need a very tiny amount dont apply too much and you wont have a problem
its excellent for lubricating airgun springs and makes them a lot smoother

BreakNeck
26-04-2013, 08:41 PM
Thanks Jagga bro for the input. I think this grease is usually referred to as CV Joint Grease here in auto shops. A confirmation would be appreciated.

12GAUGE
26-04-2013, 09:33 PM
AoA Gentlemen.

Kindly allow me offer my two cents on the subject. C.V joint grease (mostly Molybdenum Disulfide Grease or Moly grease or MOS2 grease) is a high quality grease which can be (just as easily) used in some firearms related applications however mostly such grease is available in NLGI-2 grade which in my humble opinion is too thick for the job.

if one is in pursuit of perfection instead of following "just to get it over with it" approach, in that case, I would suggest that one should mix it with some high quality oil to thin it down to the level of mayonnaise (NLGI-0). mixing it is easy. just add oil in small quantities and whip the whole mixture like you do with an egg. keep checking. stop mixing oil when typical mayonnaise type consistency is achieved. Simple!

Regards.

SMNAP
26-04-2013, 09:40 PM
@12 Gauge

Bro what should I use to clean my pistol and shotgun?

BreakNeck
26-04-2013, 10:17 PM
@ 12 Gauge

Thank you for the confirmation and suggestion. Always a pleasure to read and learn from your posts.

12GAUGE
26-04-2013, 10:29 PM
@12 Gauge

Bro what should I use to clean my pistol and shotgun?

Bro, you can use any high quality cleaner such as hoppes or birchwood's bore scrubber. they both work well. if you want a home brew then I'm afraid you'll have to play with some chemicals which are commonly available at most hardware stores. upside: you'll save alot only if you shoot/clean alot. otherwise, the juice is not worth the squeeze. let me know if you want to play chemist then we'll take it from there. ;)

This might help:

Maintenance: Cleaning an Autoloader Shotgun (http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?5554-Maintenance-Cleaning-an-Autoloader-Shotgun)

Regards.

Deathrow
26-04-2013, 10:35 PM
AoA Gentlemen.

Kindly allow me offer my two cents on the subject. C.V joint grease (mostly Molybdenum Disulfide Grease or Moly grease or MOS2 grease) is a high quality grease which can be (just as easily) used in some firearms related applications however mostly such grease is available in NLGI-2 grade which in my humble opinion is too thick for the job.

if one is in pursuit of perfection instead of following "just to get it over with it" approach, in that case, I would suggest that one should mix it with some high quality oil to thin it down to the level of mayonnaise (NLGI-0). mixing it is easy. just add oil in small quantities and whip the whole mixture like you do with an egg. keep checking. stop mixing oil when typical mayonnaise type consistency is achieved. Simple!

Regards.

and which oil should this be..???

12GAUGE
26-04-2013, 10:44 PM
and which oil should this be..???

Any gun oil that you prefer bro. Oil only. No WD40, brunnox or NASA or any similar CLP that may contains solvents in the mixture.

Regards.

SMNAP
26-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Bro, you can use any high quality cleaner such as hoppes or birchwood's bore scrubber. they both work well. if you want a home brew then I'm afraid you'll have to play with some chemicals which are commonly available at most hardware stores. upside: you'll save alot only if you shoot/clean alot. otherwise, the juice is not worth the squeeze. let me know if you want to play chemist then we'll take it from there. ;)

This might help:

Maintenance: Cleaning an Autoloader Shotgun (http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?5554-Maintenance-Cleaning-an-Autoloader-Shotgun)

Regards.

Thanks a lot brother...I think I will just buy a Hoppe's solvent and refrain from being a chemist as I don't like chemistry lol it will be a bit difficult for me...:)

Deathrow
27-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Any gun oil that you prefer bro. Oil only. No WD40, brunnox or NASA or any similar CLP that may contains solvents in the mixture.

Regards.

oh, so the regular simple gun oil that we get that should do right? I really wana try this today on my Caracal... last time I just lubed it with mobile oil and it made hell-a-lota difference in the smoothness of the gun...

chohan
27-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Elahi Buksh has hoppe's solvents...Tatur1 bro visited the shop today and he posted it that they have a vast collection of hoppe's...So why don't you buy it from there instead of buying it online...Im sure buying online from magiclamp is more costly...

Bro I have already visited Ellahi Buksh, no doubt they have Hoppe's products, I bought a weatherguard oil from there but solvent was not available, they informed that the shipment will arrive soon but called them day before yesterday and till then the solvent was not available. Any other place if anyone can suggest?????

SMNAP
27-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Bro I have already visited Ellahi Buksh, no doubt they have Hoppe's products, I bought a weatherguard oil from there but solvent was not available, they informed that the shipment will arrive soon but called them day before yesterday and till then the solvent was not available. Any other place if anyone can suggest?????

I am not aware of any as yet...Although I am waiting for Elahi Buksh to get its shipment soon...

jagga
29-04-2013, 06:26 AM

wd40 is fine for cleaning but it dries up very fast and does not lubricate very well. after using wd40 let the weapon dry and apply gun oil

chohan
30-04-2013, 01:03 PM
I am not aware of any as yet...Although I am waiting for Elahi Buksh to get its shipment soon...
Bro if u get any news of availability at ellahi buksh plz share on this thread, If I will get any news I will update the same here as well.

GUNFREAK
30-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Can someone please provide number of Elahi Buksh Karachi. Thanks.

regards

SMNAP
30-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Bro if u get any news of availability at ellahi buksh plz share on this thread, If I will get any news I will update the same here as well.

Sure I'll do that...

tatur1
30-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Can someone please provide number of Elahi Buksh Karachi. Thanks.

regards

021-35221299

GUNFREAK
30-04-2013, 05:33 PM
021-35221299

thanks brother.

regards

RashidKM
01-05-2013, 01:15 PM
It would be hlepful that members also share the product name, vendor and prices.

so that other interested members get the desired information and can make their own choices.

AMP11692
01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Saw this today at EBCO Forum, in Karachi. The price seemed too much for the quantity.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9623/img20130501wa0000.jpg

lifebreakking
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
My universal weapon cleaning bought from china20921209222092320924

lifebreakking
02-05-2013, 12:49 AM
22 usd incl shipping to my home address
Regards

AMP11692
02-05-2013, 04:05 AM
That is brilliant, where do you live if you dont mind my asking?

Asif Ali
02-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Saw this today at EBCO Forum, in Karachi. The price seemed too much for the quantity.

Yup you are right. Price should not be more than Rs 700/-

chohan
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
saw this today at ebco forum, in karachi. The price seemed too much for the quantity.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9623/img20130501wa0000.jpg
available at ellahi buksh clifton rs.1000/=

RashidKM
03-05-2013, 10:55 PM
http://www.manventureoutpost.com/product_images/tact/main/PIPCO38_1.jpg

Brought this Gun cleaning kit (.38, .357 & 9mm) from Elahee Buksh today.
Rs. 3000/-

chohan
16-05-2013, 03:00 PM
today got a bottle of hoppe's solvent from ellahi buksh clifton for rs.700 (2 ozs). but it was not a sealed bottle, they are filling the small bottles from pint or drum I guess. the bottle was also looking old. cant say if its a pure solvent or mixed with anything else, lets use to see the result.

Dragg3r
17-05-2013, 06:12 AM
Why not just get TetraGun Cleaning Kit from Mega Arms in Karachi for Rs. 1500, i have been using that for my PT92 and i am really satisfied with it compared to any other local or cheap kits. However i my self personally prefer Hoppes Solvents and Lubricants.

PS: I have used TetraGun Cleaning Kit in my Beretta / Taurus Tutorial (Link Below) and you can see the result in the pics.

BreakNeck
17-05-2013, 09:43 AM
today got a bottle of hoppe's solvent from ellahi buksh clifton for rs.700 (2 ozs). but it was not a sealed bottle, they are filling the small bottles from pint or drum I guess. the bottle was also looking old. cant say if its a pure solvent or mixed with anything else, lets use to see the result.

@Chohan Bro,

Ellahee Buksh Hoppes Solvent prices are a real mystery. You got it for Rs. 700/- unsealed bottle. He sold me a sealed bottle for Rs. 1,000/-. A fellow member SMNAP bro got it for Rs. 550/-. I have obtained a refund from them. I would rather not buy than being ripped off. Would be great if SMNAP bro confirms he got it for Rs. 550/ from Ellahee Buksh Clifton and it was a sealed/ unsealed bottle. Some tremendous confusion can be avoided here. Would bring the dealer pricing practice in front of forum as well.

chohan
17-05-2013, 11:35 AM
well, I guess these people know that we don't have any other choice as the solvent is not available anywhere else, and this the reason I have compromised on loose bottle with a factor of risk.

shahjee
17-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Otis have made a Zombie Otis cleaning kit. Has anyone see one in Pakistan?
Details
When you’re trying to save your life from the walking dead, the last thing you want is a jam. Make sure your apocalyptic survival kit includes the Zombie Gun Cleaning System. It’s a no-brainer. It’s not just you on the line, it’s all of humanity. Designed to clean all 5.56MM rifles, 9MM, 40 & 45 caliber pistols and 12 gauge shotguns. Keep it Clean; Stay Alive.

-8” and 30" Memory Flex® Cables for effective and correct Breech-to-Muzzle® cleaning

-Five (5) bronze bore brushes remove copper deposits and other fouling

-Rubberized patch saver® for complete 360° cleaning of shotgun barrel

-Specialized precision tools for complete breakdown and fine cleaning of all critical and hard to reach areas of your firearm

-Lightweight soft pack with belt loop for convenient carrying

Aquarius
17-05-2013, 03:53 PM
@shahjee.. very nice sharing bro.

Mig
17-05-2013, 08:48 PM
One stupid question !!

Where Can I get gun Cleaning Cloth local made in Karachi ? I am passing time with general cloth pieces from here and there all the time.. There used to be red stripped white rolls sometime, and then square pieces sometime.. Anything available these days ?

hsnmz
17-05-2013, 08:58 PM
you mean the usual "chindi" not sure about Karachi but these are available in Pindi. I have found that making patches from old tshirts and vests work better than the chindi

BreakNeck
17-05-2013, 11:02 PM
One stupid question !!

Where Can I get gun Cleaning Cloth local made in Karachi ? I am passing time with general cloth pieces from here and there all the time.. There used to be red stripped white rolls sometime, and then square pieces sometime.. Anything available these days ?

Muhammadi & Co. (Hussain, the Bohri guy in the lane famous for holsters). Cloth with red stripes. For Rs. 25/-

GUNFREAK
17-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Muhammadi & Co. (Hussain, the Bohri guy in the lane famous for holsters). Cloth with red stripes. For Rs. 25/-

Thanks BreakNeck, even I was looking for some. I know Hussain pretty well, sure will get it now.

Regards

BreakNeck
17-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks BreakNeck, even I was looking for some. I know Hussain pretty well, sure will get it now.

Regards

Pleasure GunFreak Bro. I m still in search of cut patches though.

GUNFREAK
17-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Pleasure GunFreak Bro. I m still in search of cut patches though.

Cut patches are everywhere:

Tactical arms
Ahmed Traders
Tayyaballay
Elahi Bux

Regards

BreakNeck
17-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Cut patches are everywhere:

Tactical arms
Ahmed Traders
Tayyaballay
Elahi Bux

Regards

Oh gr8. Was looking for these at Lucky Star and didn't check Tayabally. Thanks.

Mig
18-05-2013, 04:04 PM

Thanks BreakNeck. Will get them !

@hsnmz
Yes the old vests work fine and also I used cotton chindis available sometime on traffic signals, they work fine too. But that red striped rolls are good and specially for this purpose. Though imported patches work better but are not that cheap as these local made ones

chohan
18-05-2013, 04:36 PM
R u talking about this one????

Aquarius
18-05-2013, 07:48 PM
Yes it works very well.

Trigger_happy78
18-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Otis have made a Zombie Otis cleaning kit. Has anyone see one in Pakistan?
Details
When you’re trying to save your life from the walking dead, the last thing you want is a jam. Make sure your apocalyptic survival kit includes the Zombie Gun Cleaning System. It’s a no-brainer. It’s not just you on the line, it’s all of humanity. Designed to clean all 5.56MM rifles, 9MM, 40 & 45 caliber pistols and 12 gauge shotguns. Keep it Clean; Stay Alive.

-8” and 30" Memory Flex® Cables for effective and correct Breech-to-Muzzle® cleaning

-Five (5) bronze bore brushes remove copper deposits and other fouling

-Rubberized patch saver® for complete 360° cleaning of shotgun barrel

-Specialized precision tools for complete breakdown and fine cleaning of all critical and hard to reach areas of your firearm

-Lightweight soft pack with belt loop for convenient carrying

Nice kit would love to have one although i have the bigger one ;)....

Mig
18-05-2013, 10:27 PM

Bullseye !

SZBR
25-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Bought this Brunox spray and cleaning kit from Guns and Accessories for a total of Rs. 2,000

Any idea if this spray is any good? It says that it lubricates AND cleans so should I be using oil with it or just the spray is good enough?

RashidKM
27-05-2013, 10:55 AM

Bought this Brunox spray and cleaning kit from Guns and Accessories for a total of Rs. 2,000

Any idea if this spray is any good? It says that it lubricates AND cleans so should I be using oil with it or just the spray is good enough?

First clean it with the turbo spray and then apply for lubrication..

APPLICATION AND EFFECT
Lubricant

BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® is a long-term lubricant based on a balanced mixture of hydrocarbons with the additive TURBOLINE.

Creep oil / Rust loosener
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® is a multi-component lubricant which has an excellent penetration effect. Therefore it is capable of penetrating into finest hair-chaps and spaces and, for example, loosens tightened screws in a very short time. It loosens rust and frees sticky mechanisms.

Anti-corrosion
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® guarantees complete corrosion protection and also conservation of hollow spaces. The hydrocarbon mixture which is responsible for this guarantees both a compact protection film and also the necessary film thickness which displaces any humidity. It forms a clear, invisible, non-hardening film which does not need to be removed in most cases. (Exception: painting). This film provides temporary protection against corrosion (approx. 6 months) and has a dirt repelling effect.

Cleaning agent
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® penetrates and removes mineral and organic dirt so that spots of (almost) all kinds (e.g. tar, brake dust, adhesive residues etc.) can be easily wiped off. It neutralizes hand sweat and also protects aluminum, copper, brass, chromium plated and galvanized sheet metal and stainless steel.

Contact spray
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® has a very low surface tension and a corresponding adhesion to metals so that leak currents will be prevented and humidity which has penetrated will immediately be displaced. It is suitable for the corrosion protection of electrical contacts in low-voltage engineering. Before spraying on electrical or electronic equipment, switch off the devices. The very high dielectric strength (UD=45KV/cm) also allows the application in connection with very sensitive (high-impedance) circuits. This property is particularly useful with electrical contacts and short circuits can be eliminated and prevented.

SZBR
27-05-2013, 03:45 PM
First clean it with the turbo spray and then apply for lubrication..

APPLICATION AND EFFECT
Lubricant

BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® is a long-term lubricant based on a balanced mixture of hydrocarbons with the additive TURBOLINE.

Creep oil / Rust loosener
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® is a multi-component lubricant which has an excellent penetration effect. Therefore it is capable of penetrating into finest hair-chaps and spaces and, for example, loosens tightened screws in a very short time. It loosens rust and frees sticky mechanisms.

Anti-corrosion
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® guarantees complete corrosion protection and also conservation of hollow spaces. The hydrocarbon mixture which is responsible for this guarantees both a compact protection film and also the necessary film thickness which displaces any humidity. It forms a clear, invisible, non-hardening film which does not need to be removed in most cases. (Exception: painting). This film provides temporary protection against corrosion (approx. 6 months) and has a dirt repelling effect.

Cleaning agent
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® penetrates and removes mineral and organic dirt so that spots of (almost) all kinds (e.g. tar, brake dust, adhesive residues etc.) can be easily wiped off. It neutralizes hand sweat and also protects aluminum, copper, brass, chromium plated and galvanized sheet metal and stainless steel.

Contact spray
BRUNOX® Turbo-Spray® has a very low surface tension and a corresponding adhesion to metals so that leak currents will be prevented and humidity which has penetrated will immediately be displaced. It is suitable for the corrosion protection of electrical contacts in low-voltage engineering. Before spraying on electrical or electronic equipment, switch off the devices. The very high dielectric strength (UD=45KV/cm) also allows the application in connection with very sensitive (high-impedance) circuits. This property is particularly useful with electrical contacts and short circuits can be eliminated and prevented.

Thanks for the details Rashid!! Will try it out and let you guys know.

I was also curious as to whether this spray will have any detrimental affects on polycoat. Have emailed them and waiting for response.

Mig
01-06-2013, 10:47 PM

went to lucky star today for a quick visit just for chindees. Went to Pioneer to ask him where is Muhammadi but what I got is that the Chindees were available there, hence no waste of time. I picked two full rolls at Rs.550 each. Small pieces of around 1 meter were also available packed in plastic bags for Rs.30 each. Being his old client, he also gave me a complimentary key-chain.

SMNAP
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
went to lucky star today for a quick visit just for chindees. Went to Pioneer to ask him where is Muhammadi but what I got is that the Chindees were available there, hence no waste of time. I picked two full rolls at Rs.550 each. Small pieces of around 1 meter were also available packed in plastic bags for Rs.30 each. Being his old client, he also gave me a complimentary key-chain.

Congrats MIG...Good to see you after quite some time :)

Mig
02-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Congrats MIG...Good to see you after quite some time :)

Thanks Sardar sahab. Just having an extremely busy schedule these days. But PG is always in blood and soul !

alikhanj
26-06-2013, 10:28 PM
How about Singer Oil from Singer Washing Machine Company for guns, an old shikari recommended it, on the packaging it is mentioned that it is recommended for gun cleaning. Thank you.

Huntsman
27-06-2013, 01:00 PM

Nice and compact Kit brother. Congratulations.

Chemical-Ali
27-06-2013, 10:14 PM
After searching high and low in Pesh, I can't seem to find any Hoppe's cleaning products. If I ask my better half to bring em from UK, would that be cool?

Leon
28-06-2013, 04:54 AM
@ Chemical Ali! Bro! You can find them in Rawalpindi and Lahore.

Chemical-Ali
28-06-2013, 12:50 PM
@ Chemical Ali! Bro! You can find them in Rawalpindi and Lahore.

Cheers Leon bro, could I get some telephone nos. for dealers in Pindi who would keep the aforementioned products. Thanks

Leon
28-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Elahee Baksh, Bank Road has Hopp's products. You can search his number in dealer section.

Chemical-Ali
28-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Elahee Baksh, Bank Road has Hopp's products. You can search his number in dealer section.

Thank you bro, very kind of you :)

Leon
28-06-2013, 03:26 PM
@ Chemical-Ali! Bro!

Elahi Bakhsh...051-5583370

Chemical-Ali
28-06-2013, 11:28 PM
@ Chemical-Ali! Bro!

Elahi Bakhsh...051-5583370

Thank you Leon Bro, you didn't have to search it for me I'm ashamed now, to put you through the hassle.

1stranger
05-11-2013, 08:03 PM
synthetic mobil1 atf mixed with mobil1 10w30 oil in a 50/50 mix is excellent for cleaning and lubrication
also dextron atf (automatic transmission fluid used in car automatic gearboxes) is common amongst many shooters for lubing and cleaning
google it and you will be surprised at how popular it is in the west
look under Gun Oil Substitutes here http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm#Oil
gunsmith Grant Cunningham suggests Dexron-type ATF fluid as a lubricant http://www.grantcunningham.com/lubricants101.html
i use synthetic 10w30 mobil 1 oil mixed with dextron atf on trigger parts and molydenum disulfide grease on the rails of semi auto pistols makes the gun smooth as butter
also remember genuine dextron atf will be bright red ....most of the stuff sold in pakistan labelled as dextron 2 atf is fake you can tell by the colour the real stuff is bright red
TIP OF THE DAY ____any rusty item coated or dipped in dextron atf for a few days will come out totally rust free

AoA Gentlemen.

Regards.

Expert members, will these two things

[mobil1 atf with 10w30 (or better mobil oil) ] and moly grease mixed with some high class mobil oil e.g. 10w30 0r better will equal to hoppes' in performance?
or we still need hoppes etc?

kindly if convenient tell, with reffernce to polymer, alloy and full steel handgun... Thanks

Leon
05-11-2013, 08:38 PM
@ 1stranger,

Bro,

For reliability and easy cleaning, it is better to use Hopp's Products. The best are Birchwood Casey's but they are hard to find.

1stranger
05-11-2013, 08:47 PM
@ 1stranger,

Bro,

For reliability and easy cleaning, it is better to use Hopp's Products. The best are Birchwood Casey's but they are hard to find.

Thanks Leon Br!

so I will need Hoppes gun oil and ??? do we have to apply Moly grease for slide or hoppes has something like grease as well??

Aquarius
05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Expert members, will these two things

[mobil1 atf with 10w30 (or better mobil oil) ] and moly grease mixed with some high class mobil oil e.g. 10w30 0r better will equal to hoppes' in performance?
or we still need hoppes etc?

kindly if convenient tell, with reffernce to polymer, alloy and full steel handgun... Thanks

Polymer handguns like Glocks & HKs need very little oil.. just one drop of good quality oil on rails, one drop on locking lug, one drop on barrel and a drop at the back of trigger bar.. that will be enough.
One important fact to remember "don't apply any sought of lubricant to the firing pin channel of Glocks.. keep it as dry as possible.

Regarding alloy & Steel framed hand guns, a good quality Lithium gun grease on the rails is better than oil for long term proper cycling.. remember when there is friction/sliding between metals, grease is better than oil and for moving parts oil is better.

Now coming to your query, yes you can dilute a good quality moly grease with a good quality synthetic oil so that its viscosity equals in between NLGI-1 and NLGI-0.. apply sparingly on the rails of slide and frame of both alloy and steel framed handguns.. enjoy and happy shooting.

Regards.

Leon
05-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks Leon Br!

so I will need Hoppes gun oil and ??? do we have to apply Moly grease for slide or hoppes has something like grease as well??

Till I had Caracal, I used hopp's. On CZ 75 B, I have experimented with Lithium Based Grease but I till feel that Hopp's or Birchwood Casy's Oil is enough. Grease attract more dust than oil. I don't feel comfortable with grease.

1stranger
06-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Polymer handguns like Glocks & HKs need very little oil.. just one drop of good quality oil on rails, one drop on locking lug, one drop on barrel and a drop at the back of trigger bar.. that will be enough.
One important fact to remember "don't apply any sought of lubricant to the firing pin channel of Glocks.. keep it as dry as possible.

Regarding alloy & Steel framed hand guns, a good quality Lithium gun grease on the rails is better than oil for long term proper cycling.. remember when there is friction/sliding between metals, grease is better than oil and for moving parts oil is better.

Now coming to your query, yes you can dilute a good quality moly grease with a good quality synthetic oil so that its viscosity equals in between NLGI-1 and NLGI-0.. apply sparingly on the rails of slide and frame of both alloy and steel framed handguns.. enjoy and happy shooting.

Regards.

Thanks Bro for kind reply...

Till I had Caracal, I used hopp's. On CZ 75 B, I have experimented with Lithium Based Grease but I till feel that Hopp's or Birchwood Casy's Oil is enough. Grease attract more dust than oil. I don't feel comfortable with grease.

Leon Bro thank you too for your sincere reply.. however I think grease would be better for slide and oil for springs and hammer etc... correct me if I am wrong... Thanks

Mian Jee
06-11-2013, 03:49 PM

Me too, Oil is best for any part of your gun however it moves or not.

Aquarius
06-11-2013, 04:21 PM
Oil will do the job no doubt, but after every 100 rounds fired, you have to relube your rails for proper function.. for longer sessions grease is a better option than oil, because it stays in its place and you know "Mian Jee" rails are the most important component of steel/alloy framed hand guns, so you have to take extra care of it.. once the rails start degenerating, its keeps on going progressively..

In other words prevention is better than cure.

Enigmatic Desires
06-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Me too, Oil is best for any part of your gun however it moves or not.

Err.. Does that apply to "all" guns?

Aquarius
06-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Leon Bro thank you too for your sincere reply.. however I think grease would be better for slide and oil for springs and hammer etc... correct me if I am wrong... Thanks
Exactly.. oil where penetration of grease is difficult.

NECTAR
06-11-2013, 06:55 PM
sensible answer+1 grease suks.

Aquarius
06-11-2013, 07:03 PM
sensible answer+1 grease suks.

Plz elaborate a little more.. how come grease s--ks..

Can you give me just one practical and your personal experience with the grease.

Leon
06-11-2013, 10:58 PM
@ Aquarius,

Bro, You are in lethal mode today.

Anyway, he is right to the extant that grease sucks (withstand) the high temprature. LOL!

I am still using grease in hings area of shotgun, in bolt area of rifle and in slide area of pistol. These are the areas which are not exposed and usage of grease will not cause any carbon or dust accumulation. Further, these area are easy to clean. On rest of the parts, I use oil.

Even then I would not suggest grease to the person who is not a regular shooter and does not regularly clean his / her gun and / or carry gun on daily basis. Grease attracts dust and its casual use may cause jamming due to dust accumulation. In the end, it is just my opinion without any experience.

Mian Jee
06-11-2013, 11:47 PM
@Leon,

I can't believe my fingers typing these words but +1 to you on above statement.

Mian Jee
07-11-2013, 12:20 AM
Err.. Does that apply to "all" guns?

Of course not! but it depends on the GUN as well,

If you just carry it all the time but don't use it,

then you might need to lube it occasionally.

Enigmatic Desires
07-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Of course not! but it depends on the GUN as well,

If you just carry it all the time but don't use it,

then you might need to lube it occasionally.

@Mian Jee,

I can't believe my fingers typing these words but +1 to you on above statement.

Omkhan
07-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Damn. I could not stop laughing on above and my colleagues are wondering if I am alright. :P

Enigmatic Desires
07-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Damn. I could not stop laughing on above and my colleagues are wondering if I am alright. :P

"A pretty quick hit is better than a lightning-fast miss. -- Jack Weaver"

May all your guns hit fast and work flawlessly with only the slightest of lubrication

Omkhan
07-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Ameen to that.

Aquarius
07-11-2013, 04:35 PM
@ Aquarius,

Bro, You are in lethal mode today.

I am still using grease in hings area of shotgun, in bolt area of rifle and in slide area of pistol. These are the areas which are not exposed and usage of grease will not cause any carbon or dust accumulation. Further, these area are easy to clean. On rest of the parts, I use oil.

Leon bro I am always cool don't worry..
Use grease where you like or oil where you like.. you admitted yourself that you use grease in slide area of pistol and that was the point I was explaining since yesterday.

Grease on the sliding metals & oil on the moving parts and to clean your weapon every month routinely regardless of its usage.

BTW let it be grease or oil.. we just want our guns to perform properly and to perform properly at the rite time.

Regards.

hsnmz
24-11-2013, 11:06 PM
pls suggest any good solvent for cleaning shotgun barrel, the one that can take out the plastic residue.

Regards

Trigger_happy78
25-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Or look for Britchwood cassey's Bore scrubber. Strong stuff....

hsnmz
25-11-2013, 03:34 PM
I have checked, in pindi and isb only Hoppes products are available.

Aquarius
25-11-2013, 03:56 PM
I have checked, in pidi and isb only Hoppes products are available.
So what are you waiting for bro.. go for it.. Hoppes products are one of the best.

hsnmz
26-11-2013, 12:00 PM
So what are you waiting for bro.. go for it.. Hoppes products are one of the best.

yup got Hoppes 9 solvent for Rs 650. I was also shown mpro7 but it had only written "removes carbon" on it so didn't go for it.

hash11
26-11-2013, 02:22 PM
yup got Hoppes 9 solvent for Rs 650. I was also shown mpro7 but it had only written "removes carbon" on it so didn't go for it.

From which shop of rawalpind/islamabad?

hsnmz
26-11-2013, 02:55 PM
From which shop of rawalpind/islamabad?

elahi buksh baverley center blue area

shahjee
27-12-2013, 10:50 PM
I am looking for a Hoppes Cleaning kit that comes in a Box, I checked Neelam Gumbad today and not much selection. I found a Allen set but they qouted 4000pk an they would not lower the price. So does anyone know where I can get a 12bore cleaning kit?

shahroze
27-12-2013, 11:29 PM
I found a Allen set but they qouted 4000pk an they would not lower the price. So does anyone know where I can get a 12bore cleaning kit?

Orient traders has the shotgun cleaning kit 5k asking price

shahjee
28-12-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Bro I forgot that Shop will go today.

shahjee
29-12-2013, 01:07 AM
I have some cleaning kits from England instead. So will post pics when they arrive

Anjum
01-01-2014, 02:08 PM
From where I can get cleaning rod and brush for 22 rifle (location: Islamabad n Rawalpindi)

1stranger
22-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Dear members, kindly advise me which grease should I use for my EZ9? I want to use it on slides of EZ9...but I don't want to spend more, any economical but practically excellent solution??
What about Molygrease...? If yes then what to mix in the grease (I mean to turn it into NLGI 0)

I have bought Brunox Turbo spray, but I think that is for cleaning not for lubricating... correct me if I am wrong?? I mean can we use brunox instead of Oil?? for putting in spring and trigger area etc??

Presently I am not into regular shooting sessions... primarily its for HD, means less use... So kindly advise keeping this in view.

Waitiing for experts' suggestions..!

Leon
22-01-2014, 09:28 PM
@ 1stranger,

You don't need anything else. Brunox is very good CLP (Clean, Lubricate and Protect).

1stranger
22-01-2014, 09:45 PM
@ 1stranger,

You don't need anything else. Brunox is very good CLP (Clean, Lubricate and Protect).

Leon brother, thanks for quick reply... I was waiting for a expert advise...

So, if Brunox is best, and can clean, lubricate and protect from rust etc... then would you advise me further about cleaning my EZ9...

I am thinking to clean and lubricate it as its not been done so far, and I think one should clean and lubricate EZ9 after buying...
So I am thinking to put Brunox on trigger part, inside of Hammer area, outside of barel and inside of slide..

1.Now what about barrel should I also use Brunox in it for cleaning and after that lubricating??

2.And what abut slide grooves... will Brunox also works well there??

3.Any other part which I should clean and lubricate??

And don't forget to add something if I missed it.. :) Thanks and waiting...

Leon
22-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Bro,

Search pakguns, Abbas has written a very good tutorial on how to clean a handgun.

hmd
22-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Bro,

Search pakguns, Abbas has written a very good tutorial on how to clean a handgun.
Yes bro that video is really very informative regarding gun cleaning .

shahjee
23-01-2014, 09:47 AM
YouTube.com type in Pakguns gun cleaning

shahjee
27-01-2014, 09:39 PM
This is a new product on the market but Expensive. Is it available in Pakistan?
http://froglube.com/

Mian Jee
28-01-2014, 01:30 AM
This is a new product on the market but Expensive. Is it available in Pakistan?
http://froglube.com/

Can't we just make it out of our own local frogs? somehow?

I mean, we have lot of frogs here & we can also make it if they can, we just need to know how.

mythical
28-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Right Mian Jee , We can make our own Frog Lube with the extreme Frogs we Get in Rainy Season. :D
Really some Bizarre name for Gun lube.
I think the creator used to see some Japanese Anime which show Frogs as spitting Oil but that's usually Flammable
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120205122739/naruto/images/0/04/Toad_Oil_Flame_Bullet.jpg
This image is from Naruto Animes

Can't we just make it out of our own local frogs? somehow?

I mean, we have lot of frogs here & we can also make it if they can, we just need to know how.

shahjee
28-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Reason its called FrogLube is the owner was a Frogman in Navy Seal and also Frogs Representative a Happy and safe environment

shahjee
28-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Mian Jee plz donot start chasing frogs with Your Double Barrell to make Your own Desi FrogLube.

hahahahahaaa

BreakNeck
28-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Do we have to rename it as well? Like Daddoo lube

Mian Jee
28-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Dadoo Grease,

Sounds good, lets find some dadoos.

shahjee
30-01-2014, 04:53 PM
I want to buy this Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent 16oz bottle. Has anyone seen this anywhere? Lahore and Rawalpindi shops only

Mian Jee
30-01-2014, 04:54 PM
I want to buy this Hoppe's No. 9 Solvent 16oz bottle. Has anyone seen this anywhere? Lahore and Rawalpindi shops only

Baksh Elaahi, Lia-hore.

Naveed_pk
30-01-2014, 04:59 PM

No , Hopes Copper Solvent not available in lahore . You can get Lubrication Hoppes no 9 .

shahjee
30-01-2014, 05:14 PM
Noooooooooo looks like I will have to buy when back in England

shahjee
30-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Please can someone advise how to use these Brushes. The copper brushes I am more concerned about, do I push in once and then reverse? do I rotate 360 degrees inside the barrel?

1stranger
30-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Baksh Elaahi, Lia-hore.

A day or two ealrier I asked Bukhsh Elahee Lahore about Hoppes products and they didn't have them....

1stranger
30-01-2014, 05:27 PM
No , Hopes Copper Solvent not available in lahore . You can get Lubrication Hoppes no 9 .

Br I didn't find hoppes lubricant in Lahore....Asked Orient, Hira, National and Bukhsh Ilahihe.. etc... but no one has it...
only Mokal Arms has Hoppes Lubricanr but its bottle is a bit different than shown in the tutorial of Abbas br..
he was claming that its original... do you think that will be genuine?

Also if you have any other location in mind kindly inform. Thanks

Mian Jee
30-01-2014, 05:31 PM
Please can someone advise how to use these Brushes. The copper brushes I am more concerned about, do I push in once and then reverse? do I rotate 360 degrees inside the barrel?

@shahjee,

How old are you? seriously!

1stranger
30-01-2014, 05:31 PM

Brother Mokal Arms has Hoppes lubricant, but not sure about its genuiness. You can chec if you like...

seconldy recently came to know that elahee bukhs Rawal Pindi has good quantity of Hoppes products... lubricant, solvent, grease... etc...

But ordering is difficult... I cannot go in person... so.... still unable to get...

if you are interested to buy from them, then count me in too.. Thanks.

1stranger
30-01-2014, 05:33 PM

Can one bring lubricant, solvent etc in lugage from abraod without any issue from customs and ASF etc??

hmd
30-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Can one bring lubricant, solvent etc in lugage from abraod without any issue from customs and ASF etc??
Yes you can bro . I have even bought hard cases the coustm stopped and asked me I told them it is for my personal weapon and they let it go no question asked .

1stranger
30-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Yes you can bro . I have even bought hard cases the coustm stopped and asked me I told them it is for my personal weapon and they let it go no question asked .

JazakAllah brother... its a good news...! :)

shahjee
31-01-2014, 12:07 AM
Mian jee I am 12 years old Sorry I upset You by asking about the brushes

shahjee
31-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Wheres Buksh Elaee in Pindi?

1stranger
31-01-2014, 08:59 AM
Wheres Buksh Elaee in Pindi?

Brother its on Bank Road... I guess... I didn't visit it but heard about this shop...

Seniors are requested to post contact details of Bukhsh Elahi RawalPindi...!
Thanks

shahjee
31-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Visited Buhksh Elahi today Mall road Lahore and nice Shop but had only couple of bottles of Brichwood CASEY stuff, plenty of Brounx bottles and hoppes. So will give Pindi shop a try. Are theses guys not online?

1stranger
01-02-2014, 12:12 AM
... plenty of Brounx bottles and hoppes. So will give Pindi shop a try. Are theses guys not online?

Shahjee weren't you looking for hoppes???
Which I think you were... then why not purchased them....??

Elahi Bukhsh Rawalpindi dont send online.... to my knowledge... but may agree to send to some one they know well...!

Are you planning to buy from them??

shahjee
01-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I was looking for Hoppes but changed my mind after reading about Brichwood Casey. So now I am on the hunt for Brichwood casey but if I come across Hoppes No 9 16OZ Bottle then I would buy it as its top stuff.

If I go to Pindi I let You know my email is shahidhamzah99@gmail.com

1stranger
01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Shahjee Thanks for the offer...! You have my email too, kindly inform me when yoi plan to go...! Thanks

By the way, check the following post... it will give you some idea of Elaihe Bukhsh's stock.. and may be you find your desired hoppes' bottle in the pic... :)

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?568-What-have-you-bought-today&p=422409&viewfull=1#post422409

Also can you tell (as you have recently visited Bukhsh Elahee, Lahore) do they have hoppes no9 solvent, grease and lubricant?
I mean the genuine ones. .?
Thanks

shahjee
01-02-2014, 10:49 PM
I saw from a distance that they had hoppes but did not inquire as I went directly to the brichwood casy section. Thanks for the link

Enigmatic Desires
04-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Shahjee Thanks for the offer...! You have my email too, kindly inform me when yoi plan to go...! Thanks

By the way, check the following post... it will give you some idea of Elaihe Bukhsh's stock.. and may be you find your desired hoppes' bottle in the pic... :)

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?568-What-have-you-bought-today&p=422409&viewfull=1#post422409

Also can you tell (as you have recently visited Bukhsh Elahee, Lahore) do they have hoppes no9 solvent, grease and lubricant?
I mean the genuine ones. .?
Thanks

If u use good quality imported ammo. Why bother? A simple NASA and white oil should take care of your needs in any case.

1stranger
04-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Brother thanks alot, so then do you consider chinese red box among quality ammo? :)

Anyhow, ED br on a lighter note (infact just for shughal asking) how about if one use normal quality ammo (like imported but not expensive) and then use quality cleaning/caring products
than
Using quality ammo and normal cleaning/caring products???

which will be economical and good ! :)

P.S. is 12 Guage brother busy in some kind experinent these days??? Any news ED brother?? :)

Enigmatic Desires
04-02-2014, 01:57 PM
No idea bro..

The are all first gun shauks.
The best ammo the best oil the best cleaning kit.

IMHO I have yet to come across anything in the ammo world that cannot be taken care of with a Rs. 500 kit a NASA spray kee bottle and some white oil.

I have even used local ammo as well.

However U needs must clean your gun after every shooting session. Unless U r using imported ammo.

ANd the most expensive ammo I have used (in 9mm that is) is Red box.

1stranger
04-02-2014, 02:24 PM
ED brother thanks for the reply....

Yes bro you are right these are basically first gun shouks.... however I try to refrain from becoming brand conscious. ... and felling into any 'shouk' ( as I have already bought quite normal and cheaper cleaning kit, local brush etc... but I think cleaning material not the tools should be very good... but atbthe same time cheaper..!
So thats why I asked about 12 guage brother to tell whether his lubricant etc will be effective as other quality materials...!

Enigmatic Desires
04-02-2014, 02:49 PM
ED brother thanks for the reply....

Yes bro you are right these are basically first gun shouks.... however I try to refrain from becoming brand conscious. ... and felling into any 'shouk' ( as I have already bought quite normal and cheaper cleaning kit, local brush etc... but I think cleaning material not the tools should be very good... but atbthe same time cheaper..!
So thats why I asked about 12 guage brother to tell whether his lubricant etc will be effective as other quality materials...!

Well... I am not concerned with the materials used rather then their frequency. Initially we use the best meterials to meticulously clean our weapons. But later on dont bother. Thats the problem. The important thing is not 'what' u use. but whatever u use whether its 12 guage's concoction or Hoppes.. U HAVE to use it after every shooting session.

1stranger
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Well... I am not concerned with the materials used rather then their frequency. Initially we use the best meterials to meticulously clean our weapons. But later on dont bother. Thats the problem. The important thing is not 'what' u use. but whatever u use whether its 12 guage's concoction or Hoppes.. U HAVE to use it after every shooting session.

Point noted brother...! :)

bkhan
11-02-2014, 12:47 AM
I clean my weapons regularly by using simple machine oil and then leave them oily and put a piece of cloth in barrell. As I was showing my friend before giving him my desi 30 bore semi auto that no bullet is chambered for safety reason I saw rust, alot of rust. After that I checked all my weapons and all of them have rust in their barrell. Alot of Brown material, anyone know what's the reason or m I doing the cleaning completely wrong? Thanks

colt 1911
11-02-2014, 01:12 AM
I clean my weapons regularly by using simple machine oil and then leave them oily and put a piece of cloth in barrell. As I was showing my friend before giving him my desi 30 bore semi auto that no bullet is chambered for safety reason I saw rust, alot of rust. After that I checked all my weapons and all of them have rust in their barrell. Alot of Brown material, anyone know what's the reason or m I doing the cleaning completely wrong? Thanks

Bro how often do you clean your weapons? Lubricating your weapon does not guarantee that i wont catch rust. Clean and lubricate your weapon every month even if you dont fire it. and keep your weapons in a dry place.

hmd
11-02-2014, 01:19 AM
That is really surprising bro as you have already mentioned that you clean your weapon often and keep it lubed .

AK47
11-02-2014, 09:22 AM
I clean my weapons regularly by using simple machine oil and then leave them oily and put a piece of cloth in barrell. As I was showing my friend before giving him my desi 30 bore semi auto that no bullet is chambered for safety reason I saw rust, alot of rust. After that I checked all my weapons and all of them have rust in their barrell. Alot of Brown material, anyone know what's the reason or m I doing the cleaning completely wrong

You don't mention "all my weapons". With desi weapons, it's presumably rust. Imported weapons, and guns with chrome lined barrels, this could be copper residue. Try using a copper remover solvent or bore cleaner,
or both, like Hoppe's 9, Pro 7, etc.

Once cleaned out properly, leave for a few days and check again. If it's gone, fine. If it's back, consider it serious rust. Then give a diesel bath/dip to all of them for a night, clean again and keep regularly lubricated.... means preferably twice a month, use or no use.

I personally run a cloth of CLP/Rust protection through all my barrels occasionally, whether in use or no use. But you should not "leave a cloth" in the barrel as you mentioned. This itself can cause humidity entrapment!

Regards.

bkhan
11-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks hmd, colt1911 and AK47 bro.
I clean them after 20 or so days, definitely once a month. Gave all of them a proper Diesal wash and was in sunlight for a whole day. I think it's because of humidity. But the amount of Brown stuff (rust or copper) is to much, I will give them a proper clean today and will buy what AK47 bro mentioned once I go to Peshawar. Maybe putting cloth in barrel is causing it to. Thanks guys

umerriasat1991
11-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Can someone please tell me where can I buy Tetra Gun Grease and M Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX in Karachi?I need these for my TAURUS PT99 AFS and BERETTA 92 FS

bkhan
11-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Ok, I was cleaning and a piece of cloth got stuck in the middle of 7mm rifle. It's not moving in any direction, any idea plz?

1stranger
11-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Can someone please tell me where can I buy Tetra Gun Grease and M Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX in Karachi?I need these for my TAURUS PT99 AFS and BERETTA 92 FS

Umer Brother, wait for ED br or some other expert from Karachi, they may be able to guide you properly. ..

ED and skywatcher brothers are online, hope they will see this soon... In Sha Allah....

hsnmz
11-02-2014, 03:07 PM
looking for a handgun cleaning kit that can clean from .22lr to 9mm to .45 is there any available ?

colt 1911
11-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Ok, I was cleaning and a piece of cloth got stuck in the middle of 7mm rifle. It's not moving in any direction, any idea plz?

use a rod longer than the size of the barrel to push it out

1stranger
11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
looking for a handgun cleaning kit that can clean from .22lr to 9mm to .45 is there any available ?

Hsnmz brother, I think Otis Universal kit will suit you well.... but may be there will some other economucal alternatives to that, but I think Otis will be good if budget is not a issue..

Enigmatic Desires
11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
There are universal chinese kits available in hte market. In a silver case. Around 3.5k or so.

I have seen otis kits every now and then but am not sure if they are otis or chinese made to look like Otis.

hsnmz
11-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Hsnmz brother, I think Otis Universal kit will suit you well.... but may be there will some other economucal alternatives to that, but I think Otis will be good if budget is not a issue..

There are universal chinese kits available in hte market. In a silver case. Around 3.5k or so.

I have seen otis kits every now and then but am not sure if they are otis or chinese made to look like Otis.

Thank you guys, How much is Otis for ?

Enigmatic Desires
11-02-2014, 05:16 PM
The ones I have seen go for around 4 to 5k or so.

1stranger
11-02-2014, 05:43 PM
Thank you guys, How much is Otis for ?

Hsnmz br, couple of weeks back a pakguns' memeber purchased it from Neela Gumbad Lahore in 5k... dont know he bargained it or not, because when I entered the shop, he was already there and shopkeeper was saying him 5k... then he visited market and then again come back and purchased in 5k.

By the way you live in Islamabad, brother I will advise you that try to get one from Peshawar, hopefully you will get one cheap and good.. In Sha Allah

If you want from Peshawar, then for further assistance you can contact brother S.Jawwad.

hsnmz
11-02-2014, 08:50 PM
How to contact him

AK47
11-02-2014, 09:20 PM

No Panic! Absolutely no panic. I hope you haven't manhandled your rifle so far.

1) Fill the barrel with any good oil from the end where the cloth is farthest away, so most oil can get into the barrel. Leave it overnight, rifle in standing position, so oil doesn't get out from the end that you filled it in from.

2) Next day, turn your rifle around and fill some more oil from the other end, and again leave it in standing position for a couple of hours at least.

3) Once you can see the oil has penetrated the cloth from the other end also, use a long enough cleaning rod and gently, very gently, tap your cleaning rod with something and push the cloth out, making sure you do it from the end that the cloth has to travel the least.

If the cloth stuck in your barrel was too thick, you may need to let it absorb oil for 2-3 days even, as to enable a smooth extraction.

Regards.

hmd
11-02-2014, 09:22 PM
No Panic! Absolutely no panic. I hope you haven't manhandled your rifle so far.

1) Fill the barrel with any good oil from the end where the cloth is farthest away, so most oil can get into the barrel. Leave it overnight, rifle in standing position, so oil doesn't get out from the end that you filled it from.

2) Next day, turn your rifle around and fill some more oil from the other end, and again leave it in standing position for a couple of hours at least.

3) Once you can see the oil has penetrated the cloth from the other end also, use a long enough cleaning rod and gently, very gently, tap your cleaning rod with something and push the cloth out, making sure you do it from the end that it has to travel the least.

If the cloth stuck in your barrel was too thick, you may need to let it absorb oil for 2 days even.

Regards.
Good suggestion bro .

1stranger
11-02-2014, 11:23 PM
How to contact him

Dear Hsnmz brother,

S. Jawwad brother's email ID is s follows

jawadalishah77@gmail.com

hsnmz
12-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Dear Hsnmz brother,

S. Jawwad brother's email ID is s follows

jawadalishah77@gmail.com

Thank you for your help, have sent him an email

bkhan
12-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks AK47 bro, as I was afraid to push it with more force. Filled it with oil and left it standing in sunlight. Tommorow Will put oil from other direction. Once again dera manana.

umerriasat1991
12-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the support and help!.I went to teen talwar today visited Elahee Buksh & Co and bought the HOPPES NO 9 Lubricating Gun Oil.
I was hoping to buy M Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX but unfortunately they did not have it in stock so I bought the HOPPES NO 9 instead.The HOPPES NO 9 is good quality oil and did a fine job in lubricating my TAURUS PT 99 AFS and BERETTA 92 FS,the only thing I dont like about this oil is that it is harmful and can cause cancer

1stranger
12-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Thank you for your help, have sent him an email

You are welcome brother! :)

Waqas17
13-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Just thought i'd add to this thread.

I recently bought a Military Issue Otis M9 9mm cleaning kit from the US, via eBay. It arrived after 11 days, but who knows maybe i was lucky with customs. It cost 5k shipped:

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0936_zpsb8d415b5.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0936_zpsb8d415b5.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0935_zpsb38628e7.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0935_zpsb38628e7.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0934_zps5e5ca9ce.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0934_zps5e5ca9ce.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0933_zpsf1f138ee.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0933_zpsf1f138ee.jpg.html)

hsnmz
13-02-2014, 01:00 PM
how about hoppe's universal cleaning kits, has anyone any experience with these ad are these available in the market

Azizurrehman
13-02-2014, 03:53 PM
is wd 40 good for cleaning 9 mm...?

Fudgepacker
13-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Its good enough. I only use Ballistol, it cleans and lubes and can be used on anything from metal to leather. You only need solvent for really fouled barrels and gas pistons.

Azizurrehman
13-02-2014, 04:13 PM
Its good enough. I only use Ballistol, it cleans and lubes and can be used on anything from metal to leather. You only need solvent for really fouled barrels and gas pistons.

Wd 40 is easily available, balistol may not be available in pak...!

Mian Jee
14-02-2014, 03:33 AM

No. WD 40 is not good for gun cleaning, and it's not a lubricant, it will stick to the under parts of the gun where you can't reach or clear it off completely and it becomes gummy after some time and will work like a dust & carbon magnet.

Always use CLP products for your guns which are made for that purpose.

Asif Ali
14-02-2014, 10:26 AM

I recently bought a Military Issue Otis M9 9mm cleaning kit from the US, via eBay. It arrived after 11 days, but who knows maybe i was lucky with customs. It cost 5k shipped:

Congratulations brother its a great buy :)
BTW what was cost other than shipping and custom duty?

Azizurrehman
14-02-2014, 10:33 AM
No. WD 40 is not good for gun cleaning, and it's not a lubricant, it will stick to the under parts of the gun where you can't reach or clear it off completely and it becomes gummy after some time and will work like a dust & carbon magnet.

Always use CLP products for your guns which are made for that purpose.

yes you are right MIAN jee cz WD 40 is sitcky and absorbs dust.

Enigmatic Desires
14-02-2014, 12:16 PM
yes you are right MIAN jee cz WD 40 is sitcky and absorbs dust.

Azizurrehman.. Mian Jee is ALWAYS ALWAYS right!

Mian Jee
14-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Yup! Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken.

Verve
14-02-2014, 07:55 PM

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0936_zpsb8d415b5.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0936_zpsb8d415b5.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0935_zpsb38628e7.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0935_zpsb38628e7.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0934_zps5e5ca9ce.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0934_zps5e5ca9ce.jpg.html)

http://i1327.photobucket.com/albums/u661/mob17987/IMG_0933_zpsf1f138ee.jpg (http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/mob17987/media/IMG_0933_zpsf1f138ee.jpg.html)

Waqas bro - could you please email me on 3verve@gmail.com .... need a small favour!

Waqas17
15-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Congratulations brother its a great buy :)
BTW what was cost other than shipping and custom duty?

Thanks brother. The actual kit cost $30. Then $20 for shipping. So roughly 5k Rs. There was no customs charge, perhaps i was lucky it slipped through?

Verve: Email sent bro.

Naveed_pk
15-02-2014, 06:12 PM
@ Waqas its a very good and effective cleaning kit but price seems to be high . I had bought several kits for PG members in 2.5 k i-e 2500 rs from neela gumbad don't know the current price though .

Regards

Waqas17
15-02-2014, 11:53 PM
@ Waqas its a very good and effective cleaning kit but price seems to be high . I had bought several kits for PG members in 2.5 k i-e 2500 rs from neela gumbad don't know the current price though .

Regards

I'm not too sure on the current price, but when i asked at Buksh Elahi (Pindi), they asked for 5k for a universal kit. Also, i'm not too sure on the availability of the Military Issue M9 kit here in Pakistan? For those two reasons, i thought the price was actually ok.

Aquarius
16-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Yes 5K is too much for it.

Waqas17
16-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Yes 5K is too much for it.

You have to remember 2k was for shipping, so it was really sold for 3k. Also, it is a genuine Otis kit direct from the US. Plus, you tell me where you can get this exact version from Pakistan, and the price? I haven't seen anyone with this Military Issue M9 kit bro.

Aquarius
16-02-2014, 10:44 AM
You have to remember 2k was for shipping, so it was really sold for 3k. Also, it is a genuine Otis kit direct from the US. Plus, you tell me where you can get this exact version from Pakistan, and the price? I haven't seen anyone with this Military Issue M9 kit bro.
Don't remember about the exact version whether its Military M9, but sells for 2K at Sitara Market., even it will be available with Kashif.

BTW its a pocket Otis cleaning kit for M9 but can be used to clean other 9mm pistols.. I have see bigger than this & whats so special about this military M9 version.

Mian Jee
16-02-2014, 07:19 PM
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1585_zps613e6f0b.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1586_zpse67e2462.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1589_zps972a493a.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1590_zps888bff46.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1591_zps66bca6b1.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s459/miananjum/Miscellaneous/IMG_1592_zpsb05a5f36.jpg

This is the best kit Otis has ever made.

One kit & all the calibers you have, handguns, rifles and shotgun.

This is a gift from a very dear friend Col Nauman.

1stranger
16-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Mian Jee Sir,
Beautiful all in one kit...!

By the way, does this kit is called Otis universal kit or that is a different kit?

Also whats the estimated current price of this kit these days?

shahroze
16-02-2014, 07:52 PM
May Allah give every one friends like that
Ameen. Congrats

colt 1911
17-02-2014, 12:40 AM
This is the best kit Otis has ever made.

One kit & all the calibers you have, handguns, rifles and shotgun.

This is a gift from a very dear friend Col Nauman.

bro can you share the availability and estimated price of this kit?

Mian Jee
17-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Mian Jee Sir,
Beautiful all in one kit...!

By the way, does this kit is called Otis universal kit or that is a different kit?

Also whats the estimated current price of this kit these days?

JazakAllah 1nomorestranger brother,

No this is not a Otis universal kit, but it says "Deluxe Military Cleaning System".

Not sure about the price or availability.

May Allah SWT grant you with Otis universal kit.

Aameen.

May Allah give every one friends like that
Ameen. Congrats

I thought you were my friend! :tsk:

Very sorry brother, i don't even know the answer.

Thanks to the dear friend who send it through Daewoo.

Waqas17
17-02-2014, 06:56 AM
Very nice kit Mian Jee for someone who has a lot of guns!

I still haven't tried mine yet, but will do in a few days. I really wanted a 9mm specific kit as i would have felt weird not using most of the items that come in a bigger kit for other calibers.

shahroze
17-02-2014, 05:40 PM
Sir,
you put a person in such position that he can only say

Aquarius
17-02-2014, 06:45 PM
@Mian Jee:

Very nice kit Bro.. happy cleaning & lubing lolzz.

Verve
18-02-2014, 04:31 AM

Colt bro, visit Amir/Sabir Shah's shop in PSW ... iirc the asking was 6k ... it is surprisingly compact and fits on the belt ... we bought the bigger kit for 5k

colt 1911
18-02-2014, 03:59 PM
Colt bro, visit Amir/Sabir Shah's shop in PSW ... iirc the asking was 6k ... it is surprisingly compact and fits on the belt ... we bought the bigger kit for 5k

ok thanks.....

bkhan
19-02-2014, 11:50 AM
AK47 bro, I did exactly what u said to take out that piece of cloth. 3 days up and down oil and oil but that thing was not moving at all. 4th day used AK47 rod with a bit force then it started moving. Extended that rod which made that cloth reachable from bolt side then made a hook kinda thing and toke it out. All asked one question, how did u made it stuck like that in first place. Allah de izzat oka rora.

AK47
19-02-2014, 10:35 PM
AK47 bro, I did exactly what u said to take out that piece of cloth. 3 days up and down oil and oil but that thing was not moving at all. 4th day used AK47 rod with a bit force then it started moving. Extended that rod which made that cloth reachable from bolt side then made a hook kinda thing and toke it out. All asked one question, how did u made it stuck like that in first place. Allah de izzat oka rora.

Congrats on relieving your gun from the constipation..............now, kindly ensure, it doesn't become "chronic constipation"........means, always use cleaning rods with the open "ridge" at end point, in which you insert the piece of cloth firmly.

A traditional AK47 cleaning rod is only a confirmed recipe for disaster. It's short, and with no place to insert the piece of cloth.

Btw, I have seen people thinking of the craziest way to take out stuck cloths, including one stupid who wanted to "shoot" it out of the barrel, hadn't I reached his house a couple of more minuttes!

Regards.

Deathrow
19-02-2014, 11:37 PM
One question guys.... I have a fair experience of dealing with fire arms but one aspect that I`m a totally blank about Gun Solvents and Oils....I would request the seniors to please guide me..

My regular practice is that I would field strip my gun everytime (and the gun I own is Caracal F) I`m done at the range and clean it with Nasa, giving special attention to the Barrel and stuff..

Then once I`m home I would wipe the gun off with all the extra Oil and then carefully lube my weapon with Engine Oil (which would include the barrel, recoil spring and so). For rails I use the Molly Grease (or atleast that is what I think it is since its black)....

Am I missing out on anything if I`m not using any Hoppes products or other expensive Solvents and Oils? Am I making some kinda Blooper or blunder?

Please educate me....

colt 1911
20-02-2014, 12:35 AM

i told you to use a rod in the first instance.had you used the rod on the first day, there would have been no 4th day :)

bkhan
20-02-2014, 01:41 PM
i told you to use a rod in the first instance.had you used the rod on the first day, there would have been no 4th day :)
I did from day 1, but it was not moving at all. Bro trust me it was stuck really bad.
AK47 bro belive me one of my friend ( who have no experience or knowledge or fire arms) gave me this valuable advice to fire it.

pakistanitoup
20-02-2014, 02:04 PM
my one cent

once i was cleaning .303 mark 4. i inserted a bigger cloth then normal to ensure extra cleaning as there was some rust in it.
that thing choked the barrel. i tried all. rods,oil and anything i could think at that time but all was useless.

finally i heated the rod till it was red hot on gas stove.
it punctured the cloth like knife in butter.
then i was good go.

1stranger
20-02-2014, 06:01 PM
Deathrow bh I am not an expert, but in my humble opinion,

Engine oil, is good but there are better options than that IMO. The one very cheaper is Singer Machine oil :). However if you want homemade, then I think a mixture of
ATF Dextron Automatic Transmission Fuel, used for automatic cars for power steering etc.
and
Mobil oil of good quality, 12 guage bro suggest 10/ 30 I think ( but don't remember exactly, you can search it on forum ).
A Good ratio would be 2 times ATF and one time of Mobil oil. IMO.

but its my opinion, do consult experts about this before before using.

However, one thing that I wont recommend is putting engine oil in the barrel. It may catch dirt with time and can case unusual and unnecessary friction.
You can lubrecate the barrel from out side but in my opinion there is no need to lubrecate it from inside after cleaing specially with engine oil.

Hope that seinors will certainly guide you well...!

Deathrow
20-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Deathrow bh I am not an expert, but in my humble opinion,

Engine oil, is good but there are better options than that IMO. The one very cheaper is Singer Machine oil :). However if you want homemade, then I think a mixture of
ATF Dextron Automatic Transmission Fuel, used for automatic cars for power steering etc.
and
Mobil oil of good quality, 12 guage bro suggest 10/ 30 I think ( but don't remember exactly, you can search it on forum ).
A Good ratio would be 2 times ATF and one time of Mobil oil. IMO.

but its my opinion, do consult experts about this before before using.

However, one thing that I wont recommend is putting engine oil in the barrel. It may catch dirt with time and can case unusual and unnecessary friction.
You can lubrecate the barrel from out side but in my opinion there is no need to lubrecate it from inside after cleaing specially with engine oil.

Hope that seinors will certainly guide you well...!

Thanks for the humble advice bro.... and Noway am I gona lube my barrel from inside.. Hehehe I got enough sense akhi....

AK47
21-02-2014, 02:50 AM
I did from day 1, but it was not moving at all. Bro trust me it was stuck really bad.
AK47 bro belive me one of my friend ( who have no experience or knowledge or fire arms) gave me this valuable advice to fire it.

Gosh! You mean it!!!

Thanks God you didn't contemplate bro, there would be nothing left to clean anymore! Lol!

Could have proved a disaster for yourself too, God forbid.

These are the type of stupids I was referring to.

Regards.

Verve
21-02-2014, 04:22 AM

1stranger brother, just a slight correction if you don't mind .. ATF would be for automatic transmission/gearbox only and not for power steering as PS oil is quite different.
Your suggestion of using a quality ATF makes good sense to use in guns - genuine Honda ATF 1quart costs 1k and that's plenty to lube many many guns. Mixing oils of different viscosities and weightings, i.e ATF and Mobile 1 or fully synthetic with semi-synthetics or mineral oils, however I wouldn't recommend as that can cause early degradation of the oil. Castrol GTX 10-30 is also a very good mineral oil and cheaper too (not checked availability in local market however) - it is injected in rotary engines combustion chambers (such as in Mazda RX7 and RX8).

colt 1911
22-02-2014, 01:31 AM

Thank God you didnt listen to him

1stranger
22-02-2014, 07:11 AM
1stranger brother, just a slight correction if you don't mind .. ATF would be for automatic transmission/gearbox only and not for power steering as PS oil is quite different.
Your suggestion of using a quality ATF makes good sense to use in guns - genuine Honda ATF 1quart costs 1k and that's plenty to lube many many guns. Mixing oils of different viscosities and weightings, i.e ATF and Mobile 1 or fully synthetic with semi-synthetics or mineral oils, however I wouldn't recommend as that can cause early degradation of the oil. Castrol GTX 10-30 is also a very good mineral oil and cheaper too (not checked availability in local market however) - it is injected in rotary engines combustion chambers (such as in Mazda RX7 and RX8).

Why I mind brother???

Brother, actually this is not my recipe, I have read it on PG in a thread memebr Jagga and 12 guage has contributed...
secondly by ATF I meant Dextron III ATF, which is of broght red colour. And I dont know that whether it can be used in automatic gears or not but people certainly used it for power steering oil.

mee too think that mobil oil 10/30 should be synthetic mixed with ATF of good quality.as other oils may not work as required.

However, I still think that for cleaning one should chose a good CLP... atleast NASA... (avaliable un around 200 to 250 Rs.) And can last many cleaning sessions.

Verve
22-02-2014, 02:12 PM
Many use what shopkeepers push on to them. ATF is purely designed for in Automatic Transmission use, hence called ATF. Mercedes, Honda, Toyota ATF are all red. And generally Power steering oil is clear in colour. And then there is MTF, Manual Transmission Fluid for stick/manual cars gearbox.

I have NASA oil I use sometimes but I am inclined to find and use Castrol GTX (mineral oil) as this oil has multiple decades proven track record of use and drip injection in rotary engine race bred cars engines and combustion chambers where temps reach close to 2500 Celsius. Gun chamber doesnt reach anywhere near that, considering the brass melting temp is <1000 Celsius. As Castrol GTX is drip fed in the combustion chamber, a small residue of it I doubt will do any harm in a barrel. Hard chrome is non-corrodible by organic acid etc hence minerals oil shouldn't do any damage to it. Even no chromed barrel should be fine with it as it doesn't corrode steel.

pakistanitoup
23-02-2014, 01:34 PM
I use this military spec aircraft turbo engine oil on my guns.
Anyone else tried it ?

Aquarius
23-02-2014, 02:35 PM
I use this military spec aircraft turbo engine oil on my guns.
Anyone else tried it ?
I have bought it but then someone told me not to use it as it even penetrates through your skin and causes neuropathies, therefore I avoid using it.. even its written on the tin to avoid skin contact.

BTW is it red in colour ??

pakistanitoup
23-02-2014, 02:42 PM
I have bought it but then someone told me not to use it as it even penetrates through your skin and causes neuropathies, therefore I avoid using it.. even its written on the tin to avoid skin contact.

BTW is it red in colour ??
Color is like cooking oil. Transparent.
Yes skin n eye contact should be avoided. Actually now i dont use it as it started smelling like old and dirty sock. What im looking for is a quarter can iofsynthetic mobil oil. So i am planning ti switch.

Aquarius
23-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Color is like cooking oil. Transparent.
Yes skin n eye contact should be avoided. Actually now i dont use it as it started smelling like old and dirty sock. What im looking for is a quarter can iofsynthetic mobil oil. So i am planning ti switch.
Brother these are all old and expired stuff.

pakistanitoup
23-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Brother these are all old and expired stuff.

It smells like it too.
What i found in the store is shell 10w-40 synthetic oil. Should i use it ?

Aquarius
23-02-2014, 03:00 PM
It smells like it too.
What i found in the store is shell 10w-40 synthetic oil. Should i use it ?
Yes you can use it.

pakistanitoup
23-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Yes you can use it.

Is it hazardous ? For human body

Aquarius
23-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Is it hazardous ? For human body
Always wear gloves while lubing your guns.. it is not that harmful as the aircraft engine oil.