PDA

View Full Version : My new Weihrauch HW100T FSB

samhassnn
18-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Hi guys I added the weihrauch to my collection of firearms and air rifles, Im loving it will be bringing her back to Lahore with me in December. Its a .22 cal no mods or extras, mounted with a bushnell banner 6-24x40 mil dot scope.

Birdshooter007
18-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Sameed Bhai, Nice buy. What would the price be?

s.cheema
18-06-2011, 09:50 PM
welcome to pg. nice gun, a review with lots of pics would be appreciated

Birdshooter007
18-06-2011, 09:53 PM
welcome to pg. nice gun, a review with lots of pics would be appreciated

Why are you welcoming him to pakguns, he joined in June 2010 and you just joined in August, so he is a senior.

samhassnn
18-06-2011, 10:06 PM
thank you guys ! well I have been a member for some time now but haven't really had the time to post and reply to topics, I was on vacations and didn't have much to do so started to be a productive member. I will be posting a review of the gun shortly and don't have any detailed pics with me at the moment but will take some as soon as im back in the US.

Birdshooter007
18-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Please update your current location,Beijing,I suppose.

samhassnn
18-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Review of the Weihrauch HW 100T FSB:

I had been saving money for this the first day I saw It on the weihrauch website which also happend to be a week before I had told my Chacha to buy a HW80 which I also consider my gun as I use it the most and take care of it, after a year of saving up the money to get the HW100T I decided to do a bit of research and Airguns of Arizona had it listed for the lowest price at $1423.95 still a little on the pricy side but considering Im an avid air gunner , have always been and will continue to be one the price didn't deter me plus I knew I would be getting weihrauch quality which is worth the price. Got the gun a week later and my first expressions of the gun were just as I had expected "Weihrauch quality" it came in a weihrauch cardboard box with form fitted Styrofoam with all the accessories in a cardboard box. The gun its self is really light lighter than my HW80 and seemed lighter then my competition walther lg 300. The stippling on the pistol grip is a bit rough not interms of quality though. Before I ordered the gun I called up Air guns of arizona to request the owner to send me the gun with the most beautiful stock he advised me to go in for the walnut finish and i am thankful to him for shipping me what he had promised " pictures don't do justice to the stock as it wasn't too good of a camera. I also got 2 tins of H&N baracuda pellets with it which the owner of the shop advised me and got a FX 3 stage pump as well though I usually use the scuba tank to charge it up at my University's shooting range. Ok so now lets get to the details of what comes with the gun in the box and some other stuff.

in the box: air rifle , two 14 shot rotary magazines, air reservoir tank, pressure releasing tool, air charging adapter.

I got the scope from Optics planet and Leupold mounts from Cabelas, hammond Indiana .

first impressions of after shooting,,,,, Impressed !!! even though I was shooting from the 50yard line at our range with a full powers scope with no wind since its indoor the rifle was giving me single hole 10 shot groups at that range which I think does not test the full potential of the gun will need to move outdoors at a 100yard range to test the full potential. I have used H&N barracudas, crossman premier hollow points, JSB predators and ,RWS wad cutters in it and the first to give the best performance .

pros: just plain Weihrauch quality ! I have become a weihrauch buyer for life as long as they keep making air rifles the way they are now and Gamo does not buy the company.

Cons: I don't know but its just a little too light to shoot accurately off hand not that its the guns fault but I personally just can't keep it steady " considering I also shoot 10m competition air rifle and 50m .22 3 position on the university team" also the absence of sling mounting points does not help, I know that I can put sling attachments on it but I don't want to do any thing to the stock. The safety is some thing weihrauch have to improve on in all their guns its non reversible in most of their guns but in this its just to hard but it is reversible. That's all for now will be bringing back the gun to Pakistan In Dec hope to bag some bunnys and doves with it .

Birdshooter007
18-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Nice review Sameed Bhai, but I simply don't get this magazine thing, how does it reload and all :/

Ameer
19-06-2011, 12:18 PM
congrats sam bro, nice review.

Aquarius
19-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Great looking rifle... happy shooting.

Dr Hanif Malik
19-06-2011, 04:44 PM
@samhassnn,brother welcome and great review thank for sharing.

samhassnn
19-06-2011, 04:55 PM
its pretty simple. Its a side lever rifle so when you pull the side lever in the rearward position the firing mechanism moves back leaving the chamber empty and then you just put 1 rotary mag in the rotary mag is just like one you would see in a revolver. every time you pull the lever back a new pellet is ready to be chambered push the lever forward and the firing mechanism pushes the pellet into the barrel and its ready to shoot.

ACHILLES
19-06-2011, 07:16 PM
just awesome. i am just feeling dragged towards air rifles man.

Birdshooter007
19-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Wah Sardar Wah.. Now promise that you will let me shoot it when you come to Lahore !!!!!!!

samhassnn
19-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I would like to thank all of you for your warm welcome.

@ chaudry don't forget to remind me to tell Mustafa to lockup the HW80 you can use the Diana 35 or any of the other Air rifles but don't use the hw80 I will tell you the reason when I talk to you, yes you can use the HW 100 but only under my supervision.

@ACHILLES air rifles are really fun, I know good ones cost alot and one would rather but a firearm with that money but I consider a good air rifle much better than a cheap pistol or rifle, also considering that the current population of our domestic wild life is decreasing probably the only hunting going on back home will be with air rifles in the coming years "well except for migratory bird hunting" for me the fun of a good air rifle and a better scope is fun due to the reason that I am obsessed to challenge my shot by testing what ranges I can kill pests and game at and to test my abilities I regularly shoot pests and quarry out to 80m with my weihrauch hw80 and fell that the kill is much more instantaneous at that range, I measure each of my confirmed kills with a Bushnell range finder, although at times it does take some time to zero the scope at that range , seeing that pellet hit its mark in the scope is even more fun.

Birdshooter007
20-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Kiki Bhai is wide Asleep but I would like to say one thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You know I always beat you in hitting the target !!!!!!!!!

samhassnn
20-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah you always beat me in hitting the target !!!!! in your dreams.

LionHeart
20-06-2011, 04:28 PM
@samhassnn: Welcome and congrats for this great purchase indeed this weihrauch is a big name in this industry and well known by their products. I am also a big fan of PCPs and dreaming for my first one but still couldn't find any source who can bring one for me from abroad :(

On the other hand its encouraging to see/know about people's involvement in these PCPs and they have started bringing these high tech air rifle with them back to Pakistan.

Good Luck and much appreciated

samhassnn
20-06-2011, 05:12 PM
@LionHeart thank you for your kind words, hope you find some one to get you one soon as they are really fun to shoot especially ones with a precision barrel and a light match grade trigger, also it is not a big hassle bringing an air rifle back to Pakistan. As for people bringing back PCP rifles to pakistan, well as we all might know we don't like to do experiments especially ones that become heavy on the wallet, In Pakistan the springer reign supreme only due to the fact that they are easy to repair and people generally stick to springers due to this. Also From what I have seen and witnessed in Pakistan airguns are taken perhaps to lightly taking into consideration a modern high power adult rifle can cost as much as a premium bolt action or semi auto rifle, we are still stuck to the concept that airguns are for kids.

LionHeart
21-06-2011, 08:46 AM
@LionHeart thank you for your kind words, hope you find some one to get you one soon as they are really fun to shoot especially ones with a precision barrel and a light match grade trigger, also it is not a big hassle bringing an air rifle back to Pakistan. As for people bringing back PCP rifles to pakistan, well as we all might know we don't like to do experiments especially ones that become heavy on the wallet, In Pakistan the springer reign supreme only due to the fact that they are easy to repair and people generally stick to springers due to this. Also From what I have seen and witnessed in Pakistan airguns are taken perhaps to lightly taking into consideration a modern high power adult rifle can cost as much as a premium bolt action or semi auto rifle, we are still stuck to the concept that airguns are for kids.

@samhassnn: Brother thanks for the reply, and yes you are very right about misconception here regarding air rifle/sports and non availability/lack of knowledge/lack of interest are also the major reason that we dont' have these kind of sports here in Pakistan. Here we are talking about PCPs and we don't have most of the major brands available even in springers all you will find couple of Diana and Gamo models in our local markets and that's it ..... :( Not EVEN good quality pellets are available.

Anyway I m really glade to know you professionalism in this particular field. Wish you best of luck for more.

Regards,

samhassnn
22-06-2011, 09:33 PM
@samhassnn: Brother thanks for the reply, and yes you are very right about misconception here regarding air rifle/sports and non availability/lack of knowledge/lack of interest are also the major reason that we dont' have these kind of sports here in Pakistan. Here we are talking about PCPs and we don't have most of the major brands available even in springers all you will find couple of Diana and Gamo models in our local markets and that's it ..... :( Not EVEN good quality pellets are available.

Anyway I m really glade to know you professionalism in this particular field. Wish you best of luck for more.

Regards,

once again the thing is we in pakistan don't respect air rifles for many they are still considered kids toys, also people do say that air rifles are expensive which is true they are but they also need to understand that it takes the same amount of labor, metal wood and time to make as a firearm and that is just one of the reasons why air rifles are expensive. I guess people don't look at the pro points of investing in an air rifle, with a powerful springer you can compare some of those magnum springer to a bolt action .22Lr the only difference is ammo is cheaper and you don't need a license. Personally I have enough firearms in the family to last a couple of generations so I don't really have to invest in buying any more firearms, unless I come across something I really like, how ever with the current state of wildlife in Pakistan airguns are a very animal population friendly weapon.