PDA

View Full Version : Online ordering of firearm accessories from china

common.denominator
20-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Recently I have found a lot of China based vendors offering what appear to be decent accessories for firearms. These include tactical slings, red dot sights, foregrips, mountable flashlights etc.
Has anyone on this forum ever ordered anything from these sites? I know the US based ones don't usually ship to Pakistan because of some embargo and if they do ship its very limited items. Here are a few links to some of the things I found:

1. Piccitany foregrip with flashlight for 45 dollars: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=foregrip&catId=0

2. Red dot sights for $26: http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs/367238973-Free-shipping-HD-3-mini-red-dot-sight-retail-and-wholesale-wholesalers.html

and lots of other things also.

Does anyone know how much duty I would have to pay for an item that costs around 45 dollars? If anyones ordered, then please share your experiences.

HussainAli
20-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Dear CD Bro, These Commercial Web Sites and that too from China, do offer many things and they may also get your order & payment (Online) but their delivery will be a BIG "?" as local "Law" and custom duties & legal status are major issues to handle with.

I may request you to please refrain such act, until you do not acquire a proper import or even a "Unit /Sample" import permission a good clearing agent at port /KHI may guide you full in this regards..

So think twice before you decide.

Regards

common.denominator
20-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Dear CD Bro, These Commercial Web Sites and that too from China, do offer many things and they may also get your order & payment (Online) but their delivery will be a BIG "?" as local "Law" and custom duties & legal status are major issues to handle with.

I may request you to please refrain such act, until you do not acquire a proper import or even a "Unit /Sample" import permission a good clearing agent at port /KHI may guide you full in this regards..

So think twice before you decide.

Regards

Thanks for the advice. That sounds like wayyy to much khwaari. Kind of kills the whole point of online ordering with so much hassle. Idea dropped!

Denovo87
20-04-2011, 04:51 PM
I do lot of online shopping (most of it for firearm parts), I never experienced any Chinese store neither I trust them.
Best way is to check online reviews on store before making any purchase, just google store name like " ABC Store Review" and you will have a clear idea how trusted is the vendor/store.

HussainAli
20-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I do lot of online shopping (most of it for firearm parts), I never experienced any Chinese store neither I trust them.
Best way is to check online reviews on store before making any purchase, just google store name like " ABC Store Review" and you will have a clear idea how trusted is the vendor/store.

Denovo87 Bro, I have a very good experince in getting items online related to "Cars & Jeep" for my own use and always got delivery on time even once from USA, but Bro CD is asking for Firearms related purchase, can you share some example of items you have brought off -Online shops please.

This may also add to my knowledge as well as our valued members.

Regards

Denovo87
20-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Denovo87 Bro, I have a very good experince in getting items online related to "Cars & Jeep" for my own use and always got delivery on time even once from USA, but Bro CD is asking for Firearms related purchase, can you share some example of items you have brought off -Online shops please.

This may also add to my knowledge as well as our valued members.

Regards

Brother Hasnain, as I wrote above that most of my purchases are of firearm parts (I do purchase automobile parts & accessories, clothing etc as well). In us there are stores who sell you (and ship to Pakistan) firearms parts n accessories but not more than $100 worth. You just check brownells.com to see their terms n conditions for international delivery for clear understanding of how this thing works LEGALLY and what are the legal constraints.

You are most welcome to ask if you need my assistance in this regard.

common.denominator
20-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks a lot Denovo87. I will look into this site and share my humble legal opinion. Can you please share with us how the duty is paid? Is it delivered to your home or do you have to collect it? Any agents used? Also, I know the duty varies from item to item but what is the approximate value paid? I wouldn't want to pay twice the amount of the item itself! Thanks in advance for your response, I know the members will benefit from this!

Brother Hasnain, as I wrote above that most of my purchases are of firearm parts (I do purchase automobile parts & accessories, clothing etc as well). In us there are stores who sell you (and ship to Pakistan) firearms parts n accessories but not more than $100 worth. You just check brownells.com to see their terms n conditions for international delivery for clear understanding of how this thing works LEGALLY and what are the legal constraints.

You are most welcome to ask if you need my assistance in this regard.

Denovo87
20-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks a lot Denovo87. I will look into this site and share my humble legal opinion. Can you please share with us how the duty is paid? Is it delivered to your home or do you have to collect it? Any agents used? Also, I know the duty varies from item to item but what is the approximate value paid? I wouldn't want to pay twice the amount of the item itself! Thanks in advance for your response, I know the members will benefit from this!

No problem at all CD bro, I will insist you (and any one else interested going into online purchase venture) checking the shipping options & International delivery options at brownells.com, I will then answer any questions you might have.

Regarding duties, they never been charged at any fixed rate, i think custom people charge it by the size n weight of the package, so nothing for sure. As a thumb of rule, anything you buy online will cost you about 70% more than its FOB.

SkeetShooter
20-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Friend of mine shops from ebay and he says it is one of the most trusted sites. You can shop from there thy calculate the final price with shipping charges aswell for us but at the end you got to pay the duty as well. In which overall, It costs us more then we buy things here of same brand.

HussainAli
21-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Friend of mine shops from ebay and he says it is one of the most trusted sites. You can shop from there thy calculate the final price with shipping charges aswell for us but at the end you got to pay the duty as well. In which overall, It costs us more then we buy things here of same brand.

Dear Skeet Shooter, This was also what I wanted to highlight along with legal status of some items.

Denovo87 Bro & CD Bro, I think I am missing the FUN of "Window Shopping Over Web" will google today and try to get the juice of the "Cane" and hope to put some cool stuff on this thread as well.........

Denovo87 Bro, Will also check "shipping options & International delivery options at brownells.com" ((((In fact its open on second window, let me check)))) Thanks for the Info...

Regards

khurramdool
21-04-2011, 06:29 PM
@common.denominator I want to buy few gears for my Glock, find few from www.lonewolfdist.com
Here is the original email which I received after inquiry.

I am sorry, we do not ship any firearms parts outside the US JR Shepardjshepard@lonewolfdist.com<mailto:jshepard@lonewolfdist.com> <http://www.lonewolfdist.com/>
Then one of my friend in USA did the job, he bought by his address and then send them to me.
100% cheaper than here.

Dr Hanif Malik
24-04-2011, 06:25 AM
many good rifles,.22 like brno and other rifles are being made in china but still exported to us and europe,if they are imported to pakistan,than it will be very great for us.we should also cordinate with big names gun deales,because only huge qty can be imorted from china in cheap rates.