PDA

View Full Version : Crosman Premier Domed Bulk Pack Pellets .22/.177

PakistanFirst
01-01-2012, 09:31 AM
Crosman Premier bulk-pack pellets come in cardboard boxes. The .22 caliber is 14.3-grains and .177 is 10.5 grains. The .22 box has 625 pellets and the .177 has 1,250 pellets. According to the manufacturer, all pellets in a given box come from a single die from the factory. The die number markings appear on each cardboard box.

Are bulk-pack Crosman Premier pellets available locally? Has anyone tried these pellets?

Birdshooter007
01-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Are bulk-pack Crosman Premier pellets available locally? Has anyone tried these pellets?
Leave aside bulk, we don't even get 10 pellet packs here lol... The only imported pellets we have here are Gamo Pro Mags and their quality has really gone down the drain, they make like 10 inch groups at 10 yards.
Never tried these pellets but ordered these, will soon get to use them and thus I will be able to comment on their accuracy.
However I ordered these after reading a lot of reviews, and finally I made the conclusion that Crosman Premiers and JSB pellets are the best pellets for airguns.
But What on earth is this???
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_Premier_22_Cal_14_3_Grains_Domed_625ct/116 -----> 625 pellets for $24.99
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_Premier_22_Cal_14_3_Grains_Domed_500ct/769 -----> Same type, 500 pellets for $8.99
The ones you are talking about (625 pellets and cardboard box) are too overpriced, whats the reason. You can get the same 500 pellets in a tin for like 1/3 the rate.

Conclusion: They are very accurate, and make .5 inch groups @60 yards+ with a Benjamin Discovery (I read this in a review). And the value for money is great.. They are cheap, and have enough energy for taking down small-sized game.

American Lockpicker
01-01-2012, 11:03 AM
I used a few tins of them in 99 or 00 and they were ok. Beeman used to be nice when it was German made and you might try RWS.

PakistanFirst
02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Chauhadry,

The Crosman Premier pellets that are in card boxes are manufactured from one die The one in tins are not guaranteed to be from one die. This is reason for the price difference.

My RWS is a .177 caliber. If I buy three tins/boxes from Pyramydair, they give me the fourth tin/box free. This way I can get 5,000 pellets in either 7.9-grain or 10.5-grains (4 boxes of 1,250 each) for under $75. If I go for the ones in tins, I can get 2,000 pellets for under $27.

Is you order arriving next month? How many pellets did you order?

Birdshooter007
02-01-2012, 10:07 PM
My consignment is arriving here (Pk) in Feb, and to my relative this month or the next don't really know.
And I got the same offer, 4th tin free. I ordered the tins, read the reviews (they were pleasing for me so I don't want to pay like 3xthe cost just to avoid 2-3 defected pellets). Plus there's a sale going on at pyramidair.
I ordered 1000 hollow-points, and 1000 domed ones, and my brother also ordered 2000 pellets in .22, though not all Crosmans... they'll last long enough till I get more.

PakistanFirst
10-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Few weeks ago I came back from you part of the world. I happen to recall that you had ordered some pellets from the States. Did you get your order? If so, did you try them out?

Birdshooter007
10-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Bad luck, my aunt coming from USA didn't bring any of the pellets and even forgot the 1pc RWS mount. She just brought the scope and I got the mount from LHE...so no Premiers but I'm using Diana Magnums right now.
I used Crosman Premier Hollowpoints in my cousin's Marauder Pistol but we didn't do any target shooting, just shot a couple of doves and tried our luck at bigger game.