PDA

View Full Version : Sig Mosquito !!! Reviewed.

SkeetShooter
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Sig mosquito is really a beauty with 2 safeties and a decoker and itís just the 90% of sig p228. But when it comes to reliability itís not that reliable but it has a great trigger control. The most important thing is you can just practice to draw it from holster and can practice rapid firing with .22 ammo which is not that expensive as 9mm is:smile:. And its accuracy is good but due to the gap in sights its sights are average.

Few things are to be noted.

1. itís not for home defense.
2. itís not the target pistol itís the pattern pistol.
3. Its reliability is below average

SkeetShooter
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Though i am satisfied with it but please do let me know if there is any better pattern pistol then this for i like to keep on trading pistols. And do correct me where i am wrong.

Denovo87
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Welcome to Pakguns Skeeter bro, would you mind telling what do you mean by "pattern pistol"?

SkeetShooter
01-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you very much bro well A pattern, from the frence patron, is a type of theme of recurring events or objects, sometimes referred to as elements of a set of objects.

Well i dont really know what most people call it but i think that the pattern pistols are those which usually have small barrels can't shoot most of the shoots in bulls eye while target pistols can which have long barrels like ruger mark III.

Aquarius
01-04-2011, 11:46 PM
If reliability is below average as mentioned by Sir Skeeter, then at least I will stay away from Mosquito.

Dr Zakir
01-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Sir this is not skeeter 60 . This one of our new member welcome to the forum .

Aquarius
02-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Sir this is not skeeter 60 . This one of our new member welcome to the forum .

Oh thanks for correcting me Dr Sahib.. I thought its our Sir Skeeter.. still I will stand by my words that if its reliability is below average, I wouldn't touch it.

Arslan_tareen
02-04-2011, 12:07 AM
to be honest i have never seen a 100% reliable small .22 pistol .. i think its more of a rifle and target shooting bore , correct me if am wrong , does any one knows a .22 pistol 100% reliable like in 9mm ,.45 ,.30 etc ??

Aquarius
02-04-2011, 12:20 AM
to be honest i have never seen a 100% reliable small .22 pistol .. i think its more of a rifle and target shooting bore , correct me if am wrong , does any one knows a .22 pistol 100% reliable like in 9mm ,.45 ,.30 etc ??

Exactly.. 100 percent agreed with you Sir on the reliability issue of .22 handguns except the Ruger & Browning Buckmark.

Trigger_happy78
02-04-2011, 12:24 AM
@ skeeter bro, whould u mind explaining how this has a great trigger control? Cuz when i tried it the DA trigger pull on this gun is very heavy. Its heavier then the S&W Sigma. And SA doesn't get any better either.

AK47
02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
@ skeeter bro, whould u mind explaining how this has a great trigger control? Cuz when i tried it the DA trigger pull on this gun is very heavy. Its heavier then the S&W Sigma. And SA doesn't get any better either.

I have never fired a .22 handgun, so can't really comment on the Mosquito, yet let me just add my 2 cents, that .22 Rimfire ammo does require a relatively harder primer strike than typical center-fire. This is the reason why even .22 Revolvers have a relatively heavier DA pull, typically around 12lbs!!

I cannot pass comments on the Mosquito, my regrets.

Regards.

SkeetShooter
02-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Well my story of buying this little angel says it all. Here goes the story.

Law and order situation had worsen on our side which made me think of buying some good bore pistol and I bought glock 21 from Para. I have always been good with shot gun and I have been hunting quail on every season but when it came to the pistol I had no idea and my first day in range with it was so much upsetting that from 30 feet I couldn’t even hit the target paper and the bullet as we all know is too expensive of .45. Then finally learning of stances from videos I got confidence and then I could shoot little better but bullet cost only remained the issue now. Then i was forced to buy .22 caliber pistol and I had choices walther sp or issc or this mosquito. Mosquito was very eye depicting and its trigger seemed to be smooth and good. I bought an uncle mike holster with it. I learned to rapid firing and quick draw from holster and shoot from it. Now I was able to shoot 100 rounds daily and it gave me so much confidence that after that glock 21 was not an issue and I was able to hit bull’s eye. It was 57k and I am sure it had paid me off its price.

SkeetShooter
02-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Dear Aquarius I use fedrel ammo and sometimes even my HK rifle misses it. It does strikes at the back but it isnít fired. So when it comes to reliability I would never prefer this .22 caliber for home or for self-defense. But itís the best practice pistol I bet.
@Trigger happy bro. While I was researching on mosquito I learned that it has the hard trigger but the new lot of mosquito from 2006 has the improved trigger and I feel mine is quite smooth. I shoot with glock, sig p226, walther, ruger markII, Walther .32 cal, but you canít say its bad it above average and I like it.

AK47
02-04-2011, 03:45 PM

+1!

I agree. In caliber .22, a revolver using the .22 Magnum round would be much more preferable.

The entire machining of parts is so miniature, that only the best in the line, like Ruger, Browning, have concentrated on the absolute smooth functioning. A slight deviation in pressure of round even is enough to upset the gun's cycling.

Do we have any Walther reviews here?

Regards.

Denovo87
02-04-2011, 04:16 PM
.22 round is rimmed thus very sensitive to semi auto cycling, in revolvers or bolt actions its perfect.

SkeetShooter
02-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Totally agree with Denovo 87.

Asiftt
02-04-2011, 11:15 PM
I have seen a movie in which 22 handgun double fires due to its sensitivity, its CSI Miami season 2 episode 5 (the best defense).

gullybouy
28-05-2013, 02:02 PM
ASA

Me too a proud owner..

Soldier
08-09-2013, 08:36 PM
ASA

Me too a proud owner..

Brother, please share ur experience with it. I am also interested in it.

azeemness
09-09-2013, 05:35 PM
I have bought SIg mosquito and tried Winchester super X bullets on it and in rapid fire or shooting at target it did not miss a single shot. I have then tried Stinger by CCI and same result. So i think it is a good and affordable handgun to have and yes you can use it as self defence. Try different ammo on it and see what fits good. I am convinced that stinger is the ammo you can shoot the targets with and carry it with, for self defence.

azeemness
09-09-2013, 05:37 PM
soldier bro you can visit me anytime and try the little giant with different ammo. I would suggest that you should have one.

Soldier
09-09-2013, 09:59 PM
I have bought SIg mosquito and tried Winchester super X bullets on it and in rapid fire or shooting at target it did not miss a single shot. I have then tried Stinger by CCI and same result. So i think it is a good and affordable handgun to have and yes you can use it as self defence. Try different ammo on it and see what fits good. I am convinced that stinger is the ammo you can shoot the targets with and carry it with, for self defence.

Thanx for the response bro. :)
Could u plz share the number of bullets u fired ?

Soldier
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
soldier bro you can visit me anytime and try the little giant with different ammo. I would suggest that you should have one.

Thanx for the offer. I will visit u soon. :)

Ammar Raja
30-09-2013, 07:55 PM
.22 might be a performer at range and mainly because of its low recoil comparatively, but I doubt about the suggestion of it as an SD weapon.But again i think it's more about personal preferences:-)

Regards,

B-King
01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
@ azeemness bro posts some pics of the gun and how much did u pay for it?

Verve
07-10-2013, 03:31 AM
I don't agree that .22LR is not for SD or HD. If you have a properly functional pistol with good accuracy for at least 25m, then it is the shooter's ability and where he is aiming at the BG that matters. .22LR high velocity rounds can instantly kill if bullets hit certain body parts.

Enigmatic Desires
07-10-2013, 05:54 PM
especially of they are hyper vilo hollow points

B-King
07-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Guys .22lr can not be used as HD because it not not inflict such damage as 9mm or .45 if not hit at the AREA where the BG gets in trauma n just passes away. very true! but as a carry gun for SD it is a good weapon because most SD happen at close range. and what ever round you carry can have devastating effect on the BG. and people who dont know where to shoot, have no experience and do not know their weapon.They can not protect them selves even if you give them HK .45.
I believe it is a very devastating round at close range.

Muhammad m
08-10-2013, 11:09 AM

I have seen a reliable .22 handgun and its the llama .22 like the 1911.
it doesnt give issues unless it faces faulty ammo