PDA

View Full Version : Custom made holster.

kasana
24-06-2011, 01:25 AM
basic material used in this job.

COW LEATHER.
Scissor
Surgical blade
Samad bond
Marker
Magnet
And some ideas

1st,draw a gun sketch on paper,
then draw holster lines on that sketch,
then cut and place it on a leather sheet,
cut the sheet out,
n0w take another leather piece of d same size and cut again.

both of these pieces would be used at the holster base, in the middle of 1 piece,
put your handgun and place a bigger piece of leather on the upper side of it, stick with samad bond, stick on the sides lightly,
so that u can get molding n wont get any problem in stitching,
n0w cut d extra leather off,
n0w upper n base area is ready to stitch.

make holes on the sides of leather and stitch them with thread,
after stitching the outer sides, stitch the belt holes but remember do not cut befor u stitch, it could ruin your stitching and finishing,
for making a strap,
cut a leather piece of 2 inch wide n 6 inch long,
put a magnet on its front and stitch.
now attach this strap with base n stitch,
in the end attach the other base piece and stick with samad bond.
Custom made holster is ready.

kasana
24-06-2011, 01:29 AM
Custom made holster.

kasana
24-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Custom made holster.

saad-dlr
24-06-2011, 02:23 AM
Nice Share and Good Creativity.

12GAUGE
24-06-2011, 11:11 AM
great work bro. I really like the ingenuity that you have displayed here. I have one suggestion to take your project just a little bit further.

next time: try making your holster just a tab bit tighter. then dip it in cold water for 10-15 minutes. stick a pencil between your handgun's front sight and rear sight (to create a sight channel, ease in drawing) wrap your gun in a polyethylene bag. insert the gun in the holster and let it sit over night. next morning your holster will look like a high end form fit holster.

Regards.

Nisar
24-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Great work.

You stole my idea and design. I was also planning to upload my custom made holster pics.

AK47
24-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Excellent work and ingenuinty displayed. Kasana bro, specialize a bit more and set up a biz, you got what it takes. Nice suggestions by 12G bro, I'd add a soft lining as well and try making a proper thumb snap also, perhaps with magnet lock. Regards.

kasana
24-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I also wanted the same but curves dnt remain prmanently in cow leather. If i mold it after wetting it would flaten after drying.
its kept lose on the uper side so that the frnt side dznt get stuck in hostler when drawing
at the momnt the frnt side dznt get stuck no matter how fast i try to draw the gun.
a more stiff leather made from horse skin is used fr this purpos which is so hard aftr drying that it can damag th colour of regular use gun.
Im using that leather for my next holster and hav developed a mold tht wud give a better fitting.

Cow leather shows the curves n moldings but when i put handgun in it, all curves disappeare because of tightnes.

great work bro. I really like the ingenuity that you have displayed here. I have one suggestion to take your project just a little bit further.

next time: try making your holster just a tab bit tighter. then dip it in cold water for 10-15 minutes. stick a pencil between your handgun's front sight and rear sight (to create a sight channel, ease in drawing) wrap your gun in a polyethylene bag. insert the gun in the holster and let it sit over night. next morning your holster will look like a high end form fit holster.

Regards.

siqbal41
24-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice idea Bro.

Owais Hasan
24-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Dear Kasana,

Great work really remarkable.

Regards.

Owais Hasan

Topak
24-06-2011, 03:42 PM
good work kasana Sb, keep it up.

kasana
24-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Bro a magnet has been atteched to the locking strip which is joind to the slide of the gun. It firmly holds the gun so that it doesn't drop even if holster is turned up side down. the most imp thing kept in ming while designing this holster was that the guns finish may not be damaged.

another idea was to keep the gun strap free and instead fix sm magnets in the base to hang the gun. but the magnets wud hold the gun so firmly that it wud rub rashly with the cover wen drawn out. this wud change the slide clr of one of its sides within a months time. pory hard lthr or steel has not been used in the hostler so tht the handgun clr wud never change. cow lthr is so soft that i think the finish and clr of the gun will not b affected upto 5-10 years. besides, it has been stitched so firmly that the stitches wud not even tear apart even if handled roughly.

Excellent work and ingenuinty displayed. Kasana bro, specialize a bit more and set up a biz, you got what it takes. Nice suggestions by 12G bro, I'd add a soft lining as well and try making a proper thumb snap also, perhaps with magnet lock. Regards.

Waqas
24-06-2011, 05:30 PM
kasana g store shoro yeh kaam hi start kar lo :) very nice..........

Surgeon
24-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Well done Kasana bro!!

I don’t know your profession but your surgical skills are evident here... :D Stitches are looking tidy. I also like your taste of Surgical Blades….;). Altho, pic is not much clear but it seems that u are using my all time favourite “Feather” carbon steel blade # 24. Try it, if this is not the one u r using. These are very sharp and give a clean cut on skin. During surgeries, instead of making incisions with some other blade, I prefer to wait for Feather blade.

Aquarius
24-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Great work indeed kasana brother.. keep it up.

Avais
24-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Weldone Kasana brother. You concieved a good idea and did it. Congratulations.

kasana
24-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Hahaha

Bro u r 100% right.
This is 24# feather blade. Very sharp.

Well done Kasana bro!!

I don’t know your profession but your surgical skills are evident here... :D Stitches are looking tidy. I also like your taste of Surgical Blades….;). Altho, pic is not much clear but it seems that u are using my all time favourite “Feather” carbon steel blade # 24. Try it, if this is not the one u r using. These are very sharp and give a clean cut on skin. During surgeries, instead of making incisions with some other blade, I prefer to wait for Feather blade.

Surgeon
26-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Hahaha

Bro u r 100% right.
This is 24# feather blade. Very sharp.

Thanx god…. Atleast I know about the weapons of my frequent use ;)

After using this blade on cow leather, u can well imagine its performance on gentle and living human skin

kasana
02-07-2011, 12:44 AM
with some more modifications.

kasana
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
holster with some more modifications

SalmanHusain
02-07-2011, 01:09 AM
wow!! nice tallent. plz explain how to do modification???

zainulabdeen
02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
brother kasana, the gun u show in these images is baikal mp 446 all sreel version i think,,, i have this one too. but sadly dont have a suitable holster for it , neither i could make one for it as u did for urs......

kasana
07-07-2011, 10:39 PM
1st drew round a pistol on a 15mm thick sheet

this will work as our mold.

To give proper curves to the holster,
added few drops vinegar in cold water,
dipped a piece of cloth in it and made the holster wet with it.

when totally wet,
place the wooden pistol in the hostler,
tighten the socket ane leave it as such for 3 days.

Remove the hostler after 3 days and polish with a shiner.