PDA

View Full Version : Steyer M9A1 - Better than a Glock?

Glxspk
13-04-2009, 02:58 AM
The pistol is dead accurate on a paper target with it's trapezium sights and no muzzle climb and is excellent when shooting multiple targets intuitively.

Although not worth what we are paying for this still in Pakistan, but again some of us have bought Glocks for PKR 400k.

I like shooting this baby more than I like shooting with my Glock, but I still refrain to carry it because it's a new pistol with not many reliability reviews.

Abbas
13-04-2009, 03:00 AM
I've been seriously considering it myself but have been reluctant to spend 250 K on a pistol that I might not like or have not test fired.

How is the accuracy and recoil ?

Taurus
13-04-2009, 03:41 AM
I have seen steyr M9 i like this weapon especially of this sight i think this weapon has the best sight in the world ...but the price is to high i was talking with a dealer today he had this weapon used a bit, was demading 200 k for it

Glxspk
13-04-2009, 03:48 AM
I've had it for almost a year now.

Accuracy is amazing. There's almost no muzzle climb so the followup shot get on the target as well.

I bought it for a fortune, but even the current prevailing price is too high for what it was sold in the US for. $300 a piece.

Glocky
13-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Steyr seems a better weapon but the Glock also performs equally good. With the glock, after market accessories and options allow a great deal of customization for any possible configuration. Try even finding a holster for the steyr and you'll know what i'm saying. Said and done both are equally comparable weapons of their genre.

Firepower!
13-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I like my G19 for 9mm. I am at a point where I believe in keeping just one or two pistols at a time. Right now both are Glocks.

M9 handles very well but I have not fired it. If my G19 ever retires or I think buying another 9mm, M9 will be among the few I will consider for what it offers like ergonomics, sights and loaded chamber indicator etc.

Glxspk
13-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I agree. I have 26 pistols & Im planning on selling most of them.

Acciprone
13-04-2009, 09:29 PM
@glx which ones are u selling

Glxspk
14-04-2009, 01:21 AM
I exchanged my two USP Compacts with a brand new item that I should not mention here. :P

Cap1
26-04-2009, 12:01 PM
This does seem to be an item worth checking out. The website does a good selling job by describing the features.
http://www.steyr-aug.com/m_series_pistols.htm

Kulachi
26-04-2009, 01:27 PM
A friend bought an M9A1 in 85% condition a year ago. He abused it to about 65% condition uptil now. In his words, it was better than Glocks a great deal. I saw another one with DAAD a few days ago, in about 85% condition. Asking price was 300k+.

By the way DAAD has an HK USP .45 selling for 360k. Nice, big handgun. I am out of budget else I would have bought it. I am holding out till I find an MK23 :-) Father of all...