PDA

View Full Version : Licence and a Permit.

megabass89
21-04-2009, 10:13 PM
I am a new comer to this website and I have to say it is very informative. I need info on how to get a permit for a Handgun and will it allow me to carry it with my person at all times.

Thankx.

Glxspk
21-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.

There are threads @ Clubhouse belaboring such issues. You will find them for your kind perusal.

megabass89
21-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Glxspk bhai I have searched all through but cant find the answer to my question. I wan to know can I carry a hand gun with me with a license or with a Permit and how much are they made for and are they hard to have made.

Ka_Khan
21-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes you can carry your Gun on a License.Permit is needed when sec 144 is imposed.You can find relevent information on the sec 144 threads.

Balazona
22-04-2009, 08:12 AM
U need a concealed carry permit with ur license as well.

AK47
22-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Balazona... There are all conflicting reports on this issue, just watch your's as well as brother Ka_khan's. I have to say, I am more inclined towards Ka-Khan, but even your comment may be right. I, therefore, to get rid of this confusion, want to go for this concealed carry permit to end my doubt. How is it procured, what are the requirements, whom should I contact over here in ISB, and how much cost is involved? Btw, if you know about any agent over here, who could help me to make the process easier, plz let know.

Balazona
22-04-2009, 09:10 AM
I applied myself to Home Department in Lahore.i dont trust those agents coz mostly permits made by those agents r Fakes.and there is not any fee for that concealed carry permit if u apply directly to the Home Deparment.

AK47
22-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Mine is a MOI. To whom should I direct my application? The DCO or some authority within the MOI? If the latter, plz name the concerned authority/department within MOI.

Balazona
22-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I think Firepower can assist u better in this matter.i live in Lahore and i applied directly to Home Department.and permit is issued on Home Deparment letterhead.

Striker1
22-04-2009, 09:30 AM
"Are they preparing to fight? 15,000 licences for fire arms issued "

By AAMIR MAJEED - Business Recorder 22nd April 2009

KARACHI (April 22 2009): Sindh home department has issued as many as 15,000 licences for fire arms to Pakistan People's Party loyalists from Sindh Home Minister's quota only, violating its own directives against issuance of licences for maintaining peace in the province.

It is the highest number of arms licences issued by the provincial home department to party workers from home ministry in a short span of a year to arms political activists to teeth, a source at Sindh Home Department (SHD) told Business Recorder on Tuesday.

Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah approved the summary on August 11, 2008, which was submitted by Home Minister Sindh Dr Zulfiqar Mirza, to lift the ban on the issuance of licences for possessing fire arms. Prior to the imposition of the ban, the Sindh Home Department had issued as many as 85,000 licences in the past five years.

After the lifting of ban, a large number of political workers of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) visited the department for the issuance of arms licences on home minister's quota, the source said, adding that an increase has been recorded in sales and purchase of arms from authorised dealers, which had now reached an alarming stage," he said.

According to the source, a large number of people have been visiting the department with applications in their hands, which are approved by Sindh Home Minister Dr Zulfiqar Mirza. "A race has started amongst the activists of different political parties in the province for possessing licensed arms," he said. The source said it seemed that the home department had suddenly turned into a licence-issuing factory for legal arms. He said: "Now it has become a routine matter that the department would receive a list of successful candidates recommended by Dr Mirza".

He said a number of people from interior Sindh also visited the department. These people, the source added, carried with them the letters from the MNAs and MPAs of their respective areas. "Most of the licence forms, which were received by the department, made claims for providing security to the MNAs and MPAs of the area concerned," the source said.

The source said: "The department has issued licences to private security guards of many MPAs and MNAs of Sindh owing to prevailing law and order situation in the province, but many of them are not strictly using their licensed weapons for the purpose mentioned in application forms".

"Many fire arms acquired through licences are used for confronting political rivals," the source said. The source showed reservations over the issuance of arms licence to the political workers and expressed a fear the process would drastically disturb balance of power in the province.

AK47
22-04-2009, 09:46 AM
The Source is one big piece of junk! Admitted, indeed, that issuance of new licences is record-high, if you compare it to the past eras. Actually, the governments of past, in my opinion, issued LOW, and it was hard for ordinary citizens to acquire arms for personal/home defence. The genuine demand, especially in view of the current law and order situation, may be the present one, hence more licences! Remember, this cannot aggravate the law and situation, in my opinion. Culprits, dacoits, killers, terrorists, and all other forms of negative elements DO NOT APPLY FOR LICENCES. They use unlicenced Desi TT's and Desi Auto weapons! If law and situation needs to be controlled, government should allow setting up, and set up by itself, more legally manufacturing quality arms- factories, and stop the illegal trade in the agencies, so that only authorized people buy from authorized dealers! The issuance of new licences, no matter how high, got nothing to do at all with deteriorating law and order situation. Thus, the so-called SOURCE is one amount of low quality cow-dung!

Omkhan
22-04-2009, 10:36 AM
I disagree. Here licenses get issued without any background check & anything. There have been instances that licenses were recovered from criminals. Pay 18-20K & u will have uour license. No check, no investigation nothing else. Ordinary criminal ofcourse wont go for the license but those who can will go so that they can get away if police spots them with weapon.
I am all for red tapes being removed from the procedure of license issuance but I would like to see it clean, properly checked & hard/tough for criminals to get one.

Issuance of licenses to political party workers with impunity is a big no no & we all know that what could be its "side" effects.

AK47
22-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Agreed, no background checks, and agreed that there should be background checks. However, when these groups enroll new elements within their gangs, these newcomers don't necessarily have criminal records! In those cases, even background checks won't come up with anything. I would still maintain that 95% and majority of crimes involving weapons are committed by non-licence holders and weapons acquired from illegal markets!

AK47
22-04-2009, 06:13 PM
Btw, even people with some forms of criminal backgrounds should have the rights to acquire licences. Suppose, someone before acquiring a licence happened to shoot someone in pure defense, went behind bars, served his period there, got released and wants to lead a humble and normal life, should these procedures prevent this person from ever being able to keep a licenced weapon and be able to protect himself in the future? Is his life less precious as such, that it doesn't need protection under prevailing law and order situations? How about people having committed other forms of crimes, not involving murders as such, say i.e. financial crimes, embezzlements, corruption, etc and have attained a criminal background, but are leading totally normal lives ever since then, should this"background" prevent them from protecting their lives for as long as they live, or prevent them from pursuing their hobby, if they have a hobby for weapons, suppose? I don't mean to engage a basic rights issue here, nor is it the forum for that, just some reflections in my mind, when we talk about "backgrounds" and checks!

Omkhan
22-04-2009, 06:15 PM
I am certainly not denying that but arming the political workers have only 1 reason no matter that & that is to take on rival party's worker. It is evident in whole country in general & karachi in particular.

AK47
22-04-2009, 06:17 PM
O.K..... brother Om Khan.

Ka_Khan
22-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Coming back to license and Permit....
I used to get permit (paying Rs 50 and valid for 3 months) back in early 90's for sec 144 as people say you never know when is it imposed.My uncle got one for his AK extended to 1 year.
All Pb need permits to carry.No need for a Npb permit to carry as you have a legal,authantic license given by the Govt of Pakistan to have a weapon.If the license was just to keep in your home safely then there was no need.It is clearly mentioned on it that it is for Protection.
Apply for permits guys and lets see what is written on it.

AK47
22-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Ka_Khan bro, your comment again puts me to rest. Can you have it verified from the DCO office in Peshawer? I mean, maybe things have changed, so an official statement would end this confusion about permits and licences. My logic says permits would not be needed, at least for NPB, and I have stressed it clearly on many threads in which this question has been raised, but if somebody could exert himself a bit and ask the DCO office directly, perhaps this discussion could come to an end. Could you?

Sohail Waheed
22-04-2009, 09:55 PM
@megabass89, Kindly read this thread this will help you a lot.

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=536

AK47
22-04-2009, 10:02 PM
That thread does not mention about double need, licence AND Permit.

Ka_Khan
22-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I will get the info from our DCO soon...advice to other members to get similar info.

AK47
22-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks Ka_Khan, I'll see if I could get info from here in Wah, or from Islamabad.