PDA

View Full Version : pictures and names of hilal birds.

rashidjabbar
30-12-2010, 06:00 PM
please share pics and names of hilal birds.
it would be helpful for new hunters like me.
regards.

rashidjabbar
30-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Duck

http://www.desktops-wallpapers.com/Exports%20from%20Aperture/Birds/1280_1024/duck_stretching_wings.jpg

rashidjabbar
30-12-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.desktops-wallpapers.com/Exports%20from%20Aperture/Birds/1280_1024/duck_stretching_wings.jpg

Haider Shah
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Certain characteristics of Birds determines whether it should be eaten or not.........Better would be to physically check the bird before shooting it down whether it fulfills the criteria of being Hallal. In case of doubt open its stomach and check what all it has eaten. Few common observations by the folks to determine the value of bird as hallal are as under :-

* It should flap its wings more while flying, and must not rely more on gliding as in case of Eagles other prey Birds.

* It must not eat while grabbing meal in its Claws as in case of Parrots and other prey birds.

* It's beak must not be curved as of parrots , other prey birds.

* It must eat / store food in two stages i.e few grains of feed be kept at a sack ( Potta )next to neck and rest at intestine.Like Storks , crows, eagles don't have the Potta where as hen,partridges have, If you hold stork up side down for some time all food from its intestine comes out due to absence of sack/ sachet and one can count the numbers of frogs it had.

"King Of Kings"
05-04-2011, 01:49 PM
nice info haider bro,,,

regards.

rashidjabbar
24-04-2011, 09:52 PM
thanks haider bhai....

a55kika
26-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Great Info Haider bhai...That is very educational
Thank you

Amjad Ali
26-04-2011, 02:01 PM
thanks for informatic shairing

shafiq992
18-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Good information bro..

PakistanGuides
03-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Certain characteristics of Birds determines whether it should be eaten or not.........Better would be to physically check the bird before shooting it down whether it fulfills the criteria of being Hallal. In case of doubt open its stomach and check what all it has eaten. Few common observations by the folks to determine the value of bird as hallal are as under :-

* It should flap its wings more while flying, and must not rely more on gliding as in case of Eagles other prey Birds.

* It must not eat while grabbing meal in its Claws as in case of Parrots and other prey birds.

* It's beak must not be curved as of parrots , other prey birds.

* It must eat / store food in two stages i.e few grains of feed be kept at a sack ( Potta )next to neck and rest at intestine.Like Storks , crows, eagles don't have the Potta where as hen,partridges have, If you hold stork up side down for some time all food from its intestine comes out due to absence of sack/ sachet and one can count the numbers of frogs it had.

Nice info sir, .. plus all birds which eat insects (kiram khor) are also harram (except domestic chickens/hen/cock) and all birds which have extra long beaks like stark, snipe, wood cock ... etc are also harram. all carnivorus & all omnivorus birds (except domestic chickens/hen/cock) are also harram

Birdshooter007
03-09-2011, 12:34 AM
Nice info sir, .. plus all birds which eat insects (kiram khor) are also harram (except domestic chickens/hen/cock) and all birds which have extra long beaks like stark, snipe, wood cock ... etc are also harram. all carnivorus & all omnivorus birds (except domestic chickens/hen/cock) are also harram
Kaiser Khan Sb., never heard of snipe and other long beaked birds to be Haram. E.g Stilt, Plover,etc.
And Tilliar (Black Starling) eats insects but is Halal, don't know about them rest.

rashidjabbar
14-09-2011, 02:02 AM
slam
sir i think snipe is hilal i have never seen any body saying snipe is hram
are you shuru about it?????

Ameer
15-09-2011, 01:38 PM
This may be helpful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsof6QCdq8&feature=related

hunter468
25-09-2011, 01:23 AM

no sir with due respect its not that way as u r thinking. lets take the partridges they r fond of different insects and infact die for DEEMAK (WOOD LOUSE).
most of the birds (halal) feed on insects to get required amount of proteins and fats.
regards

Birdshooter007
25-09-2011, 09:56 AM
no sir with due respect its not that way as u r thinking. lets take the partridges they r fond of different insects and infact die for DEEMAK (WOOD LOUSE).
most of the birds (halal) feed on insects to get required amount of proteins and fats.
regards
hmmmmm........ This is what i waz thinking, even partridges are fed insects and grashoppers,etc.

Mehdi
25-09-2011, 10:13 AM
slam
sir i think snipe is hilal i have never seen any body saying snipe is hram
are you shuru about it?????

Snipes are hilal,and so are tilliar( starlings), black, khaki, and the yellow ones, so is harrial ( fruit pigeon) which has a mixture of green and grey plumage of the dove and parrot. Stilts, plovers I am not sure about.

Sturmgewehr
25-09-2011, 12:16 PM
very useful thread thankyou sirs.

haji
26-09-2011, 11:20 PM
regards

+1@ hunter468
ur knowledgeable and informative views (here and in duck shooting section) depicted u to be an aged,experienced hunter with white hairs in head (like mine) ;) but after going through the pictures posted by PG MEMBER avais brother in QUAIL HUNTING REPORT i was astonished to see that u r a young chap lols
keep sharing the info with the forum my little but experienced friend
regards

hunter468
01-10-2011, 09:15 PM
@haji brother
thank u for your very nice and encouraging words, although i have a few white hairs too ;) ;) but i am still a student in this field.PG member avais is my beloved uncle and an experienced hunter and v enjoy hunting together whenever possible.
regards

AK47
02-10-2011, 12:02 PM
Salams! Kindly add your comments on this thing, was really hard to catch on my digi cam, one tricky little creature I spotted during a deep forest picnic tour around Nathiagali this year.

The second picture is just to show you how much I had to zoom in to get the tricky thing into my viewfinder:

Plz gentlemen, kindly answer me the question, is this thing hilal?:

Regards.

zainulabdeen
03-10-2011, 01:47 PM
while brother ak 47s querry under active consideration, i couldnt resist my temptation to request my expert brothers to share their views about this bird

Greater Coucal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Coucal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Coucal)
. i have never hunted neither ate this one as in sind , this birs is thought to be haram. but some froends from other provinces say that in their area it is regarded as halal. looking for the guidence of learned / senior members. thanks

Birdshooter007
03-10-2011, 04:44 PM
while brother ak 47s querry under active consideration, i couldnt resist my temptation to request my expert brothers to share their views about this bird

Greater Coucal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Coucal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Coucal)
. i have never hunted neither ate this one as in sind , this birs is thought to be haram. but some froends from other provinces say that in their area it is regarded as halal. looking for the guidence of learned / senior members. thanks

It's called "Kamadi Kaan" in Punjabi, those who eat it refer to it as "Kamadi Kukkar", better avoid it as diverse opinions are present... However it may be Halal, but I never had it and never want to!

arawan
06-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I have another query.........
What about "Common Myna"? Is it halal or haram?
Common Myna is commonly called as Lali. But I searched it and found its name as common myna. It belongs to same family "Sturnidae" to which starlings (Tiliar) belongs to.

Birdshooter007
06-10-2011, 06:46 PM
common myna/Lali with yellow beak is HARAM. Sharak with orange beak is Halal. Why would anyone hunt these birds??? It's better to go for game birds as no good hunter would think of these things.

Ameer
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
As per my knowledge any of the mynas are harm. Never heard of any eating them.

Birdshooter007
06-10-2011, 08:42 PM
As per my knowledge any of the mynas are harm. Never heard of any eating them.

Thats my point, Halal or Haram, plz spare these and other non game creatures.

arawan
08-10-2011, 12:52 AM
common myna/Lali with yellow beak is HARAM. Sharak with orange beak is Halal. Why would anyone hunt these birds??? It's better to go for game birds as no good hunter would think of these things.
Chauhadry sb, with due excuse, I just asked an academic question and would like to get appropriate reply with good logics and reasons.
I didnot ask any query regarding hunting.
It is mention-worthy here that my research group has been working on molecular genetics of several birds including wild and domestic birds. I will give details of our research in future.
I have still same query. Why lali is haram and Sharak is halal? Lali And Tiliar belong to same family and have same habbits and physiology. Why lali is haram and Tiliar is halal?
Regards

Birdshooter007
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Chauhadry sb, with due excuse, I just asked an academic question and would like to get appropriate reply with good logics and reasons.
I didnot ask any query regarding hunting.
It is mention-worthy here that my research group has been working on molecular genetics of several birds including wild and domestic birds. I will give details of our research in future.
I have still same query. Why lali is haram and Sharak is halal? Lali And Tiliar belong to same family and have same habbits and physiology. Why lali is haram and Tiliar is halal?
Regards

Idk but Lali with yellow beak is haram as everyone says this. The orange beak one is halal as per what I have heard but still will not shoot it.

Mehdi
08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Idk but Lali with yellow beak is haram as everyone says this. The orange beak one is halal as per what I have heard but still will not shoot it.

Bro, I entirely agree, have always heard that Red Beak Lali is Halal, but have never shot it, and never will.

@Arawan. Bro,

Do they have the same zoological name as tilliars?I think mynehas , Lallis, and sharaks are similar.You are in a better position to enlighten.

Regards.

arawan
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Bro, I entirely agree, have always heard that Red Beak Lali is Halal, but have never shot it, and never will.

@Arawan. Bro,

Do they have the same zoological name as tilliars?I think mynehas , Lallis, and sharaks are similar.You are in a better position to enlighten.

Regards.

Starling
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Aves
Order: Passeriformes
Suborder: Passeri
Family: Sturnidae

Common Myna
Genus: Acridotheres
Species: A. tristis

arawan
08-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Starling

Common Myna
Genus: Acridotheres
Species: A. tristis

You may see, till its family its same, the for genus and species its different. We are going to start some molecular genetics work (cant disclose here). Then we would be able to tell the exact situation of its origin, evolution and specie distribution.

arawan
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM

Oriental-Australasian clade
The Polynesian Starling, Aplonis tabuensis, ranges from the Solomon Islands to Tonga.Genus Rhabdornis—Philippine creepers (three species; placement here requires confirmation)
Genus Aplonis—Pacific starlings (c.20 living species, 4–5 recently extinct)
Genus Mino
Yellow-faced Myna, Mino dumontii
Golden Myna, Mino anais
Long-tailed Myna, Mino kreffti
Genus Basilornis
Sulawesi Myna, Basilornis celebensis
Helmeted Myna, Basilornis galeatus
Long-crested Myna, Basilornis corythaix
Apo Myna, Basilornis mirandus

Hill mynas, Gracula sp.Genus Sarcops—Coleto
Genus Streptocitta
White-necked Myna, Streptocitta albicollis
Bare-eyed Myna, Streptocitta albertinae
Genus Enodes—Fiery-browed Myna
Genus Scissirostrum—Finch-billed Myna
Genus Ampeliceps—Golden-crested Myna
Genus Gracula—hill mynas (five species)
[edit] Afrotropical-Palearctic clade
Cape Glossy Starling (Lamprotornis nitens)Genus Acridotheres—typical mynas (eight species)
Genus Leucopsar—Bali Starling
Genus Sturnia (often included in Sturnus)
Daurian Starling, Sturnia sturnina
Chestnut-cheeked Starling, Sturnia philippensis
White-shouldered Starling, Sturnia sinensis
White-headed Starling, Sturnia erythropygia
Genus Sturnus—typical starlings (about 12 species; includes probably valid genera Gracupica, Pastor and Temenuchus; but highly paraphyletic)

Brahminy Starling, Sturnia pagodarum, with nesting material at Pocharam lake, Andhra Pradesh, India.
African Superb Starling.Genus Creatophora—Wattled Starling
Genus Notopholia (sometimes placed in Lamprotornis)
Black-bellied Glossy-starling, Notopholia corrusca[verification needed]
Genus Coccycolius—Iris Glossy-starling or Emerald Starling (sometimes placed in Lamprotornis)
Genus Lamprotornis—typical glossy-starlings (20 species; monophyly requires confirmation)
Genus Cinnyricinclus—Violet-backed Starling
Genus Poeoptera (formerly Pholia, sometimes included in Cinnyricinclus)
Sharpe's Starling, Poeoptera sharpii
Abbott's Starling, Poeoptera femoralis
Genus Saroglossa (possibly paraphyletic)
Spot-winged Starling, Saroglossa spiloptera
Madagascar Starling, Saroglossa aurata
Genus Spreo (paraphyletic with Lamprotornis and might be included there)
African Pied Starling, Spreo bicolor
Fischer's Starling, Spreo fischeri
White-crowned Starling, Spreo albicapillus
Genus Cosmopsarus
Golden-breasted Starling, Cosmopsarus regius (sometimes placed in Lamprotornis)
Ashy Starling, Cosmopsarus unicolor (sometimes placed in Spreo)
Genus Onychognathus
Red-winged Starling, Onychognathus morio
Slender-billed Starling, Onychognathus tenuirostris
Chestnut-winged Starling, Onychognathus fulgidus
Waller's Starling, Onychognathus walleri
Somali Starling, Onychognathus blythii
Socotra Starling, Onychognathus frater
Tristram's Starling, Onychognathus tristramii
Pale-winged Starling, Onychognathus nabouroup
Bristle-crowned Starling, Onychognathus salvadorii
White-billed Starling, Onychognathus albirostris
Neumann's Starling, Onychognathus neumanni
Genus Poeoptera
Narrow-tailed Starling, Poeoptera lugubris
Stuhlmann's Starling, Poeoptera stuhlmanni
Kenrick's Starling, Poeoptera kenricki
Genus Grafisia—White-collared Starling
Genus Speculipastor—Magpie Starling
Genus Neocichla—Babbling Starling

Source: wikipedia

Mehdi
08-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Dr Sahib,

It is a great research work that you are doing.To a layman like me it is all Greek.Having never studied Zoology.May be the Genus and the Species hold the key to your questions.

I can only repeat the famous verse of Allama Iqbal:-

Kuch isi kash makash mein guzri hain rataen sari

Kabhi soz- o- saz- e Rumi kabhi pech- o- taab -e Raazi

arawan
10-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Dr Sahib,

It is a great research work that you are doing.To a layman like me it is all Greek.Having never studied Zoology.May be the Genus and the Species hold the key to your questions.

I can only repeat the famous verse of Allama Iqbal:-

Kuch isi kash makash mein guzri hain rataen sari

Kabhi soz- o- saz- e Rumi kabhi pech- o- taab -e Raazi

Wow, excellent quote, Thanks for the compliments.

BUGTI-41
11-10-2012, 03:33 PM
wow, excellent quote, thanks for the compliments.

i appreciate ur verse containing my murshid rumi name ,subhanallah..

Saad4k
12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
A bird called "teteri" (the bird which make lots of noise in spring at night, in Karachi) is halaal or haraam?

Birdshooter007
12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
A bird called "teteri" (the bird which make lots of noise in spring at night, in Karachi) is halaal or haraam?
Red Wattled Lapwing, it's Halal.

hunting-mania
14-10-2012, 02:04 AM
what about this one ..... halal or haram ..... authentication will be appreciated... 13619

called "little egret"

Ghalib Khan
12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Dear All
I would share regarding Halal & Haram, Being a Muslim we can only eat which is allow in Islam (I can give you Idea which ever Animal or Bird uses his Paws (Pangey) to eat they are not allowed to eat or Makrooh (Pig is definitely Haram despite it, it is not using its paws) this is very simple quote what you can eat & what you can not eat. Hope you guys will second me.
Regards
Ghalib

isk
11-03-2013, 12:47 PM
while doing my search on halal and haram I found this link thought it might interest others as well since many Pakistani follows hanafi rulings.

Although I am not too clear about what I was initially searching for i.e. godwit's status I think they are closely related to snipes interestingly both of them are sandpipers but after reading mynas inconclusive discussion I am not too sure about godwits.

http://halaaltalk.com/tag/islam/

NawabSaab
18-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Thumbs up, gre8 work.

Masroor
27-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Very nice Infos Dear. very Nice.

skhan1231
06-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Common Myna is halal but it is not hunted down bcz its flesh is very very hard and it cause abdominal pain so better not to eat it