PDA

View Full Version : Non lethal weaponry: Stun Guns

Enigmatic Desires
23-12-2010, 03:25 AM
There are various “non-lethal weapons” around designed for fast but temporary incapacitation of an assailant/s. These include teargas rounds/rubber bullets/stun guns/tasers etc.

While I have yet to see a real taser here. There are lots of stun guns mostly of Chinese make in gun shops all over the country.

The most common ones look and work like torches with a couple of tiny electrodes on the tip. They range in size from 8 inches to humongous 2 feet units and are equipped with rechargeable batteries. The most common ones are around a foot long

It takes about 20 hours to generate a full charge. A full charge can produce a really nasty crackling arc for around 90 seconds while the torch will function for about a couple of hours of continuous operation. How ever the torch will function fine long after the stun unit has run out of power.

The main switch is the same as any conventional torch and indeed has the same application i.e. switching the torch on an off. Just like most torches the stun gun versions also have the little red signal button mounted on top of the switch .With the only difference being that the little red signal button actually powers the stun gun.

Pop the accessory black cap on the electrodes and there is no way u can differentiate it from any other torch! It also has a black carrying case which can be strapped on a belt.

As regards power output the instruction manual usually has a 1 or a 5 followed by a mind-boggling number of Zeros. I am almost 100 % sure that these are gross exaggerations especially since the English of the manual may as well be Chinese.

Having the arc touch your body is a singularly unpleasant experience. It will drop a normal man (5.7 12 inch unit) and have him immobilized till the weapon is removed from his person. The twin electrodes leave residual burn marks for a few days and a tingling sensation for a few hours.

The price of a typical 12 inch ‘torch’ ranges from Rs. 10,000 in Karachi to Rs. 600-800 for the same unit in Peshawar’s Karkhano bazaar.

I have been trying to find pics but I could not find any on the main search engines while the unit I had I gave away to my friend’s wife.

Faisji
24-12-2010, 08:07 AM
These devices are usually advertised as effective "personal defense" weapons. However, they may give the wielder a false sense of security and power. Contact-based electroshock weapons can need more "continuous and uninterrupted" contact time with the intended target than is usually advertised, well above 5 seconds, to fully stop a determined assailant, more time than is often available to stop a physically superior or better-trained opponent in close unarmed combat. In such an event, possible unsatisfactory outcomes include the assailant breaking the electroshock weapon, the assailant taking it away and using it against the defender, or simply ignoring the device and continuing the physical attack undeterred. For these reasons, many security operators and martial arts experts have expressed doubt about these devices' effectiveness against determined, physically strong aggressors in hand-to-hand combat situations, and about their value as a defense weapon in general.

I fully agree with this assessment

Enigmatic Desires
25-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I fully agree with this assessment

An if that dont work u just whop em on the head till he goes down....:P

Almuharib
06-01-2011, 06:56 PM
There are various “non-lethal weapons” around designed for fast but temporary incapacitation of an assailant/s. These include teargas rounds/rubber bullets/stun guns/tasers etc.

While I have yet to see a real taser here. There are lots of stun guns mostly of Chinese make in gun shops all over the country.

The most common ones look and work like torches with a couple of tiny electrodes on the tip. They range in size from 8 inches to humongous 2 feet units and are equipped with rechargeable batteries. The most common ones are around a foot long

It takes about 20 hours to generate a full charge. A full charge can produce a really nasty crackling arc for around 90 seconds while the torch will function for about a couple of hours of continuous operation. How ever the torch will function fine long after the stun unit has run out of power.

The main switch is the same as any conventional torch and indeed has the same application i.e. switching the torch on an off. Just like most torches the stun gun versions also have the little red signal button mounted on top of the switch .With the only difference being that the little red signal button actually powers the stun gun.

Pop the accessory black cap on the electrodes and there is no way u can differentiate it from any other torch! It also has a black carrying case which can be strapped on a belt.

As regards power output the instruction manual usually has a 1 or a 5 followed by a mind-boggling number of Zeros. I am almost 100 % sure that these are gross exaggerations especially since the English of the manual may as well be Chinese.

Having the arc touch your body is a singularly unpleasant experience. It will drop a normal man (5.7 12 inch unit) and have him immobilized till the weapon is removed from his person. The twin electrodes leave residual burn marks for a few days and a tingling sensation for a few hours.

The price of a typical 12 inch ‘torch’ ranges from Rs. 10,000 in Karachi to Rs. 600-800 for the same unit in Peshawar’s Karkhano bazaar.

I have been trying to find pics but I could not find any on the main search engines while the unit I had I gave away to my friend’s wife.

Generous of you to give away such a thing to your friends wife as ladies should carry that around. My wife carries one with her all times alongwith her .22 revolver. The sight & sound of the discharge is scary for the assailant even if not so effective in application. I bought 4 units from Rwp with prices ranging from PKR 6000-9000. I do agree upon the power exaggeration of the voltages. Mine lasts for 3mins continous discharge. A little advice for you, get the capacitor of your Stun-Gun changed to a higher Amp and the batteries to CR123 and you will see a considerable difference in its power.This would cost you under PKR1000. Trust me, I tried all mine on myself and friends and the modified one is 'non-lethal' in a very lethal way!
I am currently in the process of importing a lot of StunGun models from China and will inform the forums as soon as I have them. I am putting up a pic of the 3 small versions and will put up the large modified one as I am currently changing its casing from plastic to metal! Do pray for me! lol
Regards
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb340/Almuharib/Ultimate%20Survival%20Kit/StunGuns.jpg

PA
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Great information, I would surely like to buy one if you put up one for sale

Enigmatic Desires
06-01-2011, 11:51 PM
@ Almuhrib

Yups thats the one i had all right.. But i dunno much bout cacitors an changing.. Last I heard my freind's wife was using it to scare her hubby with...:P

Shortly after words I switched to a (what I consider ) more effective non-lethel weapon .. The "Pepper Spray"...

P/S I admire your guts sir. That nasty nastttty sizzle.. NO WAY am I gonna try em out on myself!

rashidjabbar
07-01-2011, 04:23 PM
really entrusting

umer118
12-01-2011, 12:23 AM
im really fond of them myself..... i have a few aswell.. ill post the pics

Enigmatic Desires
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
SInce i could not show mine. would love to c yours...

Rasal.Saleh
12-01-2011, 10:04 PM
@ED, LOL.... that has quite a few connotations...

PA
14-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Can anyone tell me if we can bring a stun gun in our luggage from canada, if yes then which is recommended to be brought ?

autocrat
14-03-2011, 12:49 PM
i need to buy a stun gun...small and compact. i think the torch ones will be best. can any1 tell me where i can get those in rwp/isl area. or is there any authentic company that ships em to pakistan.

hunter468
26-03-2011, 03:01 AM
these stun guns are really stunning,wtb 1

Almuharib
28-03-2011, 05:49 PM
i need to buy a stun gun...small and compact. i think the torch ones will be best. can any1 tell me where i can get those in rwp/isl area. or is there any authentic company that ships em to pakistan.

Feel free to contact me on xxxxxxxxxxx as I have some left in stock.
Regards

Reincarnated
11-04-2011, 02:40 PM
A lot of different models are being sold at karkhano bazar peshawar at prices varying between 500 Rs to 2,000 Rs (size and voltage). I am not into stun guns (no utility for me), but just bought one for the heck of it as it was being offered at a throw away price of just 500 Rs.
It is a very compact device, about 6 inch x 3~4 inch. I beleive shorter is better for SD purpose since it very easy to conceal and more handy than a long torch like object. I does have a toch function, however the electrodes are not concealed under any kind of plastic cap (which one can assume to be a disadvantage in a SD situation).
The stated voltage is 2800 Volts which I beleive is exagerated (Made in China explains it!!!). Though it does give a pretty nasty crackling when powered on. Havent tried it on myself or any others to see the effect. However judging from discussion here, I beleive some members here have the guts (and willingness) to try such things on themselves. If anyone is interested to try this on, I can offer to lend my device and services for the trial ;D
:)

mogame
29-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Aren't stun guns illegal in CA?

Reincarnated
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
CA? Means California? :0

No idea on legal status of stun guns in CA bro.

Birdshooter007
02-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Aren't stun guns illegal in CA?
Most of us are from PK, not CA.

American Lockpicker
03-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Can anyone tell me if we can bring a stun gun in our luggage from canada, if yes then which is recommended to be brought ?

If you can get a Taser. I seem to remember reading that you can pull the trigger a certain way(twice I think) and it will stay on allowing you to get away from your attacker and Taser will replace it if you send them a police report about the incident.

http://www.taser.com/how-to-buy/international Pakistan and Canada are listed on the country list.

SHOTGUNNER
08-12-2011, 07:14 AM
Enigmatic Desires and Almuharib vary good share brothers.

Enigmatic Desires
08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank you mazhar bhai

hdaackda
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
A nice guy I met was selling one taser (stun gun). Looked chinese with a torch and rechargeable. Was asking 2000/ for it. Posting pics, if anyone interested (and if not against forum rules), PM me and I'll send you his name/number

http://oi50.tinypic.com/25hiog2.jpg

http://oi50.tinypic.com/icigkx.jpg

Birdshooter007
05-08-2012, 06:54 PM
How do you PM here?

hdaackda
05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
hmm, sorry, didnt know we cant PM here...email me at haseebanjum85@gmail.com

fahad_dawra
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
A nice guy I met was selling one taser (stun gun). Looked chinese with a torch and rechargeable. Was asking 2000/ for it. Posting pics, if anyone interested (and if not against forum rules), PM me and I'll send you his name/number

http://oi50.tinypic.com/25hiog2.jpg

http://oi50.tinypic.com/icigkx.jpg

Really interested email me your number asap fahad_dawra@msn.com

fahad_dawra
05-08-2012, 08:48 PM
hmm, sorry, didnt know we cant PM here...email me at haseebanjum85@gmail.com

mail sent bro

Matapatapa
25-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Where would i go in lahore to purchase one of these?
My Mother and sisters routinely go out for walks outside during the nighttime...and well...you know.
if you dont want to talk about it on the fourm , email me at
ch2shahid@gmail.com

Sorry for bringing back a old forum though.

Birdshooter007
25-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Don't know about Lahore, but in Islamabad they're available in F-6 Super Market.

Enigmatic Desires
25-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Well.. well some1 dug up that old chestnut.. This is good meterial for my next blog.. Dont bother with em. they are worse then useless..
i've done all kinds of stun weaponry..

I wrote this..

http://photonews.com.pk/pepper-sprays-a-review/
Aft