PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Air Gun in Personal Luggage while Travelling ?

haji
24-09-2011, 07:16 PM
does any body know that what r the rules to carry airguns in personal luggage while traveling from US to Pakistan,any hurdles in this process?

i have my self hand carried (more than 10 times) airguns from dubai to Pakistan without any problem,my last and most recent purchase was a 350mag and a rws 35 from alsayad.

plz share your experience and knowledge as the rates from PA (pyrimid air) r really very attractive.
regards

Mehdi
24-09-2011, 07:26 PM
does any body know that what r the rules to carry airguns in personal luggage while traveling from US to Pakistan,any hurdles in this process?

i have my self hand carried (more than 10 times) airguns from dubai to Pakistan without any problem,my last and most recent purchase was a 350mag and a rws 35 from alsayad.

You booked the guns in the hold or you carried them in the Air craft, Don't the guys at the airport create fuss.

plz share your experience and knowledge as the rates from PA (pyrimid air) r really very attractive.
regards
Bro,

You booked the guns in the hold or you carried them in the Air craft, Don't the guys at the airport create fuss.

haji
24-09-2011, 08:45 PM
Bro,

they dont let it carried by hand,rather they require the gun to b double packed,u have to show the receipt of alsayad and the gun after which u have to pack it in the manner that i told above it costs around 20 drms
after this gun arrives with your luggage when u land at Pak airport and the custom guys here and in dubai cannot do and have never ever created any fuss,bcz sporting goods like airguns r allowed.
regards

Mehdi
24-09-2011, 09:10 PM
@haji

Thanks bro for the useful info

Zaheer
24-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Dear Haji Bro,

I called Al Sayyad several times from Oman this week but they never reply.I want some rates of
Diana Airking54 And Diana 350 and some other models.Do you have any idea coz maybe I will o to dubai next month for only this purpose.

What else is available in Al Sayyad these days.Do they have Holsters for pistols and flash lights etc.I just want to get an idea.

Regards,

hunter468
25-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Dear Haji Bro,

I called Al Sayyad several times from Oman this week but they never reply.I want some rates of
Diana Airking54 And Diana 350 and some other models.Do you have any idea coz maybe I will o to dubai next month for only this purpose.

What else is available in Al Sayyad these days.Do they have Holsters for pistols and flash lights etc.I just want to get an idea.

Regards,

350mag in wooden stock is around 1800 uae drms,34 classic @ 1075drms,rws 35 @ 1175drms.
regards

Zaheer
25-09-2011, 01:11 AM
What about Airking54

hunter468
25-09-2011, 01:14 AM
What about Airking54
sorry sir dont know as i didnt ask for any other model
and yes 350 professional compact was around (if i remember) 1450uae drms
regards

Usama
25-09-2011, 01:33 AM
did anyone saw holsters with Al Sayyad ??

Zaheer
25-09-2011, 01:34 AM
Usama I think I have to go and check myself ;)

hunter468
25-09-2011, 01:36 AM
hahahahaha

Zaheer
25-09-2011, 02:04 AM

because I am not far from Dubai.The nearest country from here is UAE :p

haji
12-10-2011, 10:13 PM
so no updates regarding my question???

shafiq992
17-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Yes They have Very nice Holsters for almost all guns. they have very good collection of Scopes, Nives, Cleaning kits, Hunting decoyes and hunting gears.

taha
17-10-2011, 02:59 PM
^^ Posted in wrong place by mistake brother? Or did I simply not got it?

Naveed_pk
17-10-2011, 03:07 PM
^^ Posted in wrong place by mistake brother? Or did I simply not got it?

What do u want to say ??

taha
17-10-2011, 03:14 PM
What do u want to say ??
Sorry my mistake... I had missed reading post #9.

I read previous posts again then only understood the post. Apologies, once again... smile.

Edit: Well considering the fact this query came from a mod, I'd like to clarify I meant no offense to anyone. Regards...

fluffmaster
18-10-2011, 06:17 PM
the rules for carrying air guns from any where else in the world are not pakistani rules, but the rules of that country., USA will never allow that,,,its only from dubai that u can get an air gun and bring it along in ur luggage as most of us already know

taha
20-10-2011, 02:48 PM
the rules for carrying air guns from any where else in the world are not pakistani rules, but the rules of that country., USA will never allow that,,,its only from dubai that u can get an air gun and bring it along in ur luggage as most of us already know
Thanks for the info - didn't know about such US law before.

Birdshooter007
20-10-2011, 03:21 PM
My cousin brought an airgun from USA in his luggage and I have never heard of any such restriction.

haji
27-10-2011, 01:01 PM
My cousin brought an airgun from USA in his luggage and I have never heard of any such restriction.
thats a good news!
chaudhary bro can u update that how much time ago your cousin brought it?
what is the procedure in it,like packaging of gun etc

Birdshooter007
27-10-2011, 02:36 PM
thats a good news!
chaudhary bro can u update that how much time ago your cousin brought it?
what is the procedure in it,like packaging of gun etc
Don't know about the procedure, but that was like 1 or 2 years back. He also intends to bring his Weihrauch HW100 and a new Airforce Condor or some other airgun next time he comes to Pakistan. And his Glock 19 5th Generation there too.

Asif Ali
27-10-2011, 10:20 PM
What about bringing Pistol from USA or somewhere else in luggage?
Is it possible to bring Glock by air?

Birdshooter007
27-10-2011, 10:32 PM
I am doubtful about bringing a pistol from USA in your luggage, lets see if he is really able to bring it here other then just wanting to bring it here. Taking it from USA to some other nations like European states is much easier, but when talking about Pakistan, then no doubt, they have all reasons to watch out. He says you need a special permit and a Pak. license with you and after a long conversation with the guys at the airport, they would let him bring it to Pak. My personal advise is better not try something like this as it can cause you deep trouble. About airguns, I'm 100% sure you can get them from Pak.

Trajan
27-10-2011, 10:40 PM

@ Asif Ali: Your comment reminded of this time when a friend, back in the days, claimed that he could bring in a handgun via luggage from the U.S. to Pakistan by dissembling it and putting the parts in separate bags. He claimed he knew the 'angles' to put the various parts so they would not show up as gun parts in the scanning machines.
To make a long story short, he got arrested at the airport and his family had to pay through their nose (in dollars) for a top notched lawyer who got him out.
Summary: Do NOT try it unless you have all the valid permits/documentations etc. With the situation the way it is these days i wouldn't even think of it otherwise :)

He got

HussainAli
28-10-2011, 10:06 AM

Dear Asif Ali Bro, Don't even think about it, without a proper permission (by US Export & Customs Dept) & Export /carrying documentation.

Ales, Brother Trajan has pointed a very good and true example ..............

Regards

fluffmaster
28-10-2011, 02:12 PM
the thread was started with a question, "Can someone bring an air gun from USA to pakistan in his personal baggage"? Sorry to say that the answer is nowhere around after a long rhetoric much less of someone really confirming the deal through personal experience.
At times one can sense the law even if one doesnt know the exact statement of law.so eagerly awaiting someone to put all of us wise, and do it by quoting authority.
thanks

Birdshooter007
28-10-2011, 02:44 PM
the thread was started with a question, "Can someone bring an air gun from USA to pakistan in his personal baggage"? Sorry to say that the answer is nowhere around after a long rhetoric much less of someone really confirming the deal through personal experience.
At times one can sense the law even if one doesnt know the exact statement of law.so eagerly awaiting someone to put all of us wise, and do it by quoting authority.
thanks
The caption of this thread is not "Can someone bring an air gun from USA to pakistan in his personal baggage" but "Carrying air gun in LUGGAGE while traveling" not just USA.
Secondly I will reconfirm in December this year or Summers 2012 when my cousin gets these PCP's to Pakistan. As I have said before, never read or saw any such law and it is totally POSSIBLE.

fluffmaster
28-10-2011, 03:23 PM
The caption of this thread is not "Can someone bring an air gun from USA to pakistan in his personal baggage" but "Carrying air gun in LUGGAGE while traveling" not just USA.
Secondly I will reconfirm in December this year or Summers 2012 when my cousin gets these PCP's to Pakistan. As I have said before, never read or saw any such law and it is totally POSSIBLE.

thanx chaudhry brother....which law have you read??? kindly quote authority from the law that you have read. In the absence of an authority its just a pointless debate. waiting till the next summers might be a superflous call for an affair as simple as this.
and in any case,,,,if like most of us you dont know the answer specifically,,,lets leave it to a more knowledgeable member to comment with authority.
Best Regards

Asif Ali
28-10-2011, 03:30 PM
@Chauhadry, Trajan, Hussainali

My purpose of question was in the context of overpricing of GLOCK here in Pakistan. I am trying to explore importing Overpriced world famous Guns from Germany, Austria, Canada, (forget USA), Belgium, Dubai etc.
Regards

Birdshooter007
28-10-2011, 04:00 PM
thanx chaudhry brother....which law have you read??? kindly quote authority from the law that you have read. In the absence of an authority its just a pointless debate. waiting till the next summers might be a superflous call for an affair as simple as this.
and in any case,,,,if like most of us you dont know the answer specifically,,,lets leave it to a more knowledgeable member to comment with authority.
Best Regards
I have read no law, nothing special to contribute... Would just like to say it's legal for me to bring an airgun from Pakistan as well as my family, because we have already gotten one from there. Once my cousin gets his Weihrauch HW100 here, I'll inform everyone in this thread. Thanks and Bye.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
29-10-2011, 01:07 AM
SALAM BROTHERS.
I have taken at least 6 airguns from UK TO PAKISTAN. All they ask at the airport when you go to check in counter is that you say I have a AIRGUN which I want to take to PAKISTAN.and then they will call airport police to come and check the gun it must have it own box. The police will check and issue a special sticker to the box and you hand it at the counter and that is all. When you come to ISLAMABAD AIRPORT it will come same as all luggage you just pic it up and walk out. If they do ask let them check it( 10.00) and you go home.
SH TARIQ UK.

hunter468
29-10-2011, 12:34 PM
SALAM BROTHERS.
I have taken at least 6 airguns from UK TO PAKISTAN. All they ask at the airport when you go to check in counter is that you say I have a AIRGUN which I want to take to PAKISTAN.and then they will call airport police to come and check the gun it must have it own box. The police will check and issue a special sticker to the box and you hand it at the counter and that is all. When you come to ISLAMABAD AIRPORT it will come same as all luggage you just pic it up and walk out. If they do ask let them check it( 10.00) and you go home.
SH TARIQ UK.
thanks for the first to the point answer

haji
29-10-2011, 01:00 PM
thank u all members specially sheikh tariq br.
if will be able to get 1 from usa i will inform all of u!
regards

Birdshooter007
15-12-2011, 09:47 PM

I've got some info for you all.
The process for bringing an airgun from USA to Pakistan in your luggage is easy, I was of the opinion that it is possible, but some members weren't.
Well, you have to go to the airport at least 2 weeks prior to your flight, fill in a form (mention the kind of airgun, accessories you are carrying, # of ammo/pellets, etc), and deposit it with the airport authorities.
When you go to the airport for the flight, pack your airgun in your luggage, get it sealed, or whatever, and down it goes into the plane's fuselage.
Hope it helps and your queries are rightly answered.

khan Hamdan
15-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Thanks all for value able inputs i have a questionSHIEKH TARIQ from UK that from where can i purchase a airguns in Landon or pellets i want to buy from there and bring to pak

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
16-12-2011, 02:32 AM
SALAM KHAN SAAB.
I am in BIRMINGHAM Please phone me on ***** and I will try my best to help you.
SH TARIQ UK.

Mod Edit : Bro please do not write your cell number on open forum .

armoured
16-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Pak Gunners,

I am not quite sure about the procedures outside of Pakistan, so I will take the word of Chaudhry as good advise, but when you reach Pakistan with the airgun, things are not simple anymore.

Recently one of my friends bought a DIANA 350 Magnum .177 Cal from UAE, and so far he could not find a way to bring it to Pakistan. As per the information which he has received from some one in Pakistan Customs is that you need to be a member of a registered sports club / body in Pakistan or in the country from where you are carrying the airgun. This sports body / club needs to issue a letter in favour of the person carrying the airgun that he is authorized to import the airgun for sporting purposes.

What happens now with my friend will be known in a couple of weeks, as he has no such membership and currently he is in UAE and will travel back to Pakistan in a couple of weeks. I will update on this forum whether or not he manages to bring the airgun to Pakistan without any problem.

Another of my friends, based in Germany who happens to be an "Airgun Doctor", and is a professional match player recently brought an FX Royal with him to Pakistan, and he was talking about the long procedure he had to go through in Germany to get permission to export the airgun out of Germany temporarily, as he intended to take the airgun back with him on his return from Pakistan. I noticed that there was an A4 sized sheet on his airgun case, with his club membership details and exact flight itinerary. Since he did all the paper work in Germany, he had no problem with Pakistan Customs. Based on this, we can deduce that there might not be any problem if you are a member of a sports club outside of Pakistan.

For those looking for importing an airgun into Pakistan from Canada, please note that in Canada, all airguns having muzzle velocities over 500fps are licensed, and the procedure is too complex to export a licensed gun outside of Canada.

As for the airgun pellets, I got around 4kg of different pellets from Canada recently, which were in the luggage and no one even bothered to check these at Islamabad airport, perhaps due to the over crowding at the airport due to Hajj Flights or some other reason.

Birdshooter007
16-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Armoured bro,
There are many PG members who have brought airguns from Dubai (Al-Sayad), it's mentioned earlier in this thread also. My uncle also got one. There is no problem after landing here as I have heard.
Customs should only bother if one is getting his airgun to Pak. via some courier.. Be ready to give at least 1 similar airgun's price to them. LOL!

armoured
16-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Chauhadry Bro,

This is good news, atleast for my friend who is dying to get his 350 mangum from UAE. I will share this thread with him to give him confidence....

:)

khan Hamdan
16-12-2011, 03:51 PM
hamdan.ahmed62@yahoo.com SH TARIQ UK contact me plzzz

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
16-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Khan Saab I have sent you a email.SH TARIQ UK.

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
16-12-2011, 11:03 PM
KHAN SAAB I have sent you email.if you want to contact me I did send you my phone no.
SH TARIQ UK.

khan Hamdan
16-12-2011, 11:12 PM
call you tomorrow

jawadenv
20-12-2011, 07:11 AM
This discussion is very informative and interesting..
How about buying the gun online from some website and getting to Pakistan by shipping?
I do not know much about it but I wish to get one Marauder 0.22 (or 0.177 CAL?) from USA, and just reading all post to see any posibility.

Birdshooter007
20-12-2011, 08:23 AM
This discussion is very informative and interesting..
How about buying the gun online from some website and getting to Pakistan by shipping?
I do not know much about it but I wish to get one Marauder 0.22 (or 0.177 CAL?) from USA, and just reading all post to see any posibility.
Purchase from some website, with your or someone else's credit card which works abroad. Pay for the delivery too and give them your address if you live abroad or some relative's, who is living there. After some days/weeks it will be delivered and then you can come to Pakistan and bring it along or when your relatives come here they can get it along (If their luggage is not too heavy)

jawadenv
21-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Sorry I could not mention clearly..I live in Pakistan.
If I order a marauder while living in Pakistan using credit card from some website and ask them to send me by shipping (from USA to Pakistan home address)..will it work?

Naveed_pk
21-12-2011, 12:32 PM
@ jawadenv No bro it will not work . You are only allowed to carry airgun in your personal Baggage .

Regards

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
22-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Sorry I could not mention clearly..I live in Pakistan.
If I order a marauder while living in Pakistan using credit card from some website and ask them to send me by shipping (from USA to Pakistan home address)..will it work?
SALAM BHAI.
Can I ask why you want that gun?
There a lot of other guns available I think you can not buy from any web site and have the airgun delivers to PAKISTAN.do you have any relative or friend living in UK maybe they could buy a airgun for you and take it to PAKISTAN.if nobody else can do this for you let me know and I will try to help you the best I can. SH. TARIQ UK.

SHOTGUNNER
22-12-2011, 04:31 AM
good topic specially people who wants to bring there air guns from abroad it is vary informative subject for them.anyway shekh tariq sahib what is the price for HW95 over there.

shakeel durrani
22-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I've got some info for you all.
The process for bringing an airgun from USA to Pakistan in your luggage is easy, I was of the opinion that it is possible, but some members weren't.
Well, you have to go to the airport at least 2 weeks prior to your flight, fill in a form (mention the kind of airgun, accessories you are carrying, # of ammo/pellets, etc), and deposit it with the airport authorities.
When you go to the airport for the flight, pack your airgun in your luggage, get it sealed, or whatever, and down it goes into the plane's fuselage.
Hope it helps and your queries are rightly answered.
great info ch bro,
source? from some officials or relatives???

jawadenv
22-12-2011, 01:45 PM
One of my relatives is in South Korea. Are these air guns (especially Marauder ) is available in South Korea?

SHIEKH TARIQ UK
22-12-2011, 05:15 PM
good topic specially people who wants to bring there air guns from abroad it is vary informative subject for them.anyway shekh tariq sahib what is the price for HW95 over there.
SALAM BHAI.
The HW95 is a very nice airgun do want to know the price for new or second hand?
Google Blackpool airguns and on there web they have a full range of airguns .that should give you a good price range.SH.TARIQ UK.

Birdshooter007
22-12-2011, 05:59 PM
great info ch bro,
source? from some officials or relatives???
Officials or relatives doesn't matter, but what I have written is the OFFICIAL way to bring an airgun to Pak from America. The process is much easier if it's some other country.

Birdshooter007
17-09-2012, 09:02 AM
In another thread (I can't find it right now) I expressed concern over the carriage of pellets from JFK to Pak..... as a relative who refused to bring them before simply stating "We have a friend (Pakistani) in NYPD and he says that'll put you in trouble).
Just put them in your bag and bring here, nothing else. And no restriction on scope, you can get yourself a 1-40x60 aswell :D

Saad4k
24-03-2013, 07:00 PM
Any update?
Can any one help if one wants pyramidair airgun (because of lesser costs) to be brought here?