PDA

View Full Version : DIY Projects for Camping/Outdoor/Survival

Pashasahab
28-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Salam Brothers! Here I will be posting my DIY Projects for Camping/Outdoor/Survival. Please feel free on guiding me and others on improving those and also help us about doing New Projects. You may also post your DIY projects here.

Pashasahab
28-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Here is my DIY Project for Waterproof Matches

taha
28-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Here is my DIY Project for Waterproof Matches
They look very tasty! Perfect looks for french fries!

Ka_Khan
29-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Excellent thread Pashasahab! One of the most important thing in camping/survival is Fire and you have given us 'water proof' idea.Keep it up and we will be waiting for more.

Avais
29-05-2011, 10:57 PM
That's great input for the camping preparation. thanks brother

12GAUGE
29-05-2011, 11:07 PM
AoA Everybody

Kindly forgive me for being a total noob here but I have been reading up on different forums and it seems that people mostly prefer matchboxes for camping/survival gear. dont you think it would be even more wiser to carry ordinary disposable lighters (the ones with built-in torch). because a lighter doesn't get wet. quick means of generating fire and comes with added benefit of a small torch. gentlemen, what do you think? lighter or match?

Regards.

Pashasahab
30-05-2011, 01:24 AM
@taha @ka_khan @avais - thank you brothers for your encouragement. I'll soon be posting some other DIY stuff that I made which includes a small First Aid Kit, Dental Hygiene Kit and A Small Sleeping Kit. But that could take a week as I am busy with my Exams now. I'll keep you guys posted.

@12Gauge - Brother, It is very wise to keep disposable lighters in your backpack instead of a box of matches like these and people often do and Even I carry a clipper lighter and not this. Some people also carry Fire steel but it only creates a spark and you need some tender to make fire. But, with due respect, I completely rule out the idea of keeping the cheap Chinese lighter where one is not sure whether it would light up or not. This uncertainty is not good for any
outdoor , camping or survival scenerio.

This Waterproof Matchbox Project was just an alternative to the very expensive, Coleman's Waterproof matchboxes.

Nisar
30-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Very informative. One thing I want to add. Put Ice cream stick between the two striker faces then glue them. It will help user to ignite match easily.

Pashasahab
30-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Very informative. One thing I want to add. Put Ice cream stick between the two striker faces then glue them. It will help user to ignite match easily.

Sir... Excellent suggestion!

"King Of Kings"
05-06-2011, 11:31 PM
very nice thread and nice water proof match box bro,, keep up the gud work and give us some more cheap and valuable ideas about outdoors.....

regards.

"King Of Kings"
05-06-2011, 11:31 PM

@ nisar

+1,,,,

Prince
06-06-2011, 09:48 AM
@pashasahab, excellent stuff really, please also find some idea for protecting cigrettes.......

Pashasahab
07-06-2011, 01:41 AM
@pashasahab, excellent stuff really, please also find some idea for protecting cigrettes.......

Sir I have one in mind that will solve your problem... will post it soon InshaAllah. Give me a couple of days!

Pashasahab
07-06-2011, 02:09 AM
Here is a Video Tutorial (hope I am not breaking any Rules) for making a Good FireStarter by using an Ordinary Lighter. I followed this onto making a Cheap FireSteel Type Firestarter using an Ordinary widely available Tokai Lighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLKWCLrY_Ec

"King Of Kings"
08-06-2011, 03:14 PM

prince bro the best idea to protect you cigrettes is to leave your cigrettes at home,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

regards,

Pashasahab
09-06-2011, 03:33 PM
@Prince - Sir this is Specially Done for you. I hope that it resolves your worries ;)

shoaibnadeem
09-06-2011, 04:06 PM
C.. "ZARURAT EJAD KI MAA HOTI HAI" ;)

Very nice sir!

Ka_Khan
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Very nice pashasahab.Now lets see who can give us an idea to store more then 20 cigarettes,as this is minimum a hunter will need for a days trip :)

Avais
09-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Very nice pashasahab.Now lets see who can give us an idea to store more then 20 cigarettes,as this is minimum a hunter will need for a days trip :)
Welsaid brother. +1

Nisar
09-06-2011, 06:57 PM
C.. "ZARURAT EJAD KI MAA HOTI HAI" ;)

Very nice sir!

LOL, is "MAA" ko dhond kar lana asal kaam hai :D

Pashasahab
09-06-2011, 08:42 PM

For that you may use Empty Bottles of Multivitamins such as "Centrum" or Small Size Supplement Bottles used for body building. Alternatively get a "Nalgene Water Bottle" and carry 100's of Cigarettes with you.

Nisar
09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
For that you may use Empty Bottles of Multivitamins such as "Centrum" or Small Size Supplement Bottles used for body building. Alternatively get a "Nalgene Water Bottle" and carry 100's of Cigarettes with you.

What do you think about water cooler ?

HUNTER1
10-06-2011, 12:23 PM
What do you think about water cooler ?

Nice one Nisar. What do you think about A WATER TANK.......... HAHAHA

Pashasahab
10-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Nice one Nisar. What do you think about A WATER TANK.......... HAHAHA

Why not.. If you can carry that on your weak shoulders why not.

Ka_Khan
10-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Nice comments.I think water cooler will work as the hunter will have to carry his guns also.