PDA

View Full Version : GSG-5 or Baikal MP-161

XCaliber
11-11-2010, 03:43 PM
Greetings.

I am trying to make up my mind regarding the purchase of a semi auto .22lr rifle.

Two such weapons I have found in the market in the 60-70k range are the

Baikal MP-161

and

GSG-5

Could I please get some advice as to which is a better option?

Cheers.

XCaliber
15-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Bump...

on the All New Pakguns :)

Rasal.Saleh
15-11-2010, 11:44 AM
If you ask me the only way to go is The GSG-5 its beautiful and fun to shoot.
The baikal is a wll built weapon but finish is inferior to the GSG-5.

Regards

Vik
15-11-2010, 01:14 PM
You can never go wrong with a Russian weapon.

Rasal.Saleh
15-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Sir, you are very right... but the Germans also have a history of producing weapons and GSG-5 is one of the few semis that are well built and well finished.
The baikal is a very good weapon but in the looks department lags behind.
But then its all about personal prefrence...

Regards

Vik
15-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Russian weapons get the job done. I have learned this the hard way on the range. I am into pistols right now. I have not used .22 rifles as of now.

XCaliber
16-11-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the inputs gentlemen!

I guess if it comes down to personal preference, i will measure the pros and cons of each and how they look/feel and then decide.

I saw the two models at Buksh Elahi but the prices were a bit on the higher side :)

Do you know of any other dealer in Lahore stocking these two items?

Cheers

wasifali89
22-11-2010, 10:05 PM
@Xcaliber

are u the same from pakwheels with the same nick

just an out of the blue reply to the thread

arfat110
23-11-2010, 10:25 PM
brother go for GSG 5

pagani
25-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Salaam! i just found out about GSG 5 after reading ur post, and i love it! can you tell me how much is the exact cost in lahore/Karachi? thank you

XCaliber
26-11-2010, 01:04 PM
WasifAli my nick on Pakwheels is SpeedDemon.

Pagani, Buksh Ellahi Lahore has a variety of the gsg models, including the MP-5 look alike and the smallest one which I think they call a pistol!

They also have the Baikal MP-161. Prices are in the 60's but I have yet to check the rest of the market for a variance in price.

pagani
26-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Thanks Xcaliber, i just went and saw baikal mp161k at DAAD in karachi, he wasnt giving it for less than 70k. I hope i can find any adler .22 rifles at a lower price, love the ap-80 and ap85

pagani
26-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I just got back from a place in saddar, he was giving me a new gsg5 for 75k, to be exact it was a gsg5-SD, now as i am aware any silenced gun is illegal in this country right? can anyone shine some light on this please, howcome the dealer was more than happy to sell it.

pagani
26-11-2010, 04:57 PM
this is the one i saw http://www.americantactical.us/images/GERG2222MP5.jpg

Abbas
26-11-2010, 05:33 PM
@Xcaliber Salams, if I may ask why are you interested in the 151 or the GSG ? What do you plan to do with it ?

XCaliber
26-11-2010, 07:13 PM
WSalam Abbas Bhai.

I am looking for maximum shooting time with a rifle at the range or just plinking. .22 is still affordable so more rounds for the same money as compared to other calibers. I already have a 9mm pistol and a shotgun which I am using this hunting season. I initially wanted a BRNO but I found the prices to be very unreasonable for used ones! My thought was to get a bolt action which is also capable of hunting small game but now I feel that such hunts are not really on my agenda.

Both the 161 and the GSG seem to have a decent repute for semi-auto .22 rifles hence my current choices.

However I do await any suggestions or guidance from your end :)

Pagani as far as I know that is not a real silencer on the MP5-SD

iffe
29-11-2010, 12:08 AM
price of GSG5 in karachi is 75k

would any one suggest how much a used one should be

it will be of great help

iffe
29-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Dear Brothers

im am getting a used GSG5 which was purchased by the owner in august
it is in scratchless condition and 80 odd bullets fired

the person is saying 59k final for the gun

what should be a good price to purchse this beauty.

any input will be highly regarded

Thanks

Dr Zakir
29-11-2010, 10:29 PM
GSG 5 is nice for plinking

thegame787
15-12-2010, 01:52 AM
that silencer "like" thing is a fake supressor to hide its long barrell. i am looking for gsg5 too but with a retractable stock without supressor, a used one would be great with a fair price.

Conceal Carry
15-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I'll share my experience which may benefit you.

1- GSG5 looks cool, is compact, high magazine capacity but ammo sensitive (only fires high velocity rounds), prone to jamming and very expensive for a .22.

2- Mp-161K looks cool & futuristic, light weight, will fire any type of ammo (standard, sub-sonic, high velocity), accurate, longer range compared to GSG5 but low magazine capacity.

My choice MP-161K

WSalam Abbas Bhai.

I am looking for maximum shooting time with a rifle at the range or just plinking. .22 is still affordable so more rounds for the same money as compared to other calibers. I already have a 9mm pistol and a shotgun which I am using this hunting season. I initially wanted a BRNO but I found the prices to be very unreasonable for used ones! My thought was to get a bolt action which is also capable of hunting small game but now I feel that such hunts are not really on my agenda.

Both the 161 and the GSG seem to have a decent repute for semi-auto .22 rifles hence my current choices.

However I do await any suggestions or guidance from your end :)

Pagani as far as I know that is not a real silencer on the MP5-SD

AmericanSoldier1989
21-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I actually just traded my GSG-5 in for a Ruger LCP. I only took it to the range a total of 3 times.. I got tired of the jams and the headache of cleaning it.

Pros: Almost exact replica of HK MP5, Very accurate, aluminum reciever, cheap to shoot, and it is upgradable.

Cons: Very prone to jams, and a pain in the neck to clean.

woogiebug
11-09-2012, 12:42 AM
someone said "its down to personal preference" very true. But, just wanted to say something about the gsg5. got one about a year back. Me and my kids must have put around 1500 rounds through it. Neglected to clean it on a lot of occasions. Had 4 jams in all and that too because i put old winchester (slightly rusted) rounds in it. Always used high velocity. The only thing negative about it is the weight. I could be lucky not getting jams but thats my experience. Have a remington 22, winchester and one other american. this gun has the best range and accuracy.

semperfi
11-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Dont have much experience of Mp-161, although it looks like a decent weapon, however the GSG-5 is an excellent firearm, can be upgraded and customized to suit any purpose. The Pistol (PK) version is almost identical to the MP5K, and there is a full sized version also. Its very well made reflecting high standard german engineering. I have fired 700 rds thru it without a single malfunction or jam. It doesn't jam unless you use low quality standard velocity ammo(which is unrealiable even in Standard velocity firing weapons). Use only High velocity ammunition, in my case I use CCI stingers & RWS FMJs, so far no malfunctions, and i have only cleaned the firearm once. Its not a very high maintenance firearm.
My advice = GSG 5

however if you are looking for a purely sporting ''Rifle'' then go for the Mp 161...GSG 5 is more of an all purpose firearm (plinking, target shooting etc.)