PDA

View Full Version : FTF in my mp446 viking

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 02:46 PM
AOA

Im having FTF problems in my almost new viking. Ive just fired about 70 rounds + -.
Now the thing is that im mostly encountering FTF when im using the second magazine.

i.e: when using jhps : 1 FTF after every second round.
when using ball ammo : 1 FTF after every 4th/5th round.

And the other magazine, well sometimes it just feeds all the rounds properly & some times it gives me 1 or 2 stoppages.
As we know that FTF is mostly a magazine related problem so i've thoroughly oiled both the mags today, lets see wht happens.

Any suggestions PG brethren ??

zainulabdeen
21-04-2011, 02:50 PM
is it a polymer version or steel frame ?

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 02:52 PM
its the polymer version brother.

khurramdool
21-04-2011, 03:09 PM
@abbasdurrani its catastrophic when u have new gun but dont panic bro, field strip it inspect throughly about the wear and tears on the surface reassemble and check its cycling time. Insect the bullet primer how deep it hits.
Do the same with mag and carefully inspect it, please ensure safety first no live ammo should be on the table or near you.

zainulabdeen
21-04-2011, 03:13 PM
brother i have just fired more than 50 rounds with my mp 446 last Sunday without any stoppage but i have a all steel. now , since u have oiled the mags , now load both of them to their full capacity and leave them for at least 10 days and than fire them. if the ammo is genuine, than this certainly it shall work INSHAALLAH , as it has worked with a friend of mine who also possess a polymer version and had same kind of problem

Denovo87
21-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Brother Abbasdurrani, seems like a magazine problem but dont think oiling the mag can do any good, first of all remove all the oil you put on or in the mag (even you have to disassemble the mag) other wise you soon be having FTFire problem.

Try cycling the whole mag manually (after oil is removed from them) and tell us what exactly you experience. Secondly check if magazines get locked positively in mag well? Check the cut in magazines (that locks catch) and remove/file down any burrs you find inside of that cut.

You also can try using other magazine (can borrow from a friend or the dealer) that has already been tested for ftf.

Waiting your feed back.

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 03:36 PM
@ khurramdool & zainulabdeen : thnx alot for ur suggestions bro!

@ Denovo87 : yes denovo bhai its a magazine problem, i've owned this gun for about 8 months now, it was all good till recently when these ftf issues stared popping. i have manually cycled the whole mag dozens of times & there is not a single prob with the 1st mag, its the second mag thats a lemon. i dont know how to disassemble the mag! :-/ what do u say should i take it to the gunsmith ?

Denovo87
21-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Abbas bro, just check the faulty mag catch cut/hole & mag lips, do you see anything different than the mag that works fine?

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Abbas bro, just check the faulty mag catch cut/hole & mag lips, do you see anything different than the mag that works fine?

just checked sir ! no sign of any physical damage/difference at all. but when im pressing the magazine-follower with my thumb the faulty mag's spring is stiff/tighter than the other one .

Denovo87
21-04-2011, 04:05 PM
just checked sir ! no sign of any physical damage/difference at all. but when im pressing the magazine-follower with my thumb the faulty mag's spring is stiff/tighter than the other one .

Hmmm may be the follower got deformed or bent and started biting the mag walls or even something inside the mag is restricting spring to contract or expand freely? I will recommend disassembling the magazine to find the root cause.

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 04:14 PM
denovo bro can u tell me how to disassemble the mag ? is there any video on youtube ?

Denovo87
21-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Abbas bro, I dont have a viking at the otherwise I would send you pictures of how to disassemble, you can try googling for the video or even you can get help from its user manual they have a diagram showing disassembled pistol including magazine.

abbasdurrani
21-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok Denovo brother i'll give the instruction manual a try. thanks alot !