PDA

View Full Version : Guard Dogs

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 03:16 AM
What breed do you prefer & why?

Also enclose pictures of your canine companions if possible.

OHQ
19-04-2009, 03:51 AM
german shepherd the best.
http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp141/qureshi787/ks.jpg
Now you can see for ur self why.

CougarMan
19-04-2009, 11:19 AM
I like something small that makes a lot of noise. Preferably like a dachshund. The biggest advantage of these dogs are that they can stay inside the house. They are also short haired and need less maintenance, and also consume a lot less meat/food. They are very alert, and can be vicious, don't let the size fool you, they were bred for going into badger holes and fighting with them!!!

A dog inside the house has several advantages. He cannot be drugged/taken out as a dog outside the house may be. You should have several layers of defence anyway in you home security.

Abbas
19-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Rottweiler or Doberman for pure intimidation and evil :cool:

HassaanAfzal
19-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Rottweiler

Khalidsh
19-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I think the Shepers are the best for home. But not for hunting. If you want one for home then go for German Shephered but if you intend for hunting then go for Labrador.

Taurus
19-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Doberman

CougarMan
19-04-2009, 02:28 PM
the biggest problem with dobermans, rottweilers, german shepards is that if they get excited they may not recognize their owners!

I know several owners who have been attacked by their own dogs...which is not an ideal situation at all!!! And if you have children in the household etc they are not great either.

They are great attack dogs but there are better breeds out there for GUARD dogs, IMHO.

BTW, on a slightly different note (and very seriously), geese are very good sentry's too. They can be very loud and dangerous. Finally if you want the ultimate ninja animal its a male peacock. My aunt in rawalpindi had one who would hid in the trees and bushes and attack anyone he did not recognize...and he was silent. No meter readers would ever come to that house...

Osam
19-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Ive seen a Neopolitan Mastiff as a guard dog at one of my friends.

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Finally if you want the ultimate ninja animal its a male peacock. My aunt in rawalpindi had one who would hid in the trees and bushes and attack anyone he did not recognize...and he was silent. No meter readers would ever come to that house...

I knowwwwwwwwww. I have lots of peacocks at my place & I tell you THEY ARE WICKED.

Back when I was a kid I bought chick (the ones they used to sell on the road coloured) and one of them came out to be the biggest, baddest badass bully you can imagine. Used to hit anything & everything that used to cross the lawn. He was named Raju Rocket.

A battle with a moving cars tyre brought him to his demise.

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Although I love Rottweilers & Pitbulls but I personally think German Shepherd is an allrounder. It's a good guard dog. It's very very intelligent and is fun to be around.

Rotts and pitbulls are too duhhh dumb for any activity.

Ka_Khan
19-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I prefer German Shepherd for Beauty,intelligence,Obedience and alertness.
Have kept Rottweiler but became too hard to handle even it was trained by the professional so after kids have to give it to someone.
Small white Russian as they are called are also very very good for alertness.
@Glxspk...like your 'Raju Rocket' i also once bought that colored chick and when grown it used to silently come around and attacked peoples feet.Peacock,turkey and Ducks are also good for guarding perimeters.
Good topic and will help people if information is provided from where could one get good quality breed.Any idea of Army Dog houses selling the surplus?One is in Murree and one in Rawalpindi i knew.

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 03:16 PM
I think the old world german shepherds make the best guard & attack dogs for their sheer size, strength & vicousness. These new ones with slanting backs are just pansies and suchh wussssss

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Btw we humans really are wicked. We now have 2nd generation in live animals. :P

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 03:19 PM
@Glxspk...like your 'Raju Rocket' i also once bought that colored chick and when grown it used to silently come around and attacked peoples feet..

Raju Rocket used to come all noisy and making a racket like a rocket with feathers are poofed up and all.

CougarMan
19-04-2009, 03:46 PM
big dogs are just not practical in the city...they need lots of exercise and consume lots of food and make a mess on the lawn. I stand by my suggestion of a small dog, especially on that lives inside the house.

Ka_Khan: you are referring to the Russian Samoyed, which are medium sized dogs. They are bad attack dogs because most of them are pretty friendly, but good guard dogs because they are alert and make a lot of noise. They are also good with children and work well as family dogs.

One last thing. Don't get a pedigreed dog. Especially from Pakistan. Most of these have been inbred over and over again to keep the bloodline but that has caused a lot of problems, unpredictability being one of them. They may look great but internally....

Half breed or mongrel types are less likely to have manufacturing defects!

Glxspk
19-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Btw I started this breeding program with dogs when I was 14. I started hand picking the most agressive individuals from the following breeds:

1. Bully
2. Pittbull
3. Kohati Bullterrior
4. Koochi
5. Old English Mastiffs
7. Rottweiler

I started interbreeding them. The individuals that I bought for breeding were soooo aggressive that we had to use artificial methods for impregnating a female. (The male & female used to start fighting once they were let loose. Once I had a couple who were locked together from both front & rear lol)

Most of the animals that came out were strains and not impressive at all.

After 7 years of trial & error, what came out was ALARMINGLY Hound of Baskerville. LITERALLY. Almost all of my friends have seen that litter grow up and some of them shudder.

Results were .

They were 3 in the glossiest jetblack. There were 7 in total but the mother killed 4 of them.

As tall as a great dane, broad like a mastiff and fast like a Kohati bull terrier. By fast I mean very very alert & agile. They had soo muscular bodies that you could actually see triceps & biceps. LITERALLY.

They were overly & excessively agressive and very very strong. At 10 days they were literally fighting with each other in the most aggressive manner. If you try to pick them up they would bite you. By the time they were 4 months it was impossible to come near them or keep them together or with another animal so each one of them was put in a seperate enclousure with enough space. All tries to have them disciplined were futile. They would only let their handler or me come near them or pet them. When put on a leash they hand a mind of their own. You try to pull them or something answer came in the form of a bite.

One of them literally killed Punjab Champion bully in less than a minute and mawled his handler (he got 57 stitches) when he tried to get him off the dead bully. He was shot then & there.

Out of the remaining two one of them died of maggots when he hurt himself biting the steel cage all the time and it was impossible to administer medicine.

The last one was involved in an incident that I regret to date and was put down.

I do have notes for the breeding program and plan on doing it again once now that I have resources to sustain one.

I think do have pictures of them which I will post. Just looking at those evil dogs will give most of you creeps. I can seriously bet on that.

Hamid
19-04-2009, 05:24 PM
My deceased peacock (check my level of respect for the fellow) would cry a lot when ever a new face was in the house. My neighbours were pissed off by his shrill cry that came out regardless of time.

Its perfect watchbird. I am planning to buy another pair. Can any one PM me their prices in Lahore and from where i can get one?

Ka_Khan
19-04-2009, 05:59 PM
Wow....waiting for the pics....You better not go into the breeding programe again...you may come up with some alien breed that would be hard to control and could multipl by itself !

wakas
19-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Well every dog breed has it pros and cons
GSD are one of the better guard dog breeds around. Kooche are also another great breed but hard to handle.

But this breed is pure intimidation :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxjU9UhDRE

too bad you cant find Kangals in Pakistan

Abbas
19-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Very interesting Glxspk, looking forward to those pics.

Ka_Khan
19-04-2009, 07:39 PM
May be Glxspk thinking of this for his next breeding Programe..

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/1510/worldsbiggestdog.th.jpg

Mitho
19-04-2009, 08:59 PM
i have a male gsd.

Khalidsh
19-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I must disagree with the attack theory of my fellow member which he wretd about German Shepherd. These are a very intelligent breed of dogs and are known for their loyalty and defence.
Any animal he treated badly may attack but as I have kept many dogs, I must endorse German Shepherds to be the best. i give them top marks for Intelligence, playfulness, guarding, obedience and loyalty. They are very robust and easy to train too. They have good temper thus you can rely on them when the kids are with them alone.
Just give good case and attention to them and they will do anything to please their masters. Mind you they are family dogs unlike many one man dogs.

Sohail
20-04-2009, 10:48 AM
once i tried to own 'boxer' but my family turned out furiously, i really liked its body type.

regards

Bullseye
20-04-2009, 01:16 PM
German Shepards. If you want a Guard Dog at home. Nothing comes close to its loyalty and ferocious attitude when it comes to defending its home turf.
If you are in a high security situation like a nuclear reactor or a something like a prison, then a Rottweiler of Dobermann will do.

Glxspk
21-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Why Dobs or Rotts for such a facility?

Bullseye
21-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Pure Intimidation i guess.