PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Situation

Bluff
14-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Dear All as u ppl know the season is over so lets discus "What was the overall Hunting situaltion in ur area."

Like for me the patridges were ok but ducks were vary less as compared to the previous seasons. i went to Mangla, Terbela for ducks and belive me our overall score for the thses two area was 34(20 in Terbela+14 in Mangla) . i really dont know what was the reason although the rain in the area was quite enough through out season.

HassaanAfzal
14-04-2009, 12:04 PM
this season

Patridges were good
Ducks were limited
tilyar were limited
wildboars were 2 many
rabbits were good
doves were in abundunce

I m talkin abt
chakwal(mullhal mughlan)
Attock( malal,durnal,marjaal)
Pindi(chakri)
Daphar plantation ( near mona depot)
mangla

Omkhan
14-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Do one need permit to kill/ hunt boars or are can they be killed anytime anywhere? Just asking because generally they are a menace for farmers & their crops

Glxspk
14-04-2009, 02:10 PM
I wold love to be at a place where they have wild boars in abundance,

Moin
14-04-2009, 02:33 PM
i came to know that they are still available on the right side of ghahgar phattak, near the vicinity of port qasim but needs to be done through open jeep

Omkhan
14-04-2009, 02:40 PM
so Moin, when are we going there? ;)

Moin
14-04-2009, 02:42 PM
good and interesting question for which i do not have any answer, jeep is pre-req :D
, if some one has an open jeep then we can think of it.

Glxspk
14-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Found everything in abundance throughout the season.

Ahmad Ali Kh
15-04-2009, 04:16 PM
In Punjab what im seeing for the last six years, every coming year is ???????????? no words to say I mean wild life is hard to find except in border areas.

Offroader2323
15-04-2009, 05:43 PM
good and interesting question for which i do not have any answer, jeep is pre-req :D
, if some one has an open jeep then we can think of it.

sir i have a suzuki long chassis can join you guys if u r interested

but herd that the area is difficult for hunting through jeeps as the jungle only have thorn bushes (devi) in sindhi.

Moin
16-04-2009, 09:51 AM
true one of my friend use to hunt wildbore and rabbit in the same area, normally where do you go for hunt, do you go solo or with a team

TAREEN
16-04-2009, 11:34 AM
For such thorny areas & marshlands, reach the nearest village by 4x4 & hire a tractor from local farmers. Its a practical suggestion, rest is upto the hunting party.

Moin
16-04-2009, 12:40 PM
thanks tareen, sure we will follow your advise

Glxspk
16-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Btw this is no time for any kind of hunting. The bushes have grown so it would be impossible to enter the areas and get the animals out for a clear shot. Besides it would be wayy toooooooo hot for a comfortable hunt that you'll enjoy.

Moin
16-04-2009, 01:45 PM
100 % true and i agree what you say

Offroader2323
16-04-2009, 05:59 PM
true one of my friend use to hunt wildbore and rabbit in the same area, normally where do you go for hunt, do you go solo or with a team

@ Moin
Sir my team is my brother my father and my cousins as we have our grand father hunting and after him these bacteria have penetrated deep into our Family roots that about all of our family members are fond of hunting..........................

sir we can meet and make our group for further hunting seasons

Hamid
16-04-2009, 10:10 PM
I wold love to be at a place where they have wild boars in abundance,

Visit Abbotabad or areas surrounding dams. I have seen large groups of wild boars is Abbotabad and Terbela.

Bluff
22-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Sir in Sindh yes but here in Islamabad "GAME ON HEY"

Btw this is no time for any kind of hunting. The bushes have grown so it would be impossible to enter the areas and get the animals out for a clear shot. Besides it would be wayy toooooooo hot for a comfortable hunt that you'll enjoy.

Sialvi
22-04-2009, 12:13 PM
there was a time when there were alot alot of boars in our river's bella. but now....... tarass gaye hain soorat dekhnay ko (a sigh). we used to hunt day and night when we were back in village on holidays. offcourse the best way to hunt on night is on tractor.

Bluff
22-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Sialvi..... last year we had 8 or 9 hogs, in 1 night with 4 guns 3 beater and 6 dogs .... the concentration was quite good at that time , and i dont think the the boar population go down unless u do some fanatic shooting rather killing.
1. If u get some chance go to jhung upstream area of the river ....... u can have the chance to find some health population.
2. Look for some corn fields.
3. avoid going to thick vegitation in this time of year , u ll find nothing
4. use dogs in the morning to flush them.
5. best time is late night after 10 /11 oclock near water source (u r river`s bella) when they come after their night feed.
6. before 10/11 oclock night u ll find them in fields.
7. Keep a safe distance now a days cuz they have little babies (piglets) female boars can attack u (use rifles instead of shoyguns in this time of year.

Sialvi
22-04-2009, 05:49 PM
@Bluff
bhai u r very right. but i was talking about my side of river's bella that is jehlum river. now the whole bella is cultivated no foot print of a single boar is seen now here. it was back in late 90s when it was like a paradise of boar hunters. my friends from lahore and even rahimyar khan came all the way here to shoot boars but now it seems all dream. yeah there is still a chance to hunt them where u mentioned in jhang side. we had pack of dogs to flush mostly pointer and bullterrier mixed. in those days many guys had dogs greyhound and b.terrier crossbred called "kaatha" to fight boars. even now some have these dogs but got nothing to fight except jackals.

Bluff
23-04-2009, 01:57 PM
@sialvi... bro i would say dont take your pointer on boars hunt, right breeds are terriers (british, bull , spanish, or desi mix breed), or afghan local mix breed called"koochi" .greyhounds and pointers are not advisable. and afghan dogs are only for short distance chase.

Sialvi
25-04-2009, 02:48 PM
@Bluff. bro we don't take our pure pointers, rather mixed bred pointer i.e. pointer bullterrier r used to flush them. well now all it has become the part of past since we got no more bella.