is there stopping power good ?
is it accurate in long range shots ?
is it a durable gun over call ?

* what is the difference in
.30 bore

which is more effective ?

zeeshan.pk
11-10-2010, 12:02 AM
Shehroze dear,.30 is a nice gun if making company is excellent,specially chinese and sebian Zastava r v good,but this is basically assault weapon and bullet is of high velocity,while 9mm is a medium ,soft and reliable pistol,both 9mm and .30 r good,depends which is ur requirement

Faisji
11-10-2010, 12:51 AM
i have noticed that .30 bore pistol is used widely in Pakistan
my qestions are :
are they good for self defense ?
is there stopping power good ?
is it accurate in long range shots ?
is it a durable gun over call ?

* what is the difference in
.30 bore

which is more effective ?

They are good for self defense specially if you have to shoot through car doors.windows or wooden doors.In open spaces there is a tendency to over penetrate soft targets so It is essential that hollow point rounds are utilized.

Loaded with hollow points they are more than capable of killing/incapacitation in single shot

Toks are zeroed at 25 meters and are pretty flat shooting out to 50 meters and beyond.

Toks are very reliable and will last a lifetime for a average shooter

30.45,50 refer to the diameter of bullet in inches so a .30 is 7.62mm,.45 is 11.43 mm and a .50 is a 12.5 mm.As physics would dictate bigger the size of bullet more punch it will deliver hence will be more powerful

Shahzeb
11-10-2010, 12:13 PM
are they good for self defense?

The TT is widely used due to its cheap ammo, cheap gun and ease of availability. Also, it has a slim profile and most people find it quite easy to cc it. But there are some disadvantages. First of, it is very dangerous to carry a TT chambered-cocked or not. Secondly the mag capacity is very low (7-8) rounds and even though there are some double stacked TT around, I would still opt for a modern 9millimeter or .45. But other than that, the TT round does pack a punch! It depends on the user.

is there stopping power good?

The 7.62 by 25mm round (.30 bore) is surprisingly very powerful! It is known to pierce type II body armor (which can stop a .45) I think the bullet's unique bottleneck profile helps but i'm not sure about that. In other words, this gun has amazing stopping power.

is it accurate in long range shots?

As for accuracy, I find this gun fairly accurate. Plus it depends on model and make. Obviously a Zastava M57 would be more accurate than a cheap (build quality) Pakistani clone but it all depends on quality-some darra clones might be more accurate than a Russian TT! Also the recoil is a between a 9mil and a .45 so i still find my 9mm wayyy more accurate than the TT

is it a durable gun over call?

Yes! The Tokarev is known for its reliability but that again comes down to build quality. Since it's design was largely taken from the 1911 series, this gun is very reliable.

which is more effective?
.30 bore

I would go with the .45 ACP for its power/punch but the .30 would be my second option. There are two .50 cal bullets. One used in sniper rifles like the M82 or heavy machine guns like the M2 browning and the second like in the desert eagle. If your referring to the desert eagle one, i believe that it is not pragmatic at all. Just used for showing off or collection or whatever. No practical SD/HD use for that pistol but i dont have that much knowledge on this question. This is just what i think.

Hope this helps!

shahroze
11-10-2010, 04:47 PM
thank u guys for such information :D

Shahzeb
11-10-2010, 05:33 PM
No problem! Glad to help a fellow pakgunner :)

shahroze
11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
my friend told me that he fired his tt and it went through 3 bricks laying side by side
that is really powerful
:o

Shahzeb
11-10-2010, 06:01 PM
i think he's over-exaggerating by saying that it went through 3 bricks laying side by side but it is powerful!

shahroze
11-10-2010, 06:08 PM
so you mean it cant go through 3 bricks ?
hmmmm

Amjad Ali
11-10-2010, 06:30 PM
shahroze brother you have noticed that .30 bore pistol is used widely in Pakistan

brother did you note that which gun is using by our police majority of our police and army are using 9 mm guns with semi auto

option for defence

which is more effective ? every amu is effective if fired in right time in right place with the right vision of target

shahroze
11-10-2010, 07:21 PM
yes sir i have noticed police officers using 9mm
but i have also seen * chillers * carrying tts !
no offense :D

once i asked a police man that which gun was he carrying
he coolly a biretta it is very expensive when i checked it out it was a local tt which we get for 8 k LOL!

Amjad Ali
12-10-2010, 12:55 PM
yes sir i have noticed police officers using 9mm
but i have also seen * chillers * carrying tts !
no offense :D
once i asked a police man that which gun was he carrying
he coolly a biretta it is very expensive when i checked it out it was a local tt which we get for 8 k LOL!

our government issued BERETTA to all police men and traffic wardons but they are also warned that if his gun snatched or theft

it means his job snatched and theft & he will not join his job till the recovery of his weapon so all the police officers and traffic wardons safe their actual guns at home and carry a fake made bretta .

shahroze
12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
yup i know that but some guyz also carry a 30.bore ?
DONT U aGree?

Amjad Ali
12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
yup i know that but some guyz also carry a 30.bore ?
DONT U aGree?

i am not against 30 bore but most of official guys even in pakguns community have 9mm

it shows that 9mm is better then 30 bore . what you say about that

Crazy Shooter
13-10-2010, 04:00 AM
9mm has more stopping power as compared to 7.62x25 but Tokarev has the amazing and surprising capability of penetrating shooting a target in a car or behind an average level metal will surely need a 7.62x25 mm we dnt have a variety of 7.62x25 bullets in our market all we can get is chinese now also serbia and local ones whereas 9mm has a huge variety of ammo , yes its the most common caliber in pakistan but 9mm is now replacing it because of its easy avlblty and low price as compared to 9mm handguns imagine a good quality 9mm clone will cost you atleast 25 K where as you can get a NIB Zastava or Chinese in this price range

jonnyc
13-10-2010, 04:57 AM
In the US, very few would ever carry a .30 Bore pistol because we are afraid of the trouble we will get into with the superior penetration of this cartridge. The 9mm and .45 with good JHP bullets are much more popular here because they tend to stay in their intended target better. We have a great selection of Hollow Points in 9 and 45, but almost nothing in .30/7.62.

Amjad Ali
13-10-2010, 01:30 PM
@ crazy shooter
@ jonnyc

thanks for your comments both you have a good knowledge about ammu

shahroze
13-10-2010, 04:10 PM
thanks guys but
what about OVER penetration
it should be good
or we can use hallow point bullets in .30 bore
they tend to stay in the shot target

drag80
13-10-2010, 05:13 PM
my friend told me that he fired his tt and it went through 3 bricks laying side by side
that is really powerful
:o

well bro a 7.62x25 cannot possibly go through 3 bricks. An average house wall is made up of approx three bricks with thickness of 9 inches. I think only 7.62x39 mm has the velocity to punch through walls.

However, 7.62x25 mm is no doubt an extremely lethal round.

Shahzeb
13-10-2010, 06:10 PM
@Shahroze over penetration is considered bad esp in the US because there, walls are made out of wood and foam and other weak materials compared to cemented bricks in Pakistan. They (in America) worry that if they miss their target, the stray bullet might go through a wall and hit a family member or any other innocent person. We in Pakistan do not have to worry about over penetration but should still stay safe.

+1 to drago80 bhai as the 7.62x25 is NOT powerful enough to penetrate a brick wall but I do disagree about the 7.62x39mm penetration. Once when my dad and I were taking out the AK-47's to clean (for security in the upcoming elections-2008 to be precise) my dad wasn't careful and an accidental discharge occurred. The bullet went through the wooden closet door but was embedded in the wall.
So safety first and never underestimate the lethality of a bullet. Even the .22lr is deadly!

drag80
13-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Agreed shahzeb bro.

deadly_seagul
18-10-2010, 08:30 PM
hey dr , . . i wana clean my 30 bor . . . could u plz tel me the steps how 2 disassemble and assemble it. . .

jonnyc
18-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Here is info on how to disassemble a TT pistol.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/pistoltt33/disassemble/index.asp

deadly_seagul
18-10-2010, 08:53 PM
thnakx

HussnainAyub
18-10-2010, 11:01 PM
i also recommened that 9mm is much better than 30 bore

HussnainAyub
18-10-2010, 11:03 PM
9 mm handguns have a lots of stuff and known as the best SD or HD weapon

HussnainAyub
18-10-2010, 11:04 PM
i got 9mm and surely i'll always say that 9MM is the best ....................