PDA

View Full Version : Pellet range of diana 34 classic 1??

AHMAD CHISHTI
22-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Dear what is the shooting range of diana 34 classic 1? I mean how many meters the pallet can go n hit the target?

s.cheema
22-10-2011, 08:46 PM
It depends upon your aim... You can hit targets at up to 80 yards or a little bit more, with lesser accuracy. Effective range to kill pigeon/dove sized birds may be a little more than 40-50 yards. Why don't you set paper targets at different points and test your gun's capabilities and measure the distance, that would be the most accurate answer.

fluffmaster
23-10-2011, 02:34 AM
35 yards to kill a dove, 50 yds to hit a target

kstabish
27-10-2011, 08:17 PM
but if ur good in cotrol u can down a dove from 100 yards......really not kidding,,,

hunter468
27-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Dear what is the shooting range of diana 34 classic 1? I mean how many meters the pallet can go n hit the target?
zero your gun with open sights at 15 to 20 yards and u can dead drop a bird upto 30~35 yards if u r shooting a 22 cal,better not to move ahead of 40 yds if u dont know the proper pellet drop! it will only result in injured birds loss!
but if u r shooting a 177cal u can easily go upto 50yds without any trouble but in case of 177cal u must have to b very careful of shot placement above 35 yds

Trajan
28-10-2011, 11:13 PM
but if ur good in cotrol u can down a dove from 100 yards......really not kidding,,,

Whoa! 100 yards? is this real?

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Whoa! 100 yards? is this real?
No, rws34 cannot, as far as I know. Only a few really good PCP's can.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 12:30 PM
No, rws34 cannot, as far as I know. Only a few really good PCP's can.
having said that i have shot crows many time with my rws 177cal (scoped) at max exact 69 yards~63meters (measured) but even then i will second chaudhary`s view as u need a lot of time and at least whole can of pellets to determine proper drop of pellet at the said range.
also keep in mind that danger zone for rws 34 according to factory specs is 575yds but it is not practical/wise to go beyond 40~50yds as it will result in injured birds loss (if u r lucky to hit them) ;)
so with mine in 177cal i dont go beyond 50 yards and with 22cal i prefer upto 35yds and i shoot with open sights.

haji
29-10-2011, 01:06 PM
+1 @ chaudhary and hunter468
hunter468 has rightly said that it is dangerous to 500+yds!
one can get a dove/pigeon sized target at 100mtrs with a rws 34 but i will rate such a thing as exception to the ordinary shooting range as it is very difficult to scope and accurately hit targets by springers like diana/rws at such long range!

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 06:57 PM
My cousin shoots crows at up to 70 yards stone cold dead with his scoped Weihrauch HW80.... But believe me he can't kill birds any further with that thing, Plus the only reason he is able to shoot them at these ranges is shot placement as Weihrauchs are very very accurate.

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 06:59 PM
also keep in mind that danger zone for rws 34 according to factory specs is 575yds but it is not practical/wise to go beyond 40~50yds as it will result in injured birds loss (if u r lucky to hit them) ;)
so with mine in 177cal i dont go beyond 50 yards and with 22cal i prefer upto 35yds and i shoot with open sights.
Bro from what I have heard and read, .22 cal is more preferred for hunting as it delivers greater ft/lbs of energy than .177 cal and also that .22 airguns are for longer ranged hunting/shooting.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 08:34 PM
yes u r very right about that ft/lbs and i agree with with u,but the point is that i dont know why 177cal airgun with 900~1000fps is rated low!even it has a low ft/lb energy as compared to the same in 22cal but believe me the energy it produces is sufficient enough to down crow/doves/pgns sized birds.even u take a confident shot on a hare but with a heavy pellet.

and this is the thing i have done in my previous years of air gun shooting,its been 4 odd years that i have bought a 22cal rws.before this since 7 i have been hunting with a 177cal and i prefer it more on 22cal due to its long range kills. and one more thing is that i mostly use 7 gr rws hobby pellets (or gamo match when rws not available ) for all types of bird shooting,and for hares i use RWS Supermagnums or gamo promagnums.
i know many of my friends using 177 and 22 cal and they prefer 177 for a flat trajectory.
the PG member affan khan shot 2 partridges couple of weeks back and he met me on the same day in the field,the gun he was shooting was a 177 cal rws 35.(he posted the pics too and got a warning too;))
i am not saying that 22cal is not good.i prefer it for small range 30 to 35 yds with a 800fps rated airgun.

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 08:39 PM
yes u r very right about that ft/lbs and i agree with with u,but the point is that i dont know why 177cal airgun with 900~1000fps is rated low!even it has a low ft/lb energy as compared to the same in 22cal but believe me the energy it produces is sufficient enough to down crow/doves/pgns sized birds.even u take a confident shot on a hare but with a heavy pellet.

and this is the thing i have done in my previous years of air gun shooting,its been 4 odd years that i have bought a 22cal rws.before this since 7 i have been hunting with a 177cal and i prefer it more on 22cal due to its long range kills. and one more thing is that i mostly use 7 gr rws hobby pellets (or gamo match when rws not available ) for all types of bird shooting,and for hares i use RWS Supermagnums or gamo promagnums.
i know many of my friends using 177 and 22 cal and they prefer 177 for a flat trajectory.
the PG member affan khan shot 2 partridges couple of weeks back and he met me on the same day in the field,the gun he was shooting was a 177 cal rws 35.(he posted the pics too and got a warning too;))
i am not saying that 22cal is not good.i prefer it for small range 30 to 35 yds with a 800fps rated airgun.
I get your point that high velocity .177cals do have sufficient knock down power for a clean kill. The only advantage of .177 over .22 is a relatively flatter trajectory. Well, finally everything comes down to personnel choice.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 08:42 PM
My cousin shoots crows at up to 70 yards stone cold dead with his scoped Weihrauch HW80.... But believe me he can't kill birds any further with that thing, Plus the only reason he is able to shoot them at these ranges is shot placement as Weihrauchs are very very accurate.
very true,and a rws 34 can also do the same and i have done it couple of times with 22 cal and many times with 177 cal with the scoped guns,but the main problem in rws rifles is that they just eAt your scope and i hate it!!! its one of the toughest job to compensate that massive recoil that these springers produce,i have broke my BSA scope already on my rws. and i prefer open sights as scope needs a lot of care during traveling and is more sensitive as compared to iron sights.

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 09:03 PM
And he killed a partridge with his HW80 too, 1 year back, just like your cousin. The range was like 40 yards and a bit windy so he had to place his shot a little higher than the partridge. Now I want to shoot a partridge with my air cannon too, after successfully killing a small boar.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 09:18 PM
And he killed a partridge with his HW80 too, 1 year back, just like your cousin. The range was like 40 yards and a bit windy so he had to place his shot a little higher than the partridge. Now I want to shoot a partridge with my air cannon too,
after successfully killing a small boar.
ohh congrats for the boar!!!
what is the cal of your cousin`s hw80,a 22?
AND BEST OF LUCK FOR THE PARTRIDGE SHOOT WITH AIR CANNON!
i m planning an air rifle duck hunt over decoys as soon as i get a good report of ducks,as u know doves/pgns being banned its been centuries that i have shot my air rifles and i m missing this air rifle shooting charm these days!!!!

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 09:33 PM
ohh congrats for the boar!!!
what is the cal of your cousin`s hw80,a 22?
AND BEST OF LUCK FOR THE PARTRIDGE SHOOT WITH AIR CANNON!
i m planning an air rifle duck hunt over decoys as soon as i get a good report of ducks,as u know doves/pgns being banned its been centuries that i have shot my air rifles and i m missing this air rifle shooting charm these days!!!!
Here is the boar thread: http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?7381-First-Wild-Boar-for-me!!&highlight= Couldn't take pics at mid-night had to go home and sleep and didn't have camera.... Spotting sitting partridges is really difficult and hunt with airguns only depends on luck, maybe I will shoot my first with a airgun or a shotgun :)
And yeah, it's in .22 cal... Good luck on shooting a duck with your airgun.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Spotting sitting partridges is really difficult and hunt with airguns only depends on luck, maybe I will shoot my first with a airgun or a shotgun :)
And yeah, it's in .22 cal... Good luck on shooting a duck with your airgun.
not that difficult the real problem is to find one these days lols
but if u r going in a partridge rich area then go for early morning shoot,reach the field before sun rise and wait for the partridges to call loudly at sun rise,i bet u will get to them easily by hearing them!
dont prefer evening shoot as partridges call less at evening feeding time,at evening they consistently call at the sun set when they r in thick cover.
many years back i have also shot them many times with airgun and enjoyed that those days i dont had the license of shotgun
but believe me and u will experience that shooting a flushed one with shotgun is a real thrill,its like a suspense scene of a movie lols
i have also shot ducks but not on a fullday program,this time i m looking for a full day air gun duck (decoy) hunt

Birdshooter007
29-10-2011, 09:52 PM
not that difficult the real problem is to find one these days lols
but if u r going in a partridge rich area then go for early morning shoot,reach the field before sun rise and wait for the partridges to call loudly at sun rise,i bet u will get to them easily by hearing them!
dont prefer evening shoot as partridges call less at evening feeding time,at evening they consistently call at the sun set when they r in thick cover.
many years back i have also shot them many times with airgun and enjoyed that those days i dont had the license of shotgun
but believe me and u will experience that shooting a flushed one with shotgun is a real thrill,its like a suspense scene of a movie lols
i have also shot ducks but not on a fullday program,this time i m looking for a full day air gun duck (decoy) hunt
LOLS, I will shoot partridges with a shotgun as they are hard to find nowadays :)

hunter468
29-10-2011, 09:56 PM
LOLS, I will shoot partridges with a shotgun as they are hard to find nowadays :)
thats a better option!

AHMAD CHISHTI
31-10-2011, 10:23 AM
waoo.. m very happy with my Diana .177, n now more happier after getting such worthy comments of PG friends about the gun..., its awesome, while shooting doves, pigeons n other birds..., n now its news for me that it can shoot the hare as well,....

AHMAD CHISHTI
31-10-2011, 10:29 AM
I M THANKFUL TO ALL MY FRIENDS FOR SHARING SUCH A PROFICIENT INFO ABOUT DIANA RWS 34 .177, LOT OF NEWS FOR ME IN IT... AS THESE MAY B NEWS EVEN FOR THE ENGINEERS OF THIS GUN.......:laugh:

Mehdi
31-10-2011, 11:21 AM
Wing shooting with air guns is also very challenging.You learn a lot about leading birds although it cannot be used as a yard stick for shot gun wing shooting.Incoming crows and other birds..http://www.pakguns.com/images/icons/icon7.png. can be shot with a little practice.It is fun and once you have shot one then a whole flock of these pesky pests will gather overhead, giving you lot of chances to hone your skills.

taha
31-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Wing shooting with air guns is also very challenging.You learn a lot about leading birds although it cannot be used as a yard stick for shot gun wing shooting.Incoming crows and other birds..http://www.pakguns.com/images/icons/icon7.png. can be shot with a little practice.It is fun and once you have shot one then a whole flock of these pesky pests will gather overhead, giving you lot of chances to hone your skills.
But the crows aren't very forgiving! They'd track you for weeks, before slowly and eventually forgetting about their lost friends. lolz!

Mehdi
31-10-2011, 11:39 AM
@Taha

Bro absolutely right.Weeks is too little a time even months.They are clever birds, and I still remember crows were always dive bombing for me http://www.pakguns.com/images/icons/icon10.png :plane:

taha
31-10-2011, 11:54 AM
@Taha

Bro absolutely right.Weeks is too little a time even months.They are clever birds, and I still remember crows were always dive bombing for me http://www.pakguns.com/images/icons/icon10.png :plane:
When I was a kid, I remember very well a close relative did something to please us: A crow had apparently died a natural death in our back yard; he took a piece of string, tied it with the crow, and waved the dead thing around in circles. With in minutes sky was filled with crows, as if it were a cloudy day. This treat to us cost him 'hard'. lolz...

Birdshooter007
31-10-2011, 01:58 PM
@Taha

I can't believe it!!!!! I always come across people saying if you shoot a crow, they will track you/ chase you and even hurt you!!!!! But surprisingly, whenever I have shoot a crow, it's fellows never come diving at me... They just cover the whole horizon and start barking, but never come low....BTW I'm not much of a crow shooting fan, I like grilling doves :D

Mehdi
31-10-2011, 02:16 PM
@Chauhadry

They will never come close once they see that you are armed, but when you are empty handed they are liable to attack, and more so when they have a nest nearby with young ones.

hunter468
31-10-2011, 08:52 PM
@Chauhadry

They will never come close once they see that you are armed, but when you are empty handed they are liable to attack, and more so when they have a nest nearby with young ones.
they have a great memory and they do attack but not happened with me till now but witnessed few incidents
i would add that it mostly happens in breeding season when some body (especially their enemies) pass by their nest surroundings

Birdshooter007
31-10-2011, 08:56 PM
they have a great memory and they do attack but not happened with me till now but witnessed few incidents
i would add that it mostly happens in breeding season when some body (especially their enemies) pass by their nest surroundings
They sure have Photographic memory but never attacked me, dumb little pests.

hunter468
31-10-2011, 08:58 PM
waoo.. m very happy with my Diana .177, n now more happier after getting such worthy comments of PG friends about the gun..., its awesome, while shooting doves, pigeons n other birds..., [B]n now its news for me that it can shoot the hare as well,....[B]
check out the damage yourself with 8.3gr JSB pellets in the following vdo,here is the postmortem of the hare shot.
i hope the underestimation of 177cal will be reduced after watching this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Lyvlpl1mg

hunter468
31-10-2011, 09:13 PM
They sure have Photographic memory but never attacked me, dumb little pests.
i think they r pretty clever and they dont attack the person carrying the weapon,once (2-3years back) i shot a crow with my 22 long range rifle.my cousin was with me and after the shot he ran towards the crow which was a clean kill about 70yards away.he reached there and picked up the dead crow from its leg. (meanwhile) out of the huge crowd of crows that filled the sky when he reached there,some started attacking him,he ran back quickly after dropping the crow and loosing his slippers and i remember he had few small wounds on his head. but none of those crows even dared to come close to me.
from that day my cousin rarely goes to retrieve any bird :lol:

Birdshooter007
31-10-2011, 09:25 PM
i think they r pretty clever and they dont attack the person carrying the weapon,once (2-3years back) i shot a crow with my 22 long range rifle.my cousin was with me and after the shot he ran towards the crow which was a clean kill about 70yards away.he reached there and picked up the dead crow from its leg. (meanwhile) out of the huge crowd of crows that filled the sky when he reached there,some started attacking him,he ran back quickly after dropping the crow and loosing his slippers and i remember he had few small wounds on his head. but none of those crows even dared to come close to me.
from that day my cousin rarely goes to retrieve any bird :lol:
So this shows how cunning these sly critters are....... hmm better not retrieve a dead crow for the hell of it until the black clouds settle down. So this is their real face, the one I have heard, not going to mess with them unarmed.
What about Kites/Cheel, do they react in the same way, I never had a bad experience with them either.... actually just shot a few crows and kites, not use of culling them as far as I'm concerned. But they do help a lot in preparing for a hunt.

hunter468
31-10-2011, 09:40 PM
i have never seen cheels doing such.i have shot them many times with 22lr and air gun in early days of shooting.and i dont think they have a good memory like crows but they have 1 weapon which is their eyes equipped with 100x zoom capability,man they really snuff some thing wrong and fly away when some one points a gun at them even at 80 odd yards!

Mehdi
02-11-2011, 10:00 AM
@hunter468

Absolutely right.This morning I saw a kite about 75 yds away perched on a high pole,I could not let the opportunity pass. A minute later I brought my Diana out, it had already zoomed on on to me and just flew away.

haji
03-11-2011, 01:15 PM
+1@hunter468 and mehdi

DRHUNTER
05-11-2011, 07:55 PM
AOA,
one of mine cousin in PAKISTAN wants to buy a gamo gun for hunting doves, pigeons and wild rabbits (in his sugarcane fields). He has too less experience about airguns like me. Can any body tell me that which gun he should buy? Gamo shadow 1000, Gamo whisper or some other brand available in LHR, Fsd or Rawalpindi (where it is more cheap) that can fulfill his hunting requirement. A difference of 2 to 5 K will not matter for him but he needs some thing that he can rely upon but should be available in these cities. Please share the recommended model, dealer name and if possible the price. I will be thankful for this help :). He already has a scope BSA 4*32 with him.

Birdshooter007
05-11-2011, 08:09 PM
AOA,
one of mine cousin in PAKISTAN wants to buy a gamo gun for hunting doves, pigeons and wild rabbits (in his sugarcane fields). He has too less experience about airguns like me. Can any body tell me that which gun he should buy? Gamo shadow 1000, Gamo whisper or some other brand available in LHR, Fsd or Rawalpindi (where it is more cheap) that can fulfill his hunting requirement. A difference of 2 to 5 K will not matter for him but he needs some thing that he can rely upon but should be available in these cities. Please share the recommended model, dealer name and if possible the price. I will be thankful for this help :). He already has a scope BSA 4*32 with him.
As you mentioned, he wants it for hunting. So I will recommend RWS/Diana 34 in the 30-35k price range, available in Pindi with Shamsuddin and Badruddin for 32k. If his budget is 10k less, then any of the 2 airguns you have mentioned will get the job done, no specificity. Lahore and Pindi prices will be the same I guess, and all 3 airguns will be available there, don't know about Faisalabad. As his objective is hunting, ask him to get a .22 cal instead of a .177.
p.s Whisper is available at Badruddin and Son,RWP for 23k and Gamo Shadow 1000 for 19k.

DRHUNTER
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
AOA,
Thanks chauhadry sb for this valuable information. I asked mine cousin about the brand. He prefers gamo. Whisper OR Gamo Shadow 1000, which one is more durable, powerful and reliable in 0.22? He will also in need of extra spring for this gun but i dont know if original springs are available at any of these dealers.
Also please share the dealers phone no.
Regards,
Dr. IQBAL

DRHUNTER
21-11-2011, 04:00 PM
AOA,
Thanks chauhadry sb for this valuable information. I asked mine cousin about the brand. He prefers gamo. Whisper OR Gamo Shadow 1000, which one is more durable, powerful and reliable in 0.22? He will also in need of extra spring for this gun but i dont know if original springs are available at any of these dealers.
Also please share the dealers phone no.
Regards

Birdshooter007
21-11-2011, 04:31 PM
No major difference, just different looks. Ask him to check both of them, hold them in his hands, whichever he likes more, he can get it. I don't think original springs are available here.
+92-51-5525226 +92-51-5525229

DRHUNTER
21-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks Chauhadry sahib for your help and valuable information. I will give him the said phone no,s and he can purchase his desired item form there.