PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy Problems Diana RWS Model 56 TH

AzamAgha44
24-09-2011, 11:40 AM
i have recently bought a RWS 56TH, but having broken two scopes i finally mounted a Hawke 2.5-10X, with 42 mm lens on a RWS one piece lock down mount. i am an experienced air gunner having owned RWS 34, 35, 45, 54, Weihrauch HW 77 etc. despite having ensured that nothing comes loose and using a bench rest with RWS Meisterkuglen (wadcutters), Crossmen Premiers and JSB Exact (heavys) i always end up throwing periodical 1 to 1.5 inches groups after several sessions of one holers at 15 m. at my wits end, i turn to you for help.

Birdshooter007
24-09-2011, 11:52 AM
1. keep the gun in a fixed position.
2. see which pellets give you the most accuracy with your gun.
3. Do not hold the gun tightly with your left hand but keep it ON your left hand for better groupings in springer.
Thats all I could help

Umair Bhaur
26-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Apparently the loose stock screws may be the culprits. Don't think that Hawke scope will be doing fine. 54 and 56 are worst for scopes. Hawke normally does not hold POI.
I would never had advised you for 56. Every costly thing is not supposed to be better.
If this gun had been 54 you could compare your groups achieved by scope with groups achieved by open sights. If open sights groups be better then scope is not holding POI. But now you cannot judge anything.
Change the scope and test. I can suggest you better scopes for this gun.

AzamAgha44
29-09-2011, 12:01 AM
thanks bro, i ve checked all nuts and bolts are tight. i just dont want to suspect my brand new scope even though i think it could be the culprit. any suggestions regarding scope selection including its availability in Pakistan would be welcome.

Apparently the loose stock screws may be the culprits. Don't think that Hawke scope will be doing fine. 54 and 56 are worst for scopes. Hawke normally does not hold POI.
I would never had advised you for 56. Every costly thing is not supposed to be better.
If this gun had been 54 you could compare your groups achieved by scope with groups achieved by open sights. If open sights groups be better then scope is not holding POI. But now you cannot judge anything.
Change the scope and test. I can suggest you better scopes for this gun.

Mehdi
29-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Have you tried using RWS super H-Point pellets.Or probably your gun needs breaking in.

Skeeter60
29-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Scpoe ring screws, base screws can be the culprit.
Air Rifles are known to eat scopes for break fast due to the whip lash recoil. Only a good scope meant for air rifles can withstand this.Try a Leupold Rifle man scope which is their model designed for .22 and air rifles and also not as expansive as the other scopes.

Umair Bhaur
29-09-2011, 02:46 PM
thanks bro, i ve checked all nuts and bolts are tight. i just dont want to suspect my brand new scope even though i think it could be the culprit. any suggestions regarding scope selection including its availability in Pakistan would be welcome.

(vortex-diamondback-4-12x40-ao-riflescope-v-plex-reticle) is the only scope which has the ability to withstand the extreme double recoil of Diana 54 and 56TH.

The scope price in US$ is 349. Its not available in Pakistan. You would have to get it by some means from USA or UK.

Another model which has the similar capability is Vortex (Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire) scope. The price is 249$ in US.

No Hawke scope is capable. Even some Leoupolds dont sustain that recoil. The only problem in Pakistan is that if even the best scope fails, it becomes difficult to send the scope back for warranty claim.

I suggest you not to try any more scopes. It is better to invest only once rather than throwing money for cheep scopes.

There is one more thing which I feel is even better than scopes. It is "Williams FT-TK-AG Peep Sight". You might have never used or seen one but the accuracy with these sights is amazing and is just like 4x scope. The good thing about the peep is that there is no chance of its failure. Its price in US is 85$. You would have to get developed front sight rail to add a Williams Firesight.

The choice is yours. Above mentioned scopes or peep sight. Scopes can fail but peep sight never.

I am confident that the scopes I have recommended have the ability to hold POI in the best possible manner on 54 and 56TH.

AzamAgha44
02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
My deliverance came through an unexpected source. Out of sheer desperation I dismantled the gun and suddenly I saw that one of the steel washers was missing from (two steel washer rubber sandwich) on one end of the floating mechanism. This caused the gun to slide back on a slant during its recoil phase, instead of regular parallel slide back. this was causing shifting of aim as the rubber washer kept on getting compressed on one side instead of being securely sandwiched between two washers. I simply replaced the missing washer and bingo. now I am getting 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 40 yards, and one hollers at 15. Thank you all very much for your help and concern.....

Junaid86
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
My deliverance came through an unexpected source. Out of sheer desperation I dismantled the gun and suddenly I saw that one of the steel washers was missing from (two steel washer rubber sandwich) on one end of the floating mechanism. This caused the gun to slide back on a slant during its recoil phase, instead of regular parallel slide back. this was causing shifting of aim as the rubber washer kept on getting compressed on one side instead of being securely sandwiched between two washers. I simply replaced the missing washer and bingo. now I am getting 1/2 to 3/4 inch groups at 40 yards, and one hollers at 15. Thank you all very much for your help and concern.....

Congrats!! that calls for a treat!! :)
did you zero your pistol as well?

Trajan
02-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Congrats Brother AzamAgha44! review soon? :)

Mehdi
02-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Congrats Bro Azam Agha 44 for finding out the cause of inaccuracy in your Diana.I must say that is sloppy work by them.I sold my Diana 45 for the same reason excessive vibration and weight.

Umair Bhaur
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM

Dear,

Its good that you have achieved good results by putting a metallic washer to make the rubber sandwich. In fact in T06 54 and 56TH, only one washer comes in the rear slide. In T06, the length of sliding rails is a bit more than T05. The angle of rails is also different, hence the washer is not given.

Mine works accurately without additional washer.
So I assume that this did not help you. Rather the reassembling of the gun helped you.
The other thing which could help you is adjusting the tightness of float of the slide mechanism. If you remove the rear stock screw, you can insert an L-key to tight or loose the sliding mechanism of 56TH.

Good luck

mughira
11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
i have recently bought a RWS 56TH, but having broken two scopes i finally mounted a Hawke 2.5-10X, with 42 mm lens on a RWS one piece lock down mount. i am an experienced air gunner having owned RWS 34, 35, 45, 54, Weihrauch HW 77 etc. despite having ensured that nothing comes loose and using a bench rest with RWS Meisterkuglen (wadcutters), Crossmen Premiers and JSB Exact (heavys) i always end up throwing periodical 1 to 1.5 inches groups after several sessions of one holers at 15 m. at my wits end, i turn to you for help.

brother please tell me that from where you bought "diana rws56" and in how much price?? i am also willing to buy it, how does it work??

mughira
11-05-2012, 11:05 PM