PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Firing

Ka_Khan
18-04-2009, 12:06 AM
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/8590/eidshooting.jpg (http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eidshooting.jpg)

Are people ever struck by stray bullets shot in the air?

Popular TV show "Mythbusters" addressed this question, and concluded that a bullet shot perfectly straight in the air probably isn't dangerous, because of terminal velocity. However (and this is a big however), firing a gun straight in the air is very difficult. It's far more likely that the bullet will be shot at an angle. These falling bullets can be, and often are, lethal.
We as a sensible and Law obiding citizens of Pakistan should be against this and try our best to stop it.Below i have gathered some of the relevent clippings which would

*Police in Peshawar, Pakistan, have banned aerial firing during Eid. At least one person was killed by aerial firing during the Independence Day celebrations in August in Karachi. The Ministry for Information has disseminated images warning about the dangers in regional newspapers. Ms Akrawi applauded the move, adding: “It is important to remember that aerial firing is not a religious observance, and should therefore not be associated with Ramadan and Eid, or indeed any religious or festive occasion.”

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7786/airfire1.th.jpg (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=airfire1.jpg)
*HYDERABAD: Aerial firing creates panic
December 31, 2008 DAWN

HYDERABAD, Dec 30: Unidentified people caused harassment by resorting to aerial firing on Sabzi Mandi roundabout here on Monday night. However, no one was injured and no case was lodged by the police.

Supervising Police Officer (SPO) Site, Irfan Bhutto, said that he was on leave but he was informed by an MPA of MQM that some people had resorted to firing in Hali Road area late Monday night.

It was learnt that four persons on two motorbikes resorted to aerial firing in three different directions in the area. But luckily no one was hurt. The bullets pierced through the shutters of some vans’ stands, located in the area.

Arshad Khan, who runs Hyderabad-Badin 14-seater van service, claimed that his staff found empties inside his booking office. He said that he had informed police about the incident.

Reports said that local activists of MQM had gathered in the area following the incident which caused harassment there at around 12.30 am. The matter is in the knowledge of the police. But SHO Hali Road police station said it was a small incident. “There were some people who had resorted to aerial firing after a wedding in the area and then they fled. It was actually no incident and there was no tension in the area”, he said.

*Bridegrooms held for aerial firing

September 25, 2005 DAWN

PESHAWAR, Sept 24: The Hayatabad police on Thursday night arrested 20 persons, including two bridegrooms, under Anti- Terrorism Act who allegedly resorted to aerial firing, officials told Dawn here on Friday. Police officials claimed that SHO Hayatabad went to Sector-D in Phase-I of the township after receiving information about aerial firing during the wedding ceremony.

The police officials said that they asked the family members of the bridegrooms Amir Khan and Iqtidar, sons of Zahir Shah, to stop the firing. However, the police claimed that the wedding party members got annoyed and later about 50 persons attacked the police station. They ransacked the record room and furniture and also injured SHO Usman Khan and constable Owais.

The police locked the main door of the police station and detained 20 of the attackers, including the two bridegrooms and their brother Raza Shah.

The family members have disputed the police claim and said that the local police party headed by SHO came to their residence and asked them that they had invited some proclaimed offenders to the function and they should leave the place.

They also checked some of the guests who were possessing licensed pistols. The police also brought four of their guests to police station and charged them that they resorted to aerial firing.

The family members of the bridegrooms and some guests later went to the police station to persuade the SHO for the release of four persons. But the SHO ordered the cops to lock up the main door of the police station and detained all of them.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/928/airfire2.jpg

* Aerial firing claims youth's life
December 22, 2008 THE NATION

LAHORE - A 24-year-old youth fell victim to aerial firing at the wedding ceremony of his friend here in Shahdra area, police said on Sunday. The police investigators that Aqeel Ahmed proceeded with the wedding party of his friend Nasir to Shahdra area where some friends of bridegroom resorted to aerial firing while they were drunk outside the residence of the bride.
Resident of Gwalmandi, Aqeel Ahmed received a bullet in the head and died on the spot. The police have removed the body to the morgue for autopsy. The police have registered the case and are investigating.
Electrocuted: A 16-year-old boy was electrocuted in Kot Lakhpat area, police said on Sunday. The police sources said that Haider Ali, resident of Nishtar Colony was on his way home when he suddenly touched a roadside electric pole. He received severe electric shock and died on the spot. The police handed over the body to the deceased family.

*Aerial firing claims 4 lives separately
July 28, 2008 THE NATION
KARACHI - Aerial firing claimed four lives and injured a number of others in separate incidents here on Sunday.

A senior police official told that government had restricted the law-enforcement agencies from arresting armed political workers so police could not stop them. He further said that ceremonies of police officers and their relatives were also the major spots where aerial firing is common. Youngsters are crazy of weapons and spend a lot of amount for to purchase them, he said. In some areas political parties prefer to create horror and terror on the rival groups.

The last weekend claimed the life of an old man and wounded a little girl in two separate incidents. Sixty-year-old Dilbar Khan received bullet wounds due to the firing by some youths in the wedding ceremony of his neighbour in the jurisdiction of Mominabad police station. He was immediately taken to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital where he died on Sunday

Similarly, nine-year-old Saba, daughter of Ejazuddin, received bullet injuries when she was sleeping on the roof of her house at Korangi No 5 on Saturday. She received bullet wounds on her head and was admitted to Jinnah Medical Centre where doctors declared her condition critical. The incident took place when participants of two wedding ceremonies being held near her house resorted to aerial firing.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6149/pressclipping.jpg

AK47
18-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Good work, Ka-Khan! This is really a dangerous trend. In villages, its not that dangerous, because of larger distances between houses and more of open area, but in dense populations and in bigger cities, its definetely very dangerous. Why don't they fire in the ground or mud, if absolutely needed! I remember, and you all must have watched, the day when Punjab CM got reinstalled recently, GEO showed the street celebrations on T.V and a heavy bearded guy was shooting interval bursts wildly in the air, in the heart of heavy population!

Taurus
18-04-2009, 02:56 AM
GOOD WORK KHAN!!! I AM very against of aerial firing its unethical !!

Hamid
18-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Khan its a gr8 post. There should be a ban on this heinous practice. We all have siblings. How would it feel to lose one to a stray bullet?

Sharp Shooter
18-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I find this info by Ka_Khan extremely useful and God bless us all and guide our people towards betterment and sensibility.

Khalidsh
18-04-2009, 10:01 AM
I must add to it that I think that we all should work to establish Gun Clubs in at least every big city. Today our society lack the awareness of how to keep arms and the usage of arms. They just keep it for safety and displaying their power.
One should enjoy the power of the weapon and use it for sports as well

Khalidsh
18-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Aerial firing or no aerial firing. One should know where the bullet is going. In the picture posted by ka_khan the guy is not even looking where he has pointed his shotgun. One should be very careful about these things.
When I was a kid I used to use by uncle's .22 rifle for target practice on my as well as neighbour's coconut trees. Once caught doing that I was givn a long lecture about the range of a bullet and how badly it can harm. In those days these lectures used to look like boring long stories but today I realize the danger of even a .22 target bullet.

Balazona
18-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Good effort by Ka_Khan.btw,this issue is just coz lack of shooting ranges.ppl want to fire their guns and when they dont get any special place for shooting then they fire openly.

m1carbine
18-04-2009, 12:53 PM
the boring lectures of our childhoods have become a strong shield for our life now,Thanks to our parents,thanks to our teachers and thanks to our elders.In thickly populated cities,aeril firing is really dangerous,but in our society still we need to develop many things,still we need to develop & indtroduce a new cultrue, a culture full with respect and showing care of human rights.i agreed with the forum members,that we must develop a proper firing range or gun club,but it should be state responsiblity.

Mohammad
18-04-2009, 04:23 PM
aerial firing is very danerous. one person's happiness can cause other people there lives.

Ka_Khan
18-04-2009, 07:24 PM
.............and this is our vision...to have firing ranges in every big city where this sports could survive.Lack of ranges force the gun owners to 'check' their weapons on Eids,Basant and weddings.
I am against aerial firing and took my time to gather this information for you.
I know a case when a young female Dr was hit by a stray bullet on her head on the day of her convocation.She went to Saddar bazar with her mother after getting her Degree and was instantly killed.
Always aim at something and you should know where your bullet is hitting.

Enigmatic Desires
19-04-2009, 05:53 PM
My heart goes out to the young Dr.s family ti be cut down in the prime of life so senselessly...

How cant people forget the basic axion "WHat goes up must come down"

There is a bullet hole on the dicky of my brother's car.. The bullet did'nt penetrade but did bend hte metal..
Mewan while my friend bought a brand new city. took it home. when he came out again there was a bullet wedged in the roof of the car. it had penetrated the outer metallic skin but had got wedged into the inner one..

If that thing were to strike the human head.....................

Abu Hafs
25-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I can't believe how irresponsible this guy is, he's on a roof in a built up area and he's letting rip with full auto weaponry. What is the point? This is plain stupid and potentially very dangerous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8LLKmwq_U

Why is he allowed to get away with this? Its not as if he's out in a village miles from any big town he's in a large city (Lahore) where are the police?

Ka_Khan
25-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Just Insane...

Moin
25-05-2009, 09:43 PM
i have never fired a single shot at any occasion in the city limits, i waited for 20 years and then used the gun in the range, i think we all need to make ourselves disciplined

Abu Hafs
31-05-2009, 03:44 AM
How NOT to handle guns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs1aku9F37Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhIJOVD8hwY

Conceal Carry
31-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Excellent post KK. Unfortunately most of us don't even consider about the damage falling bullets can do. I have seen bullet holes made by falling projectiles in the roof of cars. so many die every year by stry bullets.

I have never fired a single bullet in the air. I always fire down in the soft ground, if i have to.

9mm Luger
31-05-2009, 09:59 AM
these ppl dont get checked for one reason or another or maye they themsleves are the enforcers!!

a few homes down the round from where i live lives some one from police [high up guys i suppose from the number of cars n police gaurds at his place] he had a sort of party this last thursday and boy did his gunner let of some rounds from his sarkari Klashin which was reciporcated by pistol firing by a group of somehwat drunk blokes celebrating on their roof??

I woke up because of the firing around 2 in the morning and saw them exchanging vollies with each other forroughly 5-10 mins with all police standing watching and getting amused! SAD as it is that the police wala itslelf was having a go at aerial firing..

Ka_Khan
31-05-2009, 06:43 PM
its not good :(

Acciprone
31-05-2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDBgDduFXcg

this vide is a must see it just shows a dumbass who think he is too cool..

ay_be_why
31-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I think there is a solution to this.. a three point solution, educate, educate, EDUCATE...

Khalidsh
01-06-2009, 10:38 AM
guys this video is heart breaking. Guns and kids dont mix. But this guy learnt it the hard way. I really feel sorry for the people who were even watching the same.

How NOT to handle guns

sirdneo
02-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Although it is a bad thing and it should not be practice. But it is part of our culture, we do it on marriages, child birth and other events. We should also discuss, that how to avoid injuries and killings in Aerial Firing. What are the safe methods? How can a bullet which is fired in upward direction can hurt some one?

We all know the side effects of aerial firing, but still we do it, so we should also discuss that how to perform safer aerial firing.

KageFox
06-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I fully support KK's idea of providing firing ranges. Many "test fire" newly bought weapons in the air, sometimes due to the lack of "open spaces". Test firing should always be held in a place where you know where the bullet will go if you hit, miss or if it ricochets. There should be a proper backstop. We definitely need more ranges and gun clubs to spread awareness, as knowledge is the most important of weapons if used wisely...

Irttyza
03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTLNG2toc1k

Look at what this guy is doing.
http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/lost-it/7.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Ka_Khan
03-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Thats why we are here to Educate !

A R K TAREEN
03-07-2009, 03:10 PM
I must say these are "Irresponsibl citizens" showing hieght of irresponsibility.
God bless them.

Abu Hafs
08-07-2009, 11:42 PM
I must say these are "Irresponsibl citizens" showing hieght of irresponsibility.
God bless them.

More cringe worthy irresponsibility from our Pakistani brethren.

Check it out at 5:08 our hero gets a telling off for being a total idiot. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfjCMqM7T74

Rizshu
25-07-2009, 08:18 PM
I think no one can do any thing about this issue. The only thing, which can be done in this regard, is only and only by a person who is behind the trigger. Until or unless he/she not use his/her senses there is nothing any one can do.
Till the time people are not educated about how to safely use of a firearm and proper gun handling no one can decrease the chances of fatal accidents

SAJJAD ALI
25-07-2009, 08:54 PM
if firing range is not in the city then what can we do??????

Ka_Khan
25-07-2009, 09:38 PM
if firing range is not in the city then what can we do??????

Try to form a group and then arrange gatherings.
Multan chapter is a very positive example for all of us with cities without Firing Ranges.

farazh
24-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Some time back a surgeon friend told me a pitiful story. A boy 15-16 yrs old came to emergency of my friends hospital from Bilal Colony Karachi with bleeding from right eye. Boy said he was sleeping on roof when suddenly he woke with pain in his eye and it was bleeding also. After x-ray they found a bullet lodged behind his eye next to bridge of nose.

Apparently a shot fired in the air came down, and unfortunately for the boy it hit him in the soft spot at the corner of the eye next to bridge of nose. as bullet was spent it just lodged inside and did not penetrate further, but the poor boy lost his eye because of the injury.

Please this is an appeal to all pakgun members to never discharge their guns in the air, and spread this message around so other people also know.

this is a true story I can get you to talk to my surgeon friend if you want to verify.

XMen
24-08-2009, 03:10 PM
That is so unfornate to hear that but this is fact of life and we have to face that there are people who dont know what they are doing these forum are made to educate people of weapon safety and handling so they have to behave properly when you have weapon in hand

In my opinion all weapon users who are absolute professional dont make shotting in air like that, they might prefer shooting on target or hunitng..

My sincere Sympathy to that guy and if there anything I can do tell me

Sohail Waheed
24-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I think MOD should murge this in an already open thread named Ariel Firing.

Silent killerr
24-08-2009, 04:26 PM
People fire on their roofs because in our cities like Rawalpindi, there is no firing range.

Denovo87
24-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Another reason for firing on rooftop is to let the BG's know this house is not safe to enter, i do that aswell but always try to fire downward aiming at something on the adjoining big plot, ariel firing is brutal act indeed.

Adeel Ahmad
24-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Well i do agree that Ariel firing is not right. I think that people who visit this Forum are sensible enough to understand that.
I do have another question. The story told by Farzah might be true but i saw a very detailed episode of Myth Busters about this thing and they proved that a bullet fired straight up cannot penetrate anything whether its soft or hard.
Can we have any discussion on that point.

Enigmatic Desires
24-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I dunno bout the myth busters but there is a very real dent in my brother's car when a bullet fell vertically in it.. an it as a .22 at that..

while my friend bought a brand new city. just bout it from the show room.. went inside his home. an when he came out. .. there was a .30 bullet lodged in the roof of the vehicle. it had penetrated the outer shell completely. and was lodged in the internal upholstery of the car

Adeel Ahmad
24-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Any bullet shot straight up cannot do that. Bullet shot at an angle can but not the one shot striaght up.

Mohammad
24-08-2009, 05:22 PM
i dont understand as to what is the fun in firing ur weapon in air. whenever i fire mine, i fire it in my lawn with pistol muzzle pointed towards the lawn

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 05:24 PM
guys believe it or not:

-bullets found lodged in the car chassis, broken the glass, or injured people in open air..
well all these bullets are fired on 45 Degree angle from the ground
-almost all ariel fired bullets fired on an angle higher than 45 degree approx has very less chances of penetration in any medium ..
-bullets fired at much steeper angles have literally no chance of penetration left..
reasons are logical.. think for yourself..
So after all if u feel a dire need to fire in the air, do it as much vertical UP as possible.. thanks :)

Denovo87
24-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks, Adeel & midreestaj; very informative & a quite releiving ;)

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 06:25 PM
i dont understand as to what is the fun in firing ur weapon in air. whenever i fire mine, i fire it in my lawn with pistol muzzle pointed towards the lawn

i do exactly the same, i have a secret backyard in my house, surrounded by 15 feet high walls, its a nice place to test your gun.. too bad on ears but the gun's audio signature is difficult to recognize for the sake of direction and weapon type, from anywhere far and outside.. ;P

KageFox
24-08-2009, 06:29 PM
@all: Any bullet fired straight up will not remain so for long, due to the wind factor, and hence, other aerodynamic forces.

Also check this thread:
http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1915

MHMalik
24-08-2009, 06:40 PM
If you just absolutely cannot resist the silly temptation of firing in the air kindly restrict yourself to #8 birdshot or similar 12 ga load and make all the noise that you want.

You get all the bang that will give you the perverse pleasure that you want, and the pellets lose their velocity significantly in the 50metres or so to not be AS dangerous.

Please dont fire pistols/ revolvers/ rifles etc in the air.

KageFox
24-08-2009, 07:02 PM
If you just want to make NOISE, get a phattakay wali bandook :P. WHY waste expensive ammo for making noise :D

MIdreesTaj
24-08-2009, 07:09 PM
So after all if u feel a dire need to fire in the air, do it as much vertical UP as possible.. thanks :)
i get myself re-stated here so as to get socially corrected;
In an apt OR invincible situation, you GOT TO shoot in the air, do it as much vertical UP as possible.. thanks :)
OTHERWISE in 99% cases, you will never fire in the direction where you dont know the EXACT LATITUDE AND ALTITUDE of your bullets after they end up in landing somewhere.. OK !!! :lol:

Skeeter60
24-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Aerial Firing
I thought this issue was thrashed thread bare a couple of weeks back. It is a no no.
It has been proved beyond doubt that bullets sometimes stabilize and travel downwards either point or base first specially when fired at 90 degrees . In both cases these can attain 600 ft/sec which can go through the skull of a man.
Who ensures that it is 90 degrees or 80 degrees.
Aerial Firing is forbidden the world over and is criminal

Hamid
25-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Aerial Firing
I thought this issue was thrashed thread bare a couple of weeks back. It is a no no.
It has been proved beyond doubt that bullets sometimes stabilize and travel downwards either point or base first specially when fired at 90 degrees . In both cases these can attain 600 ft/sec which can go through the skull of a man.
Who ensures that it is 90 degrees or 80 degrees.
Aerial Firing is forbidden the world over and is criminal

+1

I use to fire birdshots in air at night, but I had this bad feeling so stopped doing it .
We badly need firing ranges in Pakistan. You cant even test your gun at a remote outhouse as it will still draw a lot of attention from those living nearby.

Rizshu
25-08-2009, 12:30 AM
@Hamid the thing is that here in Pakistan we cannot get a license for pistol easily, so i wonder how come a firing range can be possiable here.:(

Ka_Khan
25-08-2009, 12:36 AM
@Hamid the thing is that here in Pakistan we cannot get a license for pistol easily, so i wonder how come a firing range can be possiable here.:(

There are lot of Firing Ranges in Pakistan the need is to find the ways to get their memberships or utilize their services.

Rizshu
25-08-2009, 12:38 AM

There are lot of Firing Ranges in Pakistan the need is to find the ways to get their memberships or utilize their services.

KK bro you are right but the ranges those are avilable are either very expensive or their registration process are too hectic that its better not to join. because every one cannot afford them.

blunderbuss
25-08-2009, 02:17 AM
i fired 8 rounds on 14 aug 09 at my home rooftop next time i will take care

Silent killerr
25-08-2009, 03:11 PM
i only used to fire no 4 and no 8 cartridge on roof.

Ka_Khan
25-08-2009, 06:24 PM
i fired 8 rounds on 14 aug 09 at my home rooftop next time i will take care

This is the way PakGuns is helping :) Educate the masses in safe handling of Guns and Ammo .

@Ilyas..thanks a lot for getting me the lost link.I was finding it in club house and offtopic.I have merged the topics.

a55kika
25-08-2009, 06:54 PM
guys this video is heart breaking. Guns and kids dont mix. But this guy learnt it the hard way. I really feel sorry for the people who were even watching the same.

How NOT to handle guns

Dude...this guy was too dead to learn anything.I saw this on Geo news.the guy died :(.May Allah rest his soul.

blunderbuss
26-08-2009, 02:10 AM
thanks brother ka_khan we need this and also there is lack of facilities for shooters,gun lovers,guns collectors in pakistan
almost none. what about this platform i wish one day pakgun members initiate to start giving facilities privately and
one day there will be shooting clubs with the name of PAKGUNS

Silent killerr
26-08-2009, 09:39 AM
if you want to fire on your roof, only fire #8 cartridge or similar bird shot at angle of 90, so it cannot harm other people. Avoid firing bullets in air

Enigmatic Desires
26-08-2009, 04:12 PM
if you want to fire on your roof, only fire #8 cartridge or similar bird shot at angle of 90, so it cannot harm other people. Avoid firing bullets in air

An after firing at 90 degrees. it wont be very smart to stand at the same place. It would be even less smart to look up to c what the pallets look like when they come down!!

KageFox
26-08-2009, 06:22 PM
A bullet can only travel in a perpendicular direction (90 deg) to the Earth's surface if:

- There is ABSOLUTELY NO Wind to speak of
- The Earth stays still in one place! (No rotation, no revolution)

I believe neither happens.

Vik
30-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Some time back a surgeon friend told me a pitiful story. A boy 15-16 yrs old came to emergency of my friends hospital from Bilal Colony Karachi with bleeding from right eye. Boy said he was sleeping on roof when suddenly he woke with pain in his eye and it was bleeding also. After x-ray they found a bullet lodged behind his eye next to bridge of nose.

Apparently a shot fired in the air came down, and unfortunately for the boy it hit him in the soft spot at the corner of the eye next to bridge of nose. as bullet was spent it just lodged inside and did not penetrate further, but the poor boy lost his eye because of the injury.

Please this is an appeal to all pakgun members to never discharge their guns in the air, and spread this message around so other people also know.

this is a true story I can get you to talk to my surgeon friend if you want to verify.
I will spread the word.

Vik
30-11-2009, 09:58 PM
thanks brother ka_khan we need this and also there is lack of facilities for shooters,gun lovers,guns collectors in pakistan
almost none. what about this platform i wish one day pakgun members initiate to start giving facilities privately and
one day there will be shooting clubs with the name of PAKGUNS

I am sure City Gov,Khi will built one soon.

Salahuddin Ayubi
01-12-2009, 08:43 AM
All the more important to keep this cause alive with New-Year Eve around the corner

JUGAN99
01-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I AM very against of aerial firing

Aamar
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Agreed :(

JUGAN99
01-12-2009, 03:13 PM
All the more important to keep this cause alive with New-Year Eve around the corner

AGREED

Malik1
01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
I think we need to rejuvenate this thread on every occassion like Eid, Independence day, Pakistan winning a cricket a match (relax on this account brothers as it has become a rare commodity but now people may start firing in air after a defeat or follow on has been averted in test match :) ) etc etc.

Zhatash
01-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Aerial firing is cheap, it reflect our social behaviour.

Ka_Khan
01-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Malik1 i agree with you.

Vik
26-12-2009, 09:58 PM
The time for aerial firing is near so I am bumping this up.
Let this thread be a reminder as to why we should all be against aerial firing.

Abbas
26-12-2009, 11:07 PM
PakGuns as a community requests all members, readers and friends to please not indulge in Aerial Firing on New Year's Eve. This request is specially for Karachi members where I've observed it's become a bit of a tradition.

It is highly dangerous and a few seconds of irresponsible behavior can take someone's life or maim them for life.

A.Abbas
27-12-2009, 01:01 AM
I believe every responsible gun holder and members of this forum must discourage the aerial firing in every aspect and should stop any such kind of practice by themselves and ones under their influence.

Salahuddin Ayubi
27-12-2009, 02:58 PM
PakGuns as a community requests all members, readers and friends to please not indulge in Aerial Firing on New Year's Eve. This request is specially for Karachi members where I've observed it's become a bit of a tradition.

It is highly dangerous and a few seconds of irresponsible behavior can take someone's life or maim them for life.

+1.

Also, it is advisable to keep your near and dear ones indoors and avoid open places between 11:55pm and 12:30am on New year's eve.

daishe007
27-12-2009, 03:04 PM
aerial firing is v v dangerous...its inhuman...it should always be discouraged

Faisji
27-12-2009, 06:03 PM

+1

There are better and saner ways of letting off some steam and firing a gun into sky doesn't prove anything but utter disregard for other's lives.

Saleemullahkhan
27-12-2009, 07:02 PM
What do you people have to say about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmsIGc-Om1k

Salahuddin Ayubi
31-12-2009, 11:56 AM
My dear PakGunners,

Today's the day to control the itch and avoid aerial firing. Let us just for a moment think of the families that might be devastated by our entertainment tonight. Let us refrain from this stupid and careless activity.

Ka_Khan
31-12-2009, 10:50 PM
+1 Salahuddin.

Abu Al Hawl
31-12-2009, 11:03 PM
right now am in my office, n since 3 years i havent did that!

Memon
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
My dear PakGunners,

Today's the day to control the itch and avoid aerial firing. Let us just for a moment think of the families that might be devastated by our entertainment tonight. Let us refrain from this stupid and careless activity.

So, finally i have done it .................. was stayed at my home while listening lot of bang bang .............. once decided to go up to participate but ..................... Thanks PakGuns ........... Thanks to Allah.

Waiting for opportunity ........................... (Insha'Allah will get in coming days).

Regards,

Anthrax
01-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Even though it's almost 2 o clock right now, I can still hear Gunshots from far away.

I've never been a big fan of aerial firing and on every New Years eve I advice my friends not to take part in this HIGHLY MORONIC activity. Instead of that, I simply had a nice piece of Apple Pie and felt bad for all the Jahils taking part in this activity.

Anthrax
01-01-2010, 12:58 AM
My dear PakGunners,

So, finally i have done it .................. was stayed at my home while listening lot of bang bang .............. once decided to go up to participate but ..................... Thanks PakGuns ........... Thanks to Allah.

Waiting for opportunity ........................... (Insha'Allah will get in coming days).

Regards,

MashAllah, now that's the spirit that defeated the Nazi Empire. No wait, it's the other way around :D But still, I'm happy for you bro. Keep it up. :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
01-01-2010, 08:41 AM
News from Karachi => 30 citizens injured during last night's aerial firing in KHI. (Source: Geo morning news)

haiderkn
01-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I normally very found of arial firing but since I joined this forum(Pak Guns) stoped the arial firing...because it is very dangerous...

Hamid
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Yesterday a family friend telephoned, saying some had fired a shot on his car at night. He had found a whole on the car's roof. When I told him that its a falling bullet, he did not believe me. Upon some convincing he understood the situation. I changed his mind otherwise he was willing to register an FIR against some people of his locality.

Faisji
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Yesterday a family friend telephoned, saying some had fired a shot on his car at night. He had found a whole on the car's roof. When I told him that its a falling bullet, he did not believe me. Upon some convincing he understood the situation. I changed his mind otherwise he was willing to register an FIR against some people of his locality.

Did you find the bullet?I had a bullet land on my old land cruiser and the bullet was sitting on the driver seat in the morning.Left me paranoid for long tome about sitting in the open.

A.Abbas
03-01-2010, 06:39 PM

Did you find the bullet?I had a bullet land on my old land cruiser and the bullet was sitting on the driver seat in the morning.Left me paranoid for long tome about sitting in the open.

May ALLAH save us all from all this.

Hamid
03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
@A.Abbas, the bullet was found in the car.

A.Abbas
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I red that and it paints a horrific picture if the bullet can penetrate the car roof, what it can do to head or any part of human body? :(

Hamid
03-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Often people sitting in their courtyards are hit due to falling bullets. Aerial firing is a dangerous practice. Should be avoided.

thegame787
06-01-2010, 02:31 PM
a solution could be the bang bullets... they create a bang much louder than a lethal bullet but doesnt have those projectiles.. i think army uses them for training. they should be supplied in market

Hamid
06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Firing in an open/empty plot is less dangerous than the aerial firing.

Usama
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM
I found a 9mm bullet on my roof and some pallets must be 4#

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
@ Usama,

I found 50+ empty shells on my roof. They were .22, 9mm and 30 bore ones. ;)

@ others,

..... and none of them were fired aerial. Target practice :)

Denovo87
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
@ Usama,

I found 50+ empty shells on my roof. They were .22, 9mm and 30 bore ones. ;)

@ others,

..... and none of them were fired aerial. Target practice :)

It doesnt seem any problem in 50+ empties on the roof if you are 100% sure where 50+ projectiles landed :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-01-2010, 09:17 PM
@ Den,

The backstop was big and thick enough to ensure that :)

Denovo87
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Thats very good, by the way I usually do the same (roof pistol range) but now I am thinking about making some economical, effective & above all safe bullet trap/stop. The thing I am thinking over is a thick (atleast one inch solid wood of any lowest quality) double layered wood board (& a box like space 6-8" between the both layers) about 6x8 feet with sand filled between the both wooden boards.
This will ensure no ricochet & will stop the projectile what ever power behind them, whats your opinoin?

And one more benefit of this bullet catcher board on the roof beside target practice, you easily can do ceremonial firing when Pakistan team wins (if they ever won any in the future :( ) ...

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
@ Denovo,

That is a very good idea.

I too had thought about using something similar, but along the lines of those wooden boxes in which import consignments generally come. They are made of 3/4 inch to 1 inch thick compressed chipboard type material (but harder than our chipboard) and are something like 2 feet wide and 4 (or so) feet tall. Fill it with sand and you have yourself something safe to practice on.

Currently what I use is 6 layers of half inch think solid wood planks (no chipboards) nailed together to form a four feet by four feet back stop. In front of it I put old directories / promotional material / old-outdated tax ordinances / etc bound together with binding tape and an A4 printout of target pasted on it. These directories, etc are generally 6 to 8 inches thick.

I've seen the 9mm chinese rounds penetrate these 6-8 inches and stopping one inch into the wooden planks (from 15 yards) while the 30 bore goes around 2 inches into the wood. I have yet to see a .22 penetrate the initial 6-8 inches think target.

On new year eve, from 15 yards, only four out of the 67 rounds fired (21 - 30 bore + 34 - 9mm + 12 - .22) landed outside the A4 target paper on the wooden planks behind it. I used eight such hard bound bundles to check the results and accordingly kept adjusting my stance, grip, breathing, trigger pull, etc.

Danny, at your factory, you must be having lots of similar wooden boxes / crates and if I remember, you had some plans to make a makeshift range there for yourself. Add to this a sand mound as supplemental backstop for further safety. That mound of sand which Anthrax, SlayerJatt, etc had created as backstop for their GTG shoot would do the job.

Denovo87
06-01-2010, 10:01 PM
@SA, compressed boards used in heavy machinery packing are very hard material so there are chances of bullet passing through shattering the chipboard, I am talking about softer pure wood of any cheaper quality it will not shatter or let the bullet ricochet. I will try in a day or two an inch thick wood to see how much power it can absorb.

9mm Luger
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
@ Den Sir excellent idea but a thin wood wont it wither away if its of low qulaity i was thinking on tthe lines maybe 50kg bags filled with sand placed in a U shape may be a better idea?

you could always get new bags when the old get shot up!!

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM
@SA, compressed boards used in heavy machinery packing are very hard material so there are chances of bullet passing through shattering the chipboard, I am talking about softer pure wood of any cheaper quality it will not shatter or let the bullet ricochet. I will try in a day or two an inch thick wood to see how much power it can absorb.

I guess you're right about those compressed boards.

However, I suggest that you try with atleast four layers of one inch thick wood, because I think a direct hit from 12-15 yards using FMJ 9mms would penetrate atleast 2 inch of 'softer pure' wood.

Denovo87
06-01-2010, 10:22 PM
@ SA Yes there is nothing like sand bags but getting them on the roof is quite a problem and secondly post shoot session mess will make me standing inplace of sand bags :)

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
@ Den,

Yes I can understand that. :) Maybe a few more pashmina shawls would take care of that too.

Waisay, the best thing is to get membership of a shooting range, which I'm planning to do real soon, Inshallah.

haiderkn
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Aerial firing caused to my uncle's car...
http://s4.postimage.org/1hhuCr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1hhuCr)

http://s4.postimage.org/1hhx6A.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/)

Starfish
24-02-2010, 10:26 AM
now we are being covered in international forums. Specially our TTs and our "wedding macho men"
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/02/23/pakistan-wedding-after-party-shooting-in-the-air/

LionHeart
24-02-2010, 03:05 PM
@haiderkn:

Alarming photos and clearly showing consequence of the return/falling bullets.

Thanks for sharing

Engineeer
25-03-2010, 10:52 AM
we have sufferd a loss of 10 year old kid cant forget that result of aerial firing............

Kakar
05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
last night, a stray bullet hit my car's roof. Car was parked inside the house.

S.A sahab, do you have any idea how much will the repair cost and should I claim from insurance.

http://s1.postimage.org/MHn29.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxMHn29)

http://s1.postimage.org/MIQkr.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxMIQkr)

http://s1.postimage.org/MK8E9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxMK8E9)

Aquarius
05-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Thats too bad Kakar brother.. if its any other part of a car eg bonnet or mudguard, then one could straight away go for a new one and claim from the insurance company.. but in this particular case you have to be very selective regarding its denting and paiting to make sure it is not obvious, which will definately affects the resail value of your car.. so better go for a very experienced dentor as well as painter and then claim from insurance company accordingly.. just my 2 cents...... :)

ALI GUJJAR
05-06-2010, 05:47 PM
@Kakar
it is good it did not get aney one.

MianTaimur
05-06-2010, 07:06 PM
@KAKAR
Dont get it spray painted bro !!
Just get the hole filled and ask any denter to do " Kalam touching on it "

Faisji
05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
now we are being covered in international forums. Specially our TTs and our "wedding macho men"
http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/02/23/pakistan-wedding-after-party-shooting-in-the-air/

Sad but also heartened to see that the "true gun affectionadoes(sp?)" are also being represented by Pakguns members.

Shariq
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Kakar bro sorry for your loss but glad that no one got hurt.
An eye opener for all Aerial Firing Enthusiasts. Just imagine what the stray bullet would do to a human.

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-06-2010, 12:18 AM
@ Kakar,

Please call me tomorrow during day time. If it's a Toyota/Diahatsu (whatever model), I'll try to get you the best repair job possible, and ofcourse, claim it. Is it Habib Insurance ?

Kakar
06-06-2010, 01:04 AM
Thansks Aquarius, miantaimur and shariq sb

Thanks SA sb.. its a corolla and insurance is Adamjee.. I will call you today.

bazkhan35
06-06-2010, 01:17 AM
@ Kakar,

Please call me tomorrow during day time. If it's a Toyota/Diahatsu (whatever model), I'll try to get you the best repair job possible, and ofcourse, claim it. Is it Habib Insurance ?

Sorry about going off the topic, a quick question, can we get the insurance on second hard cars in pakistan ? three four years old in good condition.

Sorry kakar brother for comming inbetween your post .

Kakar
06-06-2010, 01:42 AM
No problem bro bazkhan.. yes why not. you can get older cars insured. The thing that varies is the rates. Secondly, claim policy for older cars is slightly different. for e.g if a 2010 model car meets an accident and damage is of 100k then the insurace company pays the total amount. If it is a 2009 model then insurance pays 90k i.e they deduct 10% for every year. This goes on and stops at 60/40 ratio.

bazkhan35
06-06-2010, 01:52 AM
Jazalallah Kakar brother. got the clear picture :)

Denovo87
06-06-2010, 02:03 AM
These are scary pictures Kakar bro, thank God this bullet fired by some idiot n arrogant shooter didnot land on a human being..

Salahuddin Ayubi
06-06-2010, 12:11 PM
No problem bro bazkhan.. yes why not. you can get older cars insured. The thing that varies is the rates. Secondly, claim policy for older cars is slightly different. for e.g if a 2010 model car meets an accident and damage is of 100k then the insurace company pays the total amount. If it is a 2009 model then insurance pays 90k i.e they deduct 10% for every year. This goes on and stops at 60/40 ratio.

a.k.a. depreciation @ 10% for each year till it stops as mentioned above.

cooldragon
07-06-2010, 01:08 AM
sickening , PG should start giving out some economical and comprehensive courses on gun saftey , we could all get together and arrange it , but seriously speaking anyone who would try that would be laughed at because our people are so dumb ,

SPAYPANTHER
07-06-2010, 10:39 AM
sickening , PG should start giving out some economical and comprehensive courses on gun saftey , we could all get together and arrange it , but seriously speaking anyone who would try that would be laughed at because our people are so dumb ,

cool dragon may you don’t get understand the purpose of pakguns …

brother the purpose of that foram is not just chill

it is also to teach each other safe and legal use of wirearms

Kakar
07-06-2010, 11:51 PM
These are scary pictures Kakar bro, thank God this bullet fired by some idiot n arrogant shooter didnot land on a human being..

Denvo bro, scary indeed.. the servants were sitting in open air about 10 feet from the car..

Gilani
08-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Kakar sahib, sorry to see the pics of your car but thank God you and others remained safe. As Shariq sahib mentioned and the hole on your car testifies, this should be an eye opener for all of us that what kind of damage an aerial bullet can cause.

bazkhan35
08-06-2010, 01:24 AM
On wedding now days i have seen many young boys doing Airel shooting and they dont listen to any elders.

Is it a wise idea to advise them to use blanks instead of bullets or sit quite? Now days if you tell some youngster to do some thing their attitude is like " whats your problem "

cooldragon
08-06-2010, 02:19 AM
Bazkhan bhai , i would advise against it , last time i tried something like that it ended messy and these young guys , when theyr upto something with all the adrenaline going , theyr bound to lash out , if you say anything to them at that time , they could be dangerous cos theys mostly drunk , one way could be to show them guns from a positive point of view ,

bazkhan35
08-06-2010, 02:37 AM
Bazkhan bhai , i would advise against it , last time i tried something like that it ended messy and these young guys , when theyr upto something with all the adrenaline going , theyr bound to lash out , if you say anything to them at that time , they could be dangerous cos theys mostly drunk , one way could be to show them guns from a positive point of view ,

I am asking about the people you know :), not complete strangers like i know few boys i know they wont be rude with but they will still do it.