PDA

View Full Version : Where can we hunt little game (Rabbits and Jackals/Fox) in Islamabad with Airguns?

Gen. Mastan
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I am a Gamo Shadow 1000 owner and am a serious plinker. Now I am planning to bump my game up a bit. I need to know where can we hunt Rabbits or Jackals/Fox with an Airgun in Islamabad and does it require a permit.

I initially though Shadow @ 1000fps can not deliver a clean kill but I have nailed few rabbits (headshots) and a Fluff Tailed Fox at little over or around 50 meters. Islamabad is new to me and I do not know where the hunting spots are. Maybe someone here can help!

Sohail
06-01-2011, 12:35 PM
here in sindh there are several places where you can find all those species. jhumpeer, killo kanwar, sukrund, jampur etc. etc. also look forward see the places near isl.

rashidjabbar
19-02-2011, 11:45 PM
@gen mastan: bro jahan se pellet ya kartoos lete ho us se poochoo in dealers ko sab pata hota hai apnay ilakay k hisab se.

Arslan_tareen
24-02-2011, 10:06 AM
bro Islamabad comes under Margalla national park jurisdiction that mean any kind of hunting is strictly forbidden even with a air gun , by law you cant even kill sparrows in Islamabad if the police catches you you will lose your weapon and will face unneeded hassle ., as for killing a fox i would strictly recommend you not to do so as they have actually gone endangered in this area because of people killing them for there tail and fur . jackal you can hunt but remember killing it would be HARAM as its not a game animal in our culture and religion , but it can be hunted or culled under pest control programme just like a wild bore , but please what ever you do , donot hunt it with a airgun , it can kill it but causes unbearble misery and pain for the animal (fox,jackal) trust me i have hunted with Pcp air gun in Uk and Pakistan forget what the forums say a airgun is not enough to kill a jackal or a fox special a jackal those buggers some time even survive a 12 gauge shot .
i would advise you to go to near by areas like jhang , attock and surrounding and shot wild pigeons or doves specialy wild pigeons they are in season now a days and are much more fun then shooting a fox or a jackal .

Tiger Roars
24-02-2011, 10:31 AM
@Arslan_tareen;+1.

@Gen.Mastan; Sir in the near past before terrorism tensions we enjoyed very good Wild Boar legal hunts in Islamabad around Sector-E, Quad-e-Azam University, Imam Bari Sarkar, Chattar & Gulshan-e-Qadir towards west face near Rawal Lake by NOC iuused by CDA.
But all other animals/ birds are banned due to National Park status.

And many times at early morning hours; I enjoyed Peacocks "Mast Walks" and around "Shakar Parian and "Kashmir Highway", and Black Partridges songs and short flights along with road from Lock Versa to Sports Complex. These all beautiful dreams violated by human developments.

hunter468
24-02-2011, 10:59 AM
@Arslan_tareen;+1.

@Gen.Mastan; Sir in the near past before terrorism tensions we enjoyed very good Wild Boar legal hunts in Islamabad around Sector-E, Quad-e-Azam University, Imam Bari Sarkar, Chattar & Gulshan-e-Qadir towards west face near Rawal Lake by NOC iuused by CDA.

And many times at early morning hours; I enjoyed Peacocks "Mast Walks" and around "Shakar Parian and "Kashmir Highway", and Black Partridges songs and short flights along with road from Lock Versa to Sports Complex. These all beautiful dreams violated by human developments.

a true but sad example of "MAN vs WILD"

hunter468
24-02-2011, 10:59 AM
@Arslan_tareen;+1.

(human developments);- a true but sad example of "MAN vs WILD"

AL Nasir
24-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Assalam-0-alikum
Respected first of all app ya batao app jackles aur Fox ko hunt ker k keya karoo gay. just killing of wild life. I think this is not fair with wild life. I request you to do not do this job.
Its my humble request to all hunters plz don't hunt useless wild life i.e. fox, jackles, Haram birds and animals.

with regards
alnasir

aschandio
24-02-2011, 01:38 PM
@Al Nasir i second ur views

hunter468
24-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Assalam-0-alikum
Respected first of all app ya batao app jackles aur Fox ko hunt ker k keya karoo gay. just killing of wild life. I think this is not fair with wild life. I request you to do not do this job.
Its my humble request to all hunters plz don't hunt useless wild life i.e. fox, jackles, Haram birds and animals.

with regards
alnasir

well said dear!!!
we must avoid killing such animals & birds, (except in the cases where they get the status of pests e.g increasing population of wild boars etc),
but if v dont then v r going to ruin the food chain at first and then the whole system of wild life.
regads

AL Nasir
24-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Respected aschandio i didnt understand

Arslan_tareen
24-02-2011, 04:06 PM
means he agrees with you .

AL Nasir
24-02-2011, 04:26 PM
thanks arslan tareen sahib