PDA

View Full Version : Diana Vs Gamo

taha
25-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Aoa!

I've been thinking for some time - Gamo air rifles cost so much, with Shadow 1000 being more than 20k. If they are so expensive, and good overall - why can't they be compared with Diana?

There must be some reasons behind this. I'm very curious why is this so... Can experts cast some light on this subject?

Thanks!

Hamdan Khan
25-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Dear Gamo air rifles cannot be compared with Diana air rifles but if you compare with price Diana air rifles bit expensive because of Diana is 120 Years old German company Perfect technology, convincing innovation, an appealing design – anyone purchasing a product with the DIANA trademark wants something special.

Long-term experience stands for quality, dependable air rifles and air guns. DIANA guarantees high performance and precision. Our goal: To achieve customer satisfaction through quality.

Diana, the Roman goddess of hunting – the ideal for both founding fathers Jakob Mayer and Josef Grammelspacher. Two men, one vision, which they implemented together in 1890. The Diana factory that inspires more than ten million competitive marksmen throughout the world was founded.

Hamdan Khan
25-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Gamo is new Spanish company now a days being popular good quality... but not like 120 years old Diana air guns company.... Diana have very experience in producing good quality guarantees high performance and precision for life time..............

taha
25-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Gamo is new Spanish company now a days being popular good quality... but not like 120 years old Diana air guns company.... Diana have very experience in producing good quality guarantees high performance and precision for life time..............
Makes sense. But if you were to put 120 yrs experience apart, where does quality of Gamo stand? Gamo has been manufacturing for decades now; according to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamo_%28airgun_manufacturer%29
"The company was founded in 1959 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959) and airgun production first started in 1961 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961)"

Lots of experience as far as my untrained eyes can tell. So isn't 50 yrs of experience enough to let us know about quality of Gamo? Lets say I want to take Gamo out on field, on game at distance 25-30 meters. I want pretty good precision as well as robustness. Where does Gamo stand?

fluffmaster
25-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Makes sense. But if you were to put 120 yrs experience apart, where does quality of Gamo stand? Gamo has been manufacturing for decades now; according to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamo_%28airgun_manufacturer%29
"The company was founded in 1959 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1959) and airgun production first started in 1961 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961)"

Lots of experience as far as my untrained eyes can tell. So isn't 50 yrs of experience enough to let us know about quality of Gamo? Lets say I want to take Gamo out on field, on game at distance 25-30 meters. I want pretty good precision as well as robustness. Where does Gamo stand?

Gamo is a formidable airgun manufacturer,,,second only to diana and when it comes to quality and value for money of the products....it every bit competes with diana. I grade gamo guns a shade higher than diana,,,when it comes to weight and ease of handling. The gamo air rifles are again very accurate and effective and still cheaper than diana

Hamdan Khan
26-04-2011, 12:54 AM
a difference in Diana airgun and gamo is too much Why people whole over the world buy Diana airguns why gamo is not popular like Diana ........

Hamdan Khan
26-04-2011, 12:55 AM
you people i think doesn't used Diana airguns than you can say gamo is better... lolzzzzzzzz

taha
26-04-2011, 12:33 PM
you people i think doesn't used Diana airguns than you can say gamo is better... lolzzzzzzzz
No sir, please read post #5 from fluffmaster. He is 'the' man to come up with the comprehensive review of 'Diana Air King 54'. High saying from him means a lot. Obviously it's because he's used both Diana AND Gamo.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong...smile.

Hamdan Khan
26-04-2011, 05:22 PM
ok dear every one have there own choice but i love Diana...........

taha
26-04-2011, 05:37 PM
I like that airgun very much as well.... but I'd still like to know based on facts and figures... because if I can get good precision/robustness/accuracy with Gamo then it's good for people being on medium budget.

I hope this discussion goes further based on facts...

taha
26-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Gamo is a formidable airgun manufacturer,,,second only to diana and when it comes to quality and value for money of the products....it every bit competes with diana. I grade gamo guns a shade higher than diana,,,when it comes to weight and ease of handling. The gamo air rifles are again very accurate and effective and still cheaper than diana
Brother can you tell if Gamo is good for a field trip? From reading different posts one gets an idea that Gamo air rifles could be delicate kind of stuff - handle with care sort of... is this true?

Hamdan Khan
26-04-2011, 11:11 PM
any one buy and tell about Gamo socom and Gamo whisper Gamo bone collector these are real beauties from Gamo can be compare with Diana 31 panther or RWS 34 panther,.....

taha
27-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Can this discussion go on further? I hope so...

fluffmaster
27-04-2011, 05:56 PM
Brother can you tell if Gamo is good for a field trip? From reading different posts one gets an idea that Gamo air rifles could be delicate kind of stuff - handle with care sort of... is this true?

I have only used gamo shadow 1000 from gamo....this handle with care and delicacy idea sounds weird to me...the rifle is as robust and solid as u may want any other from diana in that price budget. I particularly admire its scope friendliness....as the one fitted on gamo shadow and firing perfectly...tends to loose zeroing with diana model 35 or airking which I own both.
I am soon going to own a gamo whisper as well (InshaAllah) and I know its a damn good rifle. So gamo and diana in my reckoning can be likened with two good models of toyota and honda. Honda,,,though a bit younger than toyota...still manufactures some of the world,s best cars which in their price and value for money....always compete with toyota contemporaries

zainulabdeen
27-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I have only used gamo shadow 1000 from gamo....this handle with care and delicacy idea sounds weird to me...the rifle is as robust and solid as u may want any other from diana in that price budget. I particularly admire its scope friendliness....as the one fitted on gamo shadow and firing perfectly...tends to loose zeroing with diana model 35 or airking which I own both.
I am soon going to own a gamo whisper as well (InshaAllah) and I know its a damn good rifle. So gamo and diana in my reckoning can be likened with two good models of toyota and honda. Honda,,,though a bit younger than toyota...still manufactures some of the world,s best cars which in their price and value for money....always compete with toyota contemporaries

please reply in a decisive way. if u are given a choice to pick one air rifle from diana 350 magnum & gamo shadow or whisper , or lets more narrow the choice, if u are asked to take one air rifle of corresponding (same) caliber from diana and gamo, WHICH ONE SHALL U CHOOSE FOR UR SELF

fluffmaster
27-04-2011, 06:51 PM
please reply in a decisive way. if u are given a choice to pick one air rifle from diana 350 magnum & gamo shadow or whisper , or lets more narrow the choice, if u are asked to take one air rifle of corresponding (same) caliber from diana and gamo, WHICH ONE SHALL U CHOOSE FOR UR SELF

U must appreciate that all air guns are the same calibre...the difference comes in their accuracy and lethality ....as expressed in terms of fps and killing range...If I am given a choice to pick between diana magnum 350 and gamo shadow 1000,,,I,d go for gamo...any day of the week and twice on the weekend...gamo whisper is head and shoulders above diana magnum.....no comparison

zainulabdeen
27-04-2011, 07:18 PM
.If I am given a choice to pick between diana magnum 350 and gamo shadow 1000,,,I,d go for gamo...any day of the week and twice on the weekend...gamo whisper is head and shoulders above diana magnum.....no comparison

Hmmm. brother u have the diana & gamo as well & if u prefer gamo , it must be having valid reasons. plus u have recently posted a dashing review about diana air king (queen) so ur view is worth considering. brother could u plz substantiate ur preference of gamo , a comparatively less expansive & naive kind of gamo over diana which has a history of air rifling engineering at its credit

aam434
27-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Check out this Youtube comparison.... Intersting!!!
http://youtu.be/z6ribok3UGg

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 12:48 AM
hahahaha this proves whose is the best and deadliest.....................

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 12:56 AM
Dear all plzzz see Gamo Whisper Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 722 and Diana 350 magnum Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 920 This can prove which is most powerful and i am not favoring Diana 350 magnum because i have this plzzz read and review on the internet The class Diana have very experience in producing good quality guarantees high performance and precision for life time..............DIANA trademark is known by the people whole over the world

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 01:04 AM
it is simple Diana 31 panther can compare with gamo shadow 1000 because Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 722 is same and Gamo Whisper also same velocity but Diana 350 magnum has Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 920 its mean 250 plus by Diana 350 magnum can easily put down a fox or jackal with a nasty crispy shot..........

Arslan_tareen
28-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Brothers please . there is no way Gamo is second only to Diana , and nor its a comparison between Toyota and Honda , its a comparison between Mercedes and Suzuki ..one making one of the best air guns and the other making one of the cheapest , there are far more companies out there that make Air gun (springers) of much much high quality then Gamo will ever be i.e Weihrauch, Air Arms,Walther ,Theoben ,Feinwerkbau,Webley, Bsa etc etc..the list is very long ..so again yes in Pakistan may be the only next good thing to find other then Diana is Gamo .. but in rest of the world its just a cheapest best workable option .

p.s please i am in no way demising Gamo (personally i love it as i wont spend a single penny more on a springer then the price of a Gamo ) i am just saying comparing them is just like comparing a cheap but perfect for job Suzuki with a Mercedes Benz both will do the same job but in there own way and have there own heritage .

12GAUGE
28-04-2011, 10:46 AM
+1 Arslan Tareen. In a way Gamos are like Baikals. Designed and Produced for the budget minded consumer. Crudely made but sport all modern features. they get the job done, if you are only interested in getting the job done.

Regards.

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Yea Great Work +1 Arslan Tareen i am also saying that Diana is expensive like Mercedes Benz and giving us high precision and far good quality to cheep gamo or daisy,, bee-man..crossman etc air guns.... but work is same all air guns built for throughing pellets ...... same like Suzuki is also for transportation purpose but cheap we can go every where like on Mercedes Benz.... but u know why people are ready to purchase Diana because of there good quality These characteristics have been highly appreciated by over 10 million satisfied customers in more than 60 countries worldwide. In 2011 please experience the fascination and aesthetics in high powered air rifles Don,t wast Your money on cheap gamo airguns only difference is about 5000 to 10000 and buy Long-term experience stands for quality, dependable air rifles and air guns. DIANA guarantees high performance and precision for life time...........

zainulabdeen
28-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Dear all plzzz see Gamo Whisper Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 722 and Diana 350 magnum Muzzle Velocity 5,5mm/.22 ft/s 920 This can prove which is most powerful and i am not favoring Diana 350 magnum because i have this plzzz read and review on the internet The class Diana have very experience in producing good quality guarantees high performance and precision for life time..............DIANA trademark is known by the people whole over the world

in numerics the diana really has edge over gamo as in quality too , as most of the airgunners opine

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 04:18 PM
i must say that have one Diana air-gun and one Gamo air-gun than you can feel the difference between them .............

fluffmaster
28-04-2011, 06:52 PM
another sensible comparison could be based on a consideration of performance factors :

weight and other measurements

ease of handling

effective range and penetration power

accuracy with and without a scope

any other considerations that may seem relevant to users....like durability and service life,,,if accurately ascertained

personally I am not very impressed by age of industry and reputation of the manufacturer. when you compare suzuki and mercedez....its unfair to compare mehran with kompressor....mercedez affords a luxury,pleasure,a touch of class which is measurable if you compare it with competitors like bugatti,BMW, ford, ferrari, porsche and other elite car brands...so the idea is misleading and sweeping ab initio. Life is all about enterprise and innovation.I have always held experience in high esteem but I have never decried fresh or relatively inexperienced manufacturers...if they can stand upto quality comparison. It amazes me as to how so many of us could suffer from this misplaced prejudice in today,s world

Hamdan Khan
28-04-2011, 08:49 PM

ease of handling

any other considerations that may seem relevant to users....like durability and service life,,,if accurately ascertained all are far good in Diana .............

dropofdew
28-04-2011, 10:39 PM

ease of handling

any other considerations that may seem relevant to users....like durability and service life,,,if accurately ascertained all are far good in Diana .............

we dont wanna b mis ledd so fluf mastr, plz elaborat. we wanna b educatd . share ur experience dear FM

fluffmaster
29-04-2011, 04:15 PM
we dont wanna b mis ledd so fluf mastr, plz elaborat. we wanna b educatd . share ur experience dear FM

two rifles can only be compared sensibly if they fall in the same price category....I bought a gamo shadow for 23k...which new diana gun can I buy in that budget???? tell me some one...its open to u,no special intelligence or education required

taha
29-04-2011, 04:46 PM
two rifles can only be compared sensibly if they fall in the same price category....I bought a gamo shadow for 23k...which new diana gun can I buy in that budget???? tell me some one...its open to u,no special intelligence or education required
Hmm... can you also plz share where you bought shadow 1000 from? Lahore or KHI? And dealer name. Approx. date of purchase?

fluffmaster
03-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Hmm... can you also plz share where you bought shadow 1000 from? Lahore or KHI? And dealer name. Approx. date of purchase?

check my thread,s first page,,,all the details are there

wasifali89
10-05-2011, 10:03 PM
this thread is vague if you are not comparing the shadow 1000 with a specific diana

it seems as if 1000 VS the whole diana range...... who the hell would compare the air king with the shadow ?

taha
11-05-2011, 11:00 AM
this thread is vague if you are not comparing the shadow 1000 with a specific diana

it seems as if 1000 VS the whole diana range...... who the hell would compare the air king with the shadow ?
Well said brother. Please elaborate also which Diana type could compete with Shadow 1000...

[Edit: Shadow 1000 is mentioned in first post because to my little knowledge that's the top Gamo in KHI market between three types here (delta, shadow 640, shadow 1000). Whisper, Bone Collector etc. could be hard to find here - IMHO]

BaderJanjua
13-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I own Diana No 1, Diana 54 Airking and Gamo Whisper X. The difference between Diana and Gamo is like feeling the drive difference between a Merc and a Toyota

Hamdan Khan
14-05-2011, 12:32 AM
hahaha good yar,,.... you know well i think

taha
14-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I own Diana No 1, Diana 54 Airking and Gamo Whisper X. The difference between Diana and Gamo is like feeling the drive difference between a Merc and a Toyota
Wish I could easily afford a Toyota. wink.

hunter468
21-05-2011, 04:23 PM

+1 nicely explained

wasifali89
23-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Well said brother. Please elaborate also which Diana type could compete with Shadow 1000...

[Edit: Shadow 1000 is mentioned in first post because to my little knowledge that's the top Gamo in KHI market between three types here (delta, shadow 640, shadow 1000). Whisper, Bone Collector etc. could be hard to find here - IMHO]

now there is a difference in these gun ranges

comparing a 1000 with a diana 35 is useless as there is a price difference
the gamo hunter extreme in comparison would be better for me

there are no comparisons for the above ranges of diana ......... then after that people recommend to shift to PCPs rather than buying expensive spring rifles

wasifali89
23-05-2011, 10:07 PM

not exactly......... there is a high range of diana's that are really expensive and gamo isnt there to match them...........

diana's that were the oldies we learnt shooting on are now old school...... i mean all the models before 45

now the real german feel revived after the airking, panther, magnum etc...........
there i say the LADY rocks........

but beleive me, the spanish guys are really working hard

taha
24-05-2011, 09:35 AM
....but beleive me, the spanish guys are really working hard
+1 IMHO as well

wasifali89
25-05-2011, 12:01 AM
i do admit that diana's are the kings of spring rifles............ but im not royale at the moment to buy them....... so i saved my pocket money and got the best out ov it, the shadow 1000

Hamdan Khan
25-05-2011, 10:11 AM
shadow 1000 is good in 20000 price range...

Birdshooter007
25-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Gamo is more suitable for me as compared to Diana. The price difference is huge and Gamo is much reliable and does the job, what else do you need. My uncle has an 18 year old Diana 35 and I found it none other than just a Chinese airgun, it hardly drops doves.

12GAUGE
25-05-2011, 08:44 PM
AoA Chauhadry and Hamdan Khan

Thread cleaned of useless posts. Kindly stay with the topic and refrain from using statements targeted at other members. considered yourselves warned.

Regards.

Birdshooter007
25-05-2011, 10:21 PM
AoA Chauhadry and Hamdan Khan

Thread cleaned of useless posts. Kindly stay with the topic and refrain from using statements targeted at other members. considered yourselves warned.

Regards.
Thanks, I also wanted somebody to remove these posts

wasifali89
04-06-2011, 11:22 PM

good spirit

Tiger Roars
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Gamo Shadow is good budget air gun,,,,

Avais
06-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Great example of good spirit. Chauhadry Sb, I appreciate your gesture.

Alvi
26-09-2011, 12:35 PM
It's not the gun, but the man behind the gun that matters :)

lighter part ov it .. :D

The same question confuses me too .. as of the moment. ..

I'm also looking to buy an air rifle .. merely for target practice and maybe pest control .. but ... dazzled by all the mayhem out here .. and yet again confused .. as to what I should go for ..

Birdshooter007
26-09-2011, 01:10 PM
If you can afford a Diana, accept no substitute. If you can't, get a Gamo Whisper which also satisfies your needs.

Alvi
14-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Ok sir, Point at home .. I have a Gamo Whisper X now. Bought it from Badruddin & Sons, Rwp @ Rs. 23500/- .. Have put good about 350 odd rounds through the rifle .. Following happens:

1. I'm not entirely happy on my purchase .. (still drooling over the RWS 350 Mag)
2. Am trying to shoot 1.5 ltr bottles at 50 yd and only get 2 out of 10 pellets on target with open sights (shooter error)
3. Zeroed the rifle at 10m
4. The rear sight adjustments are only 16 clicks end to end for Windage and 8 clicks e2e for elev. (need help with that)
5. Am confused as to what kind of scope and mount I should get and from where in Rwp?
6. Packed my rifle's stock with rags to get rid of it's Twang sound on fire, but in vain
7. The rifle is still dieseling, dunno why
8. Today, once I fired off a few pellets, I noticed that the front sight of my rifle has broken and needs to be replaced. Helpless here

.. And ... Frustrated

Arcane
05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
well i own Both Guns. Diana Magnum 350 and Gamo Hunter CSI

Diana is the best and will always be. Spanish can never beat Germans in arms technology

but having said that IN PAKISTAN the second best option is Gamo. it is quite accurate user friendly. easy to handle and most importantly quite Cost Effective.

Diana is perfection. power, accuracy durability. Believe me you cant compare both but in our country we are not lucky enough have a grasp on other renowned Air guns. so IMO diana is way ahead GAMO, But for a second option you can go for Gamo

masood357
05-02-2013, 09:06 PM
well i own Both Guns. Diana Magnum 350 and Gamo Hunter CSI

Diana is the best and will always be. Spanish can never beat Germans in arms technology

but having said that IN PAKISTAN the second best option is Gamo. it is quite accurate user friendly. easy to handle and most importantly quite Cost Effective.

Diana is perfection. power, accuracy durability. Believe me you cant compare both but in our country we are not lucky enough have a grasp on other renowned Air guns. so IMO diana is way ahead GAMO, But for a second option you can go for Gamo

+1. Sure Diana is far better than Gamo.

Hammad jutt
27-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Aoa!

I've been thinking for some time - Gamo air rifles cost so much, with Shadow 1000 being more than 20k. If they are so expensive, and good overall - why can't they be compared with Diana?

There must be some reasons behind this. I'm very curious why is this so... Can experts cast some light on this subject?

Thanks!

Compare Bmw with mehran brother many peoples compare all diana with gamo 1000 very simple if u paint the donkey he could not called zebra )