PDA

View Full Version : Most important information regarding Diana airguns (Please do read)

Umair Bhaur
08-09-2011, 10:44 AM
1. Diana started outsourcing barrels for 34 and 350 magnums during last few years. All those guns having 12 Land barrels which are outsourced from other countries like China. Diana factory makes only 8 Land barrels.

You can check your gun, whether its barrel is made by Diana or by an other manufacture.

2. Diana left the practice of getting outsourced barrel in 2010.

3. Diana scopes are not made in Germany. These scope are made under licence of Diana company. These are made in some other country like China but with very good quality control. These scope meets the purpose very well.

4. Diana scopes have the guarantee of only 2 years.

5. With magnum guns and fixed barrel guns, Diana give guarantee only if Dampa mount is used.

6. Almost all new Diana airguns come dry from the factory.

7. All new Diana guns which come dry from the factory change their behavior positively if properly greased and lubed inside the guns. Be careful as improper greasing can destroy the internals of the gun.

8. Stock screws must be checked at some reasonable intervals as if these are loose, the accuracy may not be guaranteed.

9. T06 triggers may be adjusted to one's like. Only the 2nd screw in the trigger blade is suggested to be very slightly adjusted.

10. In Diana 54 airking, the sledge (anti recoil system) can be adjusted. The best adjustment is one where the action remains locked upwards till the gun is given a slight jerk. With a slight jerk, the action should come backwards.

11. The best pellet weight is between 13 Gr. and 16 Gr.

12. It is difficult to shoot with magnum airguns accurately (except 54) unless and until a proper lube tune is made.

13. 48, 52 and 54 models' springs have relatively short life. The spring break after approximately 6000 pellets fired.

14. There are even better springs available in the USA market

15. The best Tuning kit (Spring+ Guides) is made by JM Maccari which costs around 80$. This spring and guide makes Diana 54 and any other Diana gun much more smooth and easy to shoot. Also these springs do not break.

16. For airguns, only airgun rated scopes should be used.

17. Hawke scope are also considered good for airguns. AGS Cobalt from Webley is also a good option.

18. Always keep your scope optically centered to achieve best results and to enhance the scope life.

19. Never use mineral based oils or mineral based grease in internals of airguns

20. Peep sight is one of the best options if you want some other means (other than scope and open sight) to shoot accurately.

21. Never fire an airgun without a pellet.

22. If a magnum airgun is fired without a pellet, the gun may be ruined and may never be repaired.

23. For short range, match type Wad cutter pellets work fine. For long range Dome shape is good for hunting.

24. Crosman Premier is one of the best low cost pellets

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

s.cheema
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
thanks for sharing

sights
08-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow info Umair bro, thanx for share

Mastermind
08-09-2011, 04:48 PM
nice information thanks

Birdshooter007
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks for sharing this much 'vital' information for Diana airgun owners.
Although Diana was one of the top-notch airgun manufacturer in the past, it's quality has gone down the drain without any doubt. There are flaws in many parts of newer airguns and paying a huge sum of bucks for an airgun of this quality is simply un-bearable for me now. If paying +/-50k for an airgun, I would strongly recommend other more outstanding brands such as Weihrauch.

Ameer
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM
v nice share

wasifali89
08-09-2011, 08:58 PM
no 22 is strange

Aquarius
08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Very nice.. thanks for the share.

Umair Bhaur
09-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Dear All,

Following is e-mail from Diana Germany in response to my question about Diana 4x32 scope for Diana 54 Airking. Diana says that Diana 4x32 scope is not adequately strong to bear the double recoil of 54 Airking for long time. In view of Diana's following response, I would suggest Major Sahib and all the members to request the shopkeeper who has got Diana 4x32 scopes, to also import Diana 4-16X42 AO and the DIANA 6-24x42 AO scopes for such magnum guns.

Diana 4x32 scope is available in Lahore. But for all those who have not yet purchased it, I would suggest not to purchase this model. Rather all should seek Diana 4-16X42 AO and the DIANA 6-24x42 AO for Diana Magnum guns.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Dear Mr. Umair,

we recommend to use the 4-16X42 AO or the DIANA 6-24x42 AO because the 4x32 is not strong enough to be used on the DIANA 54 AIRKING.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
DIANA
Mayer & Grammelspacher GmbH & Co.KG
- Abteilung Verkauf / sales department -
Markus Glück

Kommanditgesellschaft - Sitz Rastatt
AG Mannheim - HRA 520206
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
DIANA Verwaltungs-GmbH
Sitz Rastatt - AG Mannheim - HRB 520829
Geschäftsführer: Martin Zedler

Umair Bhaur
09-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Diana 460 is much superior to 350
Dear Sir,

I have used both the guns. I have also studied a lot on both the guns. I can suggest you with quite authority that 460 is better. The recoil is less than 350. The power is more than 54. Its very stable. Very accurate. For scopes, it gives less harm.

350 can be tuned into a smooth gun but 460 is smooth out of the box and with some tuning the smoothness can be improved.

Its not recoil less like 54 and 56 but it is not difficult to shoot accurately with this gun. The weight is much less than 350, hence for hunting, it is a good gun.

I would say if you have to chose between 350 and 460, 460 is the clean winner.

If you have to choose between 460 and 54 then you have to consider the weight of 54 and its recoil less system. Its your choice.

Regards,

Umair

Trigger_happy78
09-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info bro. Very helpful.

Umair Bhaur
20-09-2011, 10:55 AM
No technical person regarding Diana airguns is here? In fact I thought to give some knowledge to all the members. But it appears that most of us just want to shoot. Why dont we understand that for the maintenance of Diana airguns, we have to learn a lot about these guns.

No practical questions came. If we dont love our airguns, we cannot keep them in good hunting condition.

Please do think and come up with specific questions please.

Mehdi
20-09-2011, 11:28 AM
I am a great fan of Dianna Air Guns,I still have my first Diana 23 cal .22, made in West Germany, was in working condition till a few years back , trying to get some parts like main spring, piston assembly, breach seal etc.I also have a Diana 35 cal .22, these guns are reliable and last long.At one point of time I also had the 45 with me, but it had lot of vibration and very heavy.I had to part with it

My question is why should a new gun need tuning ? it should be ready out of the box.Apart from the break in period. The new ones in the market Gamo for instance are very light easy to handle, no vibration and dead accurate.I am thinking of buying a gamo whisper these days.

taha
20-09-2011, 11:45 AM
...I am thinking of buying a gamo whisper these days.

When you do that please share your reviews with us. Eagerly awaiting pics and review from your side in advance!

Umair Bhaur
22-09-2011, 06:48 PM
I am a great fan of Dianna Air Guns,I still have my first Diana 23 cal .22, made in West Germany, was in working condition till a few years back , trying to get some parts like main spring, piston assembly, breach seal etc.I also have a Diana 35 cal .22, these guns are reliable and last long.At one point of time I also had the 45 with me, but it had lot of vibration and very heavy.I had to part with it

My question is why should a new gun need tuning ? it should be ready out of the box.Apart from the break in period. The new ones in the market Gamo for instance are very light easy to handle, no vibration and dead accurate.I am thinking of buying a gamo whisper these days.

Dear Brother,

First of all I thank you to come up with a question.

As you know that all over the world, the cost cutting procedures are being applied. The most important factor in cost cutting is reducing the required time for assembling a product.

In 1980's and prior to that period, all Diana airguns were properly lubed before departing from the factory. But After 90's the work force in Diana factory was drastically reduced. This was done in order to cut the cost. There are always some drawback of cost cutting.

In case of Diana we find that now the guns come from the factory bone dry. Also no de-burring is found in internals of the guns. The spring ends are not properly polished.

All those Diana guns which produce 1000fps and more in .177 caliber and more than 700fps in .22 caliber reacts if they are dry. There is a lot of vibration in these guns. And if we use 350 magnum out of the box, it is very much difficult to shoot accurately because of non-lubing.

As the new piston seals are self lubing, Diana left lubing whole the gun while the main spring, guides and piston skirt needs to be properly lubed for smooth firing cycle.

There is no need to lube the piston seal of New Diana guns rather oiling new seals will destroy the seal.

In USA there are specialized companies who make better springs and better guides for Diana guns. Normally people in USA purchase Diana gun and remove original spring and replaces it with the specialized springs of some other companies like Jim Maccari.

This makes the guns very much smooth and accurate.

Even if we dont change the main spring proper overhauling and lubing improves the guns behavior.

Birdshooter007
19-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Dear All,

Following is e-mail from Diana Germany in response to my question about Diana 4x32 scope for Diana 54 Airking. Diana says that Diana 4x32 scope is not adequately strong to bear the double recoil of 54 Airking for long time. In view of Diana's following response, I would suggest Major Sahib and all the members to request the shopkeeper who has got Diana 4x32 scopes, to also import Diana 4-16X42 AO and the DIANA 6-24x42 AO scopes for such magnum guns.

Diana 4x32 scope is available in Lahore. But for all those who have not yet purchased it, I would suggest not to purchase this model. Rather all should seek Diana 4-16X42 AO and the DIANA 6-24x42 AO for Diana Magnum guns.

Regards,

Umair Bhaur

Dear Mr. Umair,

we recommend to use the 4-16X42 AO or the DIANA 6-24x42 AO because the 4x32 is not strong enough to be used on the DIANA 54 AIRKING.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
DIANA
Mayer & Grammelspacher GmbH & Co.KG
- Abteilung Verkauf / sales department -
Markus Glück

Kommanditgesellschaft - Sitz Rastatt
AG Mannheim - HRA 520206
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
DIANA Verwaltungs-GmbH
Sitz Rastatt - AG Mannheim - HRB 520829
Geschäftsführer: Martin Zedler
Is 4-16X42 AO adequate for 350magnum and will it stay zeroed consistently? Or should I buy a Bushnell 6-18X50 recoil and shock proof scope.

Umair Bhaur
21-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Is 4-16X42 AO adequate for 350magnum and will it stay zeroed consistently? Or should I buy a Bushnell 6-18X50 recoil and shock proof scope.

As per my understanding, Diana scope is more rugged than Bushnell.

Trajan
21-10-2011, 06:46 PM
i have seen plenty of "BUSHNELL" branded scopes, range finders and spotting scopes in China for dirt cheap. The glass is not very clear when compared with better quality glass. Surely they can't be too good?

Umair Bhaur
22-10-2011, 08:30 AM
i have seen plenty of "BUSHNELL" branded scopes, range finders and spotting scopes in China for dirt cheap. The glass is not very clear when compared with better quality glass. Surely they can't be too good?

Yes you should not lose money for those Bushels. Bushels Elite 4200 can do the job.

Birdshooter007
22-10-2011, 12:10 PM
So I can either get a Diana 4-16X42AO or a a Leapers 5th gen 4-16X50AO scope, the later one being more economical and as effective as the diana scope.
Can you paste the link of the mounts preferred?
Thanks

Umair Bhaur
25-10-2011, 10:10 AM
So I can either get a Diana 4-16X42AO or a a Leapers 5th gen 4-16X50AO scope, the later one being more economical and as effective as the diana scope.
Thanks

Dear,

The best mount is "Sportsmatch AOP 55". This mount is made in UK. It is completely adjustable for Elevation and Windage. Hence it keeps the scope perfectly optically centered. It compensates for barrel droop also. Hence it gives the best results in Diana guns.

You can just write the above mentioned name and model in search engine and get the complete information.

I have got one of these mounts and it is the best. It was recommended to me by one of my friends in USA.

Umair Bhaur
25-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks

Avoid Leapers. The quality of this company has been deteriorated for some time. each one out of three is defective out of the box.

aam434
25-10-2011, 06:21 PM
How about the RWS lock down mount built specifically for Diana Air Rifles?

Umair Bhaur
25-10-2011, 07:24 PM
How about the RWS lock down mount built specifically for Diana Air Rifles?

Dear,

Almost all Diana airguns have inbuilt barrel droop. The droop in every Diana gun is of different degree. RWS has developed the one piece mount with a thumb rule that certain models of Diana guns will have certain barrel droop but it is not the perfect rule for Diana guns. The mount which I have suggested is also well praised in USA. I think Beeman company sells this mount under their name. The quality of Sportsmatch AOP 55 mount is that it is adjustable. What ever be the barrel droop, it will adjust. In some of the guns there are problem of misaligned scope rail, but this mount also adjusts it.

I think this much will help you decide.

haji
25-10-2011, 10:41 PM
@Umair Bhaur
can u guide that if any one can bring an air rifle from USA in checked in luggage,i am looking to buy some accessories and an air rifle through my relative coming in next month!

Birdshooter007
25-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Avoid Leapers. The quality of this company has been deteriorated for some time. each one out of three is defective out of the box.
Hearing this for the first time. Just search Leapers 5th generation scopes, you will find out how tough and effective they are. Anyways, thanks for your insights.

Umair Bhaur
29-05-2013, 10:32 AM
1. Diana started outsourcing barrels for 34 and 350 magnums during last few years. All those guns having 12 Land barrels which are outsourced from other countries like China. Diana factory makes only 8 Land barrels.You can check your gun, whether its barrel is made by Diana or by an other manufacture.2. Diana left the practice of getting outsourced barrel in 2010.3. Diana scopes are not made in Germany. These scope are made under licence of Diana company. These are made in some other country like China but with very good quality control. These scope meets the purpose very well.4. Diana scopes have the guarantee of only 2 years.5. With magnum guns and fixed barrel guns, Diana give guarantee only if Dampa mount is used.6. Almost all new Diana airguns come dry from the factory.7. All new Diana guns which come dry from the factory change their behavior positively if properly greased and lubed inside the guns. Be careful as improper greasing can destroy the internals of the gun.8. Stock screws must be checked at some reasonable intervals as if these are loose, the accuracy may not be guaranteed.9. T06 triggers may be adjusted to one's like. Only the 2nd screw in the trigger blade is suggested to be very slightly adjusted.10. In Diana 54 airking, the sledge (anti recoil system) can be adjusted. The best adjustment is one where the action remains locked upwards till the gun is given a slight jerk. With a slight jerk, the action should come backwards.11. The best pellet weight is between 13 Gr. and 16 Gr.12. It is difficult to shoot with magnum airguns accurately (except 54) unless and until a proper lube tune is made.13. 48, 52 and 54 models' springs have relatively short life. The spring break after approximately 6000 pellets fired.14. There are even better springs available in the USA market15. The best Tuning kit (Spring+ Guides) is made by JM Maccari which costs around 80$. This spring and guide makes Diana 54 and any other Diana gun much more smooth and easy to shoot. Also these springs do not break.16. For airguns, only airgun rated scopes should be used.17. Hawke scope are also considered good for airguns. AGS Cobalt from Webley is also a good option.18. Always keep your scope optically centered to achieve best results and to enhance the scope life.19. Never use mineral based oils or mineral based grease in internals of airguns20. Peep sight is one of the best options if you want some other means (other than scope and open sight) to shoot accurately.21. Never fire an airgun without a pellet.22. If a magnum airgun is fired without a pellet, the gun may be ruined and may never be repaired.23. For short range, match type Wad cutter pellets work fine. For long range Dome shape is good for hunting.24. Crosman Premier is one of the best low cost pelletsRegards,Umair Bhaurfor all new members of this forum.

Jibz
29-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Umair Dear
A million thanks for sharing these details. They are very helpful indeed. Reference to our telephonic conversation a while back, those were just the 1/8th of my queries. hahhaha. Stay tuned to be interrupted and called upon again and again. Cheers.

adam
29-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Dear brother Umair,
Very informative discussion here.
My question is about application of grease to the spring.

1. Do you recommend application of grease to the main spring, I have seen that it does decrease the vibration.
2. I could never found molly grease in the market, so, I used SYNTHETIC GREASE used for automobiles. ( Guard company, multipurpose synthetic grease).

Please give your opinion, any other grease which can be available from market?

Umair Bhaur
29-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Umair Dear
A million thanks for sharing these details. They are very helpful indeed. Reference to our telephonic conversation a while back, those were just the 1/8th of my queries. hahhaha. Stay tuned to be interrupted and called upon again and again. Cheers.

You are welcome any time except when my boss calls me. (one never knows when his boss willl call!)

Cheers

Umair Bhaur
29-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Dear brother Umair,
Very informative discussion here.
My question is about application of grease to the spring.

1. Do you recommend application of grease to the main spring, I have seen that it does decrease the vibration.
2. I could never found molly grease in the market, so, I used SYNTHETIC GREASE used for automobiles. ( Guard company, multipurpose synthetic grease).

Please give your opinion, any other grease which can be available from market?

Heavy tar should be applied on spring. Heavy tar is very thick grease of black colour. Because of thickness of grease, it does not moves into the compression chamber of the gun.

Ordinary grease is not recommended.

Normally no mineral based lubricant should reach the piston head otherwise it will cause dieseling which is harmful for the gun, spring and seal.

adam
29-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks Umair brother for the prompt reply.
I know of a black colored grease used in the C-V joints of vehicles available in the market.
Can you please specify a brand name or how I can buy it from the market, is this C-V joint grease, a heavy tar grease?
Thanks.

Umair Bhaur
29-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I know of a black colored grease used in the C-V joints of vehicles available in the market.
Can you please specify a brand name or how I can buy it from the market, is this C-V joint grease, a heavy tar grease?
Thanks.

"Spring tar is black and real sticky it's made by Lubriplate and it's called Gear Shield extra heavy, this is what I and also Maccari sell as spring tar. Over here it's only 5 bucks for a 10.5 oz tube. it's made for the open spur gears on punch presses."

Some people use CV joint grease but be sure that it should be very thick

Umair Bhaur
29-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Thanks.

Mr. Macarri's tar is basically open gear lube grease for big open pit mining shovels.
BUT, when Herman Weihrauch was asked in 1984 about his lubes he admitted that it was a mixture of Shell Aliva 2, Avina Oil and additives - BUT- the additives were proprietory.
Mr. Macarri has done his homework.
A 55 gallon barrel of his base ingredient is quite cheap.
The additives he is using are probably inexpensive.
His knowledge and experience from years of developing the exact mix of the product are priceless.
I just tune and fix airguns for a few local dealers and friends, BUT, I do know that his lubrication ideas are good,