PDA

View Full Version : Streamlight TLR2 for my Glock19

khurramdool
17-04-2011, 11:33 PM
A.O.A
Bought my new Streamlight Combo TLR2 few day back here are some specs.

Case Material:
6000 Series machined aircraft aluminum with black anodized finish main body impact, chemically resistant engineering polymer laser housing. Available in Black.

Dimensions:
Length: 3.26 in. (8.28 cm) Width: 1.47 in. (3.73 cm) Height: 1.83in. (4.64 cm)

Weight:
4.72 oz (133.8 grams).

Lens:
High temperature, shock mounted, impact resistant, Boro Float Glass lens.
C4 LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime.

Light Output:
650-660 nm Laser, up to 7,000 candela( peak beam intensity);135 lumens.

Light Source:
Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a concentrated beam with optimum
peripheral illumination.

On/Off:
Ambidextrous momentary/steady On-Off switch.

Run Time:
Three position Mode Selector switch (Laser only, LED Illumination only, both) 2.5 hours.
Solid-state current regulation for consistent illumination level. 45+ Hours Laser-only mode.

Battery:
Two (2) 3V CR123A lithium.

Features:
One handed snap-on and tighten interface keeps hands away from muzzle when attaching/detaching.
Securely fits a broad range of weapons.
Mounts directly to handguns with Glock-style rails and to all MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) rails.
Includes keys for Glock-style, Picatinny, Beretta 90two, S&W 99 and S&W TSW.
Extensively live-fire tested impact resistant construction.
Windage and Elevation adjustment screws mounted in brass bushings for long life and dependable zeroing.
Highly accurate sight repeatablility when remounting.
Operating temperature: -40F to +120F.
IPX4 rated design for water resistant operation.

AK47
18-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Congrats! No price mentioned? Brand new?

Do us a favor plz, zero it at a reasonable SD distance, test it out and post a review here with pics of POA and POI's, also check zero retention.

Regards.

khurramdool
18-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks AK47 bro sorry for price tag 35k NIB not tried it yet will inshaAllah soon post its review with pictures.

AK47
18-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Thanks Khurramdool bro, yes, do post a review and report back on it's zero-hold retention also. I'd suggest you zero it in at 15 mtrs.

Regards.

Btw, from the copperish/golden colored zero setting adjustment screws, I've a feeling it will retain it's zero-setting, since it looks these are tightly placed as contrary to Chinese replica's. Best of luck.

khurramdool
18-04-2011, 09:13 AM
@AK47 bro Thanks for ur ''VALUABLE'' Suggestion it does have both windage and elevation screws on left and bottom, and it also comes with 4 keys for different weapons mount like GL-Glocks or universal rails (in pic no 4), S&W - TSW & 99 and for 1913-Mil Std picatinny and Beretta-90Two.

AK47
18-04-2011, 09:24 AM
@AK47 bro Thanks for ur ''VALUABLE'' Suggestion it does have both windage and elevation screws on left and bottom, and it also comes with 4 keys for different weapons mount like GL-Glocks or universal rails (in pic no 4), S&W - TSW & 99 and for 1913-Mil Std picatinny and Beretta-90Two.

The windage/elevation screws in this model really look like they're gonna stay at the set positions, I like the conical, silverish channel/hole in which they're placed and it seems to me, they'll have a tight adjustment. I've tried several Chinese POS laser sights and the trouble is usually these screws, since they set at zero very loosely, and leave the setting in a few shots only.

Btw, Akram's shop in Lahore does the zero setting superbly with a laser boresighter and at the cost of some Rs. 400 only. I've however come to the conclusion, that just aligning them well with the front and rear sights of the gun, making sure that you hold it straight and not with even a slight limp-wrist, gives a good enough setting. Try it.

Regards.

khurramdool
18-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes Dear, as I said earlier there r two Allen Screws in brass bushing holds firmly u need a bit force to turn on either sides means clock or anti clockwise and yes I did adjust it with front and rear sight pointing on an object. But still needs practical demonstration to prove my point.

arfat110
18-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Congrats for light bro