PDA

View Full Version : Knives and their prices

Enigmatic Desires
18-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Recently, I was at park towers in karachi and on the top floor i saw this stall selling switch blades. The items were in a nutshell rubbish! Cheap scratched blades shoddy hilts. But he was charging around Rs.1200 a peice.

I felt curious as regards the real price and went to chaadi lane (Mariott road) and came across some pretty decent jet black switches of a type I have used before and found both tough and sharp. If memory serves me right they are available at a couple of major arms dealers in saddar at around Rs.3500 or so....each... The shop keeper was offloading em at around Rs.42 a dozen!!!

Unfortunately, he refused to sell less then 12 :( I was tempted but my better half would not have taken kindly to showing up with a dozen identical knives under my belt.

If the better quality knives were wholesaling at 42, I imagine the junk available at Park towers was probably worth 15-20 bucks apiece that he was retailing at 1200........

Nisar
19-05-2011, 10:15 AM
ED contact me @ nisar at ymail dot com

Pashasahab
21-05-2011, 01:38 AM
what? seriously? i need to have a few dozen! can you take some pics when you go there? and tell me whther these wer some kind of tactical knives or what?

Enigmatic Desires
21-05-2011, 03:13 AM
what? seriously? i need to have a few dozen! can you take some pics when you go there? and tell me whther these wer some kind of tactical knives or what?

Directly opposite Bolton market. Most of the market was burned down a few years ago. Which is why only one shop was carrying knives. There is a huge excavation at the site where the old market was destroyed. U have to go inside the lane adjacent to it. Most of the place is still under construction. Since its all temporary they have marble counters rather then glass ones. Once u r in that specific lane u have to go to the last shop before the lane turns to the left. This particular shop is at the turning point.

Unfortunately its the only one in the entire area that still carrying switch blades

But then Pasha sahib u will hav to come to karachi.. If u ever do so, lemme know

Enigmatic Desires
21-05-2011, 03:16 AM
ED contact me @ nisar at ymail dot com

email id sent

Vik
21-05-2011, 08:43 AM
informative indeed!

Mig
08-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Rs:42 a Dozen ??? Are these Knives Good to Use I mean its just Cheaperthandirt. You should have bought a couple of Dozen hahah.. :)

minhal110
17-06-2011, 07:42 PM
rs. 42 for a dozen...!!!
simply wow...!