PDA

View Full Version : PCP Airgun and in need of compressed air or Nitrogen

GamezBond
31-12-2010, 01:04 PM
AoA all,
Currently I am in Lahore and will be travelling back to the UK soon. I was thinking of bringing a Theoben Rapid 7 which is a VERY fine and accurate airgun and I miss it very much here. Although I have a Webley Vulcan Mk II with a Theoben Gas Ram conversion here in Lahore, I still miss my PCP greatly due to the obvious reasons.
Question is does any one else own a PCP in Pakistan and where do they get their buddy bottles refilled?
In the UK, I have a 12 litre divers tank (cylinder) for compressed air. Some of these are filled at 300 bars and some of them at 232 bars (this is around 3000psi to 4500psi). The buddy bottle (a 400ml bottle that fits on the airgun itself) is then filled from this 12 litre cylinder. I usually fill the 12 litre cylinder every 6 months or so which lasts me plenty.

I also found out that there are paint ball shooting places now in Lahore, Karachi and Islmd too. And I am wondering if either they could fill my 12 litre cylinder or have it filled from where they are filling theirs from.
These divers tanks can also be filled at any diving centres which I assume are not present in Lahore. (but any info on them in Karachi would also be useful)
I can either use plain compressed air or nitrogen. Either will work fine.

Desperately looking for replies and any info and help out there guys. Life without a PCP is pretty dull.
GB

HasanJamshad
31-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Lahore Rifle Club has a compressor and a large cylinder for the refills. You can get your cylinder filled there, they charge nominal fees for that.

Arslan_tareen
31-12-2010, 01:59 PM
AoA all,
Currently I am in Lahore and will be travelling back to the UK soon. I was thinking of bringing a Theoben Rapid 7 which is a VERY fine and accurate airgun and I miss it very much here. Although I have a Webley Vulcan Mk II with a Theoben Gas Ram conversion here in Lahore, I still miss my PCP greatly due to the obvious reasons.
Question is does any one else own a PCP in Pakistan and where do they get their buddy bottles refilled?
In the UK, I have a 12 litre divers tank (cylinder) for compressed air. Some of these are filled at 300 bars and some of them at 232 bars (this is around 3000psi to 4500psi). The buddy bottle (a 400ml bottle that fits on the airgun itself) is then filled from this 12 litre cylinder. I usually fill the 12 litre cylinder every 6 months or so which lasts me plenty.

I also found out that there are paint ball shooting places now in Lahore, Karachi and Islmd too. And I am wondering if either they could fill my 12 litre cylinder or have it filled from where they are filling theirs from.
These divers tanks can also be filled at any diving centres which I assume are not present in Lahore. (but any info on them in Karachi would also be useful)
I can either use plain compressed air or nitrogen. Either will work fine.

Desperately looking for replies and any info and help out there guys. Life without a PCP is pretty dull.
GB

brother i have brought a logun s16s with me in Islamabad and for saving my self any inconvience i have brought a Fx 3 stage stirrup pump !! fills upto 250bar and works great , i will recommend that also getting a 300bar diving bottle is not easy in Pakistan they usualy have 240 bar ones , p.s please research more about using nitrogen in Pcps as in all the forums and experts of pcps i have met advise highly against using any thing other then air in Pcps .

Arslan_tareen
31-12-2010, 02:05 PM
if you can bring your cylinder with you (it must be empty and many other legalities must be filled before air travel) but if you can then remember to bring some adopters with it , then you can get them filled at Lahore , Islamabad and Karachi even Faisalabad with the help of Paint ball clubs , and in Lahore rifle club as mentioned by Hassan jamshed sir , or you can ask a factory which provides fire extinguishers to refill your cylinder . but i will still advise for bringing a stirrup pump and then trying to find a 300bar cylinder in Pak .

GamezBond
31-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Lahore Rifle Club has a compressor and a large cylinder for the refills. You can get your cylinder filled there, they charge nominal fees for that.

That just put a BIG smile on my face :) and thats what I love about this place (pak guns)

Do you know what sort of pressures they fill up to?
You wouldnt happen to know their contact number would you please?

Or any one else please?

Thanks.

GamezBond
31-12-2010, 03:36 PM
brother i have brought a logun s16s with me in Islamabad and for saving my self any inconvience i have brought a Fx 3 stage stirrup pump !! fills upto 250bar and works great , i will recommend that also getting a 300bar diving bottle is not easy in Pakistan they usualy have 240 bar ones , p.s please research more about using nitrogen in Pcps as in all the forums and experts of pcps i have met advise highly against using any thing other then air in Pcps .

Logun S16 is a cracking gun and I heard quite easy to change the power (upwards) from 12ft/lb limit.
A couple of years back before I bought the Rapid7, I looked into these pumps but at the time the reviews were saying that it is quite a hard task to fill up a buddy bottle with them. The buddy bottle on Rapid is 400ml and is supposed to be able to fire around 400 shots per fill. It has a regulator too, so having a pressure of 300bar or 232 bar makes almost no difference at all. I have been filling and firing using a 232 bar cylinder and the power has been always 11.8ft/lb. I have brought the chrono with me to test and tune my Webley here too.
A few questions for you please brother:
1. Do you fill up just the buddy bottle or the bigger cylinder using your pump?
2. How much effort is it to use this pump, and is a 4 stage pump supposed to be better or worse?
3. How and where to find a 240 bar cylinder, and will it be new or used (in which case it will be risky), and what would be the approx price for the cylinder?
4. I intend to empty the cylinder, then take off the valve from the top so it can be seen that it has absolutely no pressurised air in there and then bring it on the plane.
5. Did you have any problems bringing your logun with you on the plane? (i think it fits in a neat case after dissembling the gun right?)
6. Is it possible to speak to you please? if its ok, then could you PM me your contact number please and I will call you?

I havent used Nitrogen so far, but from what I read on the forums, people were using it regularly because of the low moisture content. I understand that the air is almost 80% Nitrogen anyway so it shouldnt make too much of a difference. The expanding properties may be slightly different so I am not sure and also not sure how the rubber seals will handle Nitrogen, but as its already there as 80% I thought it may be an alternative. But it would be ideal if I can just find compressed air as thats what the gun is intended for anyway :)

Many thanks to all of you guys.
GB

GamezBond
31-12-2010, 05:48 PM
@HasanJamshad brother,
actually I searched and found the phone number for Faisal Azad. Its 0300 8422297 for any one else who is looking for info on L:ahore Rifle Club. And apparently its on Shami Road, Lahore Cantt.

I havent phoned him yet but does any one know the membership fee and any requirements?

Thanks,

Arslan_tareen
31-12-2010, 08:09 PM
sure bro , my contact is 03225074529 .