PDA

View Full Version : Air Gun Legal Status

hamdani
05-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Salam To All!!

plz sm one inform about the legal status of air gun in Pakistan....
is it a "Fire Arm"
does any kind of air guns (by bore or by dealing/auto, semi auto, rifle e.t.c) needs to be on licence?
also wanna know about bringing an air gun from any other country.... does it requires any import pemit or sm thing like that???

Regards...

Silent killerr
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Air gun is not a "Fire arm" so do not require any license. All you have to do is , go to dealer pay money and take your Air gun.
Importing air gun has been discussed earlier, you should use search option to get information

hamdani
05-11-2010, 02:51 PM
sorry....
in many countries there are restriction and conditions for having an air gun....
also in the countries where having a gun is far most popular than pakistan.... even in Israel... in us and uk and many euoropean countries there are regulations based on muzzle velocity and gun's functioning system.... such as co2 based guns are nt allowed in many of them...

Topak
05-11-2010, 03:42 PM
i am not sure, but what i have presumed that air guns with the bore of more than .22 are not allowed here.no FPS speed or machenism system is banned.

shahroze
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
well i heard a according to article 144 i think
air gun falls in the category of a weapon and carrying weapons on the road side or else where , where they can be seen openly
is not allowed i was once hunting with my air gun in a park
2 police man came by me
and after a lot of discussion they called to some senior officer and he told me that this time i can get away with it but other wise the gun would be taken away and i would be fined
i doubt that they could fine me or take my gun due to some sources of mine as well :D are sitting up there
just wanted to caution u
and trust me it is true

Silent killerr
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Bro, dont you know Pakistani police, all they want is "kHARCHA PANI" . if you gave them this kharcha pani they will let you go.... :)

Comments against Law enforcing agencies DELETED.
Mod

adnanpic2000
07-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I got my air rifle from overseas and at customs i told them i have air rifle they let me pass without any issues.

Ka_Khan
07-11-2010, 11:14 PM
For the record,You do not need a license for an Air Gun in Pakistan.

adnanpic2000
08-11-2010, 09:08 AM
That is true, but at the boarding they asked me where i am takeing the air rifle. I told them pakistan they said no problem them. On inquiry they told me a lot of other countries require air gun license.

{OK}
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM
I have a question..
Can anyone tell me wheather i can domestically carry my Airgun through Air planes or not ?

shahroze
08-11-2010, 03:52 PM
For the record,You do not need a license for an Air Gun in Pakistan.

yes u are right but we cant take airguns and carry them on road
...... they should be concealed

hamdani
08-11-2010, 07:00 PM
thanx to all... specially mr adnanpi2000