PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Man Shoots his Privates; Proves We Should All Use Holsters

auto_boy
27-08-2011, 02:37 AM
There’s a story that has been circulating around the Web for weeks now with a rather gruesome headline: Arizona Man Shoots Himself in Privates. It’s the last thing any firearm owner wants to read about.

Joshua Seto, 27, tried securing his fiance’s pink handgun in the front waistband of his pants while exiting a local convenience store and the gun fired, striking Seto’s manhood and continuing through his left thigh. It’s not a pretty picture.

I know it goes without saying that this readership uses holsters. I would hate to think someone out there gets their tactics from Hollywood or a music video, but I have seen this situation in the article above and keep hearing about this happening. When I was a Police officer in Prince Georges County, Md., I received a call for a gunshot victim that just checked into the local hospital. Upon my arrival, I learned the alleged victim was a guy that actually shot himself while putting a Glock 19 in his waistband.

Even with a holster, if you choose to carry a firearm in what is known as the appendix position, the risk of creating this injury is still present—especially if you have to draw or holster while sitting. There are instructors and firearms enthusiasts out there that swear by this position, due to its level of concealment and speed of draw. I can respect that, but I do not advocate the position. In most personal defense situations, we have to give up something in order to get something. I do not like the safety trade off for speed and concealment. I may just have mental baggage based on my experiences with these type of injuries, but I feel that under extreme stress we run too high a risk of bobbling something.

After it is all said and done, it comes down to personal choice and how you train. I have no doubt the carry position is great with training, but most just do not train enough. I, for one, don’t want to see anyone shoot themselves in the groin or femoral artery. Stay Safe!

courtesy : gunsandammo.com

regards

auto_boy
27-08-2011, 02:40 AM
QUESTION : Is it possible by any way to fire accidentlly if gun is holstered but not chambered ? i am more concerned because i usually carry my gun same as that guy did :S :P

Ap@ch3
27-08-2011, 02:50 AM
bro you just answered your own question... one shouldnt carry like that if new to fire arms as men are called men for whats down there and shooting IT isnt a good idea unless some one wants to go for a S*X change operation :)

auto_boy
27-08-2011, 02:52 AM
^ LOL you are right..but my gun is never chambered ... i will only load it when i intend to fire

Ap@ch3
27-08-2011, 02:55 AM
thats the best thing to do if an external safety isnt there on the gun ... safe and happy shooting bro ...

Faisji
27-08-2011, 03:16 AM
QUESTION : Is it possible by any way to fire accidentlly if gun is holstered but not chambered ? :P

NO There has to be a round in the chamber

Faisji
27-08-2011, 03:26 AM
Being aware of exactly what you are doing is always important when being around firearms but once in while people with even a high level of training and awareness can get it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE

Sooner or later we all will have a negligent discharge lets hope it's down range with a controlled weapon rather than something down our pants.

Moeen
27-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Salam All,
These types of incidents are quite common abroad - I remember reading in Combat Handguns an article about two southern fellow hunters in the US not using their full IQs. Upon winding up their hunting trip they both got in their Chevy Blazer and started their journey home. Somewhere along the journey the electrical fuse in their Blazer shorted. The fuse box in most of these early trucks is located under the steering wheel a little to the left. Well rather than removing one of the other fuses they took out a .22 lr round and put it in the circuit, started the truck and drove off. A little time later the round discharged and shot off the driver's left testicle; and hence them getting into a vehicle roll over.... When I read this I was on the floor laughing. These guys also didn't use common sense.

colt 1911
27-08-2011, 12:05 PM
well that is something,we men would never want it to happen

Trigger_happy78
27-08-2011, 12:43 PM
@ colt 1911
None of us would like that bro, but the safest way is to carry a weapon unchambered.

HussainAli
27-08-2011, 12:45 PM
^ LOL you are right..but my gun is never chambered ... i will only load it when i intend to fire

Dear Auto Boy, Now thats the Safty Locking System I was trying to tell you on your other thread which is present /Clone in Cougar 8000.

Regards

Furrukh
27-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Dear Auto Boy, Now thats the Safty Locking System I was trying you on your other thread which is present /Clone in Cougar 8000.

Regards

I like your mind mapping techniques Hussain bhai.

Furrukh
27-08-2011, 03:41 PM
I only speak keeping my Big, Black Beauty in mind. It has a slide as well a trigger / hammer lock. I would carry it un-chambered with the safety on. It will just take an extra second to push down the safety lever and load the BIG BLACK BEAUTY.

auto_boy
28-08-2011, 05:27 AM
I only speak keeping my Big, Black Beauty in mind. It has a slide as well a trigger / hammer lock. I would carry it un-chambered with the safety on. It will just take an extra second to push down the safety lever and load the BIG BLACK BEAUTY.
THATs exactly whats on my mind even my gun has a decocker but i never use it with a round in chamber.. first i cock the empty gun and decock it this way it gets locked and cant be chambered any further ! it will only take few secs to press the decoker lever and load it up.. :)

M.ASIF KHAN
28-08-2011, 08:09 AM
use common sense or you are not able to use your testicle. lolo

Furrukh
29-08-2011, 04:56 PM
THATs exactly whats on my mind even my gun has a decocker but i never use it with a round in chamber.. first i cock the empty gun and decock it this way it gets locked and cant be chambered any further ! it will only take few secs to press the decoker lever and load it up.. :)

But aren't you without a gun these days as you sold your CF 98 ????

Furrukh
29-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Hahahaha well said Asif Khan

Ameer
30-08-2011, 11:01 AM

HaHaaaaaaaa

Kamran_uk75
30-08-2011, 03:04 PM
What's the safety level of a TT with a round in chamber and locked via half cocked hammer?

M.ASIF KHAN
30-08-2011, 05:29 PM
What's the safety level of a TT with a round in chamber and locked via half cocked hammer?

sir may i ask what a level of emergence that you half cocked the tt .
but if you feel you are in danger full cocked the TT

Nazim Sahib
01-09-2011, 06:23 PM
The safety level isnt v high,dropping it may cause a discharge.

Nazim Sahib
01-09-2011, 06:26 PM

The safety level isnt very high,a drop could be enough to cause the gun to fire.Just keep a round in the chamber when absolutelly needed NOT as a habit.

khurramdool
02-09-2011, 02:58 PM
I installed a manual safety even on my Glock19 though I know it has tri internal safeties.
This is Siderlock cross bolt.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?5677-Siderlock-on-my-Glock19&highlight=

marlin vs
02-09-2011, 06:51 PM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/188955-1/Paintball_gun_demo.gif

M.ASIF KHAN
03-09-2011, 05:41 AM
http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/188955-1/Paintball_gun_demo.gif

nice link but sorry for that poor guy lol