PDA

View Full Version : The Gun that Won the West

citizen
18-09-2010, 11:52 PM
AOA Brothers,

Many of you must have understood what i mean. This is all about Winchester Lever action rifles.
I havent seen any topic about the Lever Action Rifles on Pakguns.com.
Norinco is producing a replica of the famous winchester 1887 shotgun. But do we have lever action rifles available here in Pakistan in NPB capacity? These rifles deserve some respect as once these were ''The best a man can get'' rifles.

Regards.

Haider Shah
19-09-2010, 12:03 AM
@ Cititzen , Welcome
Please throw some light on 1887 Winchester Shotgun , how it became famous in the presence of Uk , Belgium guns, weapons never die so all of them need to be respected ;)

citizen
19-09-2010, 01:08 AM
Winchester 1887 was introduced by Winchester repeating arms in 1887. This legendary shotgun was designed by john browning, the famous gun designer. It was chambered for 12gauge shells but soon a model chambered for 10gauge ammo was introduced. Those models cant stand the modern ammo. This was 1st successful repeating shotgun standing up to the name of Winchester repeating arms as they were famous for their lever action style guns.
The reason of its fame was being a shotgun with 6shot capacity i believe. I dont think there was any other shotgun with capacity of more than 2 shells at that time. Now Lets wait for the seniors to second what i said or correct me:)
Norinco has introduced the replica by the name of YL1887 i believe. This replica is designed for the modern ammo of 12gauge. An italian company is also making the same but i dont know the name of that company.

You must have seen this popular shotgun in many movies. Arnold used this shotgun in Terminator 2 the judgment day as his primary weapon.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss about the Leveraction RIFLES like winchester 1866 and the modern lever action guns. Lets wait for seniors members' replies.

Virk
19-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Do you have any picture ????

citizen
19-09-2010, 02:42 AM
here comes the Winchester m1887.
http://s4.postimage.org/dfQ4i.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/qwngw7ok/)

and Winchester 1866
http://s4.postimage.org/dgvtJ.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/qxfl142s/)

@virk bro
I wasnt sure if ur askin for the Rifle's pic or shotgun. So posting both..:)

Peace.

citizen
21-09-2010, 12:02 AM
I am surprised no one is interested in Lever action rifles :).

msm
21-09-2010, 10:36 PM
They are really beautiful, faster than boltaction, operation of lever looks cool but sadly they are not easily available in Pakistan if available at all. As ammo for tubular magazine (rifle) should be round nose or soft point its will be quite costly and hard to find.
I wonder if some 1 come up with a local made lever action rifle that it will be a big hit and will sell like hot cakes as the price will be far less than imported 1 and there will be no much worried abt the reliability because for most it will be a fun gun.

Regarding shotgun I guess they got higher chances to be found but I haven’t seen any the ammo is nothing to worry abt and is cheap to shoot as compare to rifle.

some experts say no to lever action as it’s difficult to operate in tight corners or if some 1 is shooting in prone position

ALI BABA
22-09-2010, 02:05 AM
brother i m interested in lever action rifle

ALI BABA
22-09-2010, 02:07 AM
recently came to know that mosberg in also producing lever action rifle

ALI BABA
22-09-2010, 02:08 AM
i m searching for .243 lever action rifle but unable to find it

citizen
22-09-2010, 10:00 PM
@ Ali baba
Norinco produces replicas of M1887 and winchester rifles as well but those rifles are chambered for .22 ammo. I don't think .243 lever action will be available around.

@msm

It not about practicality bro. Its all about the passion. I am a big fan of Lever action Rifles and i believe that there are many out there. :)

Peace.

msm
23-09-2010, 07:57 PM
@citizen
Iam also a fan of this lovely rifle but sadly they r not available here :(

24-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Hello Gentlemen, I have just joined the forum. I am from US.
I read forum from last year and "Hassan", a Pak Guns member was looking for a BRNO in .270 caliber.
Does anyone out there know if he still wants one??

Six Feet Above the Ground is a Very Good Day!

citizen
24-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Welcome to pakguns 746!

the guy you are refering to is from karachi and he uses the id offroader2323. He is not active on the forum since April as his last post is dated 21/04/2010. Check his profile and try to contact him in threads he posted last time. or you can ask the admins to send him a mail on your behalf.

Regards.

bigbrother
24-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I own a Winchester Model 1895 lever-action repeating rifle with following specifications:
• Cal./Gauge: .405 W.C.F.
• Barrel(s): 24"
• Weight: 8 Lbs 8 ounces
• Sights/Scope: Standard with Lyman side mount.
• Stock: American walnut.
• Stock Dimensions: LOP: 12 1/2"
• Butt/Pad: Crescent steel
• Bore Condition: Good, sharp rifling, no rust pitting.
• Serial No. 40300

Markings on the Gun
• Nickel Steel Barrel – Specially for Smokeless Powder
• Model 1895 Winchester
• Trademark Reg. US PAT OFF & FGN
• Manufactred by Winchester Repeating Arms Co., New
Haven, Conn., USA
• Patented Aug 6 1807
• Lyon & Lyon, Calcutta
• 405 W.C.F. Barrel
• Serial No. 40300

citizen
24-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Very nice bigbrother!

Can u post some pics of ur rifle? What about the ammo availability?

24-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks Citizen.
I will contact him.

You are a good citizen! :D

Amjad Ali
25-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I am surprised no one is interested in Lever action rifles :).

why you are surprised do you want to sell your lever action rifles or just want discussion about that everybody on this forum have an extreme knowledge about guns , pistols , rifles etc but what`s your point of surprise , everybody wants to safe his time bolt action rifles may be got much time to load then others what you say about it`s loading

citizen
25-09-2010, 10:50 PM
@746
You are always welcome bro.

@Amjad Ali

:) No doubt that all the members have atleast more knowledge than i do and i am not here to argue with that. Neither i asked anyone to buy what i am here to discuss about. I am sorry if my SURPRISE bothered you. By the way if u want to SAFE your time, then u better SAVE it for some other time:).

Peace.

Amjad
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
i have winchester 1894, 32-40 rifle. it was retailed by Lyon & Lyon Calcutta. the gun is still in working condition, but i have only 20x Ammo. looking for its Ammo?

Enigmatic Desires
16-11-2010, 09:07 PM
I did see a lever action (albeit a pretty dilapidated one) hanging on the wall at Ahmed Traders in Karachi. Some of his prices may be beyond outrageous but he does carry a lot of unusual items.