PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help me with my diana mod .45

Anaglyphical
15-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Salam all. I recently very spontaneously bought a diana mod 45 from the road, yes from the road. I was at an arms shop the guy brought it to sell the gun but the dealer refused to pay right away and told the guy to keep it in amanat, however i approached the guy outside the shop and asked him his demand. The guy demanded 20K, i checked the gun and liked it pretty much i thought of offering him so low that he won't sell it to me hence i offered him 12K and to my surprise he right away agreed and i bought it. the gun's front sight needed a replacement so i replaced it with an irani sight. but still i am suffering to achieve any accuracy with the gun. so any help or assistance with the sights would be great and besides is there and benchmark of power testing on through which i can be sure if it is powerful or not.

Best Regards

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
15-01-2012, 07:33 PM
SALAM BAHI SAAB.
The gun should get a full service new spring new piston seal and also a proper air gun grease.then it would preform a good shooting.have you checked the barrel if it is not bent.the only way to check power is to have a chronograph.if you need any help in dismantling the air gun i could guide you but if you are not capable best to take it to a gunsmith.SH TARIQ UK.

raja yasir
16-01-2012, 05:00 AM
i am working on a diana 45 project as well.changing its spring which is wider then other models available in pakistan so i am importing it from alsayad it might arrive in few days,i had the same accuracy problem with the gun because of same broken sight so i mounted a scope on it and it worked so well until its spring got broken,with a new good spring this gun is very powerful,First Zero the gun then shoot a 1.5 liter bottle full of water from at least 250 feet this gun is capable of crossing the pellet through both sides of bottle at that distance.if it does then its powerful enough.

Anaglyphical
16-01-2012, 12:25 PM
@SHIEKH TARIQ UK: w.salam bhai sahab. thanks for the reply. i got the barrel checked from my trusted gunsmith and it was bent hence got it removed. as far as the piston seal is concerned it was announced fine by the gun smith.

Anaglyphical
16-01-2012, 12:29 PM
@raja yasir: oh thats great. so how much are you paying for the spring? and are u importing it through someone or directly? using scope is a good option but i am too skeptical about using scope on an airgun. which scope and mount are you using? i have tried the gun on cooking oil tin at 40 ft it passed through bought sides

taha
16-01-2012, 04:34 PM
@raja yasir: oh thats great. so how much are you paying for the spring? and are u importing it through someone or directly? using scope is a good option but i am too skeptical about using scope on an airgun. which scope and mount are you using? i have tried the gun on cooking oil tin at 40 ft it passed through bought sides
Passing through both sides? Have you changed the spring yet? While I'm not sure how should a No.45 perform, but you're definitely on the better side IMHO.

Anaglyphical
16-01-2012, 09:49 PM
@taha: yes bro it passed through both sides and i haven't got anything changed in the mechanism. it takes quite a good effort to load it and after 20 odd shots one gets a feeling on the shoulder that he has fired something

taha
17-01-2012, 03:09 PM
it takes quite a good effort to load it and after 20 odd shots one gets a feeling on the shoulder that he has fired something
Apparently, more the loading effort, better the spring quality. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Umair Bhaur
24-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Salam all. I recently very spontaneously bought a diana mod 45 from the road, yes from the road. I was at an arms shop the guy brought it to sell the gun but the dealer refused to pay right away and told the guy to keep it in amanat, however i approached the guy outside the shop and asked him his demand. The guy demanded 20K, i checked the gun and liked it pretty much i thought of offering him so low that he won't sell it to me hence i offered him 12K and to my surprise he right away agreed and i bought it. the gun's front sight needed a replacement so i replaced it with an irani sight. but still i am suffering to achieve any accuracy with the gun. so any help or assistance with the sights would be great and besides is there and benchmark of power testing on through which i can be sure if it is powerful or not.

Best Regards

Dear Brother,

You are late or might be I am late.

In fact I am now capable of working on almost all Diana guns in much better way than any gunsmith. They dont know what grease to use. They dont know the function of Moly Grease and silicon oil and their respective use. Still if you need free help, I can do it for you.

There were two version of Diana 45 model. Earlier model is with Leather Piston seal and later model is with Synthetic piston seal.

I know how to replace the seal and how to replace the spring. You may need to replace the breach seal as well. Bent barrel is no problem. Its just the matter of half an hour of work.

If one does all that work with complete care, your gun can become amazing. Good power.

You need to arrange parts. The only part I have is original 45 ,model spring which I can give you. For piston seal and breach seal you need effort.

You may need to correct your sights or put a good scope.

This is what I may be able to do for you. But if your trigger is damaged or any other part is damaged, that will need replacement. Never go for repair / welding.

Hope you enjoy your gun.

Anaglyphical
29-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Thankyou really very much for extending such a warm hand of assistance to a novice like me. Its true most of the gunsmiths whom I have talked to always say that diana guns are a headache to repair. And i believe you should make a video tutorial exclusively for pakgun family regarding the surgery and transplant of a diana:).
My gun's trigger is absolutely fine and crisp and its adjusting perfectly it literally has no play at all.
And bro what do you think is possible to get original pistons from pakistan? and how much would the spring cost me? which scope and mount combo should i install on my gun and kindly mention there price too.
Thanks

Umair Bhaur
31-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Thankyou really very much for extending such a warm hand of assistance to a novice like me. Its true most of the gunsmiths whom I have talked to always say that diana guns are a headache to repair. And i believe you should make a video tutorial exclusively for pakgun family regarding the surgery and transplant of a diana:).
My gun's trigger is absolutely fine and crisp and its adjusting perfectly it literally has no play at all.
And bro what do you think is possible to get original pistons from pakistan? and how much would the spring cost me? which scope and mount combo should i install on my gun and kindly mention there price too.
Thanks

Normaly the replacements are only spring, piston seal and breach seal. You can import all these things yourself. You can also import Hawke Airmax scope from UK.