PDA

View Full Version : Clean but not flawless barrel ?!

superkoolguy
19-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Salam Every body.
I have this curiosity but have not yet found a satisfactory answer.

I have a taurus 809e (silver)

I clean the barrel with nylon brush and pull through with a clean cloth.
When I inspect the barrel grooves, everything is clean BUT, I can see small spots in the barrel. I mean it is not smooth and reflective like glass.
The spots i am referring I think are not physical ones, but look more like as if part of barrel material. I dont know, maybe I am thinking too much about the barrel.

But someone plz help me in this regard.
THANKS

Aquarius
19-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Please post some clear pictures of the barrel to have a better idea of these small parts you are talking about.
BTW shoot some twenty to thirty rounds and clean the barrel again and look for these small parts again.

someone_001
19-11-2010, 11:58 PM
please post the picture with blue background.. and try any solvents like hoppes 9 available in the market to clean the carbon/led before taking any picture.

Denovo87
20-11-2010, 12:52 AM
SK bro, thats normal with Taurus barrels, they look dry n dull. I had the same itch to make them smooth n mirror shiny so got special bore polishing compounds imported but despite all that compounding PT145, OSS and 608 all three remained dull, dry and dirty. So learn to live with that bro, you cannot do anything to make them shiny, smooth and lively like other pistol barrels.

harry
22-11-2010, 05:37 PM
For senior members:
I have a question & I don’t want to start another thread for it.
Can break oil be used for removing rust & to lubricate our guns?

adil39
14-01-2011, 10:36 PM
@koolguy

take the barrel out of slide, hold it vertically, pour boiling hot water into the barrel but please make sure you are not holding the barrel with bare hands. try using some sort of pincers or hold it with a plyer after insulating that part of barrel with a cloth to avoid scratches. now use the pull through to wipe out any residue and moisture....try it..This is wat i always do with my pistol as well as shotgun...equally good for a rifled and a smooth barrel...nothing inside a barrel escapes boiling water and it doesn't affect the barrel negatively in any way if u dry it

adil39
14-01-2011, 10:42 PM
For senior members:
I have a question & I don’t want to start another thread for it.
Can break oil be used for removing rust & to lubricate our guns?

Not at all recommended dear... brake fluids are not petroleum-based. I could have given it a second thought, had it been engine oil instead of brake oil....please put me right if i'm wrong somewhere