PDA

View Full Version : 7.62X54R Custom Made Rifle Pics

Zahid Hussain
21-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Here are some pics of 7.62X54R rifles used in Balochistan for target shooting.
http://s1.postimage.org/EQX09.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2axdwludg/)

http://s3.postimage.org/Jxld0.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/2kg51eh50/)
Hope you people like them

Silent killerr
21-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Very nice rifle. Butt stock in second picture is really impressive

Denovo87
21-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Nice custom made rifles, is it "DUNGAR" Zahid bro? if it is then we have inventor of this customization with us on the forum.

Apalo
21-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice custom made rifles, is it "DUNGAR" Zahid bro? if it is then we have inventor of this customization with us on the forum.
Name please.
@Zahid
nice share, specially the second one :)

Zahid Hussain
21-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes it is DUNGAR

Rasal.Saleh
21-09-2010, 10:11 PM
I think Skeeter 60 sb is the inventor of this customisation.

I personally dont know much about this rifle,
Info would be welcome.
I think the barrel is from a dragnauv and the reciever from a lee enfield.
apart from that i dont know much about it.

Regards

s.cheema
21-09-2010, 10:20 PM
very nice rifles

mhrehman
22-09-2010, 02:42 AM
very nice indeed

marlin vs
22-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Very nice the bottom one is unusual.

jagga
22-09-2010, 04:03 AM
at what sort of range are you shooting targets with those guns?

coolbox18
22-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Beautiful gun.
What is the performance feedback?
how much does it cost?

Gunpsycho
22-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice rifle Bro BTW is this available in Quetta market :) :)

Mohammad
22-09-2010, 08:10 PM
very nicely built. BTW who made this one. The craftsmanship on the rifle in the second pic is superb

wasifali89
22-09-2010, 10:49 PM
they look rough though but i would highly appreciate if you can tell us the price here

im also looking forward for some similar customization from darra in future

Skeeter60
23-09-2010, 01:00 AM
I started this by using the chrome lined barrel of the 7.62x54R medium machine gun. The barrel is finned for air cooling and the fins and the flash hidder are cut off and the barrel turned down. The gas port was welded closed and was fixed in the US P14 or P17 Enfield rifles made by Winchester, Remington and Eddystone.
I made several and presented some to my friends in Quetta.
The reason was the ammo was so cheap you could get 3 rounds for one ruppee or 20 bullets to a US dollar, in 1987.
Even now the ammo is for about Rs 30 a round or a 3 to a US dollar.
I had the first Rifles made in Zore Qalay, in Darra Adam khel and every one laughed at the idea, these were made by Yaqeen Shah and when asked by friends if the rifles were custom made and by whom and I would say by ( Yauqin Shaw ) an Austrian gun maker, and every body would believe me, and appreciate the work of the Austrian gun smith and then I would tell them the finest wood for the stock can only come from Pakistan and that it was poor old Yaqueen Shah and later Mistri Aseel Khan who made these rifles for a song at that time.
It was 1987, the action of the P17 or P14 Enfield cost around 2500/- and the barrel from the Russian Machine gun Rs 900/-. Later they started cutting the barrels to make barrels for TT 7.62 pistols so the barrels shot up to 2100/ and later 6500/-
The rifles turned out to be very accurate with the Chinese and the Russian military ammo grouping between 1.5 to 2 inches at 100m which is real good with so cheap military ammo.
Big bore rifles are fired every day of the week on ranges in Baluchistan and Quetta and they all converted to this round and rifle and used to call it by my name for years.
Sardar Naseer, Baboo Mushtaque, Adnan and Asad Sherani have been winning in the 200 and 300 yard competitions with these rifles since 1987 in the Sibi Mela every year and regular matches they shoot at Quetta.
Brother Gilani being there can testify to this

Mohammad
23-09-2010, 06:04 PM
+1 Sir Skeeter... There is no other testament to, the craftsmanship talent and superb ingenuity of redesigning guns, to the our darra people and other gunsmiths around the country. If they are given a little back support and fund raising from the Govt, i bet they are gonna make the whole world watch in amazement to there talent

Skeeter60
23-09-2010, 07:01 PM
+1 Sir Skeeter... There is no other testament to, the craftsmanship talent and superb ingenuity of redesigning guns, to the our darra people and other gunsmiths around the country. If they are given a little back support and fund raising from the Govt, i bet they are gonna make the whole world watch in amazement to there talent

They need education, machinery and raw materials to make their own. Right now the better weapons are made by scavenging , a barrel from here an action from there and the finest walnut is our own and with pains taking effort they have been taught the finer aspects of shot gun stocks, and rifle stocks.
the TT pistols they used to make; the barrels came from the machine guns which were exactly .310 the same dia as a 7.63/7.62 x25 bullet. These were chrome lined and last better and more accurate than the chinese run of the mill TT. The frames sometimes cracked.
Fund raising by government will never lead any one any any where. Immediately corruption and bad politics will come in.
They should be given machinery , new lathes and taught what is required. A rifle barrel is a complete technology. The head space, the angle of the forcing cone, the length of free bore, the rifling twist , depth of grooves and lands width etc are to be known as well as when the barrels are first bored these are annealed and then after the grooves are hook cut, button rifled or cold hammer forged the barrels are relieved of stress once again. The top makers even give them a cryogenic treatment and final polishing or even fire lapping and then a super accurate barrel is made.
In Pakistan only second hand lathes are imported by these mechanics being cheap, but these have already developed run out and play and sold as scrap. We buy expansive imported rifles but when it come to paying even a small amount for local weapons we sneer and bargain; we have to encourage them. I have done my little in sharing my little knowledge with them and always tipping heavily for work done by the mistris for my self and friends. Some people hold it against me for spoiling them. I think those people are spoilt. More power to the mistries ( Armourers of Darra Adam Khel)

coolbox18
23-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Fund raising by government will never lead any one any any where. Immediately corruption and bad politics will come in.

Sir, thats the irony of our beloved homeland :(
At the same time, applause for contributors like your self :)

@ all: Any idea of where can this weapon be acquired from, and at what price?

Zahid Hussain
24-09-2010, 04:36 AM
We shoot coke bottles at the range of 200 meters.During matches You have to shoot 5 bottles with only 5 shots.
at what sort of range are you shooting targets with those guns?

Zahid Hussain
24-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Yes they are they cost from 50-60k
Nice rifle Bro BTW is this available in Quetta market :) :)

Zahid Hussain
24-09-2010, 04:42 AM
This rifle was crafted by a person who is a heavy duty generator mechanic.
very nicely built. BTW who made this one. The craftsmanship on the rifle in the second pic is superb

Zahid Hussain
24-09-2010, 04:53 AM
I started this by using the chrome lined barrel of the 7.62x54R medium machine gun. The barrel is finned for air cooling and the fins and the flash hidder are cut off and the barrel turned down. The gas port was welded closed and was fixed in the US P14 or P17 Enfield rifles made by Winchester, Remington and Eddystone.
The reason was the ammo was so cheap you could get 3 rounds for one ruppee or 20 bullets to a US dollar, in 1987.
I had the first Rifles made in Zore Qalay, in Darra Adam khel and every one laughed at the idea, these were made by Yaqeen Shah and when asked by friends if the rifles were custom made and by whom and I would say by ( Yauqin Shaw ) an Austrian gun maker, and every body would believe me, and appreciate the work of the Austrian gun smith and then I would tell them the finest wood for the stock can only come from Pakistan and that it was poor old Yaqueen Shah and later Mistri Aseel Khan who made these rifles for a song at that time.
It was 1987, the action of the P17 or P14 Enfield cost around 2500/- and the barrel from the Russian Machine gun Rs 900/-. Later they started cutting the barrels to make barrels for TT 7.62 pistols so the barrels shot up to 2100/ and later 6500/-
The rifles turned out to be very accurate with the Chinese and the Russian military ammo grouping between 1.5 to 2 inches at 100m which is real good with so cheap military ammo.
Big bore rifles are fired every day of the week on ranges in Baluchistan and Quetta and they all converted to this round and rifle and used to call it by my name for years.
Sardar Naseer, Baboo Mushtaque, Adnan and Asad Sherani have been winning in the 200 and 300 yard competitions with these rifles since 1987 in the Sibi Mela every year and regular matches they shoot at Quetta.
Brother Gilani being there can testify to this Dear Skeeter60 Sahib you mentioned about a person by the name of Babu Mushtaque,there are 2 Babu Mushtaque's both are very famous hunters one is I think the father of Haji Bilal and the other one was a Gunsmith which one of them were you referring to?

Mohammad
24-09-2010, 08:36 AM

They need education, machinery and raw materials to make their own. Right now the better weapons are made by scavenging , a barrel from here an action from there and the finest walnut is our own and with pains taking effort they have been taught the finer aspects of shot gun stocks, and rifle stocks.
the TT pistols they used to make; the barrels came from the machine guns which were exactly .310 the same dia as a 7.63/7.62 x25 bullet. These were chrome lined and last better and more accurate than the chinese run of the mill TT. The frames sometimes cracked.
They should be given machinery , new lathes and taught what is required. A rifle barrel is a complete technology. The head space, the angle of the forcing cone, the length of free bore, the rifling twist , depth of grooves and lands width etc are to be known as well as when the barrels are first bored these are annealed and then after the grooves are hook cut, button rifled or cold hammer forged the barrels are relieved of stress once again. The top makers even give them a cryogenic treatment and final polishing or even fire lapping and then a super accurate barrel is made.
In Pakistan only second hand lathes are imported by these mechanics being cheap, but these have already developed run out and play and sold as scrap. We buy expansive imported rifles but when it come to paying even a small amount for local weapons we sneer and bargain; we have to encourage them. I have done my little in sharing my little knowledge with them and always tipping heavily for work done by the mistris for my self and friends. Some people hold it against me for spoiling them. I think those people are spoilt. More power to the mistries ( Armourers of Darra Adam Khel)

very well said Sir. A little help from our side is desperatly needed for this honorary profession to flourish.

Skeeter60
24-09-2010, 01:07 PM
@ ZAHID HUSSAIN SAHAB
This is Haji Bilals father owner of the gun store and a remarkable rifle shot at th age of 70 or so; I hold him in great regard. The others are Sardar Naseer again now a gun store owner and Asad and Adnan Mushtaques son in law and nephew

Rotorcrafts
24-09-2010, 05:17 PM

+1 Sir Skeeter Sahib. atleast I think on the same lines. When i bought my Shotgun from Darra Adam Khel, I did not argue on the price and gave the Gunsmith whta he demanded, He was very happy and in the end I am an owner of an excellent Shotgun :D

Gilani
26-09-2010, 02:12 AM
Brother Gilani being there can testify to this
+1 Skeeter sahib. The other day I fired Sardar Naseer's dangar and it was damn accurate at 200 M. After it was zeroed for my eyes, hitting bottles at 200 was not much of a problem. Every one that day was carrying a different style dangar (all off course with the same type of barrel and action) and it was a real pleasure firing many of them :)

Dr Hanif Malik
27-09-2010, 06:48 AM
@sir gilani,amazing accuracy can we bought this rifle for target and hunt purposes as bullites are easy available i think? :)

Gilani
27-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Dr sahib, in Balochistan, this rifle (dangur) is being heavily used both for target shooting and hunting (Ibex, Markhor etc). :)

hskhan2k2
28-09-2010, 03:22 AM
hmmmm nice one.....

AKA777
20-02-2013, 12:47 PM
nice gun bro

American Lockpicker
20-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Nice rifles.

Qazi Usman
24-02-2013, 07:15 PM
WOW very nice guns..

Cool Hunter
27-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Very nice rifle

Ch_Adnan
08-04-2013, 06:24 PM
very nice rifle and ic ke ub kia rate hen and avealiblty ?

wasi
09-05-2013, 12:32 PM
I got one of such crafted weapon as a gift and I kept on looking through the internet for its origin but was utterly helpless, then I recalled ur blog. now I have figured out why every thing in my rifle is foreign made yet it is not listed any where in the world.

Ch_Adnan
10-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I got one of such crafted weapon as a gift and I kept on looking through the internet for its origin but was utterly helpless, then I recalled ur blog. now I have figured out why every thing in my rifle is foreign made yet it is not listed any where in the world.

sir kitne men ye mil jati he?

Zartash
13-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Very informative and nice gun

zia raza
17-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Excellent job done sir.

ajmal virk
17-06-2013, 09:45 AM
These are awesome rifles.