PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cleaning oil

PA
13-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Please tell me where can we buy gun cleaning oil in Karachi and what is the exact nomenclature for gun cleaning oil ?

13-01-2011, 03:08 PM
It is available with most arms dealers. Prices for a small bottle for army type oil PX 4 is Rs 100 in Lahore. Beretta oil about Rs 1000. and some cheaper ones as well.

SPAYPANTHER
13-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Please tell me where can we buy gun cleaning oil in Karachi and what is the exact nomenclature for gun cleaning oil ?

In general oil use only lubrication not for cleaning, so go for a cleaner like BURNOX and WD40 type products...

PA
14-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Thanks, but which is good for lubrication of the guns?

Arslan_tareen
14-01-2011, 02:10 PM
use synthetic gun oil for final lubrication it also some time has rust removing quality so is great way to do normal to medium level rust and dust cleaning , am sure its available in market also i dont know if its available or not trying finding synthetic grease if you can a very very thin layer of it does magic and is non adhesive of dust and does not jam the weapon like normal Grease .

just checked my cupboard and the name of the oil is G96 synthetic gun oil its one of the only three oils approved by the highest us military r&d department i have found it working miracles on the gun .

Usama
14-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Better to go for Nasa or Brunox and avoid Wd40 .

PA
14-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Thank you everyone

shahsaeen
14-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I have a hectic schedule taking care of very delicate blued gun finishes. Hoppes gun lubricating oil did not give the rust protection i require. I finally found break free clp with the otis kit. I use a little amount and it combats rust perfectly. Also it keeps a thin dry film on blueing so no dust sticks to it. It is good for a year (this is how long i have tested it and again i did not find any rust but i again oiled it lightly) also i keep silica gel with the guns. Therefore the combination of both is perfect. I have a brunox can, nasa rusto-nil can, belgium made perfects gun oil. But i have not used any of them yet as i am satisfied with break free clp. When it runs out then i will be forced to look at other options. Does brunox leave a dry film or a wet one that attracts dust?

02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
After firing a weapon, it should be cleaned and oiled. As per the old procedure, one had to first use boiling water and flush it down the barrel a few times. Then followed by cleaning cloth pull through the barrel and finally oiling the barrel and metal parts. In 1989, a fresh policy was circulated which suggested that instead of using pull through and cloth excessively to clean foul deposits in the barrel, we should use oil soacked cloth ( Chindi ) and allow it to work on deposits. It will soften the residue in time and then make it easier to remove. Excessive wear and tear of barrel will be avoided. Also I find that oiling of metal parts hold on for longer periods if the weapon is covered in a layer of plastic sheet.

Viking
18-02-2011, 08:47 PM
@shahsaeen bro can u plz tell me k from which shop u buy these brunox,nasa rustonil,break free products i m also looking for good cleaner and lubricating oil plz also suggest k mai konsay brand per jao n also mention brands product name thanks

Viking
20-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Bump any one

umer118
23-02-2011, 12:44 AM
ive always used WD40.... works great so far. readily avalable. A bro said here earlier to avoid it... y? i mean if its not gud i should stop using it !

Amjad Ali
23-02-2011, 12:13 PM
lubrication have a lot of options but it`s naccessory to know that how to safe/pack your gun after clean & lubricate.

if you use bretta oil or use local oil and leave your gun in open atmosphere , the lubrication will do not safe your gun .

if you clean your gun with any of mentioned lubrications & you are satisfied from that , then just safe your gun & enjoy your self

hounddawg
26-02-2011, 06:48 PM
After firing a weapon, it should be cleaned and oiled. As per the old procedure, one had to first use boiling water and flush it down the barrel a few times. Then followed by cleaning cloth pull through the barrel and finally oiling the barrel and metal parts. In 1989, a fresh policy was circulated which suggested that instead of using pull through and cloth excessively to clean foul deposits in the barrel, we should use oil soacked cloth ( Chindi ) and allow it to work on deposits. It will soften the residue in time and then make it easier to remove. Excessive wear and tear of barrel will be avoided. Also I find that oiling of metal parts hold on for longer periods if the weapon is covered in a layer of plastic sheet.

Well, it's your gun, so you can clean it however you want. I wouldn't use water on any of my guns, except my muzzle loaders, and then only once I have removed the lock and the stock from the barrel.

Storing guns in plastic, well, again I wouldn't do it to my guns. Water condenses on plastic. If you have a problem with humidity, get a dehumidifier.

I use one of these kits. It is an armourer's kit, so it has everything (almost) that I'll ever need, but it's very expensive.

http://www.otisgun.com/images/2%20-%20MFG-640-76%20(display)_Large%20+%20Multi-Large.jpg

Afzaal
27-02-2011, 10:33 AM
i found Winchester CLP best so far...

croblade
15-03-2011, 04:46 PM
WD40 is good for cleaning, but it is very aggressive in long term of use. I never used it on firearms, but one of my PAP (SKS) bayonets was kept in cotton soaked with WD40. After year and half damage was obvious.

Plastic cases can be good for keeping weapons, but only if you put substance to dry air inside case. Plastic bags (like one you get in shop) are not good because of, as hounddawg said, water condenses. It would be best to oil them and warp with acidless paper or uncolored cotton.

Renaissance Wax is great substance for conserving all kind of metal, plastic, leather, glass, rubber, paper… surface. It is mush have for any collection. It is not expensive and you may get it in almost all shops those sales conservation products. But RW is used for conserving if you need weapon oil to lube and use your gun I would recommended Balistol oil. Many hunters here use it for their weapons. It is not expensive and do really good work.

croblade
15-03-2011, 04:48 PM
@hounddawg

Is that Gerber's kit?

assad ahmad nawab
15-03-2011, 04:50 PM
can we clean the gun with petrol ???

francolino
15-03-2011, 05:48 PM
just use "Brunox" (OR any gd cleaning solvent) for cleaning residue and "Beretta Oil" for lubricating (leave a thin film only) after that ... you will preserve your firearm forever. I mentioned these two bec they are readily available. Others in general incl WD40 are crap in my opinion. They damage the gun rather than clean it.

HussainAli
16-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Dear Assad Bro, I have been cleaning infact socked my Guns into petrol (After removing the plastic /rubber parts) then I use Carburator cleaner only cleaning Barrel inside. and then sock it in petrol.

But I dry then properily and after use NASA Rust-O-Nil to lubricate softly.......

This is what I am doing for years and on my every Hand Guns /rifels, But as Feancolino bro said, using "Brunox" & Beretta Oil is also a good method, some members do "Boil" barrel in clean /pure water to clean & dry.

I shared my personal experince with you, many members are keeping their Guns safe by different methods and most of these are good enougf to keep you wapon "Clean" out of "Dust & Rust".

Regards

Saifali
16-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Dear Viking, give me your e-mail i.d

Saifali
16-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Dear Shah,
Thanks for sharing your experience to all of us. Kindly give me your email address.

assad ahmad nawab
16-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Dear Assad Bro, I have been cleaning infact socked my Guns into petrol (After removing the plastic /rubber parts) then I use Carburator cleaner only cleaning Barrel inside. and then sock it in petrol.

But I dry then properily and after use NASA Rust-O-Nil to lubricate softly.......

This is what I am doing for years and on my every Hand Guns /rifels, But as Feancolino bro said, using "Brunox" & Beretta Oil is also a good method, some members do "Boil" barrel in clean /pure water to clean & dry.

I shared my personal experince with you, many members are keeping their Guns safe by different methods and most of these are good enougf to keep you wapon "Clean" out of "Dust & Rust".

Regards

Ahan thanks bro, i asked because i have seen people cleaning mechanical parts of machines with petrol , so i thought why dont clean the gun , if it can really clean the gun . it will work on the guns

Saifali
16-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Dear Respected Members,
Who want to receive guns cleaning tutorial latest version, give me e-mail i.d. than I will send to them. We all say thanks to Administrator and moderators of this forum who create that's a different platform for all gun holders.

AL Nasir
16-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Assalam-0-alikum to all
Respected i read all threads some people said wd40 is good and some said its not good. i am in confusion. because i usually used to clean my rifles and pistols with WD-40. I didnt find any disadvantages of WD-40.

AL Nasir
16-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Assalam-0-alikum,

I need gun cleaning tutiorial

Zaheer
16-03-2011, 11:30 PM
@Saifali Bro

Can't you share your tutorial with forum so all members can benefit from that.

HussainAli
17-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Dear Saifali Bro, Asking the personal E-mail ID for members looks "Fishy", we are all intersted in viewing this online !!! you may share this with all of us over here ??

Regards

& Waiting for the Upload !!!!

Fayaz
17-03-2011, 03:19 PM
+1 Hussain ali

hunter468
25-03-2011, 08:13 PM
+1hussainali and fayaz

Saifali
26-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Fayaz Bro, give me your e-mail i.d

HussainAli
08-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Dear Saifali Bro, Asking the personal E-mail ID for members looks "Fishy", we are all intersted in viewing this online !!! you may share this with all of us over here ??

Regards

& Waiting for the Upload !!!!

Dear SaifAli Bro, We are waiting for your post ............please

Regards

francolino
08-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Assalam-0-alikum to all
Respected i read all threads some people said wd40 is good and some said its not good. i am in confusion. because i usually used to clean my rifles and pistols with WD-40. I didnt find any disadvantages of WD-40.

I recommend not use WD40 on long term. Use only Brunox or better cleaning solvents that do not damage plastic parts and don't corrode the gun finish (bluing etc) like wd40 does. WD40 even when applied shd not be wiped off strongly with cloth. Let it dry out for 30 mins or plus and then apply thin film of a good gun oil thru an oiled cloth and put few drops of oil in critical moving parts. Other thing is WD40 also is coming fake in market. Source only England made original spray can if at all you are using it in regular season. But long term storage with it is not recommended in my opinion if u r a gun lover and like to care about ur guns in the optimum way.
And friends...plz do share your info about which brands of a good cleaning solvent that cut grease and cartridge residue like Birchwood etc are available in Lahore market? And where can they be sourced (dealers?). Thnx!

siqbal41
02-05-2011, 06:14 PM
I bought a gun cleaning oil from the saddler shop (Lucky Star Karachi). The bohri guy there advised that this oil is imported and more workable than branded oils . I had clean on my gun with that oil but now I am afraid if it harms my gun. Do any one use this oil ? please share experience.

HussainAli
02-05-2011, 06:53 PM
I bought a gun cleaning oil from the saddler shop (Lucky Star Karachi). The bohri guy there advised that this oil is imported and more workable than branded oils . I had clean on my gun with that oil but now I am afraid if it harms my gun. Do any one use this oil ? please share experience.

Dear SIqbal41 Bro, what is the name ? and if possiable kindly post some pictures of the new oil ..... to share some thoughts with you.

Regards

siqbal41
03-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Dear Hussain Bro

There is no name written on the bottle. Its white oil in a transparent plastic bottle. I am in my office right now. Will post pictures later.

Dear SIqbal41 Bro, what is the name ? and if possiable kindly post some pictures of the new oil ..... to share some thoughts with you.

Regards

HussainAli
03-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Dear Hussain Bro

There is no name written on the bottle. Its white oil in a transparent plastic bottle. I am in my office right now. Will post pictures later.

Dear Iqbal Bro, be aware imported oils are properily marked & taged along with the details of the mixture, so hope you have come across some "Local" stuff or imported stuff re-packed in different packings etc.

Hope All is Well

Regards

Wajahat
04-05-2011, 03:14 AM
if u have any one who works for an electirik company in ppl of my city's case KESC try and get some oil that has been consumed by a PMT, you will not beleive the results you get from it, its beyound the WOW phase :P

12GAUGE
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
if u have any one who works for an electirik company in ppl of my city's case KESC try and get some oil that has been consumed by a PMT, you will not beleive the results you get from it, its beyound the WOW phase :P

Bro, as per my understanding, transformer oil is ordinary napthanic oil which is mostly used as coolant. therefore I do not see any advantage in using such oil. plus its flash point is also pretty low (around 140-150C) for a firearm specific oil.

Regards.

Skeeter60
04-05-2011, 10:31 AM
TRANSFORMER OIL IS CARCINOGENIC. WARNINIG
Gentlemen the Transformer oil is a known cancer causing element. This is one reason why the Transformers using oil are now obsolete and being phased out slowly.

HussainAli
04-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Gentlemen the Transformer oil is a known cancer causing element. This is one reason why the Transformers using oil are now obsolete and being phased out slowly.

Skeeter60 Bro, Very ture in the next generation of Power Distribution system, Transformers are build up of different technology mostly air cooled based etc..............

I was also having some concerned using this Oil, as we use very little oil in our Guns and that to need to be of specific grade & dust resisting etc ............................this is not the case of transformer oil.

Regards

Furrukh
09-07-2011, 12:24 AM
I ignored gun cleaning oil and used machine oil to lube the slides. Went and bought Hoppes oil just for the fun of it and believe me boys the oil was fantastic, the thickness proved it...

SalmanHusain
09-07-2011, 01:14 AM
y dont you ppl use hoppes gun cleaning kit?? i have never kept a fire arm but i have a lot of excellent reviews on hoppes products which are easily available in Karachi for approx 2500rs which might last a couple of year!!!!
Hows diesel or kerosene oil instead of petrol for removing rust and dirt???

SalmanHusain
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXVCsyysNOg&feature=related

SalmanHusain
09-07-2011, 01:23 AM
sorry it was outers!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qPkw8B9h54&feature=related

Sniperz
19-07-2011, 04:15 PM
BRUNOX?
NASA RUST O NIL?
HOPPES no.9?
OTIS OIL?

What are their PRICE in LAHORE? And best shop in Neela Gumbad?
Actually in past I'm in dark, and using WD 40 and ordinary machine oil.

Furrukh
19-07-2011, 09:36 PM
BRUNOX?
NASA RUST O NIL?
HOPPES no.9?
OTIS OIL?

What are their PRICE in LAHORE? And best shop in Neela Gumbad?
Actually in past I'm in dark, and using WD 40 and ordinary machine oil.

If you are using Brunox, no need to use Nasa Rust O NIL. And if you are using Hoppes No. 9 lubricating oil then no need for Otis Oil. Hoppes No. 9 gun powder solvent is a separate product altogether.

Canik
09-09-2011, 02:01 PM
can anyone please update the prices of
Nasa Rust o Nil gun oil..????
and shop name in karachi

Furrukh
09-09-2011, 08:29 PM
can anyone please update the prices of
Nasa Rust o Nil gun oil..????
and shop name in karachi

Forget Rust o Nil. Get Brunox 3 in 1 spray for 1k large bottle.

Canik
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Forget Rust o Nil. Get Brunox 3 in 1 spray for 1k large bottle.

Shop name??

Shobi
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Dear All,
What is best for CF98's outer part? I just cleaned it with Wd40, after shooting 25 rounds. And lubricated it with ordinary oil in transparent bottle , which i got from Lucky Star Karachi.

Please help??? What should I used for the outer part made up of plastic, I dont know how to clean it and with which cleaner, also please tell me which should I buy for barrel ? Brunox 3 in one or Hoppes?

Furrukh
12-09-2011, 07:00 PM
Shop name??

Any shop in Karachi bro

Furrukh
12-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Dear All,
What is best for CF98's outer part? I just cleaned it with Wd40, after shooting 25 rounds. And lubricated it with ordinary oil in transparent bottle , which i got from Lucky Star Karachi.

Please help??? What should I used for the outer part made up of plastic, I dont know how to clean it and with which cleaner, also please tell me which should I buy for barrel ? Brunox 3 in one or Hoppes?

For barrel. Brunox spray followed my Gun powder solvent by Hoppes

For inner and outer body Brunox Spray

For occasional external spray between extensive cleaning, Perfects oil spray.

Canik
12-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Any shop in Karachi bro

Thanks.:::

Ameer
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
Dear All,

All my life i have used Kerosene oil and ordinary gun oil form a gun shop to clean and lubricate my guns. It worked fine for me.

Skeeter60
15-09-2011, 12:31 PM
All my life i have used Kerosene oil and ordinary gun oil form a gun shop to clean and lubricate my guns. It worked fine for me.
Please refer to 12 GAUGE posts on making your own Rifle Oil. It is good

American Lockpicker
28-09-2011, 06:55 AM
belgium made perfects gun oil.

Could you please tell me more about this oil?

Furrukh
28-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Could you please tell me more about this oil?

Its a spray. Masde in Belgium. Brownish golden can

pisces007
20-07-2013, 03:25 AM
i need hoppes no 9 karachi

KhawarJillani
24-07-2013, 01:17 PM

I whole heartedly agree with Skeeter60. It is restricted oil & can't be sold without valid permission.

aneezh789
14-08-2013, 11:50 AM
A friend of mine told me, to clean the barrel with WD40 it will remove all the debris and residue off, whip it off with a clean piece of cloth, then apply a thin layer of coconut oil?

just a question Can we use coconut oil on guns?

KASHFROMLHR
14-08-2013, 12:25 PM
i use brunox turbo spray to clean and Mobil1 10w-50w engine oil for lube... works fantastic

Enigmatic Desires
21-08-2013, 11:05 AM
I use "white gun Oil" its a clear transparent liquid that does not stick to the hand. Its available at Muhammadi arms (Saddlers) Lucky Star Saddar karachi and goes for Rs. 150 per bottle.

NASA for cleaning and the white oil for lubrication is how I roll.

Glock17
21-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I use "white gun Oil" its a clear transparent liquid that does not stick to the hand. Its available at Muhammadi arms (Saddlers) Lucky Star Saddar karachi and goes for Rs. 150 per bottle.

NASA for cleaning and the white oil for lubrication is how I roll.

So no fancy Hoppes No.9, M-Pro 7, Birchwood?? What do you about that ahhhhhh fragrance??

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2013, 12:30 AM
So no fancy Hoppes No.9, M-Pro 7, Birchwood?? What do you about that ahhhhhh fragrance??

Nopes... I have kind of developed a taste for the 'fragrence'

Glock17
22-08-2013, 09:18 AM
SO you mentioned cleaning and lubrication products of your choice. Do they cover for rust prevention?

Enigmatic Desires
22-08-2013, 11:04 AM
SO you mentioned cleaning and lubrication products of your choice. Do they cover for rust prevention?

I hope that sufficient cleaning and lubrication + shooting opportunities would ensure that the equipment does not get rusty :D

RashidKM
22-08-2013, 12:35 PM
I use;

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ml8D33zCpkPyzxKfJAtWMRQ.jpg

pisces007
01-09-2013, 04:23 AM
from were did u get dis bro i want dis oil and solvent.... will be pleasure for me thx....
I use;

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ml8D33zCpkPyzxKfJAtWMRQ.jpg

sulzar
01-09-2013, 06:43 AM
from were did u get dis bro i want dis oil and solvent.... will be pleasure for me thx....
You can get from eb

pisces007
01-09-2013, 06:30 PM
thx bro...
You can get from eb

RashidKM
06-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Elahi Buksh, near Teen Talwar Karachi.

pisces007
07-09-2013, 01:59 AM
thx bro........
Elahi Buksh, near Teen Talwar Karachi.

BreakNeck
07-09-2013, 12:37 PM
thx bro........

A suggestion. Go for sealed bottle only for Hoppes Solvent. Elahi Bux people have sold unsealed bottles as well.