PDA

View Full Version : New: ISSC M22 Finally Reviewed

Abbas
03-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Salams,

For a quite a while the ISSC Glock 19 lookalike M22 had been tantalizing us all with it's build quality, Glock heritage, 'Made in Austria' stamp and light weight. I had been looking for a chance to review one but did not know anyone who owned one. Today a friend lent me his new M22 to test to my desire and satisfaction !

As this is not a major item and is mostly a curio, I will keep the review short.

The pistol feels really nice to hold, the grip angle is good, the finish is clean. Very pointable, sights are Glock like, the trigger is identical to Glock's 'Safe Action' and functions fine. The pull is not crisp and very average. Disassembly seems Glock like as well but I could not get it open (to be fair did not read the manual, was in a hurry to test it). In all you feel like you're handling a quality pistol and it will shoot the crap out of everything.

Well, that's where the good news ends, it doesn't. It simply fails to perform. I started the test with three different types of ammo. Eley Club, Eley Sport, Armscor (not pictured) and Federal GameShok. All misfired without exception. In firing about 100 rounds or 10 ten mags, not one was without FTF or FTE. Often I had to use a flat screwdriver to pull empty shells stuck in the barrel a few times as well. The firing pin strikes were haywire and not consistent at all. The ISSC was a big disappointment for me as I was expecting it to work well and certainly much better than my Akdal Mini 06. Compared the Mini06 would win in about every department, size, concealment, accuracy, reliability, beauty and price.

It started retailing for around 70 K but is now selling for a final price of 45 K.

Verdict: Good looking Trash.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC1_resize.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC2_resize.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC3_resize.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC4_resize.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC5_resize.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/AbbasMalik/ISSC6_resize.jpg

On the above target I was aiming dead center. The shots all landed wherever they felt like :) I thought perhaps I was having a bad day and borrowed two shots from Starfish's 9mm Zigana who was shooting at the next table. Both landed in 10 as can be seen on the target. Picked up the ISSC again and got the same wild shots again. I thought perhaps the pistol did not fit my hand, called another good shooter, he fired 5 shots on the same target and his landed the same as mine, wild.

Arslan_tareen
03-10-2010, 02:46 AM
Great review Abbas bahi , i have read in an international forum and tend to agree with them is that the major reason behind the absolute failure of this hand gun is very simple , the have tried to make every thing like a Glock expect they forgot to put the right caliber ! i,e A landcrusier body with the engine of vitara .
what are your views on that ?
could the fault just or mostly lie with the smaller caliber ?
p.s i am not a hand gun expert so my opinion is just a simple thought and observation or review study .

AK47
03-10-2010, 04:34 AM
Thanks for discarding another piece of un-reviewed junk, Chief, really appreciated. Nice review! :)

Wonder why another member was satisfied with this, lately! :rolleyes:

He though had a 5" barreled one, yet the gun should still be the same! :/ :rolleyes:

Taurus
03-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Quite Dissapointing review well folks i have never seen a .22 pistol to work on without FTF or FTE i would recommend mostly a match pistol in .22 like berreta 87 cheetah or type like that but conceal carry type .22 is a failure

Mani
03-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Nice review....

Abbas
03-10-2010, 03:08 PM
@Arsalan Thank you, You are partially right. Whenever a gun designed for a specific caliber is produced in other calibers it generally reduces it's reliability/accuracy. However Glock changed all that, sadly this is not a Glock.

@Ak I myself read the other review for it and was quite surprised. .22 are always ammo sensitive but this was just nonsense.

@Apalo Post deleted, kindly refrain from making useless comments.

Usama
03-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Abbas Bhai if possible then please use CCI mini rounds next time ... the one which gives excellent result with
your akdal mini it might then performs better :)

Skeeter60
03-10-2010, 03:42 PM
The ISSC M22
Seems to have a respectable name but it is a real turkey. It feels like a tin toy; the screws holding the safeties are a poor sight.
The sights are out of basic alignment with the gun itself.
The trigger is miserable and there were numerous failures/stoppages

Aquarius
03-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Great review Chief :) .. quite an eye opener indeed.. :o

Denovo87
03-10-2010, 07:58 PM
Beside being a "good looking trash", I noticed a manual safety right on the trigger, Abbas bro can you please write how it works and is it of any use? as I saw same thing available for Glock .

Dr Zakir
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Great review .

Mian-50
03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
AoA all,

SAME IS TRUE FOR SIG-SAUER ''MOSQUITO''

Majority of .22 pistols are proved to accept certain brands of ammunition,except the following:

1.Rugers.
2.High standard(Originals).
3.S&W Model -41.
4.Sig Trail side.
5.Beretta Neos.
6.Walther(GSPs).

Topak
03-10-2010, 09:17 PM
another Akadal ghost ! :P
thanks for share

Tomahawk
03-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Great review.
Sir by the way at what time you usually visit the range, i was also there today, left around 1 PM.

Abbas
06-10-2010, 02:02 AM
@Usama I returned the pistol, it was not worth wasting CCI ammo on.

@Aquarius Thank you :)

@Denovo Did not play with the safety, the trigger though works just like Glock.

@Mian50 True, most .22 rimfires are ammo picky.

@Tomahawk I come around 3:30. If you stay a little later you'll meet a couple of PakGunners there.

Slayerjatt
06-10-2010, 03:45 AM
nice review chief and you saved many from falling for the aesthetics of this junk. and good to know that starfish got his membership. :)

Zaheer
07-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Chief ! You saved many newbies like me to buy this CRAP ! THANKS CHIEF

Abbas
07-10-2010, 06:51 PM
@Slayer Good to hear from you ! How was the match ?

@Zaheer Welcome, InshAllah as more and more reviews get out there it will help make choices easier.

Gilani
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Abbas sahib, a very nice review as usual and an eye opener too. I wonder how another member had such great views about the performance of this gun. And I know Trapshooter brother is no novice with the guns; he is a top class national level shooter. As far as I recall he made something like 1 or 2 inches group with the same handgun from 25 M shooting with a single hand.

Howcome such a big difference?? Does it speak of a severe quality control problem with ISSC? One gun proves to be excellent and the other is just a trash. Even Chinese guns don't have such loose quality control :)

AK47
07-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Trapshooter bro has not visited the thread since days to challenge this review. As far as tight groups are concerned, well, his gun had a longer barrel as well.

The major thing here with respect to quality control, or the lack of it, is more about the unreliable cycling issues, I feel.

I really wish Abbas bro had tested it out with the CCI mini ammo as well. :( :rolleyes:

Skeeter60
07-10-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a nagging doubt that a number of big brand names are making cheapo pistols in China and finally finishing them of themselves and putting their names on these. How can one compare the value today of a Walther PP or PPK with a new Walther .22. The Old one is not only great bur commands three times the price; same is true for the Hammerli SP20 and again the Sig Mosquito etc . Well this is my nagging doubt I could be wrong

Skeeter60
18-11-2010, 01:40 PM
AoA all,

SAME IS TRUE FOR SIG-SAUER ''MOSQUITO''

Majority of .22 pistols are proved to accept certain brands of ammunition,except the following:

1.Rugers.
2.High standard(Originals).
3.S&W Model -41.
4.Sig Trail side.
5.Beretta Neos.
6.Walther(GSPs).

I completely agree with you and you can include also count the the Walther P 22 in the Sig mosquitoe group I have a nagging feeling the lemon pistols were not made by the original parent company and were made else where to cut costs these days companies are doing all these mean tactics to make money. I just can not believe the cheapo clunkers were made by the great name companies.

harry
18-11-2010, 06:21 PM
As per my knowledge both the FTF & FTE are known problems in .22 semi auto weapons. Even good arms manufacturers are also unable to produce flawless weapons in this caliber.
I guess it’s the caliber itself that creates the problem.

1. Size of ammo - FTF
2. Power of ammo - FTE

One should go for a revolver or a bolt action rifle in this caliber.

Vik
18-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Dear Harry
Not in Ruger MK III.

Vik
18-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I have some doubts on Walther P22 being copied somewhere else. I think such huge brand names will not do it themselves.
I have checked P22 a couple of months ago and Made in Germany was going all crooked.
It was not properly embossed.

Skeeter60
18-11-2010, 07:56 PM
So there you are if Made in Germany is going crooked then there is some thing seriously wrong some where.
The .22 Lr Rim fire cartridge is one of the oldest and something over ten billion rounds are fired yearly in US alone.
I have fired my share in the last 55 of my 62 years without any trouble from proper auto handguns. Ammo / caliber associated problems are non existent with quality ammo. You are right a rimfire is more vulnerable to extraction problems but only when poor quality ammo is used.

Vik
18-11-2010, 08:37 PM
And there were just way too many P22's at the shop.

harry
19-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Dear Harry
Not in Ruger MK III.

Vik bro,
Sorry for the mistake, my comments are restricted to inexpensive weapons only.
I have had bad experiences with Italian .22 rifles though I have found the magnums better.
I had kept Arminius revolvers .22 for a long time. A very good weapon indeed.
I am afraid to buy a .22 pistol or a semi-auto rifle now (because of my bad experience).

Vik
19-11-2010, 02:36 PM
Harry bro
What's the name of Italian .22 rifle.

harry
20-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Vik bro,
Both were Adler's in AK47 shape.

hskhan2k2
25-11-2010, 05:38 AM
gud review abbas sahab...

aamir136
27-11-2010, 04:36 PM
salams to all. is there anybody who tell me about .22 lr , i need a .22 rifle with scope bolt action/semi . ? i want to buy it for hunting purpose. i see a thing pak made daudsons dsa .22, but i dont know that it has a mount for scope. plz tell me about .22 DSA or any good kind of .22 rifle.????

BaderJanjua
02-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Someone recommended the pistol to me today but thanks to Abbas now I have a changed opinion

gunlover2020
05-01-2013, 01:01 AM
A GREAT REVIEW BY ABBAS.

Personally ISSC M22 is better than Walther P22. One of the main reason is because it has a Glock Look, Good weight & Recoil handling is better. THAT'S JUST MY OPION.

ISSC M22 Price Range From RS: 40,000 TO 67,000

IF YOU BUY IT NOW.

Model Early 2010 Price: RS: 37,000 Depending On The Dealer.
Late 2010 Price: RS 45,000 Depending On The Dealer.

Model Early 2011 Price: RS: 45,000 Depending On The Dealer.
Late 2011 Price: RS 55,000 Depending On The Dealer.

Model Early 2012 Price: RS: 60,000 Depending On The Dealer.
Late 2012 Price: RS 67,000 Depending On The Dealer.

THESE PRICE ARE BEEN CHECK BY 18 DIFFERENT DEALERS IN DIFFERENT CITIES. MOST OF THE DEALER'S SELLING THE 2010 MODEL FOR 45K OR HIGHER. BECAUSE OF THE .22 CAL WHICH IS NOT VERY MUCH USED IN PAKISTAN SO THE STOCK OF .22 REMAINS & THAT'S ONE OF THE REASON WHY THE MOST OF THE DEALER'S STILL HAVE BRAND NEW BOXED 2010 MODELS IN THEIR STORES.

(Year 2012 Model Have Few Adjustments & Been Made To Increase Performance)

ELEY SPORT.22 RIMFIRE LR PRICE: RS 20/BULLET (500 ROUNDS NO MISS FIRE) Day 1
SELLIER & BELLOT .22 RIMFIRE LR HV 36gr PRICE:RS 25/BULLET (500 ROUNDS NO MISS FIRE) Day 2
CCI MINI MAG .22 RIMFIRE LR 40gr PRICE:RS 30/BULLET (500 ROUNDS 128 MISS FIRE) Day 3

HAVE FIRED MAX DISTANCE OF 275 METERS = 300 YARDS = 900 FEET = 0.275 KM

I BOUGHT MINE IN 2012, FIRED OVER 3000 ROUNDS BUT LOOKS BRAND NEW.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY THOUGHTS:

HIGHT CAL WEAPONS REQUIRES MORE TRAINING, PRACTICE & MOST OF THE TIME NOT EVERYONE IN THE FAMILY OR HOUSE ABLE TO COOP WITH THE RECOIL, SOUND NOSE, WEIGHT & SIZE OF THE GUN AND SPECIALLY THE PRICE SOMETIMES.

WHERE AS
.22LR IS ONE OF THE BEST & DEADLIEST CAL EVER MADE EVER. .22LR NOT ONLY YOU IN THE HOUSE BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY CAN EASLY LEARN & STARTING STRAIGHT AWAY. LOWEST RECOIL, MINIMUM SOUND NOSE, WEIGHT CLOSE TO NOTHING & THE PRICE REASONABLE, SPECIALLY ON AMMO.

darkjustice
31-01-2013, 07:32 PM
i found this on the net, don't under stand it completely but i hope some one can explain it to me how to open the gun. i don't see any place on the gun that gun can opened. i thought the gun comes in 1 piece. no ?

I began calling the ISSC M22 my “lawsuit gun” after GLOCK filed suit against Austrian Sporting Arms, Inc. and ISSC Handels GmbH, in US District Court over supposed “trade dress infringement, trade dress dilution, and unfair competition”. At question, apparently, is the ability of the gun-buying public to tell the difference between the .22 caliber M22 and GLOCK’s world-renowned line of striker-fired polymer pistols. Reviews of the M22 run the gamut. Here are my impressions based on nine months of ownership.ASA and ISSC clearly could have won the lawsuit, but decided it was cheaper to settle out of court in the late Summer of 2010 and agreed to redesign the M22 to incorporate new design features that would make the M22 more distinctive. At first glance, the M22 clearly resembles the GLOCK 19 with it’s blocky slide and angled grip. Closer inspection (and not much closer) reveals vast, glaring differences. Besides the obvious caliber difference, two things jump out at you from the back of the M22′s slide. The M22 is a hammer-fired, single-action-only pistol, not striker fired like the GLOCK. And it has an external, ambidextrous safety/decocker.The rear sight is like the GLOCK outlined, squared U-shape, but it is adjustable for windage. The front post is not a dot, but a square. The slide serrations, vertical grooves at the back of the slide on the GLOCK, are a shallower, cross-hatched design on the M22, and are repeated at the front of the slide as well. The grip has finger grooves that make the gun feel very comfortable in your hand, but the front and back straps are smooth, unlike the GLOCK.Looking at the trigger, the trigger guard on the M22 is rounded and smooth, unlike the GLOCK’s squared guard with it’s checkering on the front. The M22 has a bladed trigger safety is similar to the GLOCK, but there are two trigger safety mechanisms that are different. One is a key-lock located on the side of the trigger itself, which functions like the key locks provided with Bersa and Taurus pistols. The M22 comes with a small “key” with two prongs which can be inserted into this safety. Turn the key 45-degrees, and the trigger is locked. The other trigger safety is a magazine disconnect. If the magazine is out of the gun, the trigger will lock and the gun will not fire.Disassembly is similar to most .22 pistols, with a touch of GLOCK thrown in. Like most .22 pistols, the slide is pulled back and then lifted at the rear, the slides forward and off the barrel which is fixed to the frame. To release the slide so that it can be lifted off the rails, a pair of GLOCK-style takedown levers must be depressed using your thumb and forefinger. The levers are actually easier to use than GLOCK’s levers, which I find difficult to grasp without sufficient fingernail length. The M22 levers protrude a bit farther, making them easier to get a hold of.The barrel is not stainless, which is disappointing, and the recoil spring is coiled around it. Once the slide is off, you remove the spring, do your cleaning, replace the spring, then slip the barrel back into the opening in the end of the slide, pull the slide back, depress the takedown levers, and then press the slide back down onto the rails and slide it forward into battery.I found dozens of reviews saying they loved the gun and twice as many that said they hated it because it jammed all the time & .22LR cannot be used for self defence. Well the problem lies underneath, which is some company make way cheap ammo to save the cost it's like using a 9mm cheap bullet from china. You will find them also unreliable. Now I barely use CCI bullets most of the time i just use ELEY Sport or Remington Yellow Jacket. CCI is very good but get too expensive specially when your buying in .22LR. The whole point of .22LR is to be cheap & effective. Coming to the second comments on the reviews about self defence. Working a Security officer I have been using using .22LR as a self defence weapon for over 20 years now. It had never let me down once. I go to shooting range twice a week & shoot at last 200 to 300 rounds not a single round got misfired. The secret is when ever i buy a .22LR pistol the first thing i do is take it out from the box, safety check first off course and disassemable it completely. Then i take a nice big silver baking cooking pan (which i have stolen from my wife) put the pistol in this case ISSC M22 in the pan and spray the whole thing with the WD40 including the lower part which has grips on it. Now don't be greedy and spray less, make sure the every part of the pistol is dripping wet. Leave all the part in the pan for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Now don't wipe or dry the pistol. Start assembling the pistol, once it is fully assembled take a clean piece of cotton cloth and just wipe the out side of the pistol. Once you done, you are now ready to fire any ammo in it. You can fire up to 500 rounds before you see any misfiring and that is only because of the chamber getting dirty. I use that method once a month specially when i'm firing more than 200 rounds.
Accuracy: ***

Depending upon which model you get, the M22 can be quite accurate. Mine has the 4″ barrel, but there are target shooting models with longer barrels.

Reliability: ***
Some people report lots of problems. I have not. Follow the Method & you won't have nay problems.Ease of Use: ***
The single-action-only trigger takes come getting used to. If you de-cock it, you have to remember to cock the hammer to fire because there is no double action pull.Features: *****
Ambidextrous safety/decocker, trigger safety, key lock safety, magazine disconnect safety, adjustable rear sight, picatinny rail for mounting lights or lasers.Trigger: ***Ammo Capacity: ***
Average for a .22 pistol, 10+1.Weight: ****
21.4 oz.Firepower: -
It’s a .22.Aesthetics: ****
Just a cool looking gun. Makes you wish ISSC would make a gun in a bigger caliber.Comfort: ***
The grip is smooth and comfortable, with exaggerated swells for your thumbs and finger grooves on the front-strap.

Txshooter
19-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I was gonna comment on gunlover2020's comment on the issc being better than a walther p22.. But saw he's banned. :)

B-King
31-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Good review guys and what are your thoughts about, How concealable is this weapon?