PDA

View Full Version : Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening!

Survivalist
12-07-2011, 02:19 PM
It was in my mind since long to put survival equipment & gadgets (i.e. collected over a long time)to test. A two weeks leave is finally approved and am packing for some adventure + photography trip to Northern Areas. I will go to Peshawar for shopping of some desired items like Tactical Axe, USMC Dagger, Boots, A better hoslter for PT99, extra mags of 92FS for conversion into PT99 mags etc from Sitara Market.

For time being a picture of gadgets & equipment (excluding clothing, jacket, head gear, bags, camera, laptop & vehicle) is presented here.

JawadKhanJadoon
12-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Superb collection bro..

Survivalist
12-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Thankyou Jadoon bahi.

s.cheema
12-07-2011, 02:52 PM
a very nice collection

SalmanHusain
12-07-2011, 02:58 PM
lol!! you even have imported aspirin can i ask why r u carrying Advance Multimeter??
well an excellent collection, plz also upload the pics after return
good luck for safe journey!!!

Survivalist
12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I am into electronics & embedded systems a bit, thats why I keep my hardware along to tackle any kinda machine. Imported medicine are better QA and these came from an open first aid box. I shall be updating in intervals Insha Allah.

bbiillaall
12-07-2011, 03:13 PM
nice kit bro to carry.

It really remembered me JOHN RAMBO, lol.

good luck for the journey and keep posting pics wherever u will get to internet excess.

SalmanHusain
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
one of my friend is also in electronic stuff!!! and very rarely he even like guns.
will be looking forward to your update.

Silent killerr
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
@Survivalist, i am interested in camping with some friends in near future. can you tell me what minimum equipments are required for good camping.

Trigger_happy78
12-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Nice kit bro, best of luck with ur journey.

zainulabdeen
12-07-2011, 05:25 PM
this is really an ideal time to go to northern areas . where do u plan to go survivalist ?.... i have been roaming around there extensively too . skardu . dusai planes, shigar, , satpara, lower kachoora ( Shangreela) upper kachoora, hashoopi, gilgit, hunza, niltar. i have been all there . i was surprised when, while going to gilgit , from skardu by road , we haulted at a place called Sasui. sasui is the name of a nnoble lady whose love for her land is magnificiently praised by great poet Shah Abdul lateef Bhitai

Aquarius
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Excellent show.. great items for survival indeed.. best of luck for your trip to the Northern Areas Survivalist brother.
Please do share some photos of beautiful valleys.

Ameer
12-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Are most of the little useful stuff (made in sitara market).

Survivalist
13-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks everyone. I started journey tonight and updating from M2 Sial Mor using my cell phone. Final destination is not set yet, Sawat, Gilgat and Naran, all options open.

No, many gadgets are imported directly like Signal Mirror, Southord Lockpick set, Surefire G2, Panasonic FT2 etc, and note that Equipment bought from Sitara market is ORIGINAL stuff and not cheap chinese copies. Sleeping bag is not in pics but acompanied. Will check for tent from Gown House.

Basic Camping requires stuff for shelter like tent and sleeping bags, lighting like tourches and camp lights, power backup, fire, food, water purification, cooking, ruck sack, first aid kit, clothes and shoes etc. Will update in detail later. Regards

Denovo87
13-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Great preparations Survivalist bro, have safe journey & keep updating us all.

Anthrax
13-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Outstanding collection. If there's anyone on the forum that deserves to be called a 'Survivalist', you're it!

"King Of Kings"
13-07-2011, 02:16 AM
A beautiful collection indeed, have a very safe journey and enjoy your trip.get more and more pics and share with us,,

regards,

Ameer
13-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Have a safe journey, waiting for updates.

Survivalist
14-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Brief/13Jul11: Visited Sitara Market, bought a MK 3 Mod 0 Navy Seal Knife, A Surefire U2 Ultra LED Tourch, Velcro Industrial 15' length, A GE Extension Wire, Dust Off, Goody Scissor, Pure11 Hand Sanitizer, Surefire G2 Bulb assembly, Mud Brown Camo Creme Mackup & a Grappling Hook. Searching for Tora Bora boots, Bats boots seen somewhere but it was market lunch time + loadshdding and severe humid/warmth so set to leave without. Also kept Tactical Military Axe kit on pending. AH

Naveed_pk
14-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Excellent stuff survivalist bro :) and thanks for updation !!

Survivalist
14-07-2011, 02:40 PM
ISB/14Jul11: Visited Gown House, looking for tent etc. Bought an all weather Hoppes 9 oil for 790. They are selling a rucksake made in USA by black hawk for 18 grands!, a good thigh holster made by gown house for 2200, korean crossbow pistol for 7500, Hoppes .22 cleaning kit for 4500. I have arranged/disributed gear and stuff in managable/carryable and practical way in rucksack, camelback bag, in vehicle and large bag for stuff not needed to carry on foot/track. Consulting book "DK The Survival Handbook" pdf verion, very informative among all 100s GB survival data/information I have.

Survivalist
14-07-2011, 02:43 PM
A very interesting thing I forget to mention earlier is that there is a bazar on right side lane of emirates hotel/namak mandi in Peshawar where 7-8 shops sell desi Ghulails/Sling shots. I bought three of best available, one is embriodered! practical and rugged. Will post pics soon.

shoaibnadeem
15-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Very nice collection bro. Finally i have met someone who is in electronics and guns at the same time :) enjoy your journey friend.. Tc

Jillanik
15-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Great collection Sir ! Don't think u need anything else

zainulabdeen
15-07-2011, 02:14 PM
though i dont have pics here to b uploaded bt i wanna share some interesting things that i observed during my extensive trip to northern areas.....

(1) there is a glacier , visible from the town of Skardu ( at western side , if my memory serves me well ). that glacier is called " Gaan Singhe " which means " the Lion of Ice/ snow " in balti language . i was surprised to learn , when a local friend of mine told me that such glacier is a " pet" or domesticated " or " paltoo" glacier. before that i thought only only animals and birds to be domesticated , but never heard or imagined a glacier to be a domesticated one . on my request to solve the mystery of domestication of the glacier , he told me , that the high altitude areas of the valey of skardu faced dearth of irrigation water , thus their forefathers brought big pieces of " Yakh " means ice from a " Narr" or male glacier and , in the same manner , the pieces of " yakh " were also brought from "Maada" or female glacier too ,( when i asked as to what was the criteria of declaring a glacier as a male or female one , he just told me that their fore fathers had since declared some of them to be male and female glaciers) and both pieces were put at that place , followed by a treatment of dripping water on them from locally made sacks of leather and , as he told me, that treatment lasted for several years , till finally , the glacier " gaan singhe" took the roots . i was also told that this is not the only pet or domesticated glacier , but there are several others too, that were brought up in same manner

(2) i saw the magnificent animal called yalk and i also saw a strange looking animal there, it was not a cow , nor a goat neither it was a buffalo . it was some thing in between them , with a low height and hair on its body. i was served with its milk and yogurt which was tasty. than i was told that such strange looking animal is a cross breed of male yalk and female cow and it is locally called as " ZO"... i thought that , "ZO's" father , the magnificent yalk , must have been very ashamed of producing such meek looking progeny:D

Survivalist
15-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Great collection Sir ! Don't think u need anything else Yes I do, currently on list are, Mountaineering Boots (BATS, ALTAMA, WELLCO or Delta while Daner RAT or Belleville may be available), Tent, Matress, Cot, A Holster, Custom Bag for SA22, Hammock, Machatte, Utensils & Burner & Camp Light. Today I bought a readymade solid fuel burner from Metro Isb for 500 only. Picked my fishing rod from a friends residence and dropped all unnecessary items to lessen weight at my temp residence in Isb. Due to awkward condition of vehicle decided to take Naran++ rout. Checked from a cousin in PTDC, informed that PTDC NARAN is full and cost effective is to stay at camping site!

Avais
16-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Its more than a survival kit. Congratulation for having almost everything. Wish you safe and happy tour.

HUNTER1
16-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Very nice collection for usage. Thanks for sharing.

Ameer
16-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Wish to be you at some adventure.

Survivalist
17-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks everyone, today I bought the finl items including a VANGO tent, MOLLE holster and some other stuff, still missing boots Wellco or Daner seen at Afghan Market Hashat Nagri, Peshawar in better condition than Sitara Market but price double.

Survivalist
17-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Tent by Vango, one of the world’s leading tent manufacturers, and is designed to withstand extreme temperatures, high winds and heavy rainfall. Internally, tent has privacy partitions that allow recipients to divide the space as they see fit.

Kamran_uk75
17-07-2011, 02:19 AM
How much u paid for the VANGO tent?

Survivalist
17-07-2011, 11:27 PM
I bought it for 15k.

TYR
18-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Survivalist, bro a list of these belongings would be nice. im trying to fix myself a bug out bag and a smal survival kit. so, it will help me out. once the list is ther, I 'll start asking you other pertenent questions :)

TYR
18-07-2011, 12:27 PM
BTW Survivalist,

and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep...

;) my all time fav poem. God bless!

Survivalist
22-07-2011, 12:34 PM
It was two days journey from Islamabad to Naran, stay in tent there, to Jalkhad next morning and from there return to Islamabad. Suzuki Mehran performed well as well as the tools & gadgets used during trip. Shot a video of travel from Jalkhad to Naran using small tripod fixed with industrial velcro on dash board.

Survivalist
22-07-2011, 12:40 PM

Survivalist
22-07-2011, 12:45 PM

Survivalist
22-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Aside from Panasonic FT2 waterproof camera, most needed tool was scissor from my Swiss Champ. Than Surefire U2Ultra flashlight.

SalmanHusain
22-07-2011, 07:48 PM
nice eco-friendly fridge!!! lol pak is really beautiful but needs a little publicity and peace!!!!

Survivalist
28-07-2011, 03:19 PM
The dagger I bought earlier this month to add to my kit;

The knife measures 10.75 inches overall, with a 6.5 inch blade (0.165" thick) which is made from 440A stainless steel and has a black Parkerized finish.

The base of the blade is marked on both sides -- one side is marked "2V376", the other side is marked "MK 3, MOD 0". The sheath is marked similarly, "MK 3 MOD 0" and "USN". The sheath features a brass belt hanger and loop, and is made of a very strong but light molded polymer, and attached is a strap for fastening the bottom of the sheath to your leg.

The knife has a straight blade. The back of the blade is heavily serrated for cutting and sawing duties. The handle is marked "USN" in the middle of the deeply checkered handle, which offers an incredible grip. The butt cap is steel, and made for hammering and pounding. It has a lanyard through the cap.