PDA

View Full Version : Ethics + Guns: How to behave, Control

someone_001
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
It seems to be a good Gun Talk forum , share of know how and a good education forum on different aspect of life, but in fact one thing, i felt missing that we do talk about ethic but never share it on a wider scale between us. Maybe a wider platforms like Pakguns is what exactly a assurance that can be pass on to generations.

I do request all the member to add on their idea of Ethic of Guns and Hunting sports illustration , their storage so all of us stay under one mutual understanding.

1. Always treat a weapon as loaded. "few words but contains a life time experience. "

Dr Zakir
02-02-2011, 12:40 AM
2. Never do aireal firing
3. U should have a clear view where your bullet will end up , shooting blindly especially in bushes can injure
3. Never hand a loaded weapon to any one.
4. Don't let your weapon lying around in house without lock especially if kids are there
5. Don't clean weapons in front of family members .

Silent killerr
02-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Never point gun to anything you don't wanna destroy, even if it is empty

someone_001
03-02-2011, 03:07 AM
Always obey rules of your hunting land.

hunter468
24-02-2011, 11:34 AM
especially dont get panic,
Hunting is a game of chance if u miss take it easYYYYYYYYY.

Mudassir
26-02-2011, 08:27 PM
never take out a loaded gun in an argument or only do so in self defense, i recently witnessed a motorist arguing with another at a traffic light and in anger took out his gun and fired a few rounds causing everyone to panic, he then took off like nothing happened.. if one owns a gun one needs to behave oneself

Loser
27-11-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm looking for some guide lines, I mean what should we do when we go to a place and Arms & Ammu is not allowed? what should we do when we go bank and we have to surrender the weapon at walk through gates? what we have to do when Police ask to give weapon so that they could verify the Arms serial number!

Nazim Sahib
27-11-2011, 10:55 AM
@Loser firstly try not to go to a place where arms and ammo isnt allowed.Try not to get yourself into that situation.When going to Bank leave ur arm and ammo in the car and do so discretelly so no one notices.
When Police want to verify your serial number just hand over your weapon and allow them to do so,the police have the authority to do so.

Loser
28-11-2011, 04:55 PM
@Loser firstly try not to go to a place where arms and ammo isnt allowed.Try not to get yourself into that situation.When going to Bank leave ur arm and ammo in the car and do so discretelly so no one notices.
When Police want to verify your serial number just hand over your weapon and allow them to do so,the police have the authority to do so.

Dealer told me to remove the mag from the pistol and be sure it has no chambered bullet and give them your weapon to get it verified!

Loser
01-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Any more guide lines?

Avais
01-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Never show-up your gun unless there is no way out except to use it.

Moeen
01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Salam All,

NEVER:

Take a gun with you where it is NOT welcome... or rather than impressing someone you won't be welcome. (Bank)
Point it at anyone or anything including the TV! (blew a 40" with a 30.06 rifle '87)
Play with it. (went off in the bathroom one morning - Molina .45)
Treat a gun as if its empty... Consider it always loaded even with the slide locked back and the magazine out! (Damn Davis .25acp thought it was empty and the slide slammed forward with an abrupt fire)
Try to be a hero by doing something with a gun that you are unsure of including clearing jams of other people's weapons. (Had a Maadi rifle go off trying to clear a jam)
Keep your guns and ammo in the same place at home... especially if you have children. (safe thus far...)
Treat a gun as empty EVEN IF your father, mother, sister, brother hand it to you. (Father handed me a .45 at the range thinking it was empty, went off)

I have experienced the above listed incident(s) atleast ONCE in my 28 years of handling firearms.

AK47
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
^ Practical experiences above, very true and correct advices, by Moeen bro.

I personally, in addition to all above, stress upon following:

1) Never let weapons fuel you with false bravery of any sort.

2) Draw your gun only if it's the absolutely LAST RESORT. Then DO use it, as LAST RESORT!

Regards.

Loser
02-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Salam All,

NEVER:

Take a gun with you where it is NOT welcome... or rather than impressing someone you won't be welcome. (Bank)
Point it at anyone or anything including the TV! (blew a 40" with a 30.06 rifle '87)
Treat a gun as if its empty... Consider it always loaded even with the slide locked back and the magazine out! (Damn Davis .25acp thought it was empty and the slide slammed forward with an abrupt fire)
Try to be a hero by doing something with a gun that you are unsure of including clearing jams of other people's weapons. (Had a Maadi rifle go off trying to clear a jam)
Keep your guns and ammo in the same place at home... especially if you have children. (safe thus far...)
Treat a gun as empty EVEN IF your father, mother, sister, brother hand it to you. (Father handed me a .45 at the range thinking it was empty, went off)

I have experienced the above listed incident(s) atleast ONCE in my 28 years of handling firearms.

^ Practical experiences above, very true and correct advices, by Moeen bro.

I personally, in addition to all above, stress upon following:

1) Never let weapons fuel you with false bravery of any sort.

2) Draw your gun only if it's the absolutely LAST RESORT. Then DO use it, as LAST RESORT!

Regards.

Bundle of thanks! I got it .. not to be use unless the situation get worst! Consider it as a Tool not a Toy =)

Nazim Sahib
03-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Dealer told me to remove the mag from the pistol and be sure it has no chambered bullet and give them your weapon to get it verified!

I agree but the police are professionals they know what they are doing and they do handle weapons.once a friend of mine was arrested in the district courts when a rival group complained that he was packing some heat,when the police apprehended him they took him straight to a Magistrate who asked for his license and firearm.My friend handed the Magistrate a loaded,chambered pistol which even had the hammer back (a very stupid thing to do).
After a few moments he informed the Magistrate of how locked and loaded his handgun is and the magistrate almost dropped the gun lol

Sturmgewehr
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree but the police are professionals they know what they are doing and they do handle weapons.once a friend of mine was arrested in the district courts when a rival group complained that he was packing some heat,when the police apprehended him they took him straight to a Magistrate who asked for his license and firearm.My friend handed the Magistrate a loaded,chambered pistol which even had the hammer back (a very stupid thing to do).
After a few moments he informed the Magistrate of how locked and loaded his handgun is and the magistrate almost dropped the gun lol
hahaha About the police part,I wouldnt be so sure....all my army relatives make fun of police officers and jawans and their attitudes when it comes to handling firearms[even the so called elite force]....I have personally seen them accidently discharging a few shots from their G3's[they thought the weapon was empty,and what kind of an idiot keeps it on full auto in a peaceful civilian area] and then running away before some one could catch and subject them to "awami chitroll".This ones about the 3rd such wacky incident in my neighbourhood...the whole police training regimine is basically focussed towards making "dashkaras" who have brawn but no brain.
Army jawans arent perfect but they are still way more professional then these guys could ever hope to be.

Buri cheez
06-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Salam All,

NEVER:

walikumusalam... lol.. . thats pretty interesting career with firearm you have had there...

lunaticx
07-04-2012, 07:30 AM
** your fire arm is your responsibility. It should be treated like a responsibility in your hand rather than a toy..... doing circus with the gun sirf rajnikant per hi acha lagta hai... lol

TRX
18-04-2012, 04:54 AM
The Four Rules, usually attributed to Jeff Cooper:

1) All guns are always loaded.
Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.

2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
(For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)

3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.

4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.
Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

It's possible to argue about some of them, but it would be hard to go wrong by obeying them.

Enigmatic Desires
18-04-2012, 04:30 PM
If all else fails an u needs must take out a firearm in anger in a heated argument try an knock some sense into him with the butt end instead of the business end.

Ali Khan
18-04-2012, 05:04 PM
If all else fails an u needs must take out a firearm in anger in a heated argument try an knock some sense into him with the butt end instead of the business end.

very well said sir :)

Username
18-04-2012, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Enigmatic Desires;262114]If all else fails an u needs must take out a firearm in anger in a heated argument try an knock some sense into him with the butt end instead of the business end.[\QUOTE]

LOLs :-D

rmishaq
18-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice thread. A couple of things my father (who's taught me pretty much everything I know in this area) has always said:

1. Before handling the gun, know how it is supposed to be used. Now I'm kinda slow mentally, so I start out by reading the manual every time I buy a new gun just to be sure which one is the business end of the gun
2. Always make sure that the gun is in proper working order at all times, so cleaning/maintenance is a must
3. Always know what is around your target, especially behind it

His favorite quote is "There no bomb disposal experts alive in the world"; which I interpret as a caution against getting so comfortable around a gun that it leads to carelessness.
That's my 2 cents on this and apologies for any repetitions.

On a side note, @Moeen bhai ... "Never Play with it. (went off in the bathroom one morning - Molina .45)" the only words that stuck with me were ".45", "Play" and "Bathroom".... would really love to hear that story sometime :eyebrows:

chakoo
18-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Never pull out a weapon on someone if you don't intend to use it cause pulling it out might escalate an already sticky situation and you'd be left with no choice but to use it.

Username
18-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Never pull out a weapon on someone if you don't intend to use it cause pulling it out might escalate an already sticky situation and you'd be left with no choice but to use it.

Right bro, agree. I myself faced such situation, when there was no choice to fire or fear.

chakoo
18-04-2012, 10:44 PM
wow bro did you actually ended up using it?

Username
19-04-2012, 01:13 PM
wow bro did you actually ended up using it?

If you are asking me, I then had to fire up-in air (above the head of that challengeing and brave boy of opponent group who cried "chal chaala") like I am hitting him but infact I was tricking, It worked he ran. It was back in Islamabad in late 90s, when I was a college-ka larka :-) After that I never pulled out and aimed in any minor brawls. Now, when I remember, I feel, as if I was not having a brain then :-D LOLs

DOM
23-04-2012, 02:22 AM
Be calm calm and calm.
And i agree ak47 only use as last resort