PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

Hamdan Khan
16-07-2011, 12:27 AM
Dear all members plzzz guide me which oil is best for my air gun Diana 350 magnum to protect from Rust ...... any body have idea about ( birchwood casey) Wd40 can do damage to my gun

Denovo87
16-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Hamdan brother, wd40 or the similar products are not recommended for airgun internals as their regular used on rubber/silicon seals g=make them hard and prone to break. You can use a small amount of these through a rag on externals to prevent from rust but best oil for an airgun internals is silicon oil.

"King Of Kings"
16-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Hamdan brother, wd40 or the similar products are not recommended for airgun internals as their regular used on rubber/silicon seals g=make them hard and prone to break. You can use a small amount of these through a rag on externals to prevent from rust but best oil for an airgun internals is silicon oil.

+ 1 sir,,,,,

regards,

Hamdan Khan
16-07-2011, 02:30 PM
From where i can get silicon oil plzzz guide me......

taha
16-07-2011, 04:25 PM
From where i can get silicon oil plzzz guide me......
I read on PG somewhere this oil is available at places where they do repair of 'photocopy machines'. If you find a suitable location please update us so we may all benefit.

"King Of Kings"
21-07-2011, 12:37 AM
you can also find this oil with the sports shops, they use it to lubricate Treadmills(running machines).it is very good lubricant,,

regards,

LionHeart
21-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I read on PG somewhere this oil is available at places where they do repair of 'photocopy machines'. If you find a suitable location please update us so we may all benefit.

Yes Taha: You are very right It was me who finally found this silicone oil from those shops where they sell different parts/replacement of Photocopy Machines. (Location in Rwp is near China Market/College Road)

@King Of Kings: Brother My experience is different/negative, at that time I had try many big sports shops in Rwp/Isb specially treadmills shops but couldn't find from them. (Once I saw it in blue area, it seem to be local made by its bottle/labeling and the guy was asking Rs. 600/- for it TOO MUCH for that little bottle so I left it)

Finally found it at photocopier's shop in much better/clean looks @ Rs. 90/-

"King Of Kings"
21-07-2011, 03:30 PM
@ lion heart,

bro i bought one treadmill almost 4 months ago and got one bottle of silicon oil with it,,,,
but you are right it can be hard to find this oil saperately,

regards

LionHeart
21-07-2011, 04:01 PM
@ lion heart,

bro i bought one treadmill almost 4 months ago and got one bottle of silicon oil with it,,,,
but you are right it can be hard to find this oil saperately,

regards

@KOK: Brother with your this post you make it even easier for those people who are looking/searching for silicon oil ..... So Over to all those needy and specially to "Hamdan Khan" Buy a Treadmill so you will get a bottle of silicon oil FREE .... Lol :)

"King Of Kings"
21-07-2011, 04:15 PM
@ lionheart

bro i didnt mean it that u need to buy a tread mill to get this silicon oil,,,,,,

regards,

LionHeart
22-07-2011, 08:25 AM
@ lionheart

bro i didnt mean it that u need to buy a tread mill to get this silicon oil,,,,,,

regards,

Brother I know what you mean ..... I was kidding :)

"King Of Kings"
23-07-2011, 01:40 AM
thats ok buddy

regards,

samhassnn
23-07-2011, 10:07 PM
@ Hamdan khan

I would advise you not to put any type of oil "even if its silicon oil" into the compression chamber of a springer airgun. also when cleaning the barrel put a couple of drops and make sure you thoroughly clean the barrel with a patch and rod till no oil is left on the patch. For the exterior of the gun just moisten a rag or if you have silicon wipes just wipe it leaving only a thin coat of oil to keep rust off. The reason for not putting oil in the compression chamber and barrel is that when the piston is going to slam forward in order to propel the pellet it will come into contact with the oil and cause combustion better known as dieseling this will render your o-rings useless and leaving a thin coat of oil on the gun rather then a heavy coat will make it easier for you to cock the gun plus it will not cause swelling in the stock. as long as you follow these rules you can use any oil from the cheap 20rs sewing machine oil to the most expensive one available.

cheers,

Hamdan Khan
23-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks a lot dear .......

LionHeart
25-07-2011, 08:49 AM
@ Hamdan khan

I would advise you not to put any type of oil "even if its silicon oil" into the compression chamber of a springer airgun.

@samhassnn: No hard feelings brother; you above advise is right upto 50% (in bold) but let me correct you with rest of it. You can use pure or good quality silicon oil into a compression chamber of any springer but 2 to 3 drops ONLY and it will not make any dieseling effect . I use it regularly in my Shadow 1000 every after 1000 shots. This is my personal experience at-least with my Shadow 1000 this silicon oil is working positively.

Regards,

samhassnn
25-07-2011, 09:12 AM
@samhassnn: No hard feelings brother; you above advise is right upto 50% (in bold) but let me correct you with rest of it. You can use pure or good quality silicon oil into a compression chamber of any springer but 2 to 3 drops ONLY and it will not make any dieseling effect . I use it regularly in my Shadow 1000 every after 1000 shots. This is my personal experience at-least with my Shadow 1000 this silicon oil is working positively.

Regards,

no hard feelings at all, I like to listen to what people do to maintain their possessions, but having shot air rifles all my life I have come to learn alot of things some of them I wish I had never done. Well you are right it is alright to put oil in the compression chambers of some springer air but lets not generalize that to all of the airguns available.

I have also learn't that an air rifle is a great example of "you get what you pay for" and an air gun is perfect for what it was designed for right out of the box there are some modifications that can be done however its better that the avrage joe doesn't attempt them
having done experiments of all sorts on my airguns I would not recommend it the rest is up to them.

LionHeart
26-07-2011, 08:41 AM
no hard feelings at all, I like to listen to what people do to maintain their possessions, but having shot air rifles all my life I have come to learn alot of things some of them I wish I had never done. Well you are right it is alright to put oil in the compression chambers of some springer air but lets not generalize that to all of the airguns available.

I have also learn't that an air rifle is a great example of "you get what you pay for" and an air gun is perfect for what it was designed for right out of the box there are some modifications that can be done however its better that the avrage joe doesn't attempt them
having done experiments of all sorts on my airguns I would not recommend it the rest is up to them.

Brother I respect your opinion and agreed with you as well that one thing is not for everything different air rifles have different requirement in modification/maintenance but one should check/search what is good for his particular airgun before trying anything like it.

I shared my personal experience here but I myself have read/search many international airgun forms regarding maintenance issues/stuff before adopting this silicon oil/maintenance thing.

Nice to have this little conversation with you.

Regards,

s.cheema
26-07-2011, 12:57 PM
How should I clean the oiling inside the barrel of a new airgun?

taha
26-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Edit: Misunderstood context of question. Sorry...

LionHeart
27-07-2011, 09:57 AM
How should I clean the oiling inside the barrel of a new airgun?

@S.cheema: Just pull through or push through clean cloth patches (cotton cloth) so the excess oil will be removed from the barrel.

P.S A very thin layer of oil should be remain in the barrel.