PDA

View Full Version : What is so special about Glock 17, 19 etc.?

BendingBullets
14-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I don't know much about guns and I just recently purchased my first handgun (a Stoeger).

After seeing a lot of posts at Pakguns about Glock I want to understand why so many Pakguns members are fascinated by this handgun?

Can someone spell it out for me. What is so special about this (relatively) high-priced handgun?

Glxspk
14-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Because that is the only quality weapon by all means thats readily available in our market at an affordable price. The only pistols that would or surpass a Glock are HK & Sig which are twice the value in monetary terms if compared to a Glock.

Zubair
14-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Have you read the story 'EMPEROR WITHOUT CLOTHS'. Just meditate on it and you will find out

Hamid
14-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Glocks have a three-step interna safety. Its light weight and reliable. its Mush's favourite. I would recommend you check glock website and you will fall in love with it.

BendingBullets
14-04-2009, 07:21 PM
lol @ Zubair :D Best reply

Read the original (Danish) version of "The Emperor's New Clothes" as a kid. Seems so true in this case...

Taurus
15-04-2009, 02:39 AM
does taurus pt 99 also gets misfires and jams i never heard that

Abbas
15-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Try firing about a 125 + rounds though it without cleaning it and it will start missing atleast one or two bullet per mag. I tried a torture test twice and found it's tolerance for gunpowder residue between 125-150. Glocks I have used till my wrists hurt and I run out of ammo :)

Sherwan_88
15-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Glocks are special because they are constructed with simplicity, its recoil operated and the breach is locked, the receiver is constructed in a rectangular concealed shape, thus when the gun itself is fired the residue gunpowder escapes through the barrel and the breach. This makes the the major components of the firearm e.g the firing pin safe from residue of gun powder as there is very little space for it to enter. Glock's intial purpose is LE/Army, so it has to survive brutal treatments, water resistance, there fore as mentioned the main parts are mainly enclosed in the slider it self, the lower frame/receiver being made of polymer plastic is resistant to water and any other sort brutal treatment, also it does not rust.

Glock designed it LE/Army intentionally, which means the when the user draws the weapon he draws it with the intent to shoot, so rather than having an external safety, its internally built within the trigger with a 2 - 5.5kg pull adjustment.

All the factors combined the make Glock an excellent combat firearm and very reliable. All over the world every Law Enforcement agency employs them as their hand gun. You can dip it in a puddle and still empty a magazine without any problem.

As for Taurus, they actually employ the Glock principle. but are concentrated on volume of sales, therefore quality and reliability was never there intention.

Accept the fact that very people can afford a Glock, and Taurus's sell for a quarter of Glocks price, so anyone can buy it. Taurus is primarily a weapon of amusement and every one can buy it while the Glock is a full Hardcore weapon. I myself own a Taurus, I've fired almost 300 rounds from it and had only two jams due to lack of cleanness, and now i clean it every fortnight or so, and it does not miss on me now.

Consensus is spend once and Buy a Glock for eternal peace of mind, rather than buying a affordable imported firearm you cannot trust.

Glxspk
15-04-2009, 03:54 AM
+1 Sherwan

Zubair
15-04-2009, 11:30 AM
lol @ Zubair :D Best reply

Read the original (Danish) version of "The Emperor's New Clothes" as a kid. Seems so true in this case...
Thanks Sir. Only 'fools' can understand this

Abbas
15-04-2009, 12:09 PM
You want one don't you ? :lol:

Zubair
15-04-2009, 12:57 PM
You want one don't you ? :lol:

Dont want the cloths the EMPEROR wanted :rolleyes:

Asif Jhammat
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
o ooo glock....whats above it??????

gunenthusiast
12-05-2012, 11:53 AM
nothing,it seems, at the moment bro.

cz-duty fan
12-05-2012, 11:56 AM
whats the difference between the 3rd and the 4th generation? any difference in the performance? also, the current prevailing prices of both, the 3rd and 4th generation glock 17 and 19.

cz-duty fan
12-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't know much about guns and I just recently purchased my first handgun (a Stoeger).

After seeing a lot of posts at Pakguns about Glock I want to understand why so many Pakguns members are fascinated by this handgun?

Can someone spell it out for me. What is so special about this (relatively) high-priced handgun?

Glocks are 'Standard of excellence'.

cz-duty fan
12-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Try firing about a 125 + rounds though it without cleaning it and it will start missing atleast one or two bullet per mag. I tried a torture test twice and found it's tolerance for gunpowder residue between 125-150. Glocks I have used till my wrists hurt and I run out of ammo :)

chief! have u conducted any tolerance test on your CZs?

azharshafiqch
13-05-2012, 05:59 PM
+1 for Sherwan_88 and Abbas for explaining in complete detail...their is nothing to add except that the simplicity of Glock is remarkable. I just love is firearm.

I have 19 and 17...i also had 17 Gen 4 but due to its problem sold it few days back. I thinks its one of the finest firearm among other great guns like Sig,H&Ks.
Though very highly priced..it is must have weapon.

cz-duty fan
13-05-2012, 06:49 PM
+1 for Sherwan_88 and Abbas for explaining in complete detail...their is nothing to add except that the simplicity of Glock is remarkable. I just love is firearm.

I have 19 and 17...i also had 17 Gen 4 but due to its problem sold it few days back. I thinks its one of the finest firearm among other great guns like Sig,H&Ks.
Though very highly priced..it is must have weapon.

what prob did u have with your glock 17 gen 4?

GUNFREAK
13-05-2012, 07:46 PM
And do you remember which spring 03 or 04 was written and was it usa ( Georgia) or Austria proof mark one? I have yet to find one gen 4 with issues.

Regards

Faisji
13-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Glocks are the AK,s of handguns

Skeeter60
13-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Glocks are very light to carry, snag free, simple, dependable, reliable and sights and spares are available and the trigger pull does not change like in the case of DA / SA pistols. There is no safety to fumble with these are fast and easy to cock and accurate.

Trigger_happy78
14-05-2012, 02:38 PM
whats the difference between the 3rd and the 4th generation? any difference in the performance? also, the current prevailing prices of both, the 3rd and 4th generation glock 17 and 19.

Bro ithink the main difference in 3rd gen and 4th gen is cosmetic changes. The gen 4 Glocks have stappeling on the grip and changeable back straps.

cz-duty fan
14-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Bro ithink the main difference in 3rd gen and 4th gen is cosmetic changes. The gen 4 Glocks have stappeling on the grip and changeable back straps.

i think the recoil spring is also different. i was actually interested in the price of the glock 19 both gen 3 n gen 4.

Aquarius
14-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Glocks are the AK,s of handguns
Or you can say that AKs are the Glocks of Rifles.. lolzzz.

@cz-duty fan.. yes bro the 4th Gen have a dual spring recoil rather than single in 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen.. price of Glock19, Gen 3 (NIB) will be roughly arround 340 +- 10K depending upon location since Glock prices have gone up recently.

GUNFREAK
14-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Or you can say that AKs are the Glocks of Rifles.. lolzzz.

@cz-duty fan.. yes bro the 4th Gen have a dual spring recoil rather than single in 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen.. price of Glock19, Gen 3 (NIB) will be roughly arround 340 +- 10K depending upon location since Glock prices have gone up recently.

And 385+ for Gen 4 may i add.

regards

azharshafiqch
15-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Occasionally jamming more commonly throwing empties to the face or over the head and weak extraction. Actually i loved the gun but my confidence was shaken.
Although i kept it clean but problem remained as it was from day one.

azharshafiqch
15-05-2012, 12:40 AM
Yes it was 0-2-3 whereas current RSA configuration is 0-2-4 for G17.

GUNFREAK
15-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes it was 0-2-3 whereas current RSA configuration is 0-2-4 for G17.

Ok, well i hope you didn't loose much selling the gun, although you could've easliy gotten the new spring which solves all issues.

regards