PDA

View Full Version : Purchased a Diana 350 Magnum Today

hunter88
30-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Salam Dear Members,
Today I purchased a Diana Magnum 350 .22 caliber for AED 1650 in Dubai (Al Sayad) with discount. I will be traveling to beloved Pakistan within a weeks time. Multan to be precise. Now that I have purchased the gun a friend told me that I have to pay custom duty upon arrival in Pakistan :( guyz is that true? and if I have to ? how much should I expect? My father told me that he took Diana 35 some years ago and he didn't pay a penny. I am confused

Friends I need your inputs !!

Thnx :)

s.cheema
30-12-2010, 01:21 AM
congrats, and if you have the right contacts in the customs then you can bring it for free otherwise you have to pay the duty.

s.cheema
30-12-2010, 01:23 AM
can you please tell me the exact location of al sayad, is it near the pc appartment??

hunter88
30-12-2010, 01:54 AM
Thnx @ Bro s.cheema al sayad is located near Deira city Center, Port Saeed Area, Al Etihad Building opposite Sofitel Residence.
0097142959666, 00971 4 2959666 (don't know which one is working) is their contact number. 9 AM to 1:30 PM and 5 PM to 9:30 PM.

Bro how much should I expect to pay for the custom?

Zaheer
30-12-2010, 01:55 AM
The One I hve visited is near Al Ain Mall in Al Ain and for dubai one you can call this number and ask for location:

00971(4)2223352

Spartacus
30-12-2010, 08:42 AM
Salam Dear Members,
Today I purchased a Diana Magnum 350 .22 caliber for AED 1650 in Dubai (Al Sayad) with discount. I will be traveling to beloved Pakistan within a weeks time. Multan to be precise. Now that I have purchased the gun a friend told me that I have to pay custom duty upon arrival in Pakistan :( guyz is that true? and if I have to ? how much should I expect? My father told me that he took Diana 35 some years ago and he didn't pay a penny. I am confused

Salaam Hunter sahib,

Congrats on the purchase...I hear great things about the 350 magnum. Its a super powerful airgun and you'll get some serious range and accuracy with it. I hope you have a nice scope to use with it and a solid one piece scope mount with the proper recoil pins to hold it in place. I bought the Diana 54 a couple of weeks ago from Al Sayad and I paid Pkr 3,500 for transportation to Pakistan via khepia. He didn't pay any customs or duties, but the guy probably has contacts so thats why. I think you should disassemble it and put it in your luggage and nobody in Pakistan customs will even look at it twice....that is if you even get searched at all. I don't know about Multan airport, but at the Karachi Airport you could literally walk through with cartons and boxes full of illegal cargo and these guys don't even stop you.....I know of people who've brought through entire cases of alcohol without any prior "setting" and they just walk right through. In my experience, customs in Pakistan is the last thing to worry about. I would advise that you inform your airline in advance though.....PIA is very lenient but other airlines are high troublesome regarding this. In any case, duties in Pakistan, even if they ask you for them, will not be higher than a couple of thousand rupees. I don't think you need to worry about customs, but maybe rather find out about your airline's situation with respect to transportation of the airgun. Best of luck and let us know how it handles.

jog3ee
30-12-2010, 10:05 AM
Congrats on ur purchase bro!! psot some pics wen u arrive :D .. as for bringing it in, Spartacus is absolutely right; disassemble the gun, keep some pellet boxes with it, inform the airline 3 4 working days ahead, pack it in a suitcase and walk right thru the airport (khi) :p they MAY however check your airgun at dubai since you have already informed.. btw how much did al-sayad ppl quote for the air gun and how much did u negotiate ?? did u also buy any scope/pellets with it or just the airgun?? and what other airgun brands did al-sayad have in its inventory??

hunter88
30-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Finally a sigh of relief ! @ Spartacus Bro..
Thnx for the detailed reply.. Made me feel happy to hear about lenient attitude of the custom's people.

hunter88
30-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Congrats on ur purchase bro!! psot some pics wen u arrive :D .. as for bringing it in, Spartacus is absolutely right; disassemble the gun, keep some pellet boxes with it, inform the airline 3 4 working days ahead, pack it in a suitcase and walk right thru the airport (khi) :p they MAY however check your airgun at dubai since you have already informed.. btw how much did al-sayad ppl quote for the air gun and how much did u negotiate ?? did u also buy any scope/pellets with it or just the airgun?? and what other airgun brands did al-sayad have in its inventory??

Thnx @ Jog3ee Bro !!

Well Bro, initially they had asked for AED 1800, but after half an hour of negotiation managed to close the case at AED 1650. I didn't purchase scope with it, bought pallets Gamo magnum and Pro magnum. I was so much lost in exploring 350 that I didn't bother to ask for any other brand :D but they do have GAMO..

I hope to spend some quality time shooting and will post pics upon return !!

s.cheema
30-12-2010, 11:30 AM
thank you for telling me the address and how much were the pro mags for??

hunter88
30-12-2010, 11:40 AM
thank you for telling me the address and how much were the pro mags for??
Ur welcome Bro !!
Mags and pro Mags both cost AED 20 for 250 pellet box. I am sure one can get discount if the purchase is above 4 boxes.

Ulodhi
30-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Salaam Hunter sahib,

Congrats on the purchase...I hear great things about the 350 magnum. Its a super powerful airgun and you'll get some serious range and accuracy with it. I hope you have a nice scope to use with it and a solid one piece scope mount with the proper recoil pins to hold it in place. I bought the Diana 54 a couple of weeks ago from Al Sayad and I paid Pkr 3,500 for transportation to Pakistan via khepia. He didn't pay any customs or duties, but the guy probably has contacts so thats why. I think you should disassemble it and put it in your luggage and nobody in Pakistan customs will even look at it twice....that is if you even get searched at all. I don't know about Multan airport, but at the Karachi Airport you could literally walk through with cartons and boxes full of illegal cargo and these guys don't even stop you.....I know of people who've brought through entire cases of alcohol without any prior "setting" and they just walk right through. In my experience, customs in Pakistan is the last thing to worry about. I would advise that you inform your airline in advance though.....PIA is very lenient but other airlines are high troublesome regarding this. In any case, duties in Pakistan, even if they ask you for them, will not be higher than a couple of thousand rupees. I don't think you need to worry about customs, but maybe rather find out about your airline's situation with respect to transportation of the airgun. Best of luck and let us know how it handles.

Bro can I get the number of your khepia so I can get my gun from Dubai it's waiting at my friends place.

Spartacus
30-12-2010, 04:13 PM
Bro can I get the number of your khepia so I can get my gun from Dubai it's waiting at my friends place.

Lodhi sb,

I would honestly love to help you get your weapon over to Pk..but the khepia I used told me its a one time thing he's doing as a favor for our common friend. They usually bring mobile phones and other items so they don't usually have room and its a hassle for them. You can tell from the thread I set up after my purchase that my airgun sat around in Dubai for close to 2 weeks before they brought it over. They usually travel via Emirates but the airgun has to come via PIA...so that was a major hassle for both sides. I'll ask around for another khepia and get back to you within a couple of days if I'm successful. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

hunter88
30-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Salaam Hunter sahib,

Thnx for the detailed reply.. Made me feel happy to hear about lenient attitude of the custom's people.

First of all many CONGRATS for your new Diana 54 Air king. Hope you have a good time sniping. You mentioned about scope, I have walther 3-9X40 with a 2 piece mount that is attached to a Diana 46.I hav thought of removing it for 350 magnum. Need your advice, should I stick to old scope or buy another one? OR should I buy 1 piece mount for the old scope? and I have heard that due to the recoil in high powered diana rifles the railing for the scope tends to shear off.... Is it true? And if so what can be a perfect solution?

For the travelling part ... I contacted PIA and they said I can bring the gun without informing them in advance or arranging for any special documents. I Hope they keep their word.. And surely I'll dismantle the gun and conceal it form prying eyes file:///C:/Users/AviaToR/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif!

I will post a review of the gun when I return to dubai..

Once again thnx for the inputs bro !!
keep shooting ;-)

Ulodhi
31-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Thnx bro for the reply, I am also going can we get the airgun from US I am thinking of PCP with pump. Offcourse via PIA

Spartacus
31-12-2010, 09:23 AM

First of all many CONGRATS for your new Diana 54 Air king. Hope you have a good time sniping. You mentioned about scope, I have walther 3-9X40 with a 2 piece mount that is attached to a Diana 46.I hav thought of removing it for 350 magnum. Need your advice, should I stick to old scope or buy another one? OR should I buy 1 piece mount for the old scope? and I have heard that due to the recoil in high powered diana rifles the railing for the scope tends to shear off.... Is it true? And if so what can be a perfect solution?

For the travelling part ... I contacted PIA and they said I can bring the gun without informing them in advance or arranging for any special documents. I Hope they keep their word.. And surely I'll dismantle the gun and conceal it form prying eyes file:///C:/Users/AviaToR/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif!

I will post a review of the gun when I return to dubai..

Once again thnx for the inputs bro !!
keep shooting ;-)

Salaam Hunter jee,

Congrats to you too...the 350 magnum is an awesome airgun. I don't know if you should change the scope....I tend to think that they overdo fears regarding even these good quality scopes getting busted. I'd keep the scope if I was you but I'd get the one piece RWS lockdown mount. Its not expensive at all and I think the mount will make more of a difference than replacing your scope. Its got two recoil pins and four large screws that hold the mount in place. Two piece mounts may not do so well and the other one piece mounts I've seen don't have more than one or two screws to hold it in place and most don't have the recoil pins. The RWS Lockdown Mount is perfect for your purpose. If you are coming to Karachi....would greatly appreciate your buying a second mount and I'd gladly buy it off you....Al Sayad didn't have one when I was ordering and the Gamo Mount is useless. I also bought the Gamo Magnum Energy pellets...they seem to be much more accurate than the other Gamo pellets....might wanna grab those too. Best of luck and happy sniping

hunter88
31-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Salaam Hunter jee,

Congrats to you too...the 350 magnum is an awesome airgun. I don't know if you should change the scope....I tend to think that they overdo fears regarding even these good quality scopes getting busted. I'd keep the scope if I was you but I'd get the one piece RWS lockdown mount. Its not expensive at all and I think the mount will make more of a difference than replacing your scope. Its got two recoil pins and four large screws that hold the mount in place. Two piece mounts may not do so well and the other one piece mounts I've seen don't have more than one or two screws to hold it in place and most don't have the recoil pins. The RWS Lockdown Mount is perfect for your purpose. If you are coming to Karachi....would greatly appreciate your buying a second mount and I'd gladly buy it off you....Al Sayad didn't have one when I was ordering and the Gamo Mount is useless. I also bought the Gamo Magnum Energy pellets...they seem to be much more accurate than the other Gamo pellets....might wanna grab those too. Best of luck and happy sniping

Spartacus bhai... Waalikum Salam!!

I am gald that you solved my problem regarding the mounts. Thnx for your offer of buying a scope form Karachi. I really appreciate it!! First I am going to check the market here in Dubai may be I will find it in a shop other than al sayad. I do plan to visit Karachi, If I do come there I will surely require your expertise to buy a scope mount.

Have a Good day Bro !!

rashidjabbar
31-12-2010, 11:32 PM
congratulations bro

adnanpic2000
31-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Salam Dear Members,

Dont worry. there is no duty on air rifles in pakistan if they are for personal use. you have to make sure that you tell the airlines that you are travelling with air rifle. It is not a dangerous goods but EMIRATES will give you hardtime since they will need approval from ministery of someting. But call the airlines that you might be travelling with and even visit the police department at dubai airport for update on takeing the airrifle. make sure you have the original recipt and at least one box of pellets with hardcase. You will have no problem in carring it through the pakistan customs.Even if they stop you tell them you have a airrifle they will let you go.

Spartacus
01-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Spartacus bhai... Waalikum Salam!!

I am gald that you solved my problem regarding the mounts. Thnx for your offer of buying a scope form Karachi. I really appreciate it!! First I am going to check the market here in Dubai may be I will find it in a shop other than al sayad. I do plan to visit Karachi, If I do come there I will surely require your expertise to buy a scope mount.

Have a Good day Bro !!

Salaam Bro,

I was actually saying that you should buy the scope mount from Dubai. I haven't seen the RWS Lockdown Mount in stores in Pakistan.

BaderJanjua
01-01-2011, 07:46 PM
best of luck with a fine purchase

hunter88
01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
congratulations bro

THX rashidjabbar Sir !!...

hunter88
01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
best of luck with a fine purchase

Thank You baderjanjua sahib !!

hunter88
01-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Salaam Bro,

I was actually saying that you should buy the scope mount from Dubai. I haven't seen the RWS Lockdown Mount in stores in Pakistan.

Waalikum Salam Spartacus bhai !

aaahhhh ... checked with al sayad but no luck, couldn't find the RWS mount. There is another shop " Captain's store " in Bur Dubai that was closed to stock taking. I will visit them 2morrow may b I'll find one. Just wanted to share with you something I asked al sayad guy about a .22 caliber pellet box named H & N (Hayendler & Naterman .. never mind the spellings) for price. He said AED 95. Isn't that just ridiculous? Please shed some light on these pellets ... whats so special about them.

hunter88
01-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Dont worry. there is no duty on air rifles in pakistan if they are for personal use. you have to make sure that you tell the airlines that you are travelling with air rifle. It is not a dangerous goods but EMIRATES will give you hardtime since they will need approval from ministery of someting. But call the airlines that you might be travelling with and even visit the police department at dubai airport for update on takeing the airrifle. make sure you have the original recipt and at least one box of pellets with hardcase. You will have no problem in carring it through the pakistan customs.Even if they stop you tell them you have a airrifle they will let you go.

THNX for the confidence boost Bro !!
I am just hoping that everything goes smoothly ..

hunter88
03-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Wish me LUCK Dear members!!

Finally going to PAKISTAN...

Hope to have a Good Time !!

Cheers

jog3ee
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
The price he quoted for H&Ns is ridiculous!! maximum price should not be more than AED 45-50, however screw the H&Ns and stick to gamo or RWS/Diana pellets :p they do the job, and do it well.... try to get ur hands on crosman premiers if u can though

"King Of Kings"
05-01-2011, 12:30 AM
congrates hunter
i also bought Diana 350 mag from alsayad some time before and brought it to pak wothout any problm
my advice is to pack the gun in your lugage because airport people will not allow u to bring it in a seprate box,

regards,

Spartacus
05-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Waalikum Salam Spartacus bhai !

aaahhhh ... checked with al sayad but no luck, couldn't find the RWS mount. There is another shop " Captain's store " in Bur Dubai that was closed to stock taking. I will visit them 2morrow may b I'll find one. Just wanted to share with you something I asked al sayad guy about a .22 caliber pellet box named H & N (Hayendler & Naterman .. never mind the spellings) for price. He said AED 95. Isn't that just ridiculous? Please shed some light on these pellets ... whats so special about them.

I've been a little tied up for the last few days and just saw your message today...I guess you've already left Dubai. The H&N pellets are ridiculously priced for some odd reason....I was given the same price when I checked so I skipped those. The Gamo Magnum Energy are much cheaper and seem to do very well in my Diana 54. I'd get a good dome shaped pellet for very long distances as well...don't know the full selection there so can't properly suggest...in any case...I think you're in Pakistan by now. Let us know how it goes

Hamdan Khan
05-01-2011, 08:11 PM
no one even ask for costom duty..... there is no duty to bring an airgun from dubai .............. yarooo ma khud 3 airgun la cuka hon dubia sy ok..

srkhanjewel
27-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Please upload some unboxing photo

srkhanjewel
27-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Please upload some Unboxing photo

Mani
27-07-2011, 07:24 PM
congrats bro.