PDA

View Full Version : Cannik 55 C100 review and an appology to a fellow pakgunner.

Mitho
18-10-2010, 11:42 PM
I bought cannik c100 after really good reviews on the forum.after purchasing it i could not be any happier.
but after few weeks i made a deal with Abbas for his cz75 so i had to sell it.
made a deal with a pakgunner off the forum.Every thing was worked out but for the good or the worse i took it out for session before i handed it to the new owner.
Fired only two full mags from it and was content to part ways with it.every thing went uneventfully .but after reaching home i stripped it to clean it.
the barrel was in pristine condition.
But i was horrified to see that very deep scratch marks had appeared on the slide rails that fit on the frame rails. i know what tooling marks so it was a gun malfunction or u can say it was the low manufacturing quality of the gun.
I had every thing settled with the fellow pakgunner. i could have had handed it to him but i pulled out of the deal and sold it to a dealer at a loss.
I can be DISCOURTEOUS sir but i cant be called a cheat.i could have had rubbed the scratches of using a sand paper but i opted to be rude and not to sell it to you.
i do apologize for not attending ur calls but this i why i did not sell u my gun.hope u do forgive me.
and surely do hope that my apology reaches the concerned member
NOW for the review

awesome looking gun

light weight

good balance

trigger was fine

safety worked fine

good for conceal carry

had it in white finish.i could have used it to write on a blackboard with it.it painted the holster white from inside.so finishing was the worst i have seen.

now comes the metal part.its made from aluminum.
man my window panes aluminum is harder than that of the gun.i accidentally bumped my cf98 with the slide of cannik.man it was not even a bump but it left a deep scratch on it.wonder what would have had happened if i had dropped it...........
after that i reverted to cf98 as the primary carry gun
.last strip i did the guide rod slipped from its place when i was putting it back and it scratched the frames dust cover from inside..0.5mm in depth.

so lessons learned
Stay the F--k away from CANNIK .
what ever I hear what ever I see about cannik weapon on the net will not make me to go for a cannik ever again.now even a stroger 8000 has got of my wish list thanks to cannik.

I would gladly have a norinco over a cannik handgun any given day or matter of fact any given night.

this is my review about the cannik i bought it and fired it.i know many member would differ but this is what i believe.DONT EVER BUY A CANNIK>

AK47
19-10-2010, 12:01 AM
hmmm...... :rolleyes: :o :rolleyes:

@Mitho...........What's been around with you bro! This is really amazingly disgusting! :rolleyes: :mad:

You were indeed fair to the PakGunner bro, bravo! :)

Now, let's come to the topic, I'm really shocked to read your review, this is beyond any logical perception, I do not have any Canik55, have never had problems of any sorts with other Turks, Stoeger, Kilinc, yet there has always been this praise for the Canik55 series and you're the first one to come up with this kind of shocking experience.

Since it's not about the SS finish, but the overall metallurgy of the weapon, I'd like to invite over fellow brothers with the Canik55, especially the compact version, black or white, doesn't really matter, what is your experience guys, should these consignments come marked : "Fragile, be aware"? :rolleyes:

Mitho
19-10-2010, 12:15 AM
@ak47
sir maybe i got a lemon.a very sour lemon.

ps its with a dealer in saddar lucky star.i can guide anyone who wants to confirm the scratches but it would definitely put me into hot waters with the dealer.

coolbox18
19-10-2010, 12:32 AM
mitho bro
Firstly, very nice of you to be so fair :)
secondly, I am sure you got a lemon, most probably a repainted/refinished piece.

@AK sb
I had a canik shark compact for a while, some members on forum did use it with me at firing range, and it performed flawless inside and out. it only had problems in desi loads, else was brilliant. Finish was no less than excellent.

AK47
19-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks Coolbox, and yes Mitho, it seems a "lemonade experience", lols! :(

@Coolbox... So you have parted with it? :rolleyes:

And yes, you're right, I remember your gun, very nice finish and quite oily! ;)

coolbox18
19-10-2010, 12:35 PM
AK47 sb,
I had other priorities, needed to address them. I have Canic Shark on my wish list again for future, but maybe full frame this time :)

HussnainAyub
19-10-2010, 02:41 PM
i have also fired some rounds with canik55 and i found it really amazing with nice grip well balanced and firing accuracy

emre
19-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Mitho brother,
It is a very frustrating experience you have had with your gun. This is quite understandable.
However, your attitude against all Turkish weapons and producers is not nice.
In my posts I have written my positive experience with my Canik compact, C 100 model in white finish.
I have already put around 150 shots within a few weeks with the pistol without any problems.
the finish is fine and I carry it everyday, it has not stained anything.

Every pistol would get scratch marks if bumped with another pistol.
I have had exactly the same problem when I bumped my K?r?kkale gun (Walther PP variant) into my CZ 75, and it nicked the CZ 75 slide.
You say you had fired the pistol without any problems, and, those good comments are lost among the angry ones.
I carry my gun for reliable action primarily. The looks come second.
Of course this is no excuse for the bad craftsmanship of any item.

But if you say "Stay the F--k away from Turkish crap." you make a generalization which affects a country's every honorable manufacturer.
I have visited the Canik factory and I saw the manufacturing process with my own eyes. People put their efforts to produce these guns and are proud of their work there.
Let us not hurt each other with angry words.

Please put some pictures of the marks you have mentioned in the post, and I will take pictures from the same spots of my Canik 55, and lets see what is going on.

I would very strongly suggest you to contact Canik factory about your problem, I m sure you would get a positive reply.

Aquarius
19-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Yes ofcourse.. some pictures will be highly appreciated and helpful to know the exact cause. :|

emre
19-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Mitho brother I am waiting for your reply and your pictures.

Please reconsider your angry comments, and don't make generalizations.

fahadkhalid
19-10-2010, 09:28 PM
I bought cannik c100 after really good reviews on the forum.after purchasing it i could not be any happier.
made a deal with a pakgunner off the forum.Every thing was worked out but for the good or the worse i took it out for session before i handed it to the new owner.
Fired only two full mags from it and was content to part ways with it.every thing went uneventfully .but after reaching home i stripped it to clean it.
But i was horrified to see that very deep scratch marks had appeared on the slide rails that fit on the frame rails. i know what tooling marks so it was a gun malfunction or u can say it was the low manufacturing quality of the gun.
I had every thing settled with the fellow pakgunner. i could have had handed it to him but i pulled out of the deal and sold it to a dealer at a loss.
I can be DISCOURTEOUS sir but i cant be called a cheat.i could have had rubbed the scratches of using a sand paper but i opted to be rude and not to sell it to you.
i do apologize for not attending ur calls but this i why i did not sell u my gun.hope u do forgive me.
NOW for the review

awesome looking gun

light weight

good balance

trigger was fine

safety worked fine

good for conceal carry

had it in white finish.i could have used it to write on a blackboard with it.it painted the holster white from inside.so finishing was the worst i have seen.

man my window panes aluminum is harder than that of the gun.i accidentally bumped my cf98 with the slide of cannik.man it was not even a bump but it left a deep scratch on it.wonder what would have had happened if i had dropped it...........
.last strip i did the guide rod slipped from its place when i was putting it back and it scratched the frames dust cover from inside..0.5mm in depth.

so lessons learned
Stay the F--k away from turkish crap.
what ever I hear what ever I see about turkish weapon on the net will not make me to go for a turkish crap ever again.now even a stroger 8000 has got of my wish list thanks to cannik.

I would gladly have a norinco over a trukish handgun any given day or matter of fact any given night.

this is my review about the cannik i bought it and fired it.i know many member would differ but this is what i believe.those turks should shove their guns up some place where they don't see the day light ever again.
Mitho brother, please refer to the competitive thread in the club house, and check out my posts in the last few pages, all were shot from a turkish weapon. Maybe you got a bad peice, happens with the best of them. But when you are posting on a public forum, please keep your "jazbaat" aside and point out the facts, from reading your post it seems to me as if your looking forward to an argument with people who prefer turkish weapons over other origins. Its good that you dont like to be called a cheat, but you can do that without being rude as well. Instead of all this drama, of not attending the other brothers calls and ignoring him, you could have called him over and showed him what the problem is and excused yoursel from the deal. That would have made a bigger man out of you in his eyes. But i guess personal maturity does not come with the promotions in ranks of PG.

Please dont take anything to your heart, am not trying to be discourteous, just trying to make a point.

regards.

HussnainAyub
19-10-2010, 10:09 PM
can't say both r right according to their way

Saleemullahkhan
19-10-2010, 10:51 PM
@Mitho Bhai: I am with you. I too strongly believe that Turkish Guns are crap nothing else :(

HussnainAyub
19-10-2010, 11:00 PM
not only myself but also a lot of ppl will not like ur thinking and saying about Canik55

Mitho
19-10-2010, 11:03 PM
@fahad
point already taken.and dually apologized for.
only reason i did not reply his calls was that he would have not believed me as most of the member don't believe that i had a scratched AWESOME INVINCIBLE "TURKISH PISTOL".
and i was backing out because i was getting better rates for it.
and too busy for showing people my defective weapon.
and since when personal maturity comes with pg ranks???????????????????????
and if had believed personal maturity was coming with pg ranks i would have had flooded the forum with post.have been a member for 19months and still a lord of war.
secondly i can do express my jazbats on the forum as you have expressed yours.
PS trying very hard not to be discourteous here.don't liked to be judge by my fellow beings.apology(ohhh i meant the drama) is not meant for u.
have fun with ur AWESOME TURKISH WEAPON..i am happier without them.
@sallemullah +1000000000000000

HussnainAyub
19-10-2010, 11:19 PM
nice thought

fahadkhalid
19-10-2010, 11:54 PM
@Mitho i apologise for trying to show the right way to handle a particular situation like that and trying to show you not to try and impose your own will over people, but you are mitho. dont think anything else can be said. People who think like mitho please do stay away from turkish weapons, leave them to be enjoyed by people who actually know when they see a quality weapon, be is from turkey or Pakistan.

Ozlem
19-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Dear Mitho,

Of course it is good sharing the ideas and your experinces but please kindly be more objective while writing, just with one time trying you cannot make generalizations through all the pistols. Lots of dealers/distributors have orders from Canik55. And the customers are very satisfied if you kindly check the website, you can see other comments of all Canik55 pistols, their accuracy etc, even gets better results from CZ, Glock etc. Just the customers share these.

Thanks to Mr. Emre he shared his experince also, he has the same model and doesn't have any scratch marks etc, there should be some reason for it. And you also say that there is no problem with the shooting.

NOW for the review

awesome looking gun

light weight

good balance

trigger was fine

safety worked fine

good for conceal carry

so lessons learned
Stay the F--k away from turkish crap.
what ever I hear what ever I see about turkish weapon on the net will not make me to go for a turkish crap ever again.now even a stroger 8000 has got of my wish list thanks to cannik.

I would gladly have a norinco over a trukish handgun any given day or matter of fact any given night.

this is my review about the cannik i bought it and fired it.i know many member would differ but this is what i believe.those turks should shove their guns up some place where they don't see the day light ever again.

fahadkhalid
20-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Agreed with Ozlem. Here at the range, i have seen turkish weapons out perform Glocks and berettas. A bunch of us friend hold a shooting competition every once in a while and i have had people ditching their glocks and shooting the competition with stoegars, caniks and girsans. So mitho no hard feelings. Like I said, some people know guns, some dont.

Dr Zakir
20-10-2010, 12:31 AM
In the end it all comes to matter of $$ how much u can afford to spent . Brands like glock sig hk main advantages are their relaibility , meaning less chance of failure or malfunction . Also doesn't mean that u should not buy any weapon unless u can buy a glock is wrong .even local weapons can do good performance . Every has a budget and u buy according to death .
Turkish themselves consider canik one of the topmost brands

Ozlem
20-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Thank you Fahad for your supports and thoughts, but these are reality not smtg we make up just the users feedback.

Agreed with Ozlem. Here at the range, i have seen turkish weapons out perform Glocks and berettas. A bunch of us friend hold a shooting competition every once in a while and i have had people ditching their glocks and shooting the competition with stoegars, caniks and girsans. So mitho no hard feelings. Like I said, some people know guns, some dont.

Mitho
20-10-2010, 12:59 AM
@fahad
okie dokie no hard feelings.
in due time u will learn about guns so i dont mind u at all.
and thanks for showing me the right way for dealing with people with i am always right attitude.

Mitho
20-10-2010, 01:01 AM
@ozlem
sir already mail cannik55 company but no respond from their end.

adnanpic2000
20-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Do these guns from turkey have any warranty from the maufacture???
My guess is not. So therefore the dealers get them at a very cheap good rate and i will not be supprised if they are refurbished weapons.

Sensei
20-10-2010, 04:12 AM
@Mitho my dear dont buy at first just borrow from any friend and give a try to Stoeger couger if you could not spend for Glock or HK etchttp://s2.postimage.org/HGl5i.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

AK47
20-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Healthy, "heated" debate going on here, nice potent shares.

From my side: No generalizations plz! :)

We have a PG Glock club already, could post and form another one for HK's, etc, those respectable members who can afford it are already there, we always welcome newer members, yet as for the rest of the club business here on PG is concerned, it's pre-dominantly Turk, like it or not! ;)

Check the net and find out about occasional Glock kabooms, leave alone finishing scratches/dents, things like that do happen, and I'm sure such owner's postings on the Glock, on their respective forums, would be no different and less "jazbaat loaded" than Mitho's on the Canik series. ;)

Look, let's put it this way and end the saga:

1) Mitho is rightly angered. :) ( unless, you believe he's paid by Brazil and European/U.S market agents, course he wouldn't post without any reason, right?)

2) His Jazbaat is quite natural, regardless of membership rank, heck, even ME's/SM's do lash out, occasionally) ;)

3) He is not fair in generalizations, agree and withdraw Mitho bro.

4) His gun was an exceptional lemon, all details of such should have been posted here with illustrations, so that forum based response could have been directed all the way back to Canik55, if anything faulty had been demonstrated to the satisfaction of all seniors.

5) There's really not much to complain about if a 40K gun screws up (as a rare occasion), look, take out the customs, freight, dealer commissions/profits, etc, from those tiny 40-45K that we pay, the Turk manufacturer is actually getting no more than what we pay our local Darra people directly for POS 20K clones, o.k? ;)

Still, functionally, the gun was reported without issues!

6) Chill out guys, this should be a full stop to the saga. Regards. :)

Mitho
20-10-2010, 10:29 AM
@ak47
generalization withdrawn.and now the topic is only cannik55 c100 specific.
and a full stop from my end for the saga.

AK47
20-10-2010, 10:53 AM
@ak47
generalization withdrawn.and now the topic is only cannik55 c100 specific.
and a full stop from my end for the saga.

Thanks Mitho, appreciated.

You're welcome and do go on with the finishing issues, even if possible, take time out and post some pics by visiting the dealer, unless he already has disposed off the item. Regards. :)

coolbox18
20-10-2010, 11:29 AM
@Emre and Ozlem,

All of us here respect each other alot, and specially the citizens of Turkey, somehow Pakistani nationals have a 'default' brotherhood feeling for this country.

I believe you have been hurt here by our brother Mitho's reaction. But please note that it was hard eraned money going waste (weapons are very very expensive here, we buy Canik at a rate similar to Glock in US!). I apologize on his behalf, and he too has withdrawn the 'generalization' and is now specific to his Canik55 C100 only.

Please do not get offended, and keep the positive contributions coming. Myself am a satisfied CAnik ex-customer (had to sell my Shark C due to other priorities) and am still a proud owner of a very good Turkish Shotgun.

@Mitho brother, please post some pictures for us to also learn from your unfortunate experience.

Mitho
20-10-2010, 01:53 PM
sold the pistol.
ps still havent bought a camera. ;)

emre
20-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Dear Coolbox 18 brother,

I paid 2175 turkish liras which makes about 1490 US dollars to my compact Canik 55.
This was hard earned money also. A glock 19 costed about 2444, a CZ 75 costed 2375 and a Beretta about 1800 dollars at that time. The price list can be reached from MKEK.
Guns in Turkey are stupidly expensive, and as you can see. There is an enormous tax load on the gun market, and very strict control so that the producer has to sell the gun to a government institution, MKEK, www.mkek.gov.tr (http://www.mkek.gov.tr) .there is no direct selling to customers. So what sounds like a cheap lemon gun to you in your currency terms is quite expensive in Turkey. I could have bought a custom made handgun for this price in the United States. This is not the main topic of the discussion however.

I have also seen Glocks, Berettas, Colts, and Brownings deformed after certain conditions. This does not make them bad guns.
I have never said STAY AWAY FROM THE f.... American/Austrian/Italian or Belgian guns.
I have driven a beautiful Pontiac Grand Am, but left me on the highway car park with a dead battery. I still can not say stay away from the Pontiac cars, on one occasion.

The gun that Brother Mitho purchased can be a real lemon. Possible.
But this does not prove that all other Turkish guns are lemons also.
There are certain quality requirements for producing guns and barrels. A company can not produce out of these requirements.

Pakistan has been a very friendly country for Turkish people. In a Turkish saying, it says, what hurts you most is the impact you had from a close friend, not from a foe.
If I had the same comments that Mitho brother wrote from a hostile country, I wouldn't mind at all, and I would hit back very hard.
But from a Pakistani brother, these comments really hurt. When I was a kid I remember saying the song "Jive Pakistan".

Buying a product for a cheap price does not make it bad all the time. When I first purchased my CZ 75 in 1995, it was the cheapest imported gun in MKEK. No body can call it a bad gun.
They were new in the market and had to enter with lower prices.
The same for the Turkish gun producers, that enter the Pakistan market.
The marketing cost for any gun is cheap as dirt, unless it is custom made. Beretta sold F-92 s to united states army for about 285 dollars a piece as far as I am concerned.
I dont believe that any Glock would cost more than 250 dollars to produce actually. They would never publicly say that though. Most of the money is spent on developing and patenting the products.
The prices come up as a result of wise marketing.
I am sure the turkish company will be after this product.
I would like to see the pictures of the complained parts. Then we can have something to discuss.

coolbox18
20-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Dear Coolbox 18 brother,

So what sounds like a cheap lemon gun to you in your currency terms is quite expensive in Turkey. I could have bought a custom made handgun for this price in the United States. This is not the main topic of the discussion however.

Dear emre brother (or sister?)

Canik55 products are not cheap lemons, and do not sound like them either. As I mentioned, I am a satisfied customer, Shark C :)
And it is sad to hear that you face the same problem of expensive weapons! We get a Glock for about US $2800 or above in Pakistan! Canik is in the affordable range (about US$ 500-600 range).

The gun that Brother Mitho purchased can be a real lemon. Possible.
But this does not prove that all other Turkish guns are lemons also.
There are certain quality requirements for producing guns and barrels. A company can not produce out of these requirements.

Pakistan has been a very friendly country for Turkish people. In a Turkish saying, it says, what hurts you most is the impact you had from a close friend, not from a foe.
If I had the same comments that Mitho brother wrote from a hostile country, I wouldn't mind at all, and I would hit back very hard.
But from a Pakistani brother, these comments really hurt. When I was a kid I remember saying the song "Jive Pakistan".

Thank you for your warm feelings for Pakistan and Pakistani citizens :)

I would again like to apologize again, as I know your feelings have been hurt. I think it is best to forget and move on, as Mitho brother has sold his weapon, and there are no pictures of the problematic weapon either!

Mohammad
20-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Dear Coolbox 18 brother,

Brother emre i would apologize on behalf of my fellow pakgunner for the remarks that may have hurt your sentiments. I am sure that he actually did not mean that, the reason because he was not happy with the gun, but that also does not mean that he starts passing comments that may be offending to others. I apologize on his behalf. And as far as Pakistan and Turkey is concerned, we are brothers. We have long lasting bonding that is virtually unbreakable. Long live Pakistan and Turkey

Zubair
20-10-2010, 04:37 PM
emre... :) KARDESIM , BOS VER.

Vik
20-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Pictures would have been much appreciated Sir Mitho.
Well Long live TURKEY.

Dr Hanif Malik
20-10-2010, 07:48 PM
@mohammad,sir well said :)

ANK
20-10-2010, 09:12 PM
@mitho:you can have a bad exp with a weapon but that does not generalize for other weapons such as strouger 8000 and other makes....it's sad to know what happened but at the same time happy to know that you didnot pass it on to a pakguns member which was faulty

Skeeter60
20-10-2010, 10:43 PM
EMRE
Brother I sincerely appologise and also on behalf of all our forum members being the eldest on the forum.
We all love the Caniks we have for their reliability and accuracy; also these are not expansive here compared with other guns.
Un fortunately one particular gun may have some un hardened/faulty parts which upset younger Brother Mitho and his emotions got the best of him.
Please do not consider his out burst an insult to our great brother country Turkey to whom we look up to as our pride and honour.
I have personel roots and relations and I want this misunderstanding cleared post haste.
I have earlier requested to our brothers that what ever we write we are responsible for the ramifications which follow, the whole world reads what we write here

JU

fahadkhalid
20-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Very well said Sir Skeeter60 sb. I suggest, with alot of apologies to our turkish brothers on the forum, that this thread maybe please be deleted or closed at the least.

emre
21-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Dear brother Skeeter60 and all the brothers of the forum,
Thank you very much for the nice opinions.
I am sure we have settled down the situation. Pakistan is our brother for ever.

Ozlem
23-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Dear Sir,
Of course we don't consider ourselves one of the top most brands. As we know all the companies, and we work all the time to try our best to be one of the well known brands and we just appreciate their success, as they are the very old companies and fathers of this job. Regarding the price in all over the world every people has the same react that even another brand (which is not well known) better than the well known company, we go and buy the brand product just for it's name, brand...

In the end it all comes to matter of $$ how much u can afford to spent . Brands like glock sig hk main advantages are their relaibility , meaning less chance of failure or malfunction . Also doesn't mean that u should not buy any weapon unless u can buy a glock is wrong .even local weapons can do good performance . Every has a budget and u buy according to death .
Turkish themselves consider canik one of the topmost brands

Ozlem
23-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Pls resend.

@ozlem
sir already mail cannik55 company but no respond from their end.

fahadkhalid
23-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Ozlem brother, are you a member of the canik company or do you have any liasons with them or any other turkish arms company?

Ozlem
23-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Dear Sirs,

Thank you very much for all your supports and nice thoughts as Mr. Emre said.

Dear brother Skeeter60 and all the brothers of the forum,
Thank you very much for the nice opinions.
I am sure we have settled down the situation. Pakistan is our brother for ever.

khurram malik
07-12-2010, 09:00 PM
canik pistols are the best.They are based on famous cz 75 pistol,most reliable mechanism and metallurgy of these pistols is the best.canik 55 pistols are in use of Turkish Army.

Gilani
07-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Its sad that Mitho brother got a lemon. It happens sometimes, even with the best of brands. I haven't heard of a company which has never produced a lemon. I understand Mitho's feelings of disgust, I would have also felt the same had this happened to me. However, the reaction was a bit uncalled for and certainly did not warrant use of abusive language. Conversely, a photographic evidence was a must which I found missing from the review and despite repeated requests from various members, was not produced.

IMHO, a final verdict just can not be passed on experience of using only one gun. I have seen the slides of many Walthers getting cracked. Does it mean Walther is a crap company?? I have also seen many faulty Glocks, Smith & Wessons etc etc. No body says that Glock or S&W is a crap company. They are all labelled top companies because a large percentage of weapons from these companies satisfy the customer.

I have used many Turkish handguns from companies like Canik55, Sarsilmaz, Stoeger, Girsan Yavuz, Zigana etc and found them excellent value for money. Was most impressed with Canik55 Piranha, Sarsilmaz Klinc 2000 and Sarsilmaz B6. They are top quality very accurate weapons in very very reasonable price.

I don't at all agree that Turkish weapons are a crap............