PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Spot Lights (Coleman --Vs-- Q-Beam )

Virk
07-03-2011, 11:42 AM
What is the best spot light for your money?

Which is the best Coleman / Q-Beam ????

Tiger Roars
07-03-2011, 04:45 PM
@Virk; all 12V/24V light weight with medium size bright spotlights focus, are good. its working ability also depends on your Jeep/Car battery,generator and wiring conditions.

francolino
07-03-2011, 06:58 PM
good topic that virk has started...and very nice reply by TR...but i wd like to ask TR whats the way to go about it if one wants to have perfect setup other than good spotlights like wiring etc he mentioned?
I have coleman 800000 (8 lac) candlepower computerized beam which has worked great since 1997 the yr i bought it from abroad. Second v good light though a bit short on bulb life is 400000 candlepower Brinkmann Q Beam BIGMAX that i hv been using, and one has to buy 2 extra bulbs with them to avoid future 'jams'.
One thing to look for quality is that the light shd hv computerized reflector design among i am sure other features.
A very gd third spotlight for hunting that i hv heard is LIGHT FORCE (an Australian coy). Check their website. Last one is heard to be one of the best lately.

Tiger Roars
08-03-2011, 11:59 AM
good topic that virk has started...and very nice reply by TR...but i wd like to ask TR whats the way to go about it if one wants to have perfect setup other than good spotlights like wiring etc he mentioned?
I have coleman 800000 (8 lac) candlepower computerized beam which has worked great since 1997 the yr i bought it from abroad. Second v good light though a bit short on bulb life is 400000 candlepower Brinkmann Q Beam BIGMAX that i hv been using, and one has to buy 2 extra bulbs with them to avoid future 'jams'.
One thing to look for quality is that the light shd hv computerized reflector design among i am sure other features.
A very gd third spotlight for hunting that i hv heard is LIGHT FORCE (an Australian coy). Check their website. Last one is heard to be one of the best lately.

@francolino; brother you have good spotlights.
But even than some times mostly experienced poor spots with good lights.
Few common reasons I mentioned in previous post. So, you don't have to do any thing additional with your wirings; if already its fine.

But "ONE BEST TIP" is in my practice since 17 years.
I experienced Q Beam BIGMAX including some more good lights; and after many experiments, I got solution for best stable spot on the target for many hours search in the dark.

Since long-long time I am using China made Ordinary 400000.CP; available every where from 500.rupees to 800.rupees; but need small alterations further to make it good light weight handy Spotlight.
I shall try to post the pictures of my cheap but excellent spotlight.

Apply the steps as following to enjoy your spotlight;
1- Replace element H-1 or H-1, 100.Wat (originally fixed) with 130.Wat.(every where available).

2- Replace total wire of your spotlight with heavy-duty 24 volts Auto Wire (important is; keep length according to your requirement; don’t make long unnecessary).

3- “Use a good quality Power Transfer 12V/24V DC Relay; fix the relay immediate near to the element. (Its smaller in size and an easily can be fix in any spotlight reflector box).

4- Mount good quality of “Battery Wire Clips” to attach with Battery terminals.

The said technique you can apply with your any favorite light to enjoy its better results.
"NOW ENJOY YOUR SPOTLIGHT FOR ALL KIND OF NIGHT GAMES"

Virk
08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I agreed 12V Coleman 800000 (8 lac) candlepower is the best.

"King Of Kings"
08-03-2011, 11:01 PM
nice thread started by virk bro,
Can some one tell me about the spot lights with battries.if someone is going for hunt on foot and not having any vehicle,for sure he need a spot light with a strong battery.we can find so many spot lights in the market with battries but some of them are having less battery time,some of them having more battery time but not a good throw of light,not a good range.
i am looking for a good hunting spot light with good range and throw and deffinately a long battery time. and if it will be in a good price also it will be great.
please give some ideas?????

thanks and regards.

MHMalik
25-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I recently bought a Qbeam light in quite a hurry because I had to go for upland game and it was the only one available in the shop. Long story short, the light failed on me only two hours into the hunt of intermittent use and also blew the lighter socket wire with it ( Some sort of short circuit). So was stuck with no light. Also, the build quality is also not justified by the price. I regret the purchase. Will not settle for anything but lightforce as I have nothing but praise for it..

Birdshooter007
26-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Where are Coleman and lightforce spotlights available and at what price?

MHMalik
26-01-2013, 04:34 PM
@Birdshooter: Try Gown House in Pindi. Coleman LED is available at Buksh Elahi The Mall, Lahore.

Birdshooter007
26-01-2013, 08:27 PM
@Birdshooter: Try Gown House in Pindi. Coleman LED is available at Buksh Elahi The Mall, Lahore.
Ok thanks. Gown house rips you off good, I'll get one from abroad.