PDA

View Full Version : 5 things you must not do with gun for your and others Safety...???

atifzaka
30-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Please as per your experience share important things for safety

American Lockpicker
30-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Double check that the chamber is empty on a Glock before pulling the trigger in order to disassemble it.

In shotguns make sure that the barrel doesn't have a smaller shell lodged in it before loading it.

Make sure you are using the correct or compatible ammo in your firearm.

Always know whats beyond your target.

Don't point at anything you don't want to destroy.

Canik
01-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Please as per your experience share important things for safety

1) dont use scratched ammo
2) do not give the gun to that person which is new
3) dont carry loaded gun
4) do not try to catch the dropping weapon
5) do not place the finger on trigger.

Sami
01-10-2011, 03:47 AM
A.O.A, American lockpeker & Canik: Rightly summed it up, what we need is to repeat them now or then.

babaz7
01-10-2011, 08:30 AM
1. always keep gun pointing in a safe direction.
2. always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
3. know your target and what is beyond.
4. use only correct ammunition for your gun.
5. keep guns away from children and untrained individuals.

bestmagician83
01-10-2011, 09:30 AM
1. Make sure the chamber is empty
2. Never ever point ur gun to any one even in the joke
3. Always watch where u r shooting.
4. Always use the specified ammo for the gun mentioned.
5. SPECIALLY keep out of reaches of Childrens.

and there are many more but u ask for 5 only.

Wolf Hunter
01-10-2011, 09:43 AM
1.Do not involve yourself in Aerial Firing and discourage others too.
2.Do not allow your weapon for examining, dry firing and pointing towards each other within a group of friends.
3.Do not carry your weapon when you are extremely angry or upset.
4.Do not feel yourself a super human while carrying weapon.
5.Do not forget that Bullet does not differentiate between a friend or foe...

Sturmgewehr
01-10-2011, 01:11 PM
2.Do not allow your weapon for examining, dry firing and pointing towards each other within a group of friends.

very useful tips as most of pakistani gun owners do exactly these sort of blunders...........

Sturmgewehr
01-10-2011, 01:13 PM
for further instruction please watch the personal shooting coach on youtube.I find that gentleman very helpful when it comes to safety...

Trajan
01-10-2011, 04:14 PM
ALWAYS treat ALL firearms as if they were loaded regardless of anything.

Mig
09-10-2011, 09:16 PM
In double barrel shotguns, Never forget to relock or break the chamber after firing one. I have done this mistake many times and them think of it that it was very harmful. When I hit my target I forget the second barrel is also chambered. So either you make it a habit to re lock or Eject the empty cartridge so that it gets lock automatically. I made the later my habit

usman.baba
20-12-2012, 03:52 PM
@Wolf Hunter (http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?3441-Wolf-Hunter) i agree with you dear you did great work i am agree with you

ajmal virk
21-12-2012, 03:18 PM
one thing is missing "keep children and gun both away from each other".

Cool Hunter
21-12-2012, 04:17 PM
1) dont use scratched ammo
2) do not give the gun to that person which is new
3) dont carry loaded gun
4) do not try to catch the dropping weapon
5) do not place the finger on trigger.

1. Make sure the chamber is empty
2. Never ever point ur gun to any one even in the joke
3. Always watch where u r shooting.
4. Always use the specified ammo for the gun mentioned.
5. SPECIALLY keep out of reaches of Childrens.

and there are many more but u ask for 5 only.

thanks brothers

Wajahat
11-01-2013, 11:07 PM
5 things do with a gun:

1. don't carry a gun unless it necessary
2. don't carry a gun even if its necessary (unless its a DIRE need, impressing your girl or coming back from an ATM machine aren't counted dire)
3. if you are carrying one you should not never pull it out
4. if you do pull out a gun make sure you shoot some one
5. if you do shoot some one make sure you don't stick around for the cops to come in :)

Kamranwali
12-01-2013, 11:46 AM
5 things do with a gun:

2. don't carry a gun even if its necessary (unless its a DIRE need, impressing your girl or coming back from an ATM machine aren't counted dire)
5. if you do shoot some one make sure you don't stick around for the cops to come in :)

Dear Wajahat Bro,
I hope to God u dont seriously mean points 4 and 5, dont mind me saying this but its not even funny.

Regards.

Tank
14-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Dear Wajahat Bro,
I hope to God u dont seriously mean points 4 and 5, dont mind me saying this but its not even funny.

Regards.

Dear Kamranwali

i totally agree with wajahat on point 4 and 5. In karachi when someone with a firearm in infront of you and you pull out your weapon, u MUST shoot.. if not then u will get shot... otherswise dont pull out your weapon at all... u just cant threaten someone with a firearm and then smile and leave... if a badass cutthroat is infront of you u think twice before pulling ur weapon out.. if you do you use it (for point 4)

for point 5.. honestly kamranwali will you really want to hand yourself to a policeman chances of whom being corrupt in karachi are like 95%... jokes apart he is right IF you have no choice u should injure your attacker and then run from that area.. period

Wajahat
14-01-2013, 10:53 PM
Dear members, (kamran and tank)

brothers i am a very straight forward guy, unfortunately the only education i have had in life is from the streets, i take guns very seriously, i do not joke about them.

let me briefly explain the 4 and 5 :

in ancient times my father once gave me a stern lecture because i was 12 i got jumped by around 20 odd guys and them fools beat me knickers off in front of my girl friend, partly because i was young and inspired by too many movies, i took my dad's revolver to school next day and before i know it, i was suspended from school and my gf's father made it a point that i never get to see her again, i was under the impression that dad would beat the living crap out of me which he didn't (unlike his nature) instead he invited me to talk to him man to man, the only thing i remember in the whole conversation which even now echos in my head was that "Son! make it a point in your life, death before disgrace, next time you pull a gun make sure you shoot some one, otherwise you should be strong enough to fend off whatever it is that you are up against without using one", see kamran, he instilled courage and honor in me, any numskull can carry or display a gun, it takes a whole lot of man to point it at some one point blank, so close that you can see the whites of his eyes, and shoot them, if you are strong enough you would never need to have a simple fist fight over road rage or a guy hitting on your girl, ever turn in to a gun fight, the latest example is the shahzeb murder case, where these BURGER bachas could have just kicked the poor chap around but instead they acted stupidly, it takes character and valor to categorize things in life, not every fight has to result in a hail of gun fire. i am a survivor, i do not believe in displaying weapons or pulling them out randomly, the last time i used a gun was at a firing range, this was almost a year ago, i do not support Ariel firing whether pakistan beats india or its a wedding, its dangerous, dumb and disastrous, having said so, being a karachite and having weapons, it takes alot of self control to make sure that i do not indulge in to all this, we all have nosy friends, who make it their business to get you into trouble, but with guns, its all serious stuff, one mistake can cost you your life or worse some one else's. these are my principals and i have worked really hard for so many years to make sure that i do not become the person i hate.

Wajahat
14-01-2013, 11:03 PM
as for point number 5, the only thing i can tell you, come to karachi, rent a place or get a house, fire your gun a couple of times, call Madadgar 15 (cops) and tell them that you had some one trying to break into your house and that you had to use a gun, you'll get to know what i am talking about! i am not a deviant nor a lunatic, i do not enjoy violence i am just a very practical ordinary decent citizen.

Cheers!

Riz Khan
14-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Agreed with Wajahat Bhai, and add this to it;
My father (may Allah SWT bless his soul and give him an elevated place in Jannah) said to me after a similar incident as with Wajahat bhai. He said be vigilant of someone showing off a weapon or carrying a weapon openly BUT have utmost respect for someone not displaying it openly BECAUSE when that person pulls it out he will mean business. I used to live in Karachi (20 years ago) and had a close encounter with Karachi police (may my enemies always encounter them lol), They tried everything to blame a gun on me, and it was only my Father's connections that saved me.

I pray that we never have to use a weapon on another human being. Ameen. But if you do, Shoot to kill, or at-least seriously maim.

regards
Riz

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 12:59 AM
+1 Riz bhai!

your father (may Allah bless his soul) was a very wise man, he knew life better then we did. as for shooting some one fatally or maiming them is not difficult, having that on your conscience and living with that is.

strongly agree with that bhai hence my dua that it never comes to that :) and in sha Allah it will never.

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Wajahat bhai another thing from my fathers advice gems :)

NEVER give your gun to anyone its not a toy. BUT, if you must give your gun to someone to inspect take out the mag/bullets and hand an EMPTY gun over - then if they ask to inspect the bullets politely and gently but surely take the gun from them before handing the mag/bullets to them :)

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 01:06 AM
damn, buy saying guns are not toys i just disagreed with Brother canik's signature ;p

also thought of something about not using scratched ammo lol MAKE sure that you don't scratch it trying to carve your initials in the bullets to give them a personal touch lol

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 01:19 AM
hahaha! +1 rizzy

my friends find it highly annoying to when i recheck the gun even if they hand it back to me, my own philosophy is that even with an empty weapon "SHAITAAN" goli daal deta hay ;)

ROFL - Subhan Allah - Love that Logic - keeps you and others safe :) - Ek to Shaitaan ne jaan Azaab Kar Rakhi hai lol

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 01:33 AM
hahaha!

fortunately for blokes like u up in the motherland (UK) posessing a hand gun is illegal so ur safe any ways :D

in sha Allah soon will be in Attock, Pakistan. Definitely will be visiting Karachi cause i have to give Syed Aziz Agha (an old friend) of Kingfishers a good competition in Deep sea Fishing :)

And my licences will be ready before i land in sha Allah (that is if they are not closed lol)

Riz Khan
15-01-2013, 01:47 AM
well rizzy i am not into either fishing or sea food however you are more then welcome to grace my table with your presence over dinner whenever u r in khi :)

jazaak Allah Khair - in sha Allah - and i might bring a nice fish for the table depending on the month i am there.

and sorry moderators - i think we have gone to far off topic :)

enge.ashfaq cheema
18-01-2013, 07:13 PM
very nice and helpful onfo

AMP11692
28-01-2013, 08:38 PM
@Wolf Hunter I cannot agree with you more.
@Wajahat Bro i agree with what you said, it is wise indeed. But dont you think sometimes display of firearms can discourage any potential danger? I am not experienced in guns and would like your opinion and anyone else who has an opinion about this.

ballixd
29-01-2013, 12:03 AM
hahaha! +1 rizzy

my friends find it highly annoying to when i recheck the gun even if they hand it back to me, my own philosophy is that even with an empty weapon "SHAITAAN" goli daal deta hay ;)
I agree with your words, I will give my friends example which happened very recently, we are recent graduates from university, and one of my friends passed out from pma last year, 5 of us went to TOSS 2012 Islamabad which was like a month agi, 2 of friends were new to weapons and started acting like lunatics, they picked up the pistols at the stall and started dry firing them, at few times pointed straight at my head, i asked them not to do it and they said its empty, i knew it this thing and even i knew that firing pins were removed, but you never know mistakes happen, if they do it here tomorrow they can do it at some other place, and god forbid if its loaded? Heck i had to explain to them that what if someone else loads the bullet and hand it you and say its empty, you fire it at me then?.....had to give them a long lecture on gun safety

Dr_Gilani
19-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Very interesting and thought provoking!

Dr_Gilani
19-09-2013, 12:06 PM
I agree with your words, I will give my friends example which happened very recently, we are recent graduates from university, and one of my friends passed out from pma last year, 5 of us went to TOSS 2012 Islamabad which was like a month agi, 2 of friends were new to weapons and started acting like lunatics, they picked up the pistols at the stall and started dry firing them, at few times pointed straight at my head, i asked them not to do it and they said its empty, i knew it this thing and even i knew that firing pins were removed, but you never know mistakes happen, if they do it here tomorrow they can do it at some other place, and god forbid if its loaded? Heck i had to explain to them that what if someone else loads the bullet and hand it you and say its empty, you fire it at me then?.....had to give them a long lecture on gun safety
Frightening!

Dr_Gilani
19-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Dear members, (kamran and tank)

brothers i am a very straight forward guy, unfortunately the only education i have had in life is from the streets, i take guns very seriously, i do not joke about them.

let me briefly explain the 4 and 5 :

in ancient times my father once gave me a stern lecture because i was 12 i got jumped by around 20 odd guys and them fools beat me knickers off in front of my girl friend, partly because i was young and inspired by too many movies, i took my dad's revolver to school next day and before i know it, i was suspended from school and my gf's father made it a point that i never get to see her again, i was under the impression that dad would beat the living crap out of me which he didn't (unlike his nature) instead he invited me to talk to him man to man, the only thing i remember in the whole conversation which even now echos in my head was that "Son! make it a point in your life, death before disgrace, next time you pull a gun make sure you shoot some one, otherwise you should be strong enough to fend off whatever it is that you are up against without using one", see kamran, he instilled courage and honor in me, any numskull can carry or display a gun, it takes a whole lot of man to point it at some one point blank, so close that you can see the whites of his eyes, and shoot them, if you are strong enough you would never need to have a simple fist fight over road rage or a guy hitting on your girl, ever turn in to a gun fight, the latest example is the shahzeb murder case, where these BURGER bachas could have just kicked the poor chap around but instead they acted stupidly, it takes character and valor to categorize things in life, not every fight has to result in a hail of gun fire. i am a survivor, i do not believe in displaying weapons or pulling them out randomly, the last time i used a gun was at a firing range, this was almost a year ago, i do not support Ariel firing whether pakistan beats india or its a wedding, its dangerous, dumb and disastrous, having said so, being a karachite and having weapons, it takes alot of self control to make sure that i do not indulge in to all this, we all have nosy friends, who make it their business to get you into trouble, but with guns, its all serious stuff, one mistake can cost you your life or worse some one else's. these are my principals and i have worked really hard for so many years to make sure that i do not become the person i hate.
Very inspiring and interesting as well!

380ACP
19-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Dear Wajahat i am surprised that at 12 you had a girl friend, inspiring for many i was not even aware of this word at that age, i have great respect for your father but giving a lecture to 12 year old son that if you unholster your weapon make sure you shoot someone is not wise, there are few things only experience and age can teach we here at pakguns are firearm enthusiasts and believe me talking with each other makes me feel we are a family and discussion is going on between brothers, we all agree not to use firearms unless we are left with no other option but none of us will teach kids that when you take out your weapon shoot someone its not wise to makena teenager whose thinking is nog mature to believe in violence at least no God fearing man will do that, my father was the one who taught me how to hold a gun but never taught me how to shoot someone and when to use firearm unless i was mature enough to understand things, survival is basic instinct of every living being a mature man from mature man i mean a man grown enought physically and psychologically to handle firearms and at this point everyone knows when to use a firearm to defend or eliminate potential threat, please @all do not teach your kids to shoot someone when threaten a kid can not understand the intensity of threat and can not decide the right time to use deadly force,

Ameer
19-09-2013, 03:07 PM
380acp,

On first part i wont comment on Wajahat post, as he is banned now.

I agree at yours mostly, except on a line or two. The conditions/requirements vary WIDELY person to person. Some people had left only a teenager(may be 12 too) at home to protect home n family while the Head Figure is out for work. In that case he must know how to shoot the damn human (BG). I have seen a few targeted by terrorists and again on target in future, in such scenario even in females need to be ready. May Allah keep all of us from these un-bearable scenarios, when u feel like death is chasing u at every turn.

This reminds of the movie "Patriot", when needed Mel Gibson was accompanied by 2 lil kids.

380ACP
19-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Agreed Ameer brother my point was just to train the kids i was trained by my father to shoot and handle firearms even cleaning i am sure you were also trained by your father and a kid grown enough to handle firearms and shoot is wise enough to do what he needs to do if someone breaks in house, but encouraging kids to shoot others in school or in playgrounds is something i can not recommended

durrani
19-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Coming of the season I was putting my things right and I took out my shooting license. Inside the license I stumbled upon a beautiful piece of poetry. It is titled A FATHERS ADVICE it goes:-

If a sportsman true you'd be
Listen carefully to me...

Never, never let your gun
Pointed be at anyone...
That it may unload be
Matter not the least to me

When a hedge or fence you cross
Though of time it cause a loss
From your gun the cartridge take
for the greater safety sake.

Birds shall fly or beast may run
Let this maxim ere be thine
"Follow not across the line"

Stops and beaters oft unseen
Lurk behind some leafy screen
Calm and steady always be
"Never shoot where you can't see"

You may kill or you may miss
But at all times think this
"All the pheasants ever bred
Won't repay for one man dead"

(Mark Beaufoy - 1902)

B-King
19-09-2013, 07:12 PM
This is the best. i agree with babaz

RashidKM
20-09-2013, 09:04 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2XbPCgEfLOk/UDVyQ3vgZGI/AAAAAAAAJSI/08cM4VYv3vE/s320/safety_cardinal_rule.jpg

Ameer
20-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Agreed Ameer brother my point was just to train the kids i was trained by my father to shoot and handle firearms even cleaning i am sure you were also trained by your father and a kid grown enough to handle firearms and shoot is wise enough to do what he needs to do if someone breaks in house, but encouraging kids to shoot others in school or in playgrounds is something i can not recommended

Agreed completely on last part.

shahjee
20-09-2013, 03:01 PM
This why I love Pakguns excellent thread keep it up guys. Wahajat point 4 and 5 love them

Enigmatic Desires
20-09-2013, 04:55 PM
1). Unless no alternative is available dont shoot yourself
2). No matter how frustrated u are dont shoot people at random

3,4&5 same as 1 & 2

pisces007
20-09-2013, 08:02 PM
very nice bro.... like dis don't carry a gun unless it necessary genious....
5 things do with a gun:

TRX
21-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Inside the license I stumbled upon a beautiful piece of poetry. It is titled A FATHERS ADVICE

Excellent! I think I will memorize that...

Aquarius
21-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Coming of the season I was putting my things right and I took out my shooting license. Inside the license I stumbled upon a beautiful piece of poetry. It is titled A FATHERS ADVICE it goes:-

If a sportsman true you'd be
Listen carefully to me...

Never, never let your gun
Pointed be at anyone...
That it may unload be
Matter not the least to me

When a hedge or fence you cross
Though of time it cause a loss
From your gun the cartridge take
for the greater safety sake.

Birds shall fly or beast may run
Let this maxim ere be thine
"Follow not across the line"

Stops and beaters oft unseen
Lurk behind some leafy screen
Calm and steady always be
"Never shoot where you can't see"

You may kill or you may miss
But at all times think this
"All the pheasants ever bred
Won't repay for one man dead"

(Mark Beaufoy - 1902)

Really love it.. I will also copy it and paste it on all my licenses.

yasiralikhan
21-10-2013, 09:53 PM
the points are great i just want to add a point. that is never ever give your gun to anyone else for a look or checking. if you have no choice then first unload the gun and then give it

Aquarius
22-10-2013, 07:42 AM
the points are great i just want to add a point. that is never ever give your gun to anyone else for a look or checking. if you have no choice then first unload the gun and then give it
That's a very valid point.. I always remove magazine when handing it over to someone for inspection.

Fudgepacker
22-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Dear Wajahat i am surprised that at 12 you had a girl friend, inspiring for many i was not even aware of this word at that age, i have great respect for your father but giving a lecture to 12 year old son that if you unholster your weapon make sure you shoot someone is not wise, there are few things only experience and age can teach we here at pakguns are firearm enthusiasts and believe me talking with each other makes me feel we are a family and discussion is going on between brothers, we all agree not to use firearms unless we are left with no other option but none of us will teach kids that when you take out your weapon shoot someone its not wise to makena teenager whose thinking is nog mature to believe in violence at least no God fearing man will do that, my father was the one who taught me how to hold a gun but never taught me how to shoot someone and when to use firearm unless i was mature enough to understand things, survival is basic instinct of every living being a mature man from mature man i mean a man grown enought physically and psychologically to handle firearms and at this point everyone knows when to use a firearm to defend or eliminate potential threat, please @all do not teach your kids to shoot someone when threaten a kid can not understand the intensity of threat and can not decide the right time to use deadly force,
I'm glad you said that 380, I agree 110%. I found the story portrayed by Wajahat quite disturbing.

Sturmgewehr
22-10-2013, 04:47 PM
5 things do with a gun:

going to ATM's in KHI is dire.....more muggings happen there then on the street in my belief :p .......and if you run away you establishes premeditation and intent and one can swing for 302......as for the girl friend part dude didja have puberty like at age 5 :p

Sturmgewehr
22-10-2013, 04:51 PM

Well said sir.....we like guns as we are fascinated by them being marvels of engineering and human prowess over metallurgy...we love them going bang on the range and shooting sporting targets and occasionally hunting responsibly. I think they really should enforce a psychological exam before they issue a permit anywhere in the world rather then banning or restricting guns.....