Glxspk
22-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Tricky eh?

Balazona
22-03-2009, 09:20 AM
My vote for HK USP 9mm.

Firepower!
22-03-2009, 10:14 AM
For pure utility Glock would be my choice.
For a looker and added feature and ergonomics I would pick HK.

Kulachi
22-03-2009, 11:32 AM
For me, Glock wins hands down in ergonomics. HK is better in looks. However, it can't beat Sigs in that.

HassaanAfzal
22-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Glock

Taurus
22-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Glock

Glocky
22-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Neither, how about a Taurus ;)
Just kidding, Glock it is for me

Conceal Carry
27-03-2009, 10:48 PM
HK without a second thought.

Silent killerr
15-10-2009, 06:37 PM
i prefer Glock

Naveed_pk
15-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Glock

Moeen
15-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Salam All,
I may be the Glock guy, but hands down I would choose the HK USP, I have owned and fired them on many occasions almost as much as the Glocks and I find the USP better to shoot. The felt-recoil on the USP is very low as compared to the Glock; this is due to the dual springs in the recoil rod. Also ergonomically feeling - the HK feels better in the hands.

mehranbiz
16-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I think Germany is the top (End) in world quality They don't use cheap tactics for the publicity of our products.

My vote for H&K

SevenMagnum
18-10-2009, 01:25 AM
The natural pointability of glock is more appealing than that of HK. But if you want to look different and yeah want to be noticed as you pull your gun amongest the gun buffs so go for HK. HK 9mm grip is not my kind of grip but .45 USP has got metal magzine so slim mag well resulting nice grip for a 12 shot double column .45 .
As chamber loaded glock is a bit difficult for some folks to carry than HK is a better option. GLOCK IS LIKE AK47 UTTERLY RELIABLE ON NORMAL FACTORY FODDER

XMen
18-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Flock will be my ultimate choice

Ilyas
18-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Flock will be my ultimate choice

@XMen... Bro a flock of HKs' or Glocks! For me any would do :D

KageFox
18-10-2009, 09:54 AM
My vote would go for HK, the P30 as a service-sized pistol, the P2000SK as a compact, conceal carry gun. And the Mark 23, just so that I can goggle at it
http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/guns/0.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Sharp Shooter
18-10-2009, 12:30 PM
why not both??? ;)

Omer571
18-10-2009, 10:03 PM
+1 Sharp Shooter

StevenCline
19-10-2009, 08:10 AM
For pure utility Glock would be my choice.
For a looker and added feature and ergonomics I would pick HK.

I tend to agree with this. Well stated, Firepower.

ARMAGEDDON
19-10-2009, 08:52 AM
when i see Glock throwing plenty of auto rounds out of her mounth, thats it!

Dr Zakir
19-10-2009, 11:01 PM
there is no comparsion between glock and HK . only two other pistols can be compared a SIG or custom built 1911 like kimber STI etc
glock is an above average handgun and not an outstanding one.

KageFox
19-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Agree with Glock being above average... HK is in a class of its own...

Glocky
20-10-2009, 12:55 AM
there is no comparsion between glock and HK . only two other pistols can be compared a SIG or custom built 1911 like kimber STI etc

Would you like to qualify that statement !! Quality/reliability wise there is no comparable difference, so what makes you say that. You could prefer one over the other but why not comparable ??

SevenMagnum
20-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Respceted buddies as glock is a serious self defence gun not a match shooter. As STI, KIMBER, SIG are very highly priced handguns. I have never shot STI, kimber but shot Sig 220, 226. All the sigs are accurate but are less natural pointing guns than glock with more muzzle flip. so quick accurate repeat shot has to be mastered. The most important thing in a self defence handgun is the gun relaiability which matters first and accuracy comes second. Glock is utterly reliable haveing natural pointability. I shot both HK & Glock many times and found that in quick reflex shooting, glock is a winner. HK vs Glock (9mm) with respect to price i suggest glock is the choice. I rather like HK .45 USP, though i have shot HK MARK 23 (potentialy accurate) because of the relatively thinner grip from the Glock 21, HK .45 USP feels and shoot better. My argument does not suggest that HK is a crap or bad they are one hell of a gun but.................. glock is an UPSET in the tournament.:)

12GAUGE
20-10-2009, 01:23 AM
+1 Dr. Zakir

from what i've been reading on the net, HK and SIG are from a totally different league when compared to Glocks. I guess comparing HK to Glock would be more like an argument of comparing German "Precision" Engineering to Austrian Engineering (good but nothing special).

now we all know what German Engineering stands for right? HINT: google "German Engineering". ;)

then google "austrian engineering", u'll get austrian engineering universities (and degree programs).

Regards.

Victory
20-10-2009, 01:39 AM

HK's particularly the USPs would get a thumbs up for ambidexterity, ergonomics and quality, magazine release, slide release, safety, choices in trigger variants, ability to carry, cocked and locked so basically HK gets a +1 for ergonomics and aesthetics. Same with the Sig Sauers.

But when it comes to pure practical business there is nothing like a Glock. Consistent trigger pull each time, no safety distractions, comparatively easier to detail strip and reassemble than a HK or a Sig Sauer which really is an advantage when recovering from a malfunction, cheaper parts etc etc etc. There is nothing like a Glock when it comes to simplicity & practicality in any condition.

HKs & Sig Sauers are usually ranked higher than a Glock due to the quality of their components as compared to the Glock but again quality of Glocks components is not bad at all. If you're talking about those marginal tens of thousands of rounds yes your HK or Sig would stretch a bit far but who the heck shoots that much anyway.

I own a number of Glocks, HKs, Sigs and yes three Kimber 1911s and with my Glock I'm a happy customer.

If I was comparing a Sig Sauer with a 1911 it would be a Wilson Combat or a Springfield 1911, but Kimber not a chance. My Kimber Stainless II Compact refuses to shoot Prvi Partizan rounds. All three Kimbers have had their share of problems including the bespoke Kimber.

Victory
20-10-2009, 02:21 AM
And I forgot to mention... Sigs and HKs are not suitable for our climate specially for the ones who live near the sea and do not care much about their weapons. I used to keep a HK USP in a holster under my car seat. After a few months I took it out for a little cleaning and it had corrosion on the slide release, magazine etc. Same with the Sig Sauers & 1911s. Glocks NEVER.

SevenMagnum
20-10-2009, 02:30 AM
I agree with you Dr. imran (VICTORY).

Glocky
20-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Finally an actual experience, may i add even quality wise glocks can outlast Sigs and HKs. Massad Ayoob a famous self defence expert, writer and former law enforcement officer has one Glock 17 through which he has put 170,000 rounds and still going strong.

Don't get me wrong i have used Sigs and Hks, heck i shoot better with a Sig 228, but Victory is right for pure business and reliability the glock works just fine. Its butt ugly but works. i don't agree with the climate point though, any quality weapon should last under any normal weather conditions, and we have no different conditions than any part of the world. And yes even glocks can/do rust.

SevenMagnum
20-10-2009, 04:29 PM
One way or the other you agree with the facts of practical life. Thats the point.

Adeel Ahmad
20-10-2009, 10:09 PM
@12Gauge
I tend to disagree with you as Austrians have the best Matelorgy Expertise.
Corrosion thing, maybe a point can be taken from above line.

ARMAGEDDON
20-10-2009, 10:31 PM
as because of my habit of observation; you guys just check every pistol which has drop down barrel, you will see that all pistols's barrels protruding out from the ejection port are sliced from the top but i havent seen any of glocks going that ugly.

Dr Zakir
20-10-2009, 10:59 PM
all matter of personal experience i have found HK and SIG and moeen colt 1911 much more accurate and with better triggers then the glocks . all three are reliable no question about them but in terms of accuracy and trigger HK and SIGS are better ,although my glock is with a customized ported barrel and trigger but in my personal experience HK and SIGs are better . quality of HK in any kind of firearm is world renowned . the price difference ( glock 600$ and HK and SIGS 1000$ ) does not come just for the name . there is definetly something that u are paying for extra bucks .

SevenMagnum
20-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Zakir sahib you are elder and we respect what you say.:)

Glocky
20-10-2009, 11:33 PM
As i said earlier anyone can have a preference for one over the other but to say that HK, Sigs and glocks are not comparable is incorrect. The SA trigger of a Sig is good and crisp, no doubt but try double taps with a glock and you feel the difference, the Sig trigger has a longer reset. Lets not even talk about the DA of a Sig its nothing to write home about. I have yet to try the shorter DAK triggers so YMMV

Neverthless all three manufacturers have made their mark and to each his own. :|

Victory
21-10-2009, 12:45 AM
If you want match grade accuracy & trigger get a match grade pistol. primarily Glocks, Sigs and HKs are meant for self defense, military or the law enforcement and all of them have sufficient accuracy for such jobs. Trigger, grips and accuracy rather dependent on the holder and sometimes are a matter of individual preference, capabilities etc etc.

About some of the people in a disagreement about HKs & Sigs being prone to rust and wear of the exterior better take a look at my HKs & Sigs. One of the USPs is with a dealer and you are more than welcome to inspect corrosion on the slide, slide release and other nooks and crannies.

Sigs (recent models, older models had a k-kote finish) & HKs have a nitron finish on them making them rust resistant and not rust proof. Glock on the other hand comes with a tennifer finish. Teflon and tennifer are known to penetrate into metals giving them more strength and durability making their extrior rust proof. Tennifer again doesnt wear out that easily as compared to nitron or parkerization. In Pakistan these pistols come at such a high price most of us treat them as their children. Even the ones who carry regularly carefully take them out of the box , tuck them in a nice holster come back home and put them back into a box. Almost hundred percent of these pistols are scratchless. Some of us would even own a glock, hk or sig yet would carry a taurus, cougar or a chinese pistol for carry.

The handgun is actually put to test when carried by a the law enforcement or military people in a holster out in the open with virtually no maintainence which is when that weapon gets subjected to the goods & bads of weather and atmosphere. Even in Pakistan feel free to check a Glock & HK carried by a law enforcement of an army guy and you'll see the difference. Not satisfied, those of you wh live near the sea, throw your Glock & HK or Sig under the seat of your car for a few months and you'll see what Im talking about. Hand them out to your security guard, even better.

12GAUGE
21-10-2009, 02:29 PM
@12Gauge
I tend to disagree with you as Austrians have the best Matelorgy Expertise.
Corrosion thing, maybe a point can be taken from above line.

Sir, did u mean metallurgy or meteorology? and Sir jee u dont have to agree with me. just thats google "german engineering" and then google "austrian engineering". ;)

u'll find: the term "german engineering" is used to describe the highest possible standards in precision engineering, sorta like synonym to best possible engineering. whereas "austrian engineering" means engineering study programs in austrian universities. :D

if ur the kinda person that takes history in serious consideration (like me): u'll find that germans even before world war 2 had a history of best engineering practices. if u wiki world war 2 and german equipment u'll find that germans historically had a moto to build quality resulting in much less quantity produced even during wartime. this fact is quoted on multiple internet sites (and discovery channel programs) and is usually taken as one of the reasons why germany lost. that is: THEY DO NOT SACRIFICE ON QUALITY EVEN IF HIGHER QUANTITIES ARE DESPERATELY NEEDED.

Regards.

p.s. i'm a huge WW2 fanatic. someday we'll talk what germans gave to the firearms industry during WW2. hint: hammer forged rifling. helicopters. rockets (v1,v2). and the list is very long sir.

ARMAGEDDON
21-10-2009, 03:20 PM
all of you guys are correct, glock,hk & sig are world's renowned fire arm manufactures, all three brands are the best, but at the end its all about personal liking, none of us can defy any of them. but why glock because the are for the pure utility purpose thats why very less parts construction!

KageFox
21-10-2009, 04:05 PM
p.s. i'm a huge WW2 fanatic. someday we'll talk what germans gave to the firearms industry during WW2. hint: hammer forged rifling. helicopters. rockets (v1,v2). and the list is very long sir.

Wow, a fellow World War II fanatic! Me too!

MHMalik
21-10-2009, 05:18 PM
HKs are far superior when it comes to parts fitting together and overall build quality. The same trigger pull is NOT a factor when you compare HKs with Glocks. Both have same trigger pull everytime.. (unless you decock the hammered HKs - this is an added feature and not a compulsion..)

The P7 is far more accurate than a Glock will every be. The USP is also a superior handgun in pretty much every way(except the trigger could use some work on it). I have seen them is extensive use personally. Glocks will tend to break the recoil rod and dont lock up properly (out of battery) if you dont take care of them (granted this is after extensive and careless firing). The P7 (i have used the M13 variant) is not the easiest weapon to clean - you need a special brush to clean the gas tube.

The USP just keeps on ticking.

Two areas where the Glock shines though is
1. It is more resistant to scratches than USP. But less than the P7
2. It runs longer without any lubrication whatsoever. (but who does that really?)

Presence of a manual safety being a hinderance or a comfort is a matter of personal training and not an issue that can be used to compare two weapons. All three are just as instinctive with the proper amount of range time.

I would say performance wise they are both excellent, and it boils down to personal preferences ( I for one prefer the unnatural grip angle of the glock).