PDA

View Full Version : Advice on local copies of NP22, 92FS and SW.

Rameez Saqib
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
ANY Experience abt pak made copies NORINCO np22 BREETA 92fs and smith n wesson

Doktar
02-05-2009, 08:08 PM
I have seen many copies of Beretta 92FS. They are made by different factories in Peshawar and Darra. You can not compare them with the originals but IMHO some of them are quite good in this price and have seen many satisfied owners (including myself). I have never seen a local copy of NP-22. I have seen some good quality copies of S&W 910 model. S&W Sigma is also coming up in a few days or weeks, InshaAllah.

Balazona
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I have never seen a Darra made clone of Norinco NP-22 pistol pistol.btw,why u wanna buy a clone of a clone. ;)

HassaanAfzal
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
The local made clones looks fine but u cant be sure of there performance.

Ka_Khan
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Beretta 92 FS as Doktar told is made in Peshawar.Cost is around 20000.

Mohammad
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
they are good but cant be trusted until and unless you know the gunsmith and you make it by your specific order......

Osam
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
In khi you can find beretta copy for 25k everywhere. Its been made by khyber arms and is a hot sell.

Mastermind
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
well i got 92FS local copy its look nice but fire pin broken after 45 shots. then i replace it with steel one now its working fine.

Balazona
02-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Mastermind,would u like to post pics of ur pistol.

Doktar
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
@Mastermind, Sir this is a common problem with local copies. From where did you get the Steel Firing Pin. Is it original. What's the price. I am also looking for one, as mine has also broken once (although replaced by manufacturer free-of-cost).

Mastermind
02-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Sir its not the original. some gunsmith made that for me. i just give him the strongest steel i can get. and he made from it. its only cost me 1k.

Sharp Shooter
03-05-2009, 02:15 PM
there are many local copies in the market. i myself witnessed a beretta 92fs and a glock 19 copied locally with a dealer in pindi. the beretta was a bit better but the glock was pathetic. especially the polymer magazine of glock was very cheap tp look at. but as far as i am rate them..... they are not trust worthy 2 me atleast.

farhan725
07-05-2009, 12:40 AM
I saw a clone of beretta 92FS at Imran Arms dealer in the basement of Mall View plaza in Nila Gumbad Lahore. It was made by Khyber Arms Company and it was further updated with an imported firing pin and high grade barrel made by car parts making company named EXXCEL. It was priced 23,000 PKRs and the owner was giving the guarantee for one whole year that if, anything goes wrong with the gun than he will replace it with a new one.

My suggestion would be to buy a foreign made gun and have peace of mind.

Bhaiyon baar baar rouney se acha hai ek hi baar rou lou aur achi cheez khareedo.

Taurus
07-05-2009, 12:46 AM
khyber arms is making good copies of 92fs i heard in peshawar u can make modifications also of beretta 92 putting some original stuff in it like firing pin magazines any1 from peshawar can confirm me this and ka_khan comments please

m1carbine
07-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Kyhyberarms is really getting populartiy these days,even on isb gtg,people were very much keen about theirs products and quality.

SAJJAD ALI
07-05-2009, 04:37 PM
these are my pak made 92 fs purchased it from sukkur about 22 thousand rupees each.
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/SAJJADALI/Image000.jpghttp://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv181/SAJJADALI/DSC00053.jpg

SAJJAD ALI
07-05-2009, 04:42 PM
i purchased both because having a very good performance and in small cities in which i am living people think that these are original.;)

Xerga
08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
a month ago. a friend of mine gifted me a 9mm pistol. text on the pistol was... ( SMITH & WESSON 9mm pistol. MADE USA) at first. i thought it might really be a american pistol... but at 2nd look i figured its desi copy of s&w pistol... it was light, nicely build.

haha and then i tried to test its firing power... at every 2nd shot it jammed. so, pistol was nothing but crap... at markete its price is 20000+......... also i hve seen berreta's clones... koi khas guns nahi ye... i say. its waste of money.... yea they can be used for show case :)

i recommend. u increase ur budget a little. and go for norinco made pistols....
regard.s

Rameez Saqib
10-05-2009, 01:18 AM
THANKZ 4 ur comments

Anjum
09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Dear PakGuns members, I was looking for a Air Rifle for my brother in market of Muzaffarabad, there are only two gun dealers in Muzaffarabad and both have no imported guns. Air riffles are copies of Diana 35, 40 and Panther 31. Prices were low so as the quality. Trigger pull of one gun was like pulling elephant out of well. During the visit I told one of the dealers to show if he had any imported guns. He said he had no imported gun but have local Beretta 92 9mm. I asked him to show. He went back in his store and brought a plastic box. The box had a nice look unlike other Pakistani pistols in paper board box. First look, feel and weight was awesome, it was like original one. Even all the written material was engraved and had a nice original look. Slide was more towards imported side and soft unlike Pakistani Pistols. I pulled the cocked trigger and it was creamy soft. I asked the retailed price and it was 25000 in Muzaffarabad which looks too much for Made in Pakistan Pistol, thought made in Italy was written on it. I went back to my Office then, after my Office I went home picked my Camera tripod and went back to dealer to take some picture to share on PakGuns, the dealer was not willing to allow me to take pictures, however, I manage to take some in quick succession. Some of the pictures are as follow:

HEllAngel
09-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Basically just to be honest it depends on how nicely it is manufactured. In beretta92FS there are many copies A class B class and third class.

The copies which is easily available they are 20000 to 25 K. And A grade copies they are up to 50K with exact body balance. trigger smooth and very less recoil. Barrel hard chrome. What else you need???...

As per target shooting A class compete with original ones lolzzzz telling you of my personal experience.

Ahnab
10-02-2012, 12:42 AM
If a clone comes for 50K, then might as well add around 15K more and get an original Taurus PT99/99.

HEllAngel
10-02-2012, 01:54 AM
If a clone comes for 50K, then might as well add around 15K more and get an original Taurus PT99/99.

Talking about Beretta 92fs original is more than 290K and if you are getting it in 50K with no difference in any aspect then isnt it better :P

MK47
10-02-2012, 03:46 AM
Untill a year and a half ago I didn't mind going for local Clones or copies and often did do so but not any more. They would often look quiet nice with super glossy shiny looks plus on top every time I bought a clone it was mostly due to dealers claims that they were super reliable and extremely good, made from the top solid material by experienced gunsmiths but often it was a different story when I would come home and put them to test. The frustration often started pretty much from the test fire session. Then further frustration of going back to the dealer which in many cases were in different towns, then arguing your case there while the dealer is sat fogging you off still trying to convince you mentally that there is nothing wrong with the gun and so on then it was a mission convincing the dealer just to change or swap the gun nevermind giving you a refund back that's often impossible, the word "refund" does not exist in their dictionary. Unfortunately I've been through all these frustrating experiences many times.But put all that to a side and let's talk about the most important issue out of all things which is often why most of us purchase a gun in the first place and that is offcourse the Safety or Defence. That's where the importance of reliability also comes as the top priority. Its not worth gambling the safety when to it comes to any kind of defence wether its personal/self defence OR home defence. If one wants to purchase clones by all means do so but at the same time I think your primary defence weapons should be the reliable ones. Wether its POF, foreign or whatever but as long as you know that it is something that will not let you down in a scenario when you might be relying on it the most. Best to be safe then sorry. The Rest is upto Allah.

Ahnab
10-02-2012, 10:58 PM
@HEllAngel
Bro, the Taurus is INFINITELY better than a desi clone! The quality difference between a Baretta and a Taurus is actually quite minimal. So if given a choice, go for the Taurus if you can't afford a Baretta.

Anjum
10-02-2012, 11:21 PM
@HEllAngel
Bro, the Taurus is INFINITELY better than a desi clone! The quality difference between a Baretta and a Taurus is actually quite minimal. So if given a choice, go for the Taurus if you can't afford a Baretta.
Agreed Anaab bro

Enigmatic Desires
12-02-2012, 12:05 AM
I had a bad expereince with a local clone shotgun in semi auto. The firing pin broke.

semperfi
13-04-2012, 03:33 AM
A friend of mine bought a 92fs clone thinking he had gotten the real beretta slightly used for a good price, looked just like the stainless steel version of the 92fs, he showed it to me a few days later and at first glance it looked like the real thing, the finish seemed pretty good, however when I checked the magazine it didn't feel like a genuine US made mag, very rough finish, didn't fit too well either, we thought maybe its been more than slightly used perhaps, took it to the range and test fired it afterwards, after only 20 rds it started to jam evry 6 or 7 rds, FTF, FTE as well. I decided we should disassemble and check it, after disassembly we could not put it back together easily, considerable fiddling was required which should not happen with an original 92fs as its very easy to field strip and re-assemble. Afterwards, the ambidextrous safety catch also stopped functioning and one side of it got chipped off for no apparent reason. All this after firing hardly 20-23 rounds! and the ammo wasn't an issue since we were using S&Bs. Thats how we found out that its a local copy. Hence I wouldn't advise buying a clone. The norinco pistols are better.

Enigmatic Desires
13-04-2012, 03:33 PM
@ Always loyal
(sigh) if our skilled local artisans make the innards of their products as well as their external appearences.... Even if I am taken for a ride ( I very nearly was. the taurus 909 at Mega arms Lucky karachi would have fooled the manufecturers of the 909 series!) I'd rather it was a gun that had at least a semblence of the realibility of its original counterpart

black arrow
13-04-2012, 04:40 PM
The last two posts have a very strange thing in common:

3:33 am and 3:33 pm.

Khan381
13-04-2012, 07:39 PM
My advice... never go for a copy....................... simple just say NOOOOOOOO.. still i own a copy of cz 100, i fored around 100 rounds no FTFeed, FTE albata missfire if U.S rounds used.. still i wont recomend......

sadatpk
13-04-2012, 08:54 PM
i request members to purchase a neworoginal Norinco cal30 in the range of 20k which is far better than local copies

farrukhnaik2000
14-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Brother i have a bad experience with clone of 92F...Go for original one......:)

Enigmatic Desires
18-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Ever body seems to be having bad expereinces with clones :(

mujtabakhan
18-04-2012, 02:53 PM
The last two posts have a very strange thing in common:

3:33 am and 3:33 pm.

Good Observation Black Arrow brother :)

hskiani
18-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Good Observation Black Arrow brother :)
Time setting issue i guesshttp://www.pakguns.com/images/smilies/smile.png

black arrow
18-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Time setting issue i guess:)
Did you did that on purpose? (your post is at 3:33 pm - lolz!); or am I 'seeing' things!?!

gunenthusiast
18-04-2012, 04:20 PM
as rightfully pointed out by various members, one should avoid clones as they could endanger ones and closer-byes lives.