PDA

View Full Version : Diana is better or weihrauch

khan Hamdan
30-12-2011, 12:33 PM
plzzz guide Which IS better Diana or weihrauch compare them with model also....:wink:

Birdshooter007
30-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Weihrauch PCPs are much better than Diana RWS ones.
Weihrauch springers are much more accurate than RWS ones, slightly lesser powered, and have much lesser recoil and thus are compatible with many scopes. Secondly Weihrauch uses quality materials whereas RWS airguns are not properly oiled form inside, cheap materials are used and trigger guard, etc are made of plastics to save costs. Thus their quality cannot be compared to that of Weihrauch. So I think WEIHRAUCH is overall much better.
About the second part of your question "compare them with model also", what models do you want compared? Which ever they are, just google them, you'll get a much detailed comparison.

khan Hamdan
30-12-2011, 04:05 PM
can i buy Weihrauch HW 90 that is good choice to hunt rabbits and dove teetat and wood pigeons....

Birdshooter007
30-12-2011, 04:41 PM
HW 90 delivers- .22 Crosman Premier, 14.3 grains:
574 fps, 10.46 ft-lbs

- .22 Skenco (green), 11 grains:
715 fps, 12.49 ft-lbs
The HW80 is more or less the same with regard to velocity/fpe. Maybe delivers 20-30fps lesser with same pellets as above, but that is not at all a difference to be considered.
It has enough power to harvest any of the following critters you have mentioned, but wood pigeons are not so often found in Pakistan, and you don't often get a chance to shoot a partridge with an air rifle here. My cousin has this very gun in his collection too, and he has shot a partridge at 40 yards with it, and crows well over 70 yards (Used a Range Finder). It is well powered to shoot jackals too, many have been shot with that very gun.
If paying $50-$75 more (for the HW80) is no issue, I'd recommend you get a HW80 instead of a HW90, because the 80 has Fiber optic sights which the 90 doesn't, the 80 requires a cocking effort of 34lbs, the 90 on the other hand requires about 46lbs. Plus out of 5 levels of sound produced, 80 is @3, and 90 is @ 4/5, making the 80 a clear winner IMO.
(Specs taken from Pyramidair)
But Id like to add that, I have used the 80, and it is indeed heavy as a boulder with a scope and mount on it, so will be a 90.
The rest is up to you.

SalmanHusain
30-12-2011, 04:43 PM
weihurch is rarely available in pakistan :( i currently have HW30 .177 about +20 years old. need its rear sight and barrel seal.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
31-12-2011, 04:13 AM
SALAM BROTHERS.
I have three HW 100S,HW98 and HW80 they are all in.22 and I really like the build and ruggedness.
SH TARIQ UK.

Birdshooter007
31-12-2011, 11:14 AM
SALAM BROTHERS.
I have three HW 100S,HW98 and HW80 they are all in.22 and I really like the build and ruggedness.
SH TARIQ UK.
Weihrauchs or the HW80 is aka "the workhorse", they are very rugged and powerful, and very accurate. But I feel they are too heavy once you have a scope and mount on them, like a 4-16X50AO, you have to have support.

SHOTGUNNER
31-12-2011, 06:06 PM
khan hamdan bro weihrauch is better then diana as chauhadry bro gave you brief detail above and mention it is bit haver then diana.i think hw80 and hw95 are similar and best models.and if you taking about power you can change there powers up to 22lbs.

Birdshooter007
31-12-2011, 07:07 PM
khan hamdan bro weihrauch is better then diana as chauhadry bro gave you brief detail above and mention it is bit haver then diana.i think hw80 and hw95 are similar and best models.and if you taking about power you can change there powers up to 22lbs.
HW 80, 90 and 95 are about the same, variations are for those who like a little change and could compromise if they got some other thing a bit less.
As I have said earlier, IMO the 80 is the best springer made by Weihrauch, no less than a workhorse that would serve you for decades.
So 80 is at the top, and I have already done a comparison of the 80 and 90.
Lets see the differences b/w the 80,90 and 95.
.95 is much underpowered as compared to 90/80.
.Only the 80 has fiber optics.
. Cocking effort for 80,90,95 respectively is 34,40,46 lbs.. this will send you sweating after a couple of shots. IMO even the 80 has a not-so-easy cocking effort before breaking-in.
. 80 and 90 are less loud than the 95.
So 80 is a good option.

The cons of Weihrauch springers are:
. Heavy
. Slightly lesser powered than RWS ones (but very very accurate and very manageable recoil unlike RWS, so thumbs up to Weihrauch)
. I hate the auto safety on it. RWS airguns safety can be turned off if you're doing target practice and taking successive shots, and the safety on RWS can be reapplied if you have already turned it off and the bird/animal flys off or whatever the circumstances be. Both of these are not possible on Weihrauch airguns.
Plus I find the safety on RWS's more comfortably located.
.Weihrauchs are more costly.

However, given I have the funds and Weihrauchs are available where I am, I would opt for them, anyday.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
31-12-2011, 10:05 PM
SALAM BROTHERS.
The HW 90 is totally different airgun it has no spring but a gas ram which ie made theoben in UK. All other HW airguns are springers. My HW80 does not need 40lb cocking effort.
SH TARIQ UK.

khan Hamdan
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
i am buying HW 90 because of no spring but a gas ram

Birdshooter007
01-01-2012, 03:38 PM
i am buying HW 90 because of no spring but a gas ram
From where and how much?

s.cheema
01-01-2012, 04:07 PM
well you can change the spring in any airgun and replace it with the nitro piston which is available on pyramidair.com. the benefit is that you can cock it for longer period of times without having any effect on the pistom

khan Hamdan
02-01-2012, 10:12 AM
pyramidair.com is based on U.S.A they do not deliver in Pakistan soo forget pyramidair.com

SalmanHusain
02-01-2012, 07:53 PM
pyramidair.com is based on U.S.A they do not deliver in Pakistan soo forget pyramidair.com
+1 any one importing by mail/shipping is foolish due to our customs ppl and postal services means either the customs wuld nt clear or put heavy duty on or the PAK.POST wuld loose the parcel :P the only way is to import in PERSONAL baggage either by air or ship

Birdshooter007
02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
well you can change the spring in any airgun and replace it with the nitro piston which is available on pyramidair.com. the benefit is that you can cock it for longer period of times without having any effect on the pistom

I think he's trying to say that a NITRO PISTON can be fitted in any springer, which is available in many countries, including USA Canada and U.K. pyramidair is just a suggestion.
Nitro Pistons are an old thing now.

Ameer
04-01-2012, 10:49 AM
@ Chauhadry n others,

What are advantages n Disadvantages of Compact Air-Guns in Diana, i saw the standard and compact model but couldn't appreciate the benefits except for the 4K lower price of compact. Lastly what are professional models good for?

Birdshooter007
04-01-2012, 11:27 AM
@ Chauhadry n others,

What are advantages n Disadvantages of Compact Air-Guns in Diana, i saw the standard and compact model but couldn't appreciate the benefits except for the 4K lower price of compact. Lastly what are professional models good for?
Don't really know, the professional ones maybe have a noise dampener just like the Gamo Whisper, no change as such. Compact ones should be delivering lesser power/fps due to shorter barrel...
Anyone with more info/correction, please add.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
06-01-2012, 01:05 AM
SALAM KHAN SAAB.
If you want my advise go for the HW80 this airgun is built to last many many years. Also do not forget to get the airgun speed checked they normaly give you a computer print. When I will come to PAKISTAN I will bring my corono.
SH TARIQ UK.

Umair Bhaur
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
SALAM KHAN SAAB.
If you want my advise go for the HW80 this airgun is built to last many many years. Also do not forget to get the airgun speed checked they normaly give you a computer print. When I will come to PAKISTAN I will bring my corono.
SH TARIQ UK.

As far as my knowledge is HW are better made guns than Diana. They are a bit costly. But perhaps they are not as powerful as Diana. Also in Pakistan the resale value matters. And here only Diana carries good resale.

Airguner
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
but Dear i have use Diana as you know Umair bahur and have one 350 and 31 so i have decided to buy Weihrauch HW80

Birdshooter007
06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
but Dear i have use Diana as you know Umair bahur and have one 350 and 31 so i have decided to buy Weihrauch HW80
Welcome back Khan Sb.

Airguner
06-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks chudary saab

Mehdi
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
@Sheikh Tariq UK

Brother how much a good Chrono costs there ?

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM
SALAM BAHI. THE combro 4 is about 40.00. HW airguns are very solid built quality they will last a lot longer then diana.trust me i have three HW airguns.SH TARIQ UK.

Mehdi
07-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Thanks Tariq Brother.Well said about the HW I dont own one but have heard their weight is more than a compatible Diana.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
08-01-2012, 02:09 AM
SALAM KHAN SAAB.
Hello BAHI have you done any deal on HW80. SH TARIQ UK.

imdad ali
31-03-2012, 08:43 AM
east or west DIANA
is the best........

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
31-03-2012, 10:48 PM
east or west DIANA
is the best........
SALAM.
I thing east or west is old stock.
SH TARIQ UK.

Syed Peer
03-05-2012, 06:24 AM
I have three air guns. A Diana dating way back to 1965. Enjoyed it like anything. It is still the best. Light, powerful and accurate. Then I have a Weihrauch HD 80. Heavy like a canon. With scope - still too much but the younger boys have no problem with them. This is about 10 years old. Then I have a Gamo 1000 which is very good but too loud.

I recently changed the barrel and spring on the Weihrauch HD80. Now I am going to change the rear microsite. I did not change the washer though. Should I and should I use grease with it.

I must say I am most happy with a Diana so far. Could be coz I am so used to it.

Now I want to go for a Diana 350 Magnum or a Diana 52. Or go for a Pneumatic one.
Can someone tell me your experiences on each of these air rifles if you have used them?

Can Mr. Tarik tell me where and how the speed can be checked in Islamabad or Karachi? I shall be grateful. Thanks.

SALAM KHAN SAAB.
SH TARIQ UK.

Syed Peer
03-05-2012, 06:31 AM
I would tend to agree... but what is this plastic thing about which I read here? How much does it matter?

east or west DIANA
is the best........

Syed Peer
03-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Can someone tell me where can I buy a .22 Remington with pump action.

Birdshooter007
03-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I have three air guns. A Diana dating way back to 1965. Enjoyed it like anything. It is still the best. Light, powerful and accurate. Then I have a Weihrauch HD 80. Heavy like a canon. With scope - still too much but the younger boys have no problem with them. This is about 10 years old. Then I have a Gamo 1000 which is very good but too loud.

I recently changed the barrel and spring on the Weihrauch HD80. Now I am going to change the rear microsite. I did not change the washer though. Should I and should I use grease with it.

I must say I am most happy with a Diana so far. Could be coz I am so used to it.

Now I want to go for a Diana 350 Magnum or a Diana 52. Or go for a Pneumatic one.
Can someone tell me your experiences on each of these air rifles if you have used them?

Can Mr. Tarik tell me where and how the speed can be checked in Islamabad or Karachi? I shall be grateful. Thanks.
HD80??? Do you mean HW80?

Go for 54 Airking as it's recoil less and accurate

Speed can be checked using a chronograph, it's a device that displays velocity when a shot it fired near it.

imdad ali
10-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I would tend to agree... but what is this plastic thing about which I read here? How much does it matter?
some hunters like light weight airgun and some hunters like heavy weight in wood stock,does not matter, only weight differenc, diana does not compromise with their guns. thanks

Birdshooter007
10-05-2012, 10:13 PM
some hunters like light weight airgun and some hunters like heavy weight in wood stock,does not matter, only weight differenc, diana does not compromise with their guns. thanks
Ohhh... I'm sorry but they do...Diana's quality is seriously sub-standardizing now. But yeah it's the best brand available in our country.