PDA

View Full Version : Baikal Airgun 5.5mm .22 cal

Anaglyphical
03-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Salam all. I happened to buy a Baikal Airgun MP-512M .22 for around 21K. I was very impressed by its light weight and nice stock finish. But to my great disappointment the gun just wouldn't bring the doves down. each time i manage to hit one it just sheds a few feathers and flies away.Now i need your help if anyone has come across this gun and used it and tell me that is me who has the problem or its the gun. thanks

Denovo87
03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
which pellets are you using bro?
To check the power, fire one pellet on the floor holding muzzle with your both boots/shoes down about 2" above the floor.

Anaglyphical
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Bro I bought gamo match pellets. Ok I will give that a try. but what exactly should i observe after shooting it that way? besides shooting the gun at about 15 or 17 meters the pellets on striking the concrete wall become full flat and pressed.

Denovo87
03-12-2010, 06:57 PM
If pellet is getting full flat at 15-17 meters then no need to check power further just change the pellets to gamo magnum. Match pellets are flat and lighter that could be the reason of doves laughing after being shot ;)

wasifali89
03-12-2010, 08:54 PM
If pellet is getting full flat at 15-17 meters then no need to check power further just change the pellets to gamo magnum. Match pellets are flat and lighter that could be the reason of doves laughing after being shot ;)

hahahhaha

sir that was really funny...
but the match pellets are not that bad for dove hunting
i used it once and i shot abt 5 doves out of 8 (the scope was new to me)
and the hit ones fell down on spot

the Magnums are really useful when it comes to checking the accuracy basically, as the lighter pellets are prone to much more air distraction

this in turn gives the magnum more momentum and thus more penetration than the match

but i think that if ur an eagle killer.......

for doves, the match works very well

indeed ive shot a crow with it as well

Dr Hanif Malik
04-12-2010, 06:21 AM
no fault in air gun or pellets ,its new and will take little days to match with brother anagyl hands,but in this price choice to buy russian air gun was not good ,in same range gamo 1000,or diana little used are much better in all fetures.

Anaglyphical
04-12-2010, 10:13 AM
@Denovo87: Thanks for the input bro i will change the pellets.
@Wasifali: Thanks bro
@Dr.Hanif Malik: Thanks for the reply i was looking forward to one from you. Saeen thats very true i actually went to buy a gamo shadow 1000 but it was nowhere to be found in hyd market i was getting gamo shadow delta hence i preferred this russian. Unfortunately there isnt much variety in pellets in hyd market and they are way too expensive. If you could volunteer in getting me good pellets at reasonable rates i would be ever thankful to you.

wasifali89
04-12-2010, 10:18 PM
in pindi, the gamo match are 350 rupees for 250 pellet box
and 150 rupees / 100 for iranian pellets (pointed)

all the others i have are imported

but can u post some pictures of ur airgun please

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 05:54 PM
@Wasifali89: bro sure i'll be posting pics in sometime. can u imagine game match pellets in hyd Rs600 for a box of 250 and iranian ones are for 100.

Dr Hanif Malik
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
iranian rates in hyder abad are reasonable go for it and these are 85 percent effective and accurate,can be use in every .22 airguns.

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 06:12 PM
@Dr.Hanif Malik: Dr sahab i dont know why but so far the pellets i have used in my gun dont fit in properly as they should. they move down a bit.

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Further friends i want to tell you something about the gun, since yesterday I have some luck with bringing 4 doves down stone dead. Also i tried the pellets on a wall i the pellets were simply scattered in pieces and the range i can safely say was 40 Meters i will post the pics of the shooting place and pellets insha'Allah

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Pics of my Baikal 512m airgun .22

PrivateEye
05-12-2010, 06:46 PM
This is beautiful :)
Just let it settle down, break-in, m sure you wont regret. Airguns always require a good break-in period for its mechanism to settle down.

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
@Privateeye: Thanks for the compliment bro. Indeed it is beautiful and yes maybe its been a loong time after which i have resumed hunting with airgun so it will take some time

s.cheema
05-12-2010, 06:53 PM
very nice pics

Anaglyphical
05-12-2010, 06:55 PM
@S.Cheema. Thanks Bro

Gilani
05-12-2010, 11:18 PM
Nice gun. could you post some targets shot from 20 or 25 M?? Thanks and regards

Dr Hanif Malik
06-12-2010, 08:24 AM
@Dr.Hanif Malik: Dr sahab i dont know why but so far the pellets i have used in my gun dont fit in properly as they should. they move down a bit.
this case is with all b s a, diana,,reason every brand and type can fit in the gun so you only try which are proper fit in the air gun and result will also be very good ,gun also looking very solid.

Topak
06-12-2010, 11:46 AM
good gun. need to be reviewed.bro you need to publish its complete review for the benefit of members

Anaglyphical
06-12-2010, 05:10 PM
@Gilani:Thanks sir. Though I am not as good a marksman as yourself but i will still give it a try and try to post pics by tomoro insha"Allah.
@Dr Hanif Malik:Thanks Sir Oh i see then it means its a common thing nothing to be worried about :). I will try to fetch all the brands that might be available in hyd and try them in the gun. and yes of course it will improve the gun performance.
@Topak: Sir thanks insha"Allah i will be trying to come up with a detailed review in a couple of days insha"Allah.