PDA

View Full Version : Assembly / disassembly

Conceal Carry
26-03-2009, 11:05 PM
Looking at the quality of gunsmiths and their tools (at least in Karachi), I'll have a hard time giving my weapon to them for any repairs / maintenace if required. So I studied and learned to field strip and detailed strip my weapons myself. Now i can assemble and disassemble my weapons (pistols only) fairly easily. I was wondering if other members on the forum also do it. This way we can help each other if they come accross any problems in assembly/disassembly of their weapons.

Note: Please never try to modify / change any part of your weapon unless you have exclusive training to do that. Any such attempt may render your weapon totally useless or unreliable or unsafe.

Glxspk
27-03-2009, 12:13 AM
The instant I buy a weapon I go home & strip it all the way. Its become an obsessive habit.

Balazona
27-03-2009, 07:38 AM
i feild strip my pistols for cleaning but never detailed strip them.BTW i detailed strip my previous shotgun couple of times.detail stripping is a very complicated job.

Saeen
27-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Field Strip only !!! Not so very experienced :)

Daudpota
27-03-2009, 10:22 AM
I normally do it for cleaning. But I have just strip cleaned my pistols and am now worried for a possible malfunction.

As for modification, I used to have a lama .22lr pistol (1911 clone in .22) and it had feeding problems. After I repeatedly failed to get it fixed by a gunsmith of good repute, I stripped it, made some observations and checked out the mechanism. I was surprised that the magazine was defective and the bullet was not coming out of it properly. It was going towards left top and hitting the slide and getting stuck. A slight change in the magazine (alignment of the top portion) resolved the issue.

Always search the net and you will find info on almost any gun. Go ahead and do it, worst case scenario, you'll have to take it to the gunsmith. Regards.

Mohammad
27-03-2009, 10:28 AM
just field strip it. Detail strip can sometime cause problem in reassembling the weapon again.

Ka_Khan
27-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice topic Conceal Carry...i think his idea is that we should mention the weapons we could strip so that if someone is facing difficulty he knew whom to contact.
I have field striped the following and ....they are all working.I like what Glxpk said...you should know in detail your weapons.If i dont examine it completely i am afraid to use.
1)Ak 47
2)Krinkov AKSU 74
3)Beretta 92 FS
4)TT
5)Mp 5
6)DaoodSons 12 bore.
Would like to know about shotgun from Balazona.

Balazona
27-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Ka_Khan,it was a Desi clone of Mossberg 590 12 gauge shotgun.i detailed strip it couple of times.it is very easy.u can see Mossberg 590 disassembly video on Youtube.

9mm Luger
27-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I only trip it for cleaning Daudpota Sb no worries I strip my pistol every week regardless of it been fired!!

9mm Luger
27-03-2009, 08:13 PM
sorry strip not trip.. i have the habit to clean and relube evey now and then!!

Conceal Carry
27-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I only trip it for cleaning Daudpota Sb no worries I strip my pistol every week regardless of it been fired!!

Don't have to do it at that frequency. Only field strip after every shooting session for cleanin. detailed strip once in a year is enough. Detailed stripping is trickey if you don't observe closely how each part is placed, you may be in trouble to reassmblr it. Be very careful when taking out parts with springs, always wear safety glasses, springs under tension when released me shoot strait to your eye. also use clean plastic containers to keep your parts in away from kids and pets. You loose one small bit and your done.

Conceal Carry
27-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I have a Desi repeater (12 bore), would like to know how to strip it. Pics would be very helpful and welcomed. anyone?

9mm Luger
28-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Conceal Carry

thanks for the advice! will try follow it up!

Daudpota
28-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Same here Balazona. Please tell me what do you do about the rivets. I also have a mossberg clone and it is giving trouble. Please share some details with pictures, if possible. I will, meanwhile, search Youtube for info. Regards.

Balazona
28-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Which rivets u r talking about.plz post a pic for reference.

Daudpota
28-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I can take out the barrel and the cartridge tube for cleaning. But the rest of the mechanism, including the firing mechanism and the cartridge loading mechanism is fixed in place with rivets, not screws or nails. That is why I did not try to open it as I do not know anything about the rivets. Rivets are used in place of nails or screws. I will try to post pics. Regards.

Balazona
29-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Sir,there is only one pin above the trigger assembly.if u take it out from either side,the trigger assembly will come out.after that u can take out the tangs which keep the cartridges in the magazine.then there is bolt carrier and bolt itself.
it is a complex mechenism,so u suppose to be careful when u reassemble the gun.i will try to find a Youtube video for u.

Mastermind
29-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Field Strip only