PDA

View Full Version : Airsoft G36c Short Review.

Salman_Ahmed
24-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Aoa,
i have always been fascinated by air-soft for one reason or the other. Most mid-high end Air-soft weapons are carefully crafted replicas of the original gun. Like paintball they have a significant potential for fun game play which a little more added realism. So when i heard of air-soft guns being imported , it got be excited, and i ended up buying a G36c Asia electric AEG ( automatic electric gun ).

First Impression :
Having never held a proper G36c i cant comment on how realistic the feel may or may not be , but the textured abs plastic body is very impressive, compared to the polymer frames of some handguns my family owns. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the very 'plastic' grip.It came with the manual which is pretty much just like Tokyo Marui's. It even talks about the TM tracer unit. Also included is an 8.4v battery, more on that later a trickle type wall charger, cleaning rod, magazine, and the gun.
Starting with the back of the gun , A decent strength butt-stock, Foldable with a removable rubber butt plate.
The following are all metal on the G36C: Front sling post, hand guard rail, flash hider, hop-up cover, trigger, selector switch, front and rear sights, all the body and stock pins, and the gearbox. The gun is flat black but when held up to the light it has an amber-ish glow. Metal rear sight, adjustable, and two sights for cqb/field targets. Ambidextrous selector switch. After reaching home i popped bb's into the mag, and stepped outside,then quickly took aim at my favorite target and let off a quick burst. The rounds took flight and went straight into orbit. After adjusting the hop-up, which is stiff at first, I was consistently hitting a 3 foot tall tree stump at 150 feet. Not bad for a gun that is only 28 and a quarter inches long.

Manual:
The manual actually surprised me. It didn't have many spelling mistakes and was easy to read, almost no engrish. It had a lot of diagrams for the breakdown of the gun, cleaning the barrel, even trouble shooting. A good manual is a plus in my book.

Performance:
This thing shoots quite far, I am consistently hitting a tree trunk from 150 feet. I did a poor mans chrono test with a Diet Coke (with Lime) and it went straight through both sides. I also shot the bottom and it pierced it (didn't go in). But that is quite impressive.

Internals:
I haven't cracked open the gearbox mainly because I just got it and I wont jack with it till it breaks or I want to upgrade it. The hop-up is very responsive and is adjusted via the G36 dial.
Judging by the sound of the gun, there isn't any gear grind or weird sounds so I think this thing will last, time will tell. I haven't had any semi auto lock ups, where you have to switch into auto to be able to fire.The battery that comes with the gun is very nice and fits solidly into the hand guard.

Durability:
Cant say yet, but trust me this gun is going to have the crap beat out of it and we'll see how long it lasts. Judging by how smooth the GB is running I think it will last, but only time will tell. I have shot about 1500 rounds through this gun, with not 1 miss-feed, jam, or lock up. Its done its job so far, not only internally, but externally as well.

Conclusion:
In the limited time I've owned this gun , it's managed to bring a smile to my face each time . Watching a cardboard box getting shred to pieces on full auto is just plainly put ....Satisfying :P
Air-soft guns aren't meant to be compared to Airguns, their primary application is for fun and sport
I would like to thank Imran bhai for being a super host/salesperson/tech-help all rolled in one .
This is airsoft ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3GOHENZd8&feature=player_embedded
P.S : Becuz im lazy , i took some images and references from the web.

taha
24-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice snaps!

I have something similar (springer) in plastic body and orange front. On the case it's written M-41 (IIRC). I have used it to kill a few lizards. smile.

AirSoft
24-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Dear Salman, thank you for the detailed review and mentioning the nice words about me :).

I am really happy to know that I have another name added in the list of my satisfied customers.

"In the limited time I've owned this gun , it's managed to bring a smile to my face each time . Watching a cardboard box getting shred to pieces on full auto is just plainly put ....Satisfying :P"

American Lockpicker
24-10-2011, 11:13 PM
That looks awesome. :) Its just like the model British armed police use.

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/al2011c250/pg36.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/al2011c250/g36k.jpg

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j415/al2011c250/40952509.jpg

AirSoft
24-10-2011, 11:45 PM
These are some pics of the actual Airsoft G36C

Trajan
25-10-2011, 12:03 AM
@ Salman_ahmed: Bro excellent review. Thank you for that
@ Airsoft: Can these be used to hunt down crows etc? thanks

AirSoft
25-10-2011, 12:14 AM
@ Trajan we have been disscussing this in the other Airsoft Guns thread, please find the answer to your question here:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?7293-Airsoft-now-in-Pakistan-!

HussainAli
25-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Wounderful Airsoft.........G36c............

Very nice Salman Bro...

Regards

s.cheema
25-10-2011, 05:06 PM
nice review

siqbal41
27-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Nice review Salman Bro.

@ AIRSOFT Bro, is this gun have bloback ?

AirSoft
27-10-2011, 07:33 PM
@ Siqbal41 no the AEGs do not have blowback.

siqbal41
27-10-2011, 08:28 PM
@ Siqbal41 no the AEGs do not have blowback.

Thanks Airsoft bro.