PDA

View Full Version : Holster for Cougar

CougarMan
23-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I have been looking all over the place for a good OWB/belt holster for my Cougar and not been able to find the right thing (prefered leather) or finding them too expensive here in KHI.

Well on a whim I found and ordered from http://www.shado.com/ the Shado holster is in leather and cost me $35 + shipping (use your credit card safely). It arrived in 10 days, and fits the Cougar (it is made for specific guns) like a glove. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a leather OWB holster. And they deliver to Pakistan!!!

BendingBullets
24-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the link! I bought a local holster for my Stoeger but I am far from satisfied.

How much did you pay for shipping? and did you choose Beretta Cougar as your gun make?

AK47
25-04-2009, 02:15 AM
What more items they deliver to Pakistan? And did you do your transaction via Paypal?

AK47
25-04-2009, 02:28 AM
Btw, Cougarman, could you have some pictures posted of your holster? I went to the extent of having the holster order made from Mardan. Purchased good quality leather@ 250, paying the guy in Mardan PKR 1000, totalling 1250. Gave him a sample of a Saddler holster I liked and told him to make a copy of it. You know, we have the best hand-craft people in Pakistan, and we also have the best leather, just give them the idea and get your required item made. I also asked him to "foam" the interior of the holster and then coat the foam with soft cloth, as I feel pure leather in humid weather may discolour my gun. Just some ideas for you, if you need more holsters!

CougarMan
25-04-2009, 09:55 AM
They charged approx $20 for shipping/tax etc. They sent it via registered mail, so do keep in mind that it takes about 10-15 days to arrive, and is in a regular brown parcel. Hopefully no one will pilfer it!!! That's a chance you just have to take. :)

And yes, choose Beretta Cougar for the gun make/model. Use your credit card, they have a secure website.

Don't have any photos but if you go to the website you can see it, its the Shado Leather Belt Holster. Its really very good quality and is fitted for specific weapons. It fits the gun like a glove. Highly Recommended.

Glocky
25-04-2009, 02:22 PM
i recommend Galco, Their Yaqui style holster fits the cougar like a glove. They also ship to Pakistan. You might find a larger range of holsters with them. The fobus holsters for the beretta px4 also fit the cougar perfectly.

CougarMan
25-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I went to the Galco site as per your recommendation earlier Glocky. Other than the Yaqui slide type they don't have any others for Cougar users. I wanted a leather pancake type.

If you are interested in Fobus, DAAD has them for the Cougar, but I was not very impressed by the quality or retention. It's also a paddle type which sticks out quite a bit. And he was asking Rs. 4000 for it which is a bit much!!!

Glocky
25-04-2009, 02:55 PM
@ CougarMan, already got one

CougarMan
25-04-2009, 02:59 PM
so what do you think of it? give us a review!

Glocky
25-04-2009, 03:11 PM
I have always found fobus to be of very good quality, true they are plastic, but ask any glock owner and most will swear by it being the best holster for glocks. The retention can be adjusted by the screw on the trigger guard (in this case i'm refering to the cougar holster), so no issues with retention, IMHO

I know some members are not too enthusiastic about israeli products hence i'll keep any further of my opinions to myself

regards

CougarMan
25-04-2009, 03:16 PM
ok, thanks Glocky!!!

BendingBullets
25-04-2009, 06:34 PM
That Fobus one looks nice too. Anyone knows if its available in Lahore?

tarzen81
26-04-2009, 11:20 PM
@Cougerman . . . I ordered an executive schaduler book :) hope it arrive safely!!

CougarMan
27-04-2009, 06:17 AM
as mentioned above, my holster arrived in about 10 days. they should send you an email after your order has been processed, and you can write back to them to confirm that it has been shipped.

good luck!!!